Author Topic: New to this  (Read 6374 times)

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
Re: New to this
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2020, 09:13:29 PM »
Day 35

It's been 21 days since I have posted in this introduction and I feel like I need to vent/ update on my journey. I know the past few weeks I have not been as active on this site as I was the first few weeks due to a few reasons, and time being the number one reason. Since September 2 I have been extremely busy. September 2nd, 3rd, and 4th were days that I helped decorating the wedding venue, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and finally the wedding on September 5th. I can honestly say I was too busy to even think let alone worry about dip. I did catch myself the morning of the wedding wanting a dip of the real stuff due to the fact that my best man dips and he rode in with me to where we got ready and hung out for the day prior to the wedding but I did not cave. Instead I kept thinking about my future (present) wife, this site, my family, and the life long friends I have made during this journey. Anyone of you who have been married knows the stress leading up to and even after the wedding. 35 days ago I would not have been able to handle the stress without those cat turds.

The night after the reception I asked my beautiful bride where she wanted to go on our "honeymoon" which we actually like to call it the vacation after the wedding. We both decided to head east (we live in WV) and ended up in Delaware. During the drive in (about 6 hours) I definitely fought some urges. Driving is the hardest thing for me. I don't know why I have always resorted to nic on trips but it has always just been my thing. Luckily I had some grinds, and triumph chew to get me through, and the support of my new wife.

We ended up staying in Delaware for one night and then the next morning drove South to Ocean City, Maryland where we stayed the entire week from September 7 through September 12. It was a fun time and I had the best seafood I have ever had.

September 12 was the first night together in our new home. We bought a house together in March but decided to not live in it until after we were married, together. Neither one of us spent a single night here until September 12.

From September 14 until now I have been playing catch up at work and have not had much time for anything. This week I have used grinds and triumph chew to get me through the cravings. But I'm still standing strong and I am NOT going to cave into this shit.

As you can all see I have been extremely busy and I have not meant to ghost this site or not be involved. Things are beginning to slow down and I am hopeful to be able to put more into this site and keep holding myself accountable as well as my fellow brothers. It sucks that we lost a brother this week to another site and drama as I was told but we stick together. We are quit!!

NAFAR
ODAAT
WUPP
Congratulations. Just make sure you keep your quit a priority. WUPP EDD
Good stuff brother, you've got my number if you ever need to reach out. You're not allowed to give in until @Keith0617 and I give you permission
Jordan, I'm proud of you, buddy! I'm always around if you need to vent, chat, whatever. Keep that quit solid EDD! Stay gold, Pony Boy!
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2020, 09:07:22 PM »
Day 35

It's been 21 days since I have posted in this introduction and I feel like I need to vent/ update on my journey. I know the past few weeks I have not been as active on this site as I was the first few weeks due to a few reasons, and time being the number one reason. Since September 2 I have been extremely busy. September 2nd, 3rd, and 4th were days that I helped decorating the wedding venue, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and finally the wedding on September 5th. I can honestly say I was too busy to even think let alone worry about dip. I did catch myself the morning of the wedding wanting a dip of the real stuff due to the fact that my best man dips and he rode in with me to where we got ready and hung out for the day prior to the wedding but I did not cave. Instead I kept thinking about my future (present) wife, this site, my family, and the life long friends I have made during this journey. Anyone of you who have been married knows the stress leading up to and even after the wedding. 35 days ago I would not have been able to handle the stress without those cat turds.

The night after the reception I asked my beautiful bride where she wanted to go on our "honeymoon" which we actually like to call it the vacation after the wedding. We both decided to head east (we live in WV) and ended up in Delaware. During the drive in (about 6 hours) I definitely fought some urges. Driving is the hardest thing for me. I don't know why I have always resorted to nic on trips but it has always just been my thing. Luckily I had some grinds, and triumph chew to get me through, and the support of my new wife.

We ended up staying in Delaware for one night and then the next morning drove South to Ocean City, Maryland where we stayed the entire week from September 7 through September 12. It was a fun time and I had the best seafood I have ever had.

September 12 was the first night together in our new home. We bought a house together in March but decided to not live in it until after we were married, together. Neither one of us spent a single night here until September 12.

From September 14 until now I have been playing catch up at work and have not had much time for anything. This week I have used grinds and triumph chew to get me through the cravings. But I'm still standing strong and I am NOT going to cave into this shit.

As you can all see I have been extremely busy and I have not meant to ghost this site or not be involved. Things are beginning to slow down and I am hopeful to be able to put more into this site and keep holding myself accountable as well as my fellow brothers. It sucks that we lost a brother this week to another site and drama as I was told but we stick together. We are quit!!

NAFAR
ODAAT
WUPP
Good stuff brother, you've got my number if you ever need to reach out. You're not allowed to give in until @Keith0617 and I give you permission
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1908
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 08:25:08 PM »
Day 35

NAFAR
ODAAT
WUPP
Jan19

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8/13/2020
  • Interests: Sports, History, and Books
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »
Day 35

NAFAR
ODAAT
WUPP
ODAAT
Stay Quit!

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2020, 09:29:50 PM »
14 days

I never thought I would make it this long when I decided to kill the can. This experience to date has been one I’ll never forget. Arguably one of the worst weeks of my life (the first week quitting) has been brightened by my second week because I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and what life is like nicotine free.

This addiction has been apart of me for nearly half of my life. I turn 30 years old this Sunday.  I wish I could go back in time and tell that 16 year old dumbass kid who thought it was cool to put a dip in to not do it. I would throat punch that kid and knock some sense into him if I could just go back to that day.

I am not cured, healed, free from addiction or whatever you want to call it. I am still fighting the demons of that nicotine/ tobacco and can still hear that voice telling me it’s okay to grab a can of the real stuff but no.... I will not

We are better than tobacco and nicotine. Tobacco and nicotine do not deserve us. Though at times it’s tempting we relent and become resilient in refraining from giving into our temptations because we are strong, we are a brotherhood, we are killers of the can.

As I put my mind to this and decided enough was enough I needed this support. Accountability is huge for me and I couldn’t be more grateful for this site and the guys on here.

I will continue to improve my life and beat this addiction. I’m only 14 days in but I have a new outlook on things. This new found accountability not only works here but in real life. Real life is about discipline and accountability. I will stay disciplined, my life depends on it...

ODAAT

Love your attitude El Capitan.  Embrace the suck.  It will come and go.  At 419 days, I still have days that I'm balls deep in anxiety and crazy cravings...but I'm 419 days FREE!!  When the suck knocks at the door, come in here and rage, read, and blog it out.  We'll be here to rage back and keep you straight.  Hold that line brother.

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2020, 01:42:43 PM »
14 days

I never thought I would make it this long when I decided to kill the can. This experience to date has been one I’ll never forget. Arguably one of the worst weeks of my life (the first week quitting) has been brightened by my second week because I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and what life is like nicotine free.

This addiction has been apart of me for nearly half of my life. I turn 30 years old this Sunday.  I wish I could go back in time and tell that 16 year old dumbass kid who thought it was cool to put a dip in to not do it. I would throat punch that kid and knock some sense into him if I could just go back to that day.

I am not cured, healed, free from addiction or whatever you want to call it. I am still fighting the demons of that nicotine/ tobacco and can still hear that voice telling me it’s okay to grab a can of the real stuff but no.... I will not

We are better than tobacco and nicotine. Tobacco and nicotine do not deserve us. Though at times it’s tempting we relent and become resilient in refraining from giving into our temptations because we are strong, we are a brotherhood, we are killers of the can.

As I put my mind to this and decided enough was enough I needed this support. Accountability is huge for me and I couldn’t be more grateful for this site and the guys on here.

I will continue to improve my life and beat this addiction. I’m only 14 days in but I have a new outlook on things. This new found accountability not only works here but in real life. Real life is about discipline and accountability. I will stay disciplined, my life depends on it...

ODAAT
Great to see you take this head on and serious. Big time glad that you are making the decision now instead of waiting. I also wish that I could go back and throat punch myself for starting on this disgusting journey 30 some years ago. Stay the course and keep your strength up. You will still have good and bad days then the good days will outnumber the bad. You have some very trying times coming up still but do not let that deter you. I am at 176 days and still have issues relating to my quit which absolutely drive me up a wall. But considering where I was in my quit 100 days ago its a night and day difference. Need anything please feel free and reach out to me. I am more then willing to share my knowledge but a whole pile of it came from the other vets on KTC so I will credit them for it. Stay strong my friend and God bless.

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2020, 01:17:25 PM »
14 days

ODAAT
ODAAT
Stay Quit!

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4350
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2020, 09:29:02 PM »
Today I bought some fake dips. Was having a shitty day at work with a lot of paperwork and needed something in my lip. Went down to the Par Mar and got me some cherry Grinds pouches and Baccoff wintergreen pouches. No nicotine or tobaccer of course. Felt really good to just have something in my lip that I knew wouldn't kill me. Not for one minute did I crave any nic or tobaccer. I ordered some triumph rush wintergreen pouches last night online. We will see. I dont want to start this as a habit. Just use it rarely. Just wanted to get stocked up in case I needed a little plug in my lip. I highly recommend using these alternatives if you just want that grit. ODAAT tho! I will conquer these cat turds.
Good call Captain. I myself need the fake stuff to get thru the day. I am 173 days in and the craves/oral fix absolutely drive me up a wall. Anything to keep you off the tobackey my friend. You got to do what you got to do and don’t worry yet about it being another crutch. I know a few vets that ate that stuff and now don’t even think about it. Keeping kicking that can down the road brother and PTBQWYT!!!
There are many tools in the toolbox of quit. Fake substitutes that contain zero tobacco or nicotine are certainly acceptable tools to help power through the cravings and tough moments. Some are concerned they will get "addicted" to the fake stuff but I have yet to hear of that happening to anyone in my 4.5 years on this site. There will simply come a day that your mouth has healed enough that having even the fake in your lip will seem weird that that will be the end. I keep a can of Baccoff on hand just in case still but it typically goes dry before I use it. But that's ok; I always want to be prepared for when the nic bitch comes knocking.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2020, 06:21:28 PM »
Today I bought some fake dips. Was having a shitty day at work with a lot of paperwork and needed something in my lip. Went down to the Par Mar and got me some cherry Grinds pouches and Baccoff wintergreen pouches. No nicotine or tobaccer of course. Felt really good to just have something in my lip that I knew wouldn't kill me. Not for one minute did I crave any nic or tobaccer. I ordered some triumph rush wintergreen pouches last night online. We will see. I dont want to start this as a habit. Just use it rarely. Just wanted to get stocked up in case I needed a little plug in my lip. I highly recommend using these alternatives if you just want that grit. ODAAT tho! I will conquer these cat turds.
Good call Captain. I myself need the fake stuff to get thru the day. I am 173 days in and the craves/oral fix absolutely drive me up a wall. Anything to keep you off the tobackey my friend. You got to do what you got to do and don’t worry yet about it being another crutch. I know a few vets that ate that stuff and now don’t even think about it. Keeping kicking that can down the road brother and PTBQWYT!!!

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2020, 05:50:40 PM »

ODAAT
Stay Quit!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2020, 07:22:55 AM »
Congratulations on the double aces! Looks like you're serious about reclaiming your life. Good for you man.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4350
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2020, 10:52:51 PM »
I'm not sure if this intro can be used as a running blog or not but fuck it I'm gonna do it this way because why not. I just want to write a few things down as I go along on this journey away from those cat turds that I thought I needed.

I have reflected on this new chapter of my life and I couldn't be more grateful to finally have the courage to stand up and say enough is enough and I'm not going to subject myself to this cancer dirt anymore. I'm doing this for MYSELF. Not anyone else. It's time to put myself first and stop my bullshit of thinking I need this shit or want this shit when I don't.

Yeah, it's tough at times, but you know what? LIFE IS TOUGH. I want to be here for my family, my friends, and you all. It really takes a special person to stand up and quit tobacco and nicotine. I honestly thought I would be looked at like a pussy for quitting or I would feel like a pussy for quitting but in reality its the furthest thing from that.

I want to be a leader in my NOV group. IF any member wants to talk then please PM me. I have PMed a few people of it but haven't heard back from anyone but that's okay. Taking things ODAAT works on KTC but it also works for LIFE.

NAFAR
ODAAT
Blog away bro! The intros are a perfect place for stuff like this. These intro are visible to people who have yet to sign up at KTC so sharing your experiences and thoughts might help a stranger or two make the big decision to join the ranks here. Not to mention, when shit gets tough, you can read back through all your progress and posts and by the time you are done, that crave will be long gone.

Keep kicking nicotine's ass. If you want my digits, send me a PM. Always happy to help hold a fellow quitter accountable.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2020, 06:19:05 PM »
I'm not sure if this intro can be used as a running blog or not but fuck it I'm gonna do it this way because why not. I just want to write a few things down as I go along on this journey away from those cat turds that I thought I needed.

I have reflected on this new chapter of my life and I couldn't be more grateful to finally have the courage to stand up and say enough is enough and I'm not going to subject myself to this cancer dirt anymore. I'm doing this for MYSELF. Not anyone else. It's time to put myself first and stop my bullshit of thinking I need this shit or want this shit when I don't.

Yeah, it's tough at times, but you know what? LIFE IS TOUGH. I want to be here for my family, my friends, and you all. It really takes a special person to stand up and quit tobacco and nicotine. I honestly thought I would be looked at like a pussy for quitting or I would feel like a pussy for quitting but in reality its the furthest thing from that.

I want to be a leader in my NOV group. IF any member wants to talk then please PM me. I have PMed a few people of it but haven't heard back from anyone but that's okay. Taking things ODAAT works on KTC but it also works for LIFE.

NAFAR
ODAAT
ODAAT
Stay Quit!

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2020, 09:28:38 PM »
Day 9 has been hard. Felt great this morning and as I went on it got harder.

Is using fake dip okay? Like bac-off? I don’t want to use it all the time obviously but I have a big road trip coming soon and I thought if the fake alternatives were okay I would maybe try that?

Just what is everyone’s take on the fake dip? Can it be used to be successful in the quit?
Fake dip is fine as long as it is nicotine and tobacco free. I used Smoky Mountain herbal snuff and Fully Loaded, both nicotine and tobacco free. Also used Grinds coffee pouches (not the greatest) and Teaza pouches (love the peppermint and spicy cinnamon). The only thing I still use is the Teaza. There are some good reviews of different brands of fake dips on the main web page https://www.killthecan.org/.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2020, 07:21:42 PM »
Day 9 has been hard. Felt great this morning and as I went on it got harder.

Is using fake dip okay? Like bac-off? I don’t want to use it all the time obviously but I have a big road trip coming soon and I thought if the fake alternatives were okay I would maybe try that?

Just what is everyone’s take on the fake dip? Can it be used to be successful in the quit?
ODAAT
Stay Quit!