Author Topic: Me, Freddi.  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: Me, Freddi.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2020, 10:59:47 PM »
30 years is a long time to recover from.  I used for 35 years before I decided to quit and I stumbled into this great forum by accident.  There are many here who can help you stay quit.  Get active in your quit group and connect with others.

I hit 5 years quit yesterday.  You can quit but you need to quit every day and quit one day at a time.  If I can do it you can do it.

Stranger999 day 1829

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 09:47:21 PM »
Freddi welcome aboard man.  Reading your first post really brought back some memories for me.  I felt almost exactly the same way and still battle with some of those feelings to this day.  I don't think I was ever afraid of anything as much as I was afraid of quitting/failing/being successful...but, like you, I used for a long time and have to stop. 

If I could reinforce just one thing it would be ODAAT.  Do what you need to do to get through the day without filling your lip.  Sleep, WUPP, repeat.  You'll stack days and before you know it, it will be slightly easier.  The vets promise me that slightly easier will give way to easier, then easy, then you'll forget about it for periods...etc.  Many have walked the path before you.  Follow their lead, be a stubborn fuck, embrace the suck, and you'll stay straight.  Please let me know if I can help in any way. 

Hold the line brother.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2001
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 09:45:54 AM »
@Freddi glad to see you on roll this morning. Focusing ODAAT - one day at a time will help you a great deal. Drink a ton of water, get some exercise, get a little extra rest and realize it will take time for your new normal to be present. We can’t put poison in our bodies for years and expect everything to go well after a week or 2. It takes time but realize those cravings, headaches, etc is our body healing. Food will taste so much better. You will get so much better sleep. Your energy and focus levels will return to normal. Best of all, you will not actively be killing yourself. If you choose life over nicotine, you really can do this and we are here to help. Check your messages as my digits will be there.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 10:00:39 AM by Keith0617 »
Jan19

Offline Rexmanning

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »
Sounds like you are actually ready to quit and not put out some half ass effort because someone told you need to quit. Sounds like you are driving this change and this quit. That means you are way more likely to succeed from my point of view.  You can do this

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8/13/2020
  • Interests: Sports, History, and Books
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 03:27:44 PM »
Hey Freddi!

Proud of you man! You can do this!!

Just take things ODAAT (One Day At A Time)
ODAAT
Stay Quit!

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 12:08:17 PM »
Were to start?  52, chewing on and off for over 30 years.  K, to be honest, Chewing for 30 years, with a couple small failed attempts at quitting.

I joined the forum a couple days ago, and just starting reading.  Didn't post, per the rules, I was still chewing like a MFer, in this twisted mentality that i had to had one more day.  One more day. Fucking sick.   My last chew was last night , before i fell asleep.  No patches, no nicotine gum.  I am surrounded by about 4 different flavors of 'grinds'.

I don't think I'm special, I'm guessing nothing I say will shock many of you.  I fucking love Cope.  I hate that it is killing me.  I hate the thought of getting cancer.   I chewed almost non-stop.  I regularly slept with chew in my mouth.  I never spit.  Ever.  That was 'wasting it', per my grandfather.  But I've got to be honest with myself, and all of you....I love the feel, the taste, the buzz......But it's not worth it.   I'm really going to struggle with this. I know I need you all to help me be accountable to myself, and each of you.

I'm afraid of failing.  I'm afraid of the horrible cravings.  I'm afraid of being constipated for weeks. I'm afraid of getting fucking fat.  I took the oath, signed my name to it, and put it in my wallet.  I'm gonna do my best, and hope you guys can help talk me "past' the cravings.   The cravings are why i've failed in the past, and nicotine is such a fickle bitch.  She makes you believe that it will all be okay, just have more.   I need to stop this cycle.

Sorry for the rambling.  thanks for having me.  Thanks for being willing to help.

Freddi
Welcome Freddi. Sounds like you have quite the love affair with the nic bitch. I think it's safe to say most people have that mindset when they join here to some degree. As you progress through the quitting process, your mindset will shift and realize that which you love is actually killing you. How can you love something that is destroying your health, relationships and pocketbook?

And let me pose this to you. I don't think you are afraid of failure. I think you are afraid of success. I know I was. We are scared to quit because we are afraid that success will eliminate this crutch of an addiction we have relied on for so long.

I encourage you to really focus 24 hours at a time. That is what we do here - post our promise each day to not use nicotine in any form for the next 24 hours. Today is all we can control. Don't worry about tomorrow or next week or next month. None of that is guaranteed. Control your addiction today and the days will start to add up quickly. Also, don't try to quantify "progress". Technically every second you keep that poison out of your system is progress. Each person's quit journey will be slightly different.

I see you have already made it into the December 2020 group. Nice work. Start connecting with your fellow quitters and build up that accountability network. Make posting early every damn day a priority. After that keep your word and when shit get tough, remember there are many brothers and sisters on here fighting in the trenches with you.

Any problem + nicotine = 2 problems
Welcome Freddi glad to see you made the right choice. MNx said it very well and accept the support of your vets. I myself am a 30 year plus addict of cope. I too loved the darn stuff, I too was afraid of failure because of doubts. I also lurked on the site then finally joined at 78 days thinking I could go it alone.  I am so glad to see you join right off the bat and we are 100% cold turkey as no nicotine replacements of any sort is aloud.  Dude you are in for the ride of your life and it will be a ride that you only want to do once. My biggest piece of advice is to share digits and get a bunch of people that will help. The next piece of advice is “embrace the suck and wear it as a badge of honor”. Thats how I look at it and I never want to go thru that that again. I had a whole bunch of other issues which still plague me to this day 174 days in but we are powering thru. Like MNx said and I agree get some digits in your group and outside your group. Only share them thru pms never out in the open. Mine are yours and all you need to do is ask. This might be the biggest thing you so in life and this will take awhile to get thru. You have plenty of help here and plenty of reading to increase your knowledge but its on you to quit and for nobody else. They can be harsh here but in the end you will understand why. Welcome my friend, stay safe, stay strong and God bless.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4367
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 11:49:08 AM »
Were to start?  52, chewing on and off for over 30 years.  K, to be honest, Chewing for 30 years, with a couple small failed attempts at quitting.

I joined the forum a couple days ago, and just starting reading.  Didn't post, per the rules, I was still chewing like a MFer, in this twisted mentality that i had to had one more day.  One more day. Fucking sick.   My last chew was last night , before i fell asleep.  No patches, no nicotine gum.  I am surrounded by about 4 different flavors of 'grinds'.

I don't think I'm special, I'm guessing nothing I say will shock many of you.  I fucking love Cope.  I hate that it is killing me.  I hate the thought of getting cancer.   I chewed almost non-stop.  I regularly slept with chew in my mouth.  I never spit.  Ever.  That was 'wasting it', per my grandfather.  But I've got to be honest with myself, and all of you....I love the feel, the taste, the buzz......But it's not worth it.   I'm really going to struggle with this. I know I need you all to help me be accountable to myself, and each of you.

I'm afraid of failing.  I'm afraid of the horrible cravings.  I'm afraid of being constipated for weeks. I'm afraid of getting fucking fat.  I took the oath, signed my name to it, and put it in my wallet.  I'm gonna do my best, and hope you guys can help talk me "past' the cravings.   The cravings are why i've failed in the past, and nicotine is such a fickle bitch.  She makes you believe that it will all be okay, just have more.   I need to stop this cycle.

Sorry for the rambling.  thanks for having me.  Thanks for being willing to help.

Freddi
Welcome Freddi. Sounds like you have quite the love affair with the nic bitch. I think it's safe to say most people have that mindset when they join here to some degree. As you progress through the quitting process, your mindset will shift and realize that which you love is actually killing you. How can you love something that is destroying your health, relationships and pocketbook?

And let me pose this to you. I don't think you are afraid of failure. I think you are afraid of success. I know I was. We are scared to quit because we are afraid that success will eliminate this crutch of an addiction we have relied on for so long.

I encourage you to really focus 24 hours at a time. That is what we do here - post our promise each day to not use nicotine in any form for the next 24 hours. Today is all we can control. Don't worry about tomorrow or next week or next month. None of that is guaranteed. Control your addiction today and the days will start to add up quickly. Also, don't try to quantify "progress". Technically every second you keep that poison out of your system is progress. Each person's quit journey will be slightly different.

I see you have already made it into the December 2020 group. Nice work. Start connecting with your fellow quitters and build up that accountability network. Make posting early every damn day a priority. After that keep your word and when shit get tough, remember there are many brothers and sisters on here fighting in the trenches with you.

Any problem + nicotine = 2 problems
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline sbbeq

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 11:34:54 AM »
Welcome to the party Freddi.

Offline Freddi

• Quit Pro
  • Hateful Loner - Dec 2020
  • Quit Date: 8/25/2020
  • Likes Given: 564
Me, Freddi.
« on: August 25, 2020, 10:41:43 AM »

Freddi 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:44:18 AM by Freddi »
I do not suffer from insanity....I enjoy every moment of it.

My HOF Speech - https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16842.0

Favorite quote:  Deservant of a throat punch.  'bang head'  - bubblehed668

Favorite 'report': This moderator is harassing me not posting every single day. This is ridiculous. - Clueless