Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2277 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Hello
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 09:02:00 PM »
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m 42 and from upstate ny. Tomorrow is my quit day and plan on posting day 1 then. Have dipped for 26 years, and I’m tired. I don’t want to fill the chat with my story so I’ll post more later. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome to KTC, HR. Thefranks laid it out pretty well. Once you've tossed the can, that's it - no nicotine in any form. Cold freaking Turkey.

Now, you may find fake dips help in the beginning. There are decent fake chews out there that are nicotine and tobacco free. The main KTC page has reviews for many of the more popular fake dips out there. Use them. There's no shame in that. Chew gum. Buy some seeds to work on. Something to satisfy the oral fixation. JUST NO NICOTINE.

Drink PLENTY of water. It will help flush the nicotine out of your system. Find something to do Sunday to occupy your mind. Have a plan.

Remember, you are doing this for YOU. Don't lay this on anyone else, and don't think you're being all sacrificial by quitting for anyone else. You have to own this. The addiction is yours; the quit is yours. Be ready to be held accountable for your action or inaction once you post your promise tomorrow on the December roll. The formula is simple: Brotherhood + Accountability = Success. ODAAT is how we roll - One Day At A Time. Check your PM for my digits, HR, and welcome to KTC.

@HR Guy

Welcome to KTC. Franks gave you the low down. Don’t plan to quit tomorrow, because then you can say tomorrow, tomorrow. Catch my drift? Commit now. Today can be your day 1. An addict makes a world of excuses why tomorrow is the day to quit, yet today it’s somehow okay to use 2x your normal amount since “tomorrow is the day”. Flush your stash down the toilet now, sack up, and change your life.

Welcome @HR Guy

Our stories are very similar...similar age, similar time using.  These guys above have done a great job with the "KTC 101" but I'll add one more thing.  READ!!  There is so much useful information on this site.  More importantly to me, are the personal stories.  In the early days, and even now to some extent, I felt very unique in the symptoms I was having.  It was pretty easy for me to say "they don't understand.  I like it more than they do...I'm more addicted".  The truth is, we are all very similar.  Your symptoms are not unique and you can power through this just like hundreds (?), thousands (?) have done before you.  Please reach out if I can be of any help at all.  My digits are in your in box.  Hold the line my friend.

~HAG

Offline snahsorg

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2018.08.21
  • Likes Given: 285
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 10:33:40 PM »
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m 42 and from upstate ny. Tomorrow is my quit day and plan on posting day 1 then. Have dipped for 26 years, and I’m tired. I don’t want to fill the chat with my story so I’ll post more later. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome to KTC, HR. Thefranks laid it out pretty well. Once you've tossed the can, that's it - no nicotine in any form. Cold freaking Turkey.

Now, you may find fake dips help in the beginning. There are decent fake chews out there that are nicotine and tobacco free. The main KTC page has reviews for many of the more popular fake dips out there. Use them. There's no shame in that. Chew gum. Buy some seeds to work on. Something to satisfy the oral fixation. JUST NO NICOTINE.

Drink PLENTY of water. It will help flush the nicotine out of your system. Find something to do Sunday to occupy your mind. Have a plan.

Remember, you are doing this for YOU. Don't lay this on anyone else, and don't think you're being all sacrificial by quitting for anyone else. You have to own this. The addiction is yours; the quit is yours. Be ready to be held accountable for your action or inaction once you post your promise tomorrow on the December roll. The formula is simple: Brotherhood + Accountability = Success. ODAAT is how we roll - One Day At A Time. Check your PM for my digits, HR, and welcome to KTC.

@HR Guy

Welcome to KTC. Franks gave you the low down. Don’t plan to quit tomorrow, because then you can say tomorrow, tomorrow. Catch my drift? Commit now. Today can be your day 1. An addict makes a world of excuses why tomorrow is the day to quit, yet today it’s somehow okay to use 2x your normal amount since “tomorrow is the day”. Flush your stash down the toilet now, sack up, and change your life.

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 10:28:45 PM »

Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 08:29:39 PM »
Welcome @HR Guy you will be with Dec posting and here is the link https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16691.0 . This is a no nicotine site so no patches, gum or anything that has nicotine. We are strictly cold turkey as thats the only way to go. Read the instructions for posting and if you screw up don’t worry somebody will fix and let you a note directing you. We quit here with WUPP. Wake up, post and piss. This way you give your promise to others that you will use no nicotine for that day. One day at a time here is what we do. Don’t worry about tomorrow worry about today. Set yourself goals, if you can quit for 1 hour shoot for two. If you can quit for two go for six and on and on.  Reach out to people and share digits but only thru pms though. We need that support structure of other quitters to lean on to get thru each day. If you want my digits let me know in a pm and they are yours. We want you to QUIT and stay QUIT but you have to make that choice yourself. Once you admit your an addict and tell us your ready we are here to help. Read everything you can on this site to help you along also as it will make it easier. Glad your here and proud to be quit with you today.

Offline HR Guy

• Likes Given: 3
Hello
« on: September 05, 2020, 07:50:00 PM »