Author Topic: Be a Promise Keeper of Your Quit  (Read 88218 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
Re: Be a Promise Keeper of Your Quit
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2018, 02:34:14 PM »
Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:52 pm #201

18 years ago yesterday, I had a 2nd chance to live. Son was 9 months old (he's 18 now). Found out I had 95% blockage in my left coronary artery. Had a angiogram, angioplasty and stent placed. Was never a high risk individual, was in very good shape, took care of myself, so the Cardiologist, as he went in to do the angiogram told me that he still never thought he'd find any blockage...but, he did. I found out that day that the severe heartburn I had during childbirth 9 months prior was actually angina. I could have died, easily, then or when I started running again afterward. Longer story with all that, but it's not going to be told here.

So what did I do with that extra time, well mostly I did fairly well, but I wasted some time and health with packing my lip. Why did I start smoking after I got out of high school, smoke for like 6 years, stop smoking lots of years ago, just to start up with nicotine again later on? I'm an addict.

God must have felt I was needed here on this earth for a few more years. I try to give back as much as I can. I am more than imperfect, but I am glad I am here for my son right now, he needs me. I don’t know how to help him, but I know he needs me.

Don't ruin your chances on life. You only have so many. You don't know if this is your last one.

"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~Apple Jack ((<<< that's my brother in quit right there! I've had that in mysignature ever since ))
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2018, 02:31:27 PM »
MY 1 YEAR QUIT!
 Mon Mar 30, 2016 10:43 am #190

Quote from: AshleyLynn
Hey girl... Look at you! One year quit today! That's so fn awesome! You have been my inspiration from the start and you already know how much I love you bitch! Thanks for being by my side through this crazy ride and helping me stay quit. Love you lots... Xoxox... The Whore.
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2018, 02:26:59 PM »
Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:33 pm #165

Quote from: kramer
I know you are a strong group and I know that there is a lot of chatter in your groupme. But it might be time to get some conversation flowing in here to break up the monotony of roll. You Jackals are approaching one year quit. That is such an exciting time. Remember how impossible it seemed when you posted your day 1?

In preparation for one year quit, it would be awesome if each of you shared your greatest moment in quit.

My greatest moment in quit. I don't really have one to speak of really.

The things that make the biggest impact on me here and for my quit is everyone else I've come in contact with through all the days. I owe my quit to all those who've constantly pulled me out of my funks, rages, tears, freak-outs, and built me back up. To all those that have laughed with me, such strong "medicine". To those who protected me and my quit over and over again. You are special people. Thank you.

How strong I was to be, was measured by how much I allowed others to help and how much I was willing to comply to mirroring strong quitters before me. Making connections proved to be the most valuable thing that happened for me.

With tears in my eyes, right now, I am deeply humbled with the efforts others made on my behalf, I'll never be able to pay that back fully.

But there is one thing I can do to show respect to all of them.. Stay Quit. and I plan on it today, and repeat until I take my last breath.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2018, 02:24:37 PM »
ChickDip
Posts   21,034
Quit Date   3/30/2015

Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:17 am #161

'No Man is an Island'
No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

MEDITATION XVII
Devotions upon Emergent Occasions
John Donne

Relationships
Self-disclosure: You have to tell something about yourself to help that person understand you better. Tell them something that is meaningful about who you are and where you came from.
Inquiry: Ask someone a question that will help you understand them better.
Seek advice: You are showing someone a great deal of respect when you ask for their advice.

Since we live in a cooperative and interdependent society, your actions will always affect someone else. The only way for your actions to affect no one but yourself is to live alone on an island.
A human is a social being that cannot exist without his fellows. No one is self-sufficient and everyone relies on another for survival.

Not one being alone is the answer, we are a team, a group, a family, a forum who relies on each other.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »
Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:51 pm #159

Day 306

I just wanted to log in a little thought that I had yesterday. Very substantial in my little addict mind.

I haven't used fake dip for about 2 months now. I didn't really TRY to stop, I think you do what you have to to stay quit and there is no shame in using that substitute. It just happened slowly, partly because the Walmart here is almost always out of SM Wintergreen, but mainly because I was getting over that oral fixation naturally. Sure, I've dipped some fine ground coffee and some brewed herbal tea leaves at stress times, but very seldom.

Yesterday I got offered some Smokey Mountain that a friend's friend gives him peridiocally. A while ago he offered but i was just getting off it and didn't want it around at the time. This time I thought I'd take him up on it, because of a slight moment of weakness at my poker night, not a physical weakness but a definitely mental one. So I decided , might be a good idea to have some with me at certain times, just in case.

So I asked for some SM wintergreen.. I told him, well i really don't use it at all any more, but want it for emergencies.
Then I thought of my poker buddy that may benefit if I gave him a few tins of herbal. So yeah, that'd be great.
Cool then, my friend is sending them to me by mail.

So then I went on a hike with my dog in the woods last night. As I was walking I started thinking about a dip ( of fake). The STRANGEST feeling came over me of "EEWE, that just doesn't sound good, in fact I am not sure if I am going to be able to 'stomach' the smell and flavor of that going into my lip any more".

That thought flashed through my mind, and just totally surprised me! I hadn't thought anything close to that since my quit 305 days ago.

For me,

Huge.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 02:23:14 PM »
MY DAY 300! Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:28 am #146

I'm done with chew wrote:'oh yeah' Congrats on joining the 3rd floor today! Your a good example of what "quit", "KTC", and "brotherhood" are all about. Quit with you today.
worktowin wrote:^^^right on!

Quit today with ChickDip and y'all. Thanks for all that you do around here!
tjschu wrote:Congrats on the 3rd floor Chick!!!! You are a BAQ and such a leader around here!!! Thanks for all you do!!!
ChristopherJ wrote:Congrats on 300 ChickDip! Keep on tending the flock one day at a time, but take tome to celebrate the big milestones like this one!
D2maine wrote:way to go chick!
Nomore1959 wrote:Congrats on 3rd floor!
B-loMatt wrote:Nice job Bad Ass! 3rd floor is when it starts getting WAY better... Keep doing what got you this far :)
rdad wrote:Way to be ChickDip! You have totally embraced this site and your quit. Your support here is greatly appreciated and does not go unnoticed. Congrats! Enjoy the milestones. It's what we do. We Count.
Stranger999 wrote:Congratulations on reaching the 3rd floor ChickDip! I'm proud to quit with you each and every day. Thanks for setting an example for the rest of us to follow!
Mitch Betz wrote:Congrats on making 3rd floor Chick, I quit with you today. Stay Quit
trigerhapy wrote:Congrats on 3rd floor! BAQ rite there!
Raider wrote:Congrats on the big 3-0-0 Chick.
wastepanel wrote: Third floor's a wonderful accomplishment. Keep it up. You're doing great.
Ginet wrote: Congrats on 300 days, all in a row girl! Very proud of you!
Cope30 wrote:Welcome to the brotherhood! It is going to be a long crazy ride but all of us in the BROTHERHOOD are behind you 100%.
Make that promise to not pick that can up ever again, you will want to, but don't give in to the Nic Bitch. She will whisper sweet nothings in your ear to get you to re-commit to her, I now she is sexy to look, she is a 10 right now, but like the saying goes, I went to bed at 2 with a 10 and woke up at 10 with a 2. That's what she will look like after some time a 2, then she will just disgust you to look at her. Hang in there we are all here for you! 'bang head'
Dweirick wrote: Congratulations Chick!
DrewDrew wrote: Congrats on 300!
Pab wrote: Congratulations on that new penthouse view Chick!
Pinched wrote: Congratulations on crushing yet another milestone, you are one bad ass chick!
Supplehands wrote: Congrats CD! Thanks for all you've done for me since I've gotten here. Keep crushing it.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 02:10:58 PM »
Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:22 pm #135

Those who don't want to be found cannot be.

Those who do, aren't always found.

I worry more for the ones who don't want to be found.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 02:09:54 PM »
Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:06 pm #130

While you are here, you will find out a lot about yourself, others, and life in general.
Some things you will wish had never come to light, some you already knew but kept it in your subconscious for your own sanity reasons. Well, here they are, feelings you have to deal with, without using a veil of nicotine to mask it all. You’ll learn to deal with everything with a clean and clear mind. It’s really difficult, but you’ll succeed, eventually, as long as you want it bad enough. There is NO excuse or reason good enough to go back to using. I wish for ALL of you to be successful. Stay quit, it’s worth it. Good luck, God Bless.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 02:08:50 PM »
Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:31 am #120

Happy Birthday KTC!

Thanks for saving me from being a slave and not dealing with things out in the open. It's not easy dealing with certain issues still, but at least I am not masking it behind a drug.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2018, 02:08:05 PM »
Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:39 am #119

When I came into this site, I had no idea there was "more to it than met the eye". Well i began to find out. I found out I was not who I thought I was. Well, I was, but I had no idea I could deal with things without a drug tuggin at me. So I figured it out, with the help of others I respected and humbled my self to. This site was about lifting someone up...yes, sometimes it was about puttin a boot up their butt to wake them up, I'm all about that, but it was more.... you have to have the art of sticking a boot up someone's butt but also letting them know that you really do care, in fact you love them. I am glad I have mastered that art. I hope others can get that soon.
Love you all, you've saved my life. I will forever be grateful.

LBP. CAB

Quote from: KingNothing
You're awesome Chick, I really mean it!
Quote from: Pinched
She does brighten up the place. Glad you are here Chick
Between your boots and GiNet's stilettos I am unsure if I am entertained, excited or scared...

You are a badass quitter and one hell of a woman and I too am glad you are here daily. Some people get it others need to be enlightened and some well there just dumbshit addicts that don't know they are addicts.
Quote from: canless2014
Best thing I've read all day and thank you for posting, ChickDip. Not only this, but your posts all around the site. You're a BAQ and I'll quit with you any day.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2018, 02:01:02 PM »
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:18 pm #88

Quote from: Dea
Congrats on the 100!! I am proud of you woman!! You really have been a force to reckon with... whenever I venture out and post around, which I don't get the chance very often, I see your posts! Thanks for being another reminder that this can be done, and that as women, we are bad ass ;-) WHOO WHOO!! :D

D

Thanks Dea! Quit hard...Quit like a girl!!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2018, 02:00:17 PM »
This is Classic!! hahaha Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:15 am #87

Quote from: Smeds
Sometimes I'm left a little speechless at the site of a true bad-ass, so I'll just use this:
'clap'
Congrats on reaching your first piss stop of many on the road trip to quit!!
Quote from: Chick
Thank you much Smeds.
Quote from: Thumblewort
I met Smeds at a piss stop once, at least that's what the voice on the other side of the stall said. Glory to all!
Quote from: Pab
roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
Quote from: Smeds
Thumble ... you are sick, and obviously mad that you couldn't get past the stall thickness. And that wasn't me, it was BigNasty acting like me. He figured if he told you it was him you would finish early (again). 'na na'
Quote from: Chick
Nothingi like better than a pissing contest among menss. ..and in my intro thread no less. Hold up.....I'll. get the tape measure out,,,hehe
Quote from: Thumblewort
INB48medssez "Better get a yardstick"

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »
Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:01 pm #78

Quote from: user29029
Congratulations on 100. I met you yesterday, my first day on this site. I'm at day 5, trying to achieve what you have today. Stay quit this time.
Quote from: worktowin
^^^ can't think of a much better post than this one, but congrats to you today! As good as you feel right now, much more greatness is ahead much.

Celebrate today!

Thx both of you. I stopped way more that 3 times in my life...but only once on this site. I don't want my head shaved and that's what the Maine guys are gonna do if i cave. That is not an option. Its not even a thought or a question. Im solid, but not complacent. I have way to many to let down, Will never do that. I am humbled again.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2018, 01:53:23 PM »
ue Jul 07, 2015 6:14 am #66

Rawls wrote:
Quote from: Rawls
So proud of you and Yall!
Those kids are proud of mom....and so are WE!

I quit with you today!
Rawls 232

Quote from: Steakbomb
I haven't posted much on your thread, but rather have sat back, watched, and admired the castle of quit you have built. You're already on your way to becoming one of the legendary female quitters on this site and a badass quitter I will follow any day. Congratulations Chick Dip...you deserve this day.

Newbies take note of the enormity of ChickDip's quit and how deeply she is respected. The hypocrisy of her word should she fail would be earth shattering; and therefor failure is not an option. This is how you build a quit.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 01:51:03 PM »
Ginet wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:08 am #71

Congrats Chickdip on a bad ass quit for 100 days, all in a row! I have been watching your quit and you are a leader. Continue to reach out to those that need it, offer advice, get tough if you need to be. You are helping them save their lives after all - no one ever said it was an easy thing! You will make your quit stronger as you do this. Your journey is not over. You have a lot of fight still left in you. Celebrate today because you have made it to your first milestone. You won't believe how much better it keeps getting! I am proud of you today! Quitting like a girl is damn sexy!!!