Author Topic: Day 1 - Introduction  (Read 2020 times)

Offline dbh68stang

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Day 1 - Introduction
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 02:54:16 PM »
Howdy Texag! I always have to chime in when I see a fellow Aggie on here. I sent you a PM with my digits. Glad you're here.

Offline Evillen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 04/13/2018
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 02:07:09 PM »
Hey Texag, welcome aboard the KTC method. I think everyone here can relate to the "half-ass attempts" I know I can. Since joining KTC, it is the first time that I have actually ever thought I would successfully quit. As RDB said, the secret of our success is to make that daily promise. In addition to that, stay active, reach out to others, share your digits, get other peoples digits, use your group for support, use the veterans as support, use whatever you need to fight the urge to put a dip in. Most importantly you are quitting one day at a time! No need to thin about tomorrow, the next week, or the next month, think about the present and the daily promise you make each day. Happy to help in any way I can! PM me if you need anything!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 01:46:12 PM »
Welcome. You nailed it on roll.

Posting roll is the secret of our success here. Make sure to post early every day - weekends, holidays, sick days, birthdays.

Stay active to keep your mind off the stuff. Read everything you can both here and at the main KTC site.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline texag09

• Quit Date: 09/19/2019
  • Likes Given: 0
Day 1 - Introduction
« on: September 19, 2018, 01:14:50 PM »
Driving to work this morning I made the choice to quit. After 5 years of unsuccessful (and frankly half-ass) attempts today I have a plan, and as of my introduction here a support/accountability group.

My Story:

31 years started dipping at 15ish in highschool. As of age 20 - now 1-2 cans a day.

Please excuse me while I try to figure out this site, I need to try to find my quit group (I am guessing December 2018?) and I need to figure out how to start doing my role calls. I know it is only day one but I already feel like I should say a big thank you to the site and the people here. From what I have read so far it seems like a big key to what I will missing before in my plans, so Thanks.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:22:27 PM by texag09 »