Author Topic: Day 1 Intro  (Read 2379 times)

Offline ExNuke

• Quitter
  • By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Day 1 Intro
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 06:00:05 PM »
Hi Crazy, welcome to KTC a dedicated group of bad ass quitters. I am happy you've made the decision to quit. A couple of pieces of advice, start by exploring the intro posts, just getting as feel for the site, next go post roll in your quit group. Yours would be the December group which will be linked:  http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=52.0. Don't worry to much about the weight gain right now, you should really focus on quitting one day at a time, you will likely gain some, but with monitoring can keep it minimal. Even if you do put on some, you can always lose it! I assume you've thrown out all of your dip cans? Glad to see you've got some alternatives! You're going to have a couple of rough days ahead of you, fog and all the initial side effects of nicotine leaving your system, but if you follow the KTC method, wake up and post your daily promise, you will succeed. I would also encourage you to get involved as best you can. Getting others digits, giving people your digits, its a little weird at first, but you quickly get over it. When you're having a hard time, the more digits you have, the more people you can reach out to, to redirect your addict mind and get over a craving or a spit of anxiety or w/e it may be that is affecting you. Remember that when you make your promise it is for today, don't worry about tomorrow, a week from now, a year from now etc, worry about today and then tomorrow make that same promise again. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to me. I would be happy to talk with you about anything! 8) 8) welcome aboard and you've made probably one of the best decisions you could ever make in your life. We are here to help!

Evillen

JK you already found your quit group, and didn't even mess up roll! Thats a damn accomplishment, I have a feeling you're going to be a winner!  ;) ;)
I do have to say, posting in the new forum is quite a bit simpler than the old one!

This site is a great lifeline (if you use the tools provided), great first step in joining CVG!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:03:21 PM by ExNuke »
- ExNuke (aka TJ Highwood)
Proud Member of Apr18: Kings & Queen of Quit
Quit Date: January 18th, 2018
HOF: April 27th, 2018 | HOF Speech
Floor: 10

Offline Kickin-wing

• Quitter
  • Hi
  • Quit Date: 07/11/2018
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 05:17:10 PM »
Welcome CVG, one day at a time with you brother.  My oral fixation vehicle of choice has been sunflower seeds.  It can be a lot of salt but a lot less calories then full on eating peanuts or whatever else.  As my quit has gone on I've been using them less and less, but it's what I used to try and keep the weight gain low during my quit.  As others will tell you, if you can muster the willpower to stay quit from nic, mustering the willpower to go on a diet won't be too bad.  Reach out if you need anything!

KW
You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.  -wastepanel

Introduction

Offline Evillen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 04/13/2018
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »
Hi Crazy, welcome to KTC a dedicated group of bad ass quitters. I am happy you've made the decision to quit. A couple of pieces of advice, start by exploring the intro posts, just getting as feel for the site, next go post roll in your quit group. Yours would be the December group which will be linked:  http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=52.0. Don't worry to much about the weight gain right now, you should really focus on quitting one day at a time, you will likely gain some, but with monitoring can keep it minimal. Even if you do put on some, you can always lose it! I assume you've thrown out all of your dip cans? Glad to see you've got some alternatives! You're going to have a couple of rough days ahead of you, fog and all the initial side effects of nicotine leaving your system, but if you follow the KTC method, wake up and post your daily promise, you will succeed. I would also encourage you to get involved as best you can. Getting others digits, giving people your digits, its a little weird at first, but you quickly get over it. When you're having a hard time, the more digits you have, the more people you can reach out to, to redirect your addict mind and get over a craving or a spit of anxiety or w/e it may be that is affecting you. Remember that when you make your promise it is for today, don't worry about tomorrow, a week from now, a year from now etc, worry about today and then tomorrow make that same promise again. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to me. I would be happy to talk with you about anything! 8) 8) welcome aboard and you've made probably one of the best decisions you could ever make in your life. We are here to help!

Evillen

JK you already found your quit group, and didn't even mess up roll! Thats a damn accomplishment, I have a feeling you're going to be a winner!  ;) ;)

Offline Evillen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 04/13/2018
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 03:24:13 PM »

Evillen

Offline CrazyVetteGuy

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 09/19/2018
  • Likes Given: 16
Day 1 Intro
« on: September 19, 2018, 02:59:18 PM »
After dipping for 18 years I had my last dip this morning. It feels good to be a quitter. My biggest worry is gaining weight as I've lost 90 pounds in the past 3 years and want to keep it off.  I've stocked up on nuts and jerky to help and just got my Smokey Mountain herbal snuff in the mail (perfect timing).

I quit 7 years ago for a few months and didn't stay quit. I'm here now and have the support of my family, friends, and coworkers.

I'm heading for my yearly physical with the GP this afternoon and will discuss with them what I'm doing.

-CvG
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 03:01:29 PM by CrazyVetteGuy »
Quit Date: 09/19/2018

If You're Going Through Hell, Keep Going - Winston Churchill