Author Topic: 45 days into my quit  (Read 725 times)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 45 days into my quit
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »
Quote from: JoshW
Hello everyone I was just wondering if anyone else had issues with wanting to cave at the 45-50 day mark. I am staying strong by the mind games are driving me crazy.
This seems like mighty strong lingo for a 1-post quitter that just joined the site yesterday. I'll still bite....

"Wanting to cave" is not the way to look at this. None of us WANT to cave. At least I hope not, anyway. We want to quit, or we wouldn't be here. Our addictions force and trick us into caving.

But, yes... Mike is right. Those funks are common.

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Timpy
Hello everyone I was just wondering if anyone else had issues with wanting to cave at the 45-50 day mark. I am staying strong by the mind games are driving me crazy.
I am in the exact same funk as you. I guess that it is common to get this around day 50. I am on 51 and I have been having a series of small craves for the last few days. Just make sure that you post up as usual and keep yourself locked down. I still feel it so be prepared for a week of it. I think this is the bitch's last hoorah for awhile
There are several "funks" (I hate that term). Around 80 days, 120 days, and 220 days (with 220 being my worst) for me.
BTW, I never wanted to cave, I wanted a dip but never wanted to cave. Do you understand the difference? Caving is shitting on your quit brothers and this site, who wants to do that?

edit. I see this is your first post. You need to get involved with this site and learn our way of quitting. It is 100% effective is used properly.

Offline Timpy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-22
  • Interests: I love hunting, reading, hockey and spending time with my wife and kids. I'm a pediatric ER nurse at Children's hospital and I have 3 kids under 4 so life is busy.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
I am in the exact same funk as you. I guess that it is common to get this around day 50. I am on 51 and I have been having a series of small craves for the last few days. Just make sure that you post up as usual and keep yourself locked down. I still feel it so be prepared for a week of it. I think this is the bitch's last hoorah for awhile
Hail to the King Baby

Quit Date: 11/22/11
HOF: 2-29-12

Offline JoshW

45 days into my quit
« on: January 11, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »