Author Topic: About Time  (Read 781 times)

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: About Time
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
100% poster for 100 days. I'll raise my glass to that!!!! Todd, you freaking rock brother! Proud to reach HOF the same month as you.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline smithat05

• Quitter
  • Interests: ExerciseTriathlonsCyclingRunning
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
Ran 3 miles w/ one of my dogs this morning, then walked the other one, Went to church where I love to sing. I am actually a really good singer which I found funny that I have been compromising my throat all these years.
Heading to a Family Reunion then a Picnic, kinda through the church.

I am staying quit today.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Nice job posting roll this morning. Looks like you are on track  you report things are going well. This quit thing aint ez, so stay vigilant here. Just like life you will see ups and downs. Make sure you have your quit tools at the ready to help you when the craves hit hard. Because they will. Quit with you today!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline smithat05

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »
Thanks Evil, I read your HOF speech, I liked it. I am going to try and be in chat as much as I can. I work a lot of hours though,

Thanks for the feedback!!

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
Nice job posting roll and it was nice talking to you in Live Chat. Lots of quitters here drive a lot for work and still have find a way to fight through it every day. There is no reason why you can't either. We can support you, but you need to do the heavy lifting.

Oh, I recommend using your KTC name in Live Chat so that people will make the connection here.

Holler if I can help with anything.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Smithat05
As I sit typing this, I think of all the time I have spent chewing, Hiding my chewing,  all the money I have spent.  What a wonderful world of addiction this is,  I am going to get over this addiction though.  I am on day 3 of recovery of the rest of my life,  I am quit today and I will stay quit tommorrow.  I am going to need lots of encouraging words from my friends on KTC,  I got on the chat this morning around 2am and talked to a few people and it really calmed me down,

My name is Todd,  I live in Cleveland, but am from southeastern Ohio.  I moved to the cleveland area for work where I am a Salesman.  I drive a big truck around all day so it is very easy for me to stop at any ole gas station for more nicotine,  But I am Quit! 

My wife and I have been married for 4 years now,  we have a wonderful 11 month old son,  Who gives me high fives because I Quit!!

I am a Triathlete,  I highly enjoy running, cycling, and swimming.  I have done 3 Triathlons now and a lot of running races.    I was in the Boy Scouts as a young adult and vowed not to take drugs.  Even though a campout was the first place I had tried Weed.  On numerous occasions I would dip all around our leaders.  But I am Quit now!

I am only 3 days in but I have not lost hope on the rest of my life,  I will stay clean, I will stay honest and I will not use nicotine.
Welcome to freedom brother. Smell it, taste it and feel it.

You stated in your intro. " I am only 3 days in but I have not lost hope on the rest of my life ".

Taking your life back is up to you brother. It's hard for you to see that. Take HOPE off the table! You ARE QUIT and that how it's going to be. It's up to you if you ever put the poison in your mouth again.

Go to the top left, welcome center. Read on posting roll. Learn how and why,, paying particular attention to why.

Read all the information you can on your enemy. This is half the battle. You can do this. Take it one day at a time. Reach out when you need support. There is so much support here you won't believe it. In your group make friends, exchange numbers and get as much accountability you can stand. I'm quit with you. Need another number pm me.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Smithat05
As I sit typing this, I think of all the time I have spent chewing, Hiding my chewing, all the money I have spent. What a wonderful world of addiction this is, I am going to get over this addiction though. I am on day 3 of recovery of the rest of my life, I am quit today and I will stay quit tommorrow. I am going to need lots of encouraging words from my friends on KTC, I got on the chat this morning around 2am and talked to a few people and it really calmed me down,

My name is Todd, I live in Cleveland, but am from southeastern Ohio. I moved to the cleveland area for work where I am a Salesman. I drive a big truck around all day so it is very easy for me to stop at any ole gas station for more nicotine, But I am Quit!

My wife and I have been married for 4 years now, we have a wonderful 11 month old son, Who gives me high fives because I Quit!!

I am a Triathlete, I highly enjoy running, cycling, and swimming. I have done 3 Triathlons now and a lot of running races. I was in the Boy Scouts as a young adult and vowed not to take drugs. Even though a campout was the first place I had tried Weed. On numerous occasions I would dip all around our leaders. But I am Quit now!

I am only 3 days in but I have not lost hope on the rest of my life, I will stay clean, I will stay honest and I will not use nicotine.
hey Todd,...kewl name

Welcome to KTC! This is the best decision of your life. Day 3 I will not lie its a bitch. Well at the top of the screen there is a welcome center click it and read read read.

The most important person to quit for is YOU! if YOU quit for that person your quit will be much stronger. The others wife baby all motivators but the problem with motivation is that it is short lived and read in your intro you want this for life long...so the only constant in that scenario is YOU.

Another thing around here we don't hope we do...we do everyday we post roll give our word that we will not use for that day. wake up repeat.

PM me if you need anything
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline smithat05

• Quitter
About Time
« on: July 27, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
As I sit typing this, I think of all the time I have spent chewing, Hiding my chewing, all the money I have spent. What a wonderful world of addiction this is, I am going to get over this addiction though. I am on day 3 of recovery of the rest of my life, I am quit today and I will stay quit tommorrow. I am going to need lots of encouraging words from my friends on KTC, I got on the chat this morning around 2am and talked to a few people and it really calmed me down,

My name is Todd, I live in Cleveland, but am from southeastern Ohio. I moved to the cleveland area for work where I am a Salesman. I drive a big truck around all day so it is very easy for me to stop at any ole gas station for more nicotine, But I am Quit!

My wife and I have been married for 4 years now, we have a wonderful 11 month old son, Who gives me high fives because I Quit!!

I am a Triathlete, I highly enjoy running, cycling, and swimming. I have done 3 Triathlons now and a lot of running races. I was in the Boy Scouts as a young adult and vowed not to take drugs. Even though a campout was the first place I had tried Weed. On numerous occasions I would dip all around our leaders. But I am Quit now!

I am only 3 days in but I have not lost hope on the rest of my life, I will stay clean, I will stay honest and I will not use nicotine.