Author Topic: 15 years  (Read 770 times)

Offline Mahler02

• Quit Date: 2017-12-03
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 15 years
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 11:32:00 PM »
Just let stress and nicotine convince me it wasn't a good time to quit. We'll its never going to be a good time to quit.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 09:26:00 PM »
poof! Answer the questions
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »
Let's just set this straight -- you WERE in the November 2017 group (That by the way are now HOF). So they have you as MIQ but according to what you wrote you CAVED.

You need to post the answers to the questions for your ORIGINAL group as to why you broke your promise to yourself and them when you caved. I do not care how long you have been doing dip I just care how long you have been nicotine free -- that is what we celebrate here.

It is not luck and there is no such thing as prior quits -- THIS is an ADDICTION and YOU are an ADDICT. In this group we QUIT ONCE!

SO now post the answers to the questions -- POST ROLL with the March group -- and focus on ODAAT! That is how this group works -- we grind it out every day -- we post roll everyday and we reach out to our brothers and sisters when we are weak and NOT nicotine.

Offline Mahler02

• Quit Date: 2017-12-03
  • Likes Given: 0
15 years
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:04:00 PM »
First off i would like to introduce myself as 15. I didn't really take into account how long I have been dipping until today in a chat room. "How long have you dipped?" It just sank in my gut that I started at the age of 19, and I recently turned 34. It was eye opening to say the least. I have quit in the past, and made it to about 6 months before caving after drinking. I keep trying to quit here and there, making 3, 4,5 10 days. I really don't want to get to the point that I reconcile with myself that Nicotine won. Am I ever going to beat this? It feels like a losing war, the withdrawal symptoms this time after 3 days nicotine free have been the worst. Insomnia has been a killer, with the lack of sleep it has allowed me to think in the middle of the night. The "fog" tells me there will never be a time in my life without a can.

I am just trying to survive one day at a time, it just seems like they get harder instead of easier lately. Good luck HOF March 2018. I am trying to hang in there.