Author Topic: IM READY  (Read 813 times)

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: IM READY
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
I guess he wasn't ready after all. _

And for the record, this is Ready. And that is how you Quit.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 03:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Steve,

You sound just like me but you have 1 year of age on me.

Quitting is really simple.

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

You are in for one nasty fight but you have the tools here to make it.

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.
Hey man, you've got all the support you could ever want. Stop trying to squeeze and scrape the last of the wax from the bottom of the can. We have a lot of folks here that have dipped 30+ years and know how to quit. Just do it now. Your next dip may very well be your last!
You dipped your foot in the pool? What happened? Is the water too cold for ya? It's cold and takes guts but jump in and do this!

Just quit humping that can!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Steve,

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.
Hey man, you've got all the support you could ever want. Stop trying to squeeze and scrape the last of the wax from the bottom of the can. We have a lot of folks here that have dipped 30+ years and know how to quit. Just do it now. Your next dip may very well be your last!

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
Steve,

I quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
Quote from: STEVEC
HELLO MY NEW FRIENDS. I AM 50 YEARS OLD, I WATCH WHAT I EAT, NO FRIED FOODS, NO FAST FOODS, BREAD OR SODAS, I WORK OUT 6 DAYS A WEEK. AND I HAVE DIPPED SINCE I WAS 17. IT IS TIME I STOPPED THIS. I AM GOING TO NEED ALOT OF HELP, BUT I KNOW I CAN DO THIS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY. SO PRAYER WARRIORS STEP UP AND HELP ME GET THRIUGH THIS.
THANKS
STEVE
Welcome to the site, Steve! You didn't say if you were quit yet - are you quit? Dump all your cans into the toilet, flush, and be free my friend!

Once you are quit, come back and let us know. Make sure to drink large amounts of water to flush the poison out of your system quicker. Have some sunflower seeds, hard candy, gum, and fake chew on hand to get you thru the oral fixation part of the addiction. Exercise helps the anxiety as well. Other than that, there are no short cuts - you just have to go thru "the suck". But look around this site, and you'll see it can be done. And I promise you its worth it on the other side.

Look for the pinkish "WELCOME CENTER" link near the top left of this page, and click on it and read it. It explains how and why you need to post roll here every day.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Rick
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
41st floor: 3/28/2024

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Mthomas3824
HELLO MY NEW FRIENDS. I AM 50 YEARS OLD, I WATCH WHAT I EAT, NO FRIED FOODS, NO FAST FOODS, BREAD OR SODAS, I WORK OUT 6 DAYS A WEEK. AND I HAVE DIPPED SINCE I WAS 17. IT IS TIME I STOPPED THIS. I AM GOING TO NEED ALOT OF HELP, BUT I KNOW I CAN DO THIS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY. SO PRAYER WARRIORS STEP UP AND HELP ME GET THRIUGH THIS.
THANKS
STEVE
Steve, Have you found your group and posted roll? How much have you read?

You can do this but freedom from vice isn't easy.

Step 1 are you and addict and do you need help?

Step 2 find your group and post roll.

Step 3 keep your promise to stay quit today

Step 4 read as much as you can and reach out to establish a support group.

Step 5 sleep

Step 6 if you wake and have another day to live...repeat and make posting roll as important as showering and brushing your teeth.

Welcome. Never too late to quit!!!!

Nicotine can kiss my ass. I hate UST and everyone that supports it!!!!!!!!
I have to agree 100% with MT and I see you still haven't posted roll. One thing that I'll comment on that MT said in his step 6 "if you wake up" that's bullshit 50 isn't that damn old in fact he isn't that far from it.

Now get your ass over to the February 2014 preHOF group and post roll!
I don't think one ever gets through this. When I feel comfortable enough to kick my feet up and declare my addiction defeated, I'll probably celebrate with a cigar.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 08:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
THANKS
STEVE

Step 5 sleep

Step 6 if you wake and have another day to live...repeat and make posting roll as important as showering and brushing your teeth.

I have to agree 100% with MT and I see you still haven't posted roll. One thing that I'll comment on that MT said in his step 6 "if you wake up" that's bullshit 50 isn't that damn old in fact he isn't that far from it.

Now get your ass over to the February 2014 preHOF group and post roll!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »
THANKS
STEVE

Step 5 sleep

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline STEVEC

IM READY
« on: November 04, 2013, 05:31:00 PM »
THANKS
STEVE