Author Topic: 10 days  (Read 733 times)

Offline Weedsta

• Quit Pro
  • Just wanna do a lil Hippy Slappin!
  • Quit Date: 9 Jan 17
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: 10 days
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 09:53:00 PM »
congrats on your decision to quit...stick with your brothers/sisters in your group and reach out and get some digits...you can pm me for mine...build your quit support web...nic is tricky and can strike anytime...be prepared and post your promise in roll EDD...you can do this...quit on!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 05:25:00 PM »
Quote from: JVV
Pky1520 it's not easy I simply made up my mind I wanted to quite. I used baccoff and smokey mountain.
Making up your mind is the first great step. Smokey Mountain and Baccoff are great tools.

What you need now, to really make this stick, is a plan. You need a plan for when you're out of SM and feeling down. You need a plan for when you're 35 days into your quit and start to feel like maybe you can get away with "just one." You need a plan for when the adrenaline of the early quit wears off and now you're dealing with some lingering depression.

For me and many many others, the plan has been to make a promise to the folks on this site every single day. Make that promise to your group before anything that might throw you off, even has the chance to come up.

That way, no matter what happens or how you might be feeling, you already gave your word that you wouldn't cave. The other big benefit of that is that you'll have a whole community of people willing to support you / drag your ass through it, as the situation requires.

Offline JVV

• Quit Date: 2017-03-20
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »
Pky1520 it's not easy I simply made up my mind I wanted to quite. I used baccoff and smokey mountain.

Offline sooverit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 10:55:00 AM »
Welcome! Nice work on your quit so far! You've made it thru some of the toughest days without any support and that's badass! Pab's right though (it's kinda his thing :D ), the battle is in no way over, and you need to start posting roll every damn day (EDD), first thing in the morning. Your group is here: June's quit group. You'll find directions at the top of each roll post. Don't worry so much about f'ing it up at first, we've all been there. You'll learn as you go. Get in there every morning, post your promise, and make some friends. Swap your digits with the rest of the group (yes, it's weird at first, but you'll be super glad you did later). The more active you are on this site, and with the other members, the more successful your quit will be. Proud to be quit with you!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
Quote from: JVV
Chewed for over 20 years finally quite, it was hard at first but it getting easier.
You make it sound easy - what's your secret? I've been quit almost a year and still struggle occasionally. I guarantee that it isn't all an upward trajectory.

Support and accountability are what works when other things in life don't seem to. Check out your quit group and get on roll!

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 01:02:00 PM »
Congrats JVV. 10 Days of Quit is great start to a nic free future. Welcome to KTC. The cornerstone of this site is posting roll everyday. It's your promise at the beginning of the day that you will Quit for the day. We Quit one day at a time here. It's free of charge. The only price of admission is your name on that roll. Jump on over to the month of June Pre-HOF June 2017 group and post your number of day's Quit next to your name. It's that easy.

Again, welcome to KTC
Proud to Quit with you today!
Mike
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline JVV

• Quit Date: 2017-03-20
  • Likes Given: 0
10 days
« on: March 30, 2017, 12:39:00 PM »
Chewed for over 20 years finally quite, it was hard at first but it getting easier.