Author Topic: Day 0.8  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
Re: Day 0.8
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 11:35:41 PM »
SamPNW welcome brother. My name is Keith Shannon and proud to quit with you. My digits are XXXYYYZZZZ. Feel free to reach out anytime. I’m new to the quit so I will need you as well. Together we can quit this BITCH.

Keith - great job reaching out, but please share your number with others via PM instead of on the board.

You can send a PM by clicking on a user's name next to one of their posts, then selecting "Send a PM" (or "Send personal message" from under "Actions") on their profile page.
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2030
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 09:32:07 PM »
SamPNW welcome brother. My name is Keith Shannon and proud to quit with you. My digits are XXXYYYZZZZ. Feel free to reach out anytime. I’m new to the quit so I will need you as well. Together we can quit this BITCH.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:32:09 PM by Samrs »
Jan19

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 163
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 12:13:48 PM »
As this day is coming to an end, I have decided to introduce myself and share my story.

My name is Sam. I'm 29 years old and currently living in Oregon. I have been dipping for around 11 years, and smoking for about the same. I kicked the smoking about 4 months ago, but couldnt let go of the dip, and that's why I'm here.

I had no intentions of quitting dip, until about 4 months ago when I ended up in the hospital for having a seizure from a high fever, produced by pneumonia. I dipped throughout the entire sickness regardless of how I was feeling, or how high my temperature was (Addiction is great). But something changed. After my seizure, my body was rejecting nicotine. I went from dipping almost 2 cans a day, to barely half of one. Each dip I put in now makes me super sick. Kind of like a super amplified version of how we all felt our first time dipping, but every single time I put one in. It makes no sense to me but I'm sure it's going to help me quit. So I wont complain. But as we all know, regardless how horrible we feel after feeding our addiction, we head right back to it and continue. And that's why I'm here. I cant take it anymore. I'm DONE. Send help

Everyone has their story, and if you are reading this,  I'd love to hear your story of why you are quitting also!

I wish nothing but success to all of you reading this. Together we can win.  'bandog'

Right on, Sam you will never regret quitting.  I can tell you how fucking awesome and badass it is to be quit, but you'll have to discover that for yourself.  The best help you're going to recieve here is the help you are going to give yourself. 

To help yourself:

- WUPP
 - Collect Digits
 - PLAN your quit - how are going to handle triggers?  What are they? What will you do differently?
 - Be proactive in your quit. 
 - Post you wins and successes on the forums.  Your quit group will want to know that, plus it reinforces their
    quit.
 - Help others quit.
 - Be Badass.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 01:19:13 PM by BluManChew »

Offline Jamesp

• Bad Ass
  • BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 9/24/18
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 11:59:39 AM »
Sam, sounds like you've been down a tough road. Making sure you are quit is a great way to start making positive changes in your life. Your intro says "send help". I'm not sure what your are looking for, but you came to this site for a purpose. You came here to quit. You came here you rid yourself of this poison. The best way to insure you stay quit is to log on every day and post roll in the group. The earlier, the better! You posted for the first day then you didn't post again the following day. Here it is the third day and you are MIA.

If you are asking for help, here it is. This site will help you. log on, post roll, exchange numbers with fellow quitters, read everything you can on this site, drink the kool aid, get involved, suffer through the first few days. It's a proven system. People have been successfully quitting here for over a decade.

We're eager to help you but you need to help yourself.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
-Deep thoughts by Jack Handey

Offline Capital70

• Quitter
  • ODDAAT And Lovin It!
  • Quit Date: May 27, 2018
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 08:36:46 AM »
You have my number for when things get hard!  You are off to a great start!  Help others! 

WUPP!  You need to wake up, piss, and post everyday.  It's 10:30am EST and you haven't posted your daily promise!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:24:43 AM by Capital70 »
Capital70
Quit Date May 27th, 2018
HOF September 3rd, 2018
Intro/Quit Journey
HOF Speech- I Get To
"The more I sacrifice, the harder it is to surrender"
"F#*k man, just post roll and keep your promise" -batdad
Quitters I've Met- 69Franx, Wiesman71, McDave, Jeidi1991
Bad asses quit....everyone else stays addicted

Offline SamPNW

• Likes Given: 6
Day 0.8
« on: October 09, 2018, 12:49:14 AM »
As this day is coming to an end, I have decided to introduce myself and share my story.

My name is Sam. I'm 29 years old and currently living in Oregon. I have been dipping for around 11 years, and smoking for about the same. I kicked the smoking about 4 months ago, but couldnt let go of the dip, and that's why I'm here.

I had no intentions of quitting dip, until about 4 months ago when I ended up in the hospital for having a seizure from a high fever, produced by pneumonia. I dipped throughout the entire sickness regardless of how I was feeling, or how high my temperature was (Addiction is great). But something changed. After my seizure, my body was rejecting nicotine. I went from dipping almost 2 cans a day, to barely half of one. Each dip I put in now makes me super sick. Kind of like a super amplified version of how we all felt our first time dipping, but every single time I put one in. It makes no sense to me but I'm sure it's going to help me quit. So I wont complain. But as we all know, regardless how horrible we feel after feeding our addiction, we head right back to it and continue. And that's why I'm here. I cant take it anymore. I'm DONE. Send help

Everyone has their story, and if you are reading this,  I'd love to hear your story of why you are quitting also!

I wish nothing but success to all of you reading this. Together we can win.  'bandog'