Author Topic: Copequits Intro Migration  (Read 7165 times)

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
Re: Day 4
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 08:41:00 PM »
To answer your question... insomnia is extremely common in the beginning of a quit. I couldn't sleep for @%$ for the first week or so. I know guys that struggled with it for even longer. Just know it is perfectly normal and soon enough you will find you will be sleeping better and more soundly than you have in years!

The only way out is through. Keep plodding through this. If you never put nic in your body again, then you will never have to deal with this suck ever again! It gets easier, keep up the good work.

Pm me if you need digits!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Day 4
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 11:49:00 AM »
Welcome. Nice job posting roll.

If you're on day four, you're through the worst of the suck.

Grab digits from other quitters. Mine are just a PM away.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline copequits

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: July 9th, 2018
  • Likes Given: 5604
Day 4
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 11:02:00 AM »
Working on Day 4. I found this site just a couple months ago but wasn't ready. I'm ready this time, I've taken a break many times like the rest of you. Yesterday was tough, but today started ok. Any one else have trouble sleeping? A couple nights ago I tossed and turned all night, then last night woke up for about two hours during the middle of the night. Reading different discussions and posts throughout seems to really help. I had been dipping Cope for 23 years until I gave it up here thanks to all the vets and stories I've been reading. Thanks for the support!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: Copequits Intro Migration
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 01:58:04 PM »
Glad you brought it over Cope, I enjoy reading it.  I put off joining until day 27 or so.  As such I didn't chronicle a lot of the suck, like the sleep deprivation that you documented.  A lot of gold in here. You're helping men you haven't even crossed paths with yet; addicts out there right now getting tired of it and looking around for something, anything, a lifeline to freedom. I hope they cross your path.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline copequits

• Master of Quit
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 03:37:23 PM »
Post from Kid Riot from early in July that made a difference for me

NICOTINE

One of the most toxic of all poisons, nicotine is a fetal teratogen that damages the developing brain. It's nearly twice as deadly as black widow spider venom and at least three times deadlier than diamondback rattlesnake venom. Drop for drop, nicotine is as deadly as strychnine and more deadly than arsenic or cyanide.
 Picture a substance more toxic than rattlesnake or black widow venom being fed to your brain day after day after day. Is it any wonder that a 2004 study using brain MRI imaging found that "smokers had smaller gray matter volumes and lower gray matter densities than nonsmokers?"
 Contrary to findings from studies examining the short-term (acute) effects of nicotine, studies of the long-term (chronic) effects of smoking nicotine report decline and impairment of attention, concentration, and the accuracy of working and verbal memory.
 Visualize nicotine's neuro-toxic effects upon the human brain slowly destroying it, while damaging what remains. Possibly the most frightening of all the risks posed by our addiction is its ability to destroy all memory of why we need to stop.

Offline copequits

• Master of Quit
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 03:32:53 PM »
Croakenhagen Aug 12, 2018
That is some powerful stuff, Cope! Your ability to push through get it done is inspiring, brother. Thanks for sharing this.

Capital70 Aug 12th, 2018
Hell yes share that! Huge win! Way to go boss! Proud to be quitting with such a bad ass!

Offline copequits

• Master of Quit
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 03:28:46 PM »
1:13 PM - Aug 12, 2018 #6

Copequits:
I Had a victory recently that was extremely significant for me, but for whatever reason I kept to myself. I started thinking that for each one of us in this group there is things that we have never done without dip (or cigarettes Tash) so I decided to post it.

In the past I was heavily into team roping and would travel generally around the Southeast going to events or rodeo’s on any given weekend. Back in the 90’s they were giving dip away everywhere I went, Copenhagen and Skoal sponsored just about everything. It was a staple that I started when I got into that sport and never stopped even when I got out of it. My point here is that it was something that I had never been around without dip.

The other day I was asked to rope in a Charity roping for someone that had heart surgery. I was excited to do it leading up until the evening I was headed in that direction. The anxiety of being around 200 people from my past where 75% of them are going to be spitting started to weigh on me. I stopped on the way and picked up some Smokey Mountain which I hadn’t tried up until this point just to be safe. I do text everyday with some people here so I have my support system and was never at a point where I was even considering putting the real crap in my mouth.

I made it through that night not only without feeling like I needed one, but also telling everyone I knew there about KTC and the stories I had read and the group I was involved in. I feel like I’ve shifted to 2nd gear, still aware of the dangers , but really just focused on moving forward and not looking back. Thanks again to KTC and all of October, you keep me headed in the right direction.

Offline copequits

• Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »
 2:04 AM - Jul 23, 2018 #5 
Copequits:
Day 14
 Finally made the 2 week mark. It’s an amazing feeling and yet at the same time feels like no time at all. Sleep still has some ups and downs but at least it has some ups now. Went through a very stressful situation with the family yesterday that would have warranted, no required, putting a dip in the past. It is amazing those small building blocks that truly build the foundation that I’ve read so many others post about on here. It is one more situation that I’ve made it through without putting it in. My October group has been an inspiring force that has kept me in check more than once. The commitment is certainly different than any way I’ve tried to accomplish this in the past, and one of the biggest parts of that is not wanting to let October down. Thank you October, both those in my group and the vets supporting us, I couldn’t have made it this far without you.

Offline copequits

• Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 03:25:59 PM »
 9:35 PM - Jul 16, 2018 #4 
Copequits:
Day 7
 Made it through a week today. Funny thing is it seems tougher today than getting through the first 4 days. This time is different though, the other times I've "paused" I always dreaded what I was doing. This time I'm looking forward to being over it. The past times were like buddies telling me I needed to get a divorce so I could hang out with them. This time I want the divorce because of what she's doing to me. I want to be done with nicotine. I always thought of it as a tobacco problem until I found a tobacco free nicotine dip and thought it was great. I would wake up with a sore throat every day and every time I did one it was like I had to wash my mouth and hands for ten minutes to get rid of it. It was when I came to this site and quit that I learned it wasn't the tobacco, as bad as that was for me, it was the nicotine that was controlling me. I'm done with her today. I'm pondering today whether I want to get fake stuff or just continue not using anything. The cravings were tougher today, but I finally slept last night. Want to keep updating my intro so I don't forget and fall back in the trap!

Offline copequits

• Master of Quit
Copequits Intro Migration
« on: November 13, 2018, 03:24:21 PM »
 11:02 AM - Jul 13, 2018 #1 
Copequits:
Working on Day 4. I found this site just a couple months ago but wasn't ready. I'm ready this time, I've taken a break many times like the rest of you. Yesterday was tough, but today started ok. Any one else have trouble sleeping? A couple nights ago I tossed and turned all night, then last night woke up for about two hours during the middle of the night. Reading different discussions and posts throughout seems to really help. I had been dipping Cope for 23 years until I gave it up here thanks to all the vets and stories I've been reading. Thanks for the support!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RDB 

Posts 4,700
Quit Date  1-22-16 

Quit Ninja

 11:49 AM - Jul 13, 2018 #2 

Welcome. Nice job posting roll.

If you're on day four, you're through the worst of the suck.

Grab digits from other quitters. Mine are just a PM away.

Proud to quit with you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLLipOut 

Posts 18,304
Quit Date  07/22/16 

Quit Jedi

 8:41 PM - Jul 14, 2018 #3 

To answer your question... insomnia is extremely common in the beginning of a quit. I couldn't sleep for @%$& for the first week or so. I know guys that struggled with it for even longer. Just know it is perfectly normal and soon enough you will find you will be sleeping better and more soundly than you have in years!

The only way out is through. Keep plodding through this. If you never put nic in your body again, then you will never have to deal with this suck ever again! It gets easier, keep up the good work.

Pm me if you need digits!