Author Topic: ES intro  (Read 25015 times)

Offline ES

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01-06-2019
  • Likes Given: 140
Re: ES intro
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2019, 02:51:40 PM »
ES, Stopping in to say 1 Congrats, 2 your HOF Speech is badass and 3, Thank you. You were one of the first to PM me when I signed up for this gig. Your support of me and my Mayhem brothers is second to none. We shared a few stories and I appreciate everything you have done for me. I am very happy, proud, and honored of your Battle, your honesty and friendship! Keep kicking ass Brother! I look up to you!

Thanks, Rick. Those are very kind words! I'm glad you've found a home here and became a leader in your quit group so quickly! KTC needs guys like you! I wish I could be more engaged here more often, but the current circumstances of my life are such that I can only do so much or be so much to the KTC community. But, I'm only as quit as I am today, and guys like you help me stay that way, so thank YOU!

Quitting as a team is the only way to roll, and both of you are bad ass examples of team success.  Honored to quit with you today.

What WTW ^^^^^^^^^ said.

I'm damn proud of all you up and coming youngins.

Aw, shucks guys...
My Intro |My HOF Speech | April 2019 The BMF'ers of Quit

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Freedom Day: 1/6/19     HOF: 4/15/19     2nd Floor: 7/24/19     3rd Floor: 11/1/19     1 Year: 1/6/20     4th Floor: 2/9/20     5th Floor: 5/19/20     6th Floor: 8/27/20     7th Floor: 12/5/20     2 Years: 1/6/21     8th Floor: 3/15/21     9th Floor: 6/23/21     10th Floor/Comma Club: 10/1/21     ODAAT Toward:     3 Years: 1/6/22

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2019, 11:26:14 AM »
ES, Stopping in to say 1 Congrats, 2 your HOF Speech is badass and 3, Thank you. You were one of the first to PM me when I signed up for this gig. Your support of me and my Mayhem brothers is second to none. We shared a few stories and I appreciate everything you have done for me. I am very happy, proud, and honored of your Battle, your honesty and friendship! Keep kicking ass Brother! I look up to you!

Thanks, Rick. Those are very kind words! I'm glad you've found a home here and became a leader in your quit group so quickly! KTC needs guys like you! I wish I could be more engaged here more often, but the current circumstances of my life are such that I can only do so much or be so much to the KTC community. But, I'm only as quit as I am today, and guys like you help me stay that way, so thank YOU!

Quitting as a team is the only way to roll, and both of you are bad ass examples of team success.  Honored to quit with you today.

What WTW ^^^^^^^^^ said.

I'm damn proud of all you up and coming youngins.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2019, 09:28:20 AM »

Offline ES

• Quitter
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2019, 08:07:23 AM »

Freedom Day: 1/6/19     HOF: 4/15/19     2nd Floor: 7/24/19     3rd Floor: 11/1/19     1 Year: 1/6/20     4th Floor: 2/9/20     5th Floor: 5/19/20     6th Floor: 8/27/20     7th Floor: 12/5/20     2 Years: 1/6/21     8th Floor: 3/15/21     9th Floor: 6/23/21     10th Floor/Comma Club: 10/1/21     ODAAT Toward:     3 Years: 1/6/22

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2019, 09:27:02 PM »

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2019, 03:33:06 PM »
Congrats Amigo!

Offline ES

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2019, 01:48:49 PM »

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2019, 11:15:43 PM »
Day 81

This thought process was provoked by the July 2019 group trying to get answers out of Bsarno as to the three questions he encountered upon his return as a retread:

What Happened? This question should only ever be answered by a simple, "I ingested nicotine." Or, a variation of that remaining equally as simple, for that is, in fact, "what happened." The next question is for the "why," which every retread I've ever seen so far has failed to answer honestly...

Why did it happen? This question should only ever be answered by a simple, "I chose, in a moment, to ingest nicotine," (with a strong emphasis on the verb, "CHOSE," as caving is, ultimately, a choice). Or, a variation of that remaining equally as simple, for that is, in fact, "why it happened." Your cave is not because you lost a job, a relationship, a loved one, got stressed out, or whatever. Those things may have been issues you were going through but, in the end, every caver CHOSE to cave, as if those factors made it okay to turn to nicotine and turn their back on their word and the quitters here who supported them.

What are you going to do differently? This question is open for personal flourish, but should be an outline of a specific plan of action: what you will do daily, no matter how you feel; what you will do if you are challenged by temptation; what you will do when your first plan fails (contingency); et cetera, et cetera. "I'm gonna post roll" is insufficient, in and of itself. "I'm gonna trade digits" is insufficient, in and of itself. If you're answering these questions, it's because you've caved at least once AND you've returned to KTC, giving the impression that you want to quit. If that is truly the case, you should be willing, if not EXCITED in your new commitment, to make a proactive plan so that you DON'T FAIL YOURSELF AGAIN!

People want to come in here and act like they're treated unfairly when they cave and come back. 90-something % of this whole QUITTING NICOTINE thing is MENTAL and if you do not possess the MENTAL FORTITUDE to take your lashings when you've given up on your word, your promise you made LAST TIME, and you want to re-join the KTC ranks but act like you don' t own the responsibility that these questions force you to fess up (IF YOU ANSWER THEM HONESTLY, not offer up some excuses and bullshit), then what gives you the idea that anyone here owes you a damn thing? These questions are not designed to be the end of the discussion: YOU ARE GOING TO BE LAMBASTED NON-STOP FOR CAVING!!! YOU'RE ANSWERS WILL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH ON PAPER!!! If you're coming back as a retread; 1) answer the damn questions honestly and stop trying to deflect blame to all your "reasons" and "excuses," - unless some fuckin' ninja spy literally shoved your lip full of tobacco as a means of turture, YOU AND ONLY YOU are responsible for caving. 2) admit that you made the choice to cave - you may have had real problems going on, but a tin doesn't magically show up in your hand when life gets hard. 3) suck it up when KTC gives you some shit upon your return - start getting really involved and dedicated to your quit and the giving of shit will turn into giving of support.

I'm posting this in my own intro because I don't want this long of a post to muddy up any quit group's home forum. I am here every day to be held accountable so I never have to answer the questions. I'm here because I'm serious about my quit, and I don't expect I'll ever disrespect the men and women here who want to help other quitters while we all fight together by treating KTC as if I can go back to the tin and then return here for another "try." If you don't need this forum to stay quit, fine - and all the best to you. I don't know how I'll feel in the future, I don't have a crystal ball. But if, heaven forbid, I ever caved and came back to KTC with some lame excuses, lies, or bullshit about how my cave was because of this, that or the other and I don't admit my OWN BLAME, I fully expect someone to put my ass in check.

Damn ES, powerful stuff from my quit date buddy. Makes me contemplate my own situation and reinforces my quit.
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline FINN Yooper

• Quit Date: 2/12/19
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, outdoors activities, art, books, welding
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2019, 09:57:00 AM »
73 Days - 10 Weeks and change

This past weekend was a little extra special as I had Friday off as well. Friday, I went to the local Menard's for a lumber run. Had to build some basement storage shelves for my wife. She wants to get things better organized and, in some cases, disposed of before the baby arrives around Labor Day. So, Friday I purchased what I'd need for the project. Got started with the cut list that day before my gal got home from work and we went out to dinner with a friend.

Saturday, as I celebrated day 70 - 10 weeks, I got to working in earnest. Ended up finishing one 8'long x 2'deep three-shelf storage unit pretty much up to the floor joists above, then kept it going with another 6'x2' unit right next to it. In order to leave room to have access around my furnace and other utilities, I wound up with 14' of storage shelves along my basement wall! I went through roughly 38 8' 2x4s and three 4'x8' sheets of 1/2" OSB, so a pretty simple project, really.

I felt like recording it here because I didn't need nicotine to focus on my task and get things done. I never did NEED it, but I used to choose it every time I was "doing something." What a stupid endeavor... I'd always have to stop, find my spitter that I kept putting down somewhere different every damn time, empty my mouth of sewage, and press on; then rinse and repeat, because I'd have a lipper in for HOURS while I did stuff like this. I want to take my moment to recognize the small victory that I had that day.

And, the next day, after church, I spent a good 2 hours vacuuming the house because my butthole dog has long, black hair that he sheds virtually NON-STOP. Another win: OCD vacuum Olympics without nicotine!

Anyway, just keeping with the program of documenting my quit journey. Soon enough myself and my April BMF'ers of Quit will start boarding the HOF train! When I earn that milestone, I'll specifically thank some folks who've been rocks for me. Until then, know that I appreciate you all!

I was the same way with working on projects and having a dip for hours, and I know the sense of accomplishment you got by not having that dip during this project, congratulations!

Offline ES

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2019, 01:27:31 PM »
Day 81

This thought process was provoked by the July 2019 group trying to get answers out of Bsarno as to the three questions he encountered upon his return as a retread:

What Happened? This question should only ever be answered by a simple, "I ingested nicotine." Or, a variation of that remaining equally as simple, for that is, in fact, "what happened." The next question is for the "why," which every retread I've ever seen so far has failed to answer honestly...

Why did it happen? This question should only ever be answered by a simple, "I chose, in a moment, to ingest nicotine," (with a strong emphasis on the verb, "CHOSE," as caving is, ultimately, a choice). Or, a variation of that remaining equally as simple, for that is, in fact, "why it happened." Your cave is not because you lost a job, a relationship, a loved one, got stressed out, or whatever. Those things may have been issues you were going through but, in the end, every caver CHOSE to cave, as if those factors made it okay to turn to nicotine and turn their back on their word and the quitters here who supported them.

What are you going to do differently? This question is open for personal flourish, but should be an outline of a specific plan of action: what you will do daily, no matter how you feel; what you will do if you are challenged by temptation; what you will do when your first plan fails (contingency); et cetera, et cetera. "I'm gonna post roll" is insufficient, in and of itself. "I'm gonna trade digits" is insufficient, in and of itself. If you're answering these questions, it's because you've caved at least once AND you've returned to KTC, giving the impression that you want to quit. If that is truly the case, you should be willing, if not EXCITED in your new commitment, to make a proactive plan so that you DON'T FAIL YOURSELF AGAIN!

People want to come in here and act like they're treated unfairly when they cave and come back. 90-something % of this whole QUITTING NICOTINE thing is MENTAL and if you do not possess the MENTAL FORTITUDE to take your lashings when you've given up on your word, your promise you made LAST TIME, and you want to re-join the KTC ranks but act like you don' t own the responsibility that these questions force you to fess up (IF YOU ANSWER THEM HONESTLY, not offer up some excuses and bullshit), then what gives you the idea that anyone here owes you a damn thing? These questions are not designed to be the end of the discussion: YOU ARE GOING TO BE LAMBASTED NON-STOP FOR CAVING!!! YOU'RE ANSWERS WILL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH ON PAPER!!! If you're coming back as a retread; 1) answer the damn questions honestly and stop trying to deflect blame to all your "reasons" and "excuses," - unless some fuckin' ninja spy literally shoved your lip full of tobacco as a means of turture, YOU AND ONLY YOU are responsible for caving. 2) admit that you made the choice to cave - you may have had real problems going on, but a tin doesn't magically show up in your hand when life gets hard. 3) suck it up when KTC gives you some shit upon your return - start getting really involved and dedicated to your quit and the giving of shit will turn into giving of support.

I'm posting this in my own intro because I don't want this long of a post to muddy up any quit group's home forum. I am here every day to be held accountable so I never have to answer the questions. I'm here because I'm serious about my quit, and I don't expect I'll ever disrespect the men and women here who want to help other quitters while we all fight together by treating KTC as if I can go back to the tin and then return here for another "try." If you don't need this forum to stay quit, fine - and all the best to you. I don't know how I'll feel in the future, I don't have a crystal ball. But if, heaven forbid, I ever caved and came back to KTC with some lame excuses, lies, or bullshit about how my cave was because of this, that or the other and I don't admit my OWN BLAME, I fully expect someone to put my ass in check.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:36:31 PM by ES »

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2019, 10:29:09 PM »
80 Days of Freedom.

That is all.

You are a rock star!   Thank you for being such an inspiration.   

Offline ES

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2019, 09:34:30 AM »
80 Days of Freedom.

That is all.

Offline ES

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2019, 03:30:20 PM »
73 Days - 10 Weeks and change

This past weekend was a little extra special as I had Friday off as well. Friday, I went to the local Menard's for a lumber run. Had to build some basement storage shelves for my wife. She wants to get things better organized and, in some cases, disposed of before the baby arrives around Labor Day. So, Friday I purchased what I'd need for the project. Got started with the cut list that day before my gal got home from work and we went out to dinner with a friend.

Saturday, as I celebrated day 70 - 10 weeks, I got to working in earnest. Ended up finishing one 8'long x 2'deep three-shelf storage unit pretty much up to the floor joists above, then kept it going with another 6'x2' unit right next to it. In order to leave room to have access around my furnace and other utilities, I wound up with 14' of storage shelves along my basement wall! I went through roughly 38 8' 2x4s and three 4'x8' sheets of 1/2" OSB, so a pretty simple project, really.

I felt like recording it here because I didn't need nicotine to focus on my task and get things done. I never did NEED it, but I used to choose it every time I was "doing something." What a stupid endeavor... I'd always have to stop, find my spitter that I kept putting down somewhere different every damn time, empty my mouth of sewage, and press on; then rinse and repeat, because I'd have a lipper in for HOURS while I did stuff like this. I want to take my moment to recognize the small victory that I had that day.

And, the next day, after church, I spent a good 2 hours vacuuming the house because my butthole dog has long, black hair that he sheds virtually NON-STOP. Another win: OCD vacuum Olympics without nicotine!

Anyway, just keeping with the program of documenting my quit journey. Soon enough myself and my April BMF'ers of Quit will start boarding the HOF train! When I earn that milestone, I'll specifically thank some folks who've been rocks for me. Until then, know that I appreciate you all!

Offline kerbycl9

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/9/2019
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2019, 10:52:38 PM »
Enjoyed reading your intro thread ES.  I've had it up on a tab for a month to read, but haven't gotten a chance to read it all the way through. I hate to hear that about your colleague.  There was an older gentlemen that I worked for in the summers while I was growing up that committed suicide a few weeks ago.  It's hard to comprehend. 

Proud to be quit with you.  Let me know if you ever need anything.
"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do."
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."
Henry Ford

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
"A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week."
George S. Patton

My Intro

Offline mayfly

• Quitter
  • You're either quit or you're not
    • My Intro
  • Quit Date: 08/28/2021
  • Likes Given: 192
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2019, 11:57:05 PM »
Just here to pay respect to my zero earned today. 60 days.

Nic bitch, I've got a short message for you, for today: you can fuck right off, Deceiver. You don't reduce stress, I don't need you when I drive, I don't need you after I eat, I don't deserve your "lovely company" because I have a stressful career, because all you do is FUCK THINGS UP EVEN MORE!

Sincerely,
ES

Ain't that the truth ES.  Nic only fucks everything up more.  One problem + nic= two problems.  Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for being a part of my quit.  You are funny as hell and proud to walk the same path as you my friend.  Oh, and April is indeed kicking serious ass, proud to be a FUGGIN MENACE OF QUIT!!!
Half-assed effort only gives half-assed results

Cravings are like March madness...survive and advance-Bgbdbrd

There are two types of quitters on KTC. Those who post every damn day no matter what. They could survive a plane crash 50 miles from Nome Alaska and would kill a polar bear with a pocket knife, write their days quit on ice with its blood, snap a pic with their cell phone and text it to Drome. Then there are those who always have an excuse not to post or to post late. -bicycleptic