Author Topic: ES intro  (Read 29692 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: ES intro
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 11:01:50 AM »
I can't even take the time to scroll through this and call each of you out by name, but you guys are FUCKING LEGIT. Total strangers dedicating themselves to at least take a second out of their day to tell me that they give a shit about my health. What a cool thing! I KNOW that if I was trying to do this on my own, I couldn't make it. I may make it a week, maybe even 10 weeks (I've been there before, but really just cuz the can was unavailable to me), but I'd cave because nobody was there to help. People telling me that nic is gross and unhealthy, it's like, "yeah, ya fuckin' tool. I'm not that one dude in the US that doesn't fucking get it..." but it doesn't truly help. What is already helping me is this site. You people. You Arbiters of Quit. You glorious strangers who want to help. God bless you. This boils down to ceasing our own slow suicides - I can think of no more honorable reason to tell someone you've never met that you give a fuck.

So, sorry for the language. If you don't like it, just know that I'm coming from a good place. Fucking love and appreciation, man.

Don't get mad at me for dropping a little scripture here: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Just think about it, it applies to our addiction and many other parts of life. This scripture was part of what drew me back to KTC (which I'd heard of a few years back, never sacked up until now). I realized I cannot do it alone, but the help I need will come from you guys. The brothers and sisters out there who have more to say than, "just quit, it's gross."

Thank you, all. I get amped the fuck up when I get on here and read. Reading what you all have to say is way more powerful than any urge to destroy my body.
I dig this, man.

You didn’t get all butt hurt and bitch out. Nice!

Your tone is the kind of tone that I need to hear... owning it and getting a little excited at the freedom waiting for you... not giving in to fear or romanticizing your fake relationship with that stupid shit we stuffed in our faces for years. Good on ya!

So, listen... you can do this. You really can. I chewed for 25 years and was downing 2 cans a day for the last 10 of that.
J. U. N. K. I. E.
I was hardcore.

But... I jumped in. All in. Owned this shit from the get go. Some days were a bitch... some days were fine. Always moving forward and leaving the old me further and further in the rear view.

Today I’m at 2,093 days but I do NOT forget where you are now. It keeps my freedom a thing of beauty. Like my bro Worktowin likes to say... I’m winning and I plan to keep on winning.

Get involved and stay involved.
Rock this...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 10:28:47 AM »
I can't even take the time to scroll through this and call each of you out by name, but you guys are FUCKING LEGIT. Total strangers dedicating themselves to at least take a second out of their day to tell me that they give a shit about my health. What a cool thing! I KNOW that if I was trying to do this on my own, I couldn't make it. I may make it a week, maybe even 10 weeks (I've been there before, but really just cuz the can was unavailable to me), but I'd cave because nobody was there to help. People telling me that nic is gross and unhealthy, it's like, "yeah, ya fuckin' tool. I'm not that one dude in the US that doesn't fucking get it..." but it doesn't truly help. What is already helping me is this site. You people. You Arbiters of Quit. You glorious strangers who want to help. God bless you. This boils down to ceasing our own slow suicides - I can think of no more honorable reason to tell someone you've never met that you give a fuck.

So, sorry for the language. If you don't like it, just know that I'm coming from a good place. Fucking love and appreciation, man.

Don't get mad at me for dropping a little scripture here: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Just think about it, it applies to our addiction and many other parts of life. This scripture was part of what drew me back to KTC (which I'd heard of a few years back, never sacked up until now). I realized I cannot do it alone, but the help I need will come from you guys. The brothers and sisters out there who have more to say than, "just quit, it's gross."

Thank you, all. I get amped the fuck up when I get on here and read. Reading what you all have to say is way more powerful than any urge to destroy my body.
Everyone here gives back because a relatively few short days ago WE were all in the same position you're in now - trying to find a way to stop poisoning ourselves.

You're not going to offend anyone with your language, or at least not likely... Things get salty at times. You're not going to offend anyone with scripture quotes. You're not the first nor the last to use one.

This place is remarkably simple. This will be the hardest and easiest thing you've ever done, as long as you follow this simple process:

1) Wake up
2) Piss
3) Post your promise to be quit for today and today only
4) KEEP YOUR FUCKING WORD
5) Repeat daily

Easy, right? Obviously there's a little more to it than that, but if you buy in and drink the Kool-Aid and trade digits and reach out to fellow quitters and get to know people you'll find that you've acquired most of the tools you'll need along your quit journey. Become a student of addiction. Learn the recovery process. Know what to expect. These things will help you prepare for what's coming.

Make no mistake. It's going to SUCK at times. You CAN do this though. We know, because we're doing the same thing and can help you down the path.
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline ES

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01-06-2019
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 09:26:37 AM »

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 09:56:28 AM by ES »
My Intro |My HOF Speech | April 2019 The BMF'ers of Quit

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Freedom Day: 1/6/19     HOF: 4/15/19     2nd Floor: 7/24/19     3rd Floor: 11/1/19     1 Year: 1/6/20     4th Floor: 2/9/20     5th Floor: 5/19/20     6th Floor: 8/27/20     7th Floor: 12/5/20     2 Years: 1/6/21     8th Floor: 3/15/21     9th Floor: 6/23/21     10th Floor/Comma Club: 10/1/21     ODAAT Toward:     3 Years: 1/6/22

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 163
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 08:51:16 AM »
ES -

Get pumped, my man!  Put a big ol' grin on your face.  You no longer have to worry about flecks of black lint in your teeth.   Smile, brother.  You are quit.

Breathe in,  you're quit now.  It's ok to be relieved. 

Buy in, drink the Kool Aid here. 

Be a man.  It's okay to pull your gal in a little closer.  She's waited this long, and deserves the man she married.

You don't need to be strong all the time.  We will shore you when your at your weakest.  Reinforcements are a pm, txt, or post away.

We'll rally around you.

BMC 458
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 09:03:11 AM by BluManChew »

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 06:47:45 PM »
ES, welcome to KTC!  One of the best decisions of your life - congratulations!  And Work2Win is right, you have some serious Quit Legends in your corner already (including W2W himself!)

Not much to add except read everything you can about this addiction.  I found that once I understood what nicotine was and had done to me physically on a clinical level, it became a lot easier to beat.  This site has great information here:  https://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures/ Then, drink the KTC Kool-Aid, make connections with as many people as you can here - especially in your month.  DIG A QUIT HOLE - make it impossible to turn back.  Don't give nic a glimmer of hope.  And take back your freedom one day at a time.  I promise you it gets better and better in time. 

I read your comment in April about the "timing" urges.  Those associations your brain made with dipping (driving, after meals, etc.) will be broken each time you don't give in to the cravings.  So every time you push through a crave, it is another link in the chain being destroyed!

If you need anything, pm me.
FLLipOut.  Day 900.

Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 05:28:00 PM »
Brother, you have got some legends of quit in your corner already.  I'm gonna just share a little thought for you to ponder...

This journey isn't for the weak.  It takes big ballz of steel (there are a few women on this site too - they have ballz too bro) to succeed at this, but it is possible.

I watched a story about a dude that climbed Everest.  He talked about the conditions, how he thought he was gonna die.  How it is brutal.  How he got discouraged.  Then, this giant smile... and he said "Fuck yeah I'd do it again!"

Have you seen Shawshank Redemption?  At the end, when Andy had spent all that time digging out of the prison with a little rock pick?  Then he had to crawl through the sewer? The darkest of days?

Then, he emerges at the end, arms outstretched... and FREE!  Brother, that is what is ahead.

I had a lot of people type stuff like this to me when I first started, and I thought it was all a bunch of ghey BS.  Total BS... Well, 2,206 days later, I'm here to tell you that it isn't.  You are doing something so fantastic for yourself, for your family, for your life, and for your health and freedom... that you can't even imagine.

Welcome aboard.  If I can help in any way, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM - my number is yours for the asking, and here we win as a team.

One more thing... when you get discouraged - I want you to think about the people that you know that have quit nicotine.  And I want you to think if you've ever... EVER... heard one of them say "damn I really wish I had never quit."  Because you haven't.  Once you are free of these chains, you want to own this freedom and wave it like that rainbow flag that Applejack waves around from his Vespa.  (OK, that last part was a joke.  He drives a Mini Cooper.)

Cheers, and welcome aboard sir.

worktowin

Offline shake

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/15/2018
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 04:05:26 PM »
ES, I share your story almost identically. I am 31 years old, started dipping about 9 years ago (I don’t exactly remember when I started), my wife is in early pregnancy with our first child. You are not alone my friend. Check your inbox, I PM’d you my digits.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 11:55:25 AM »
Welcome, you've made the right decision.

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 09:57:59 AM »
Hello, all. I'll dive right into the biography: 31 years old, Missouri, dipping roughly 9 years after 2 years smoking before that. My wife has never liked me dipping (cried when we were dating and she learned that I dipped, but still took me anyway) and all my family - save for one brother - don't even know that I dip. I heard of this site several years ago, but until now, have never made an honest decision to quit. Stopped for weeks here or there but never fully committed to staying quit. Many factors are driving me to quit: my dad died of pancreatic cancer 6 years ago (he didn't have any habits that contributed to this, just "luck of the draw" I guess...), I'll be a first-time dad later this year, my wife hates that I do it, I don't even like it, and I spend a ridiculous amount of $ on this stupid bullshit. I'm not tobacco-free yet, unfortunately. I'm planning my quit. Not sure the best way... when what I have runs out? Pick a date? I don't know... I'm getting into this forum to keep myself honest. I'll be telling my wife about joining here and asking her to support me through this, hopefully with understanding of the difficulties to come and not condemnation alone. I'll be grateful for any help from the quitters here. I'm sure I'll need it.

ES - I know the best way.  Do it now.  Just quit and post up your Day 1.  Don't pick something in the future.  We are all nicotine addicts and we know that we always have that "magical date" planned out.  My birthday, new years, when I get married, after my test, after my interview, after I switch jobs, my kid is born...the list goes on and on.  The best way to quit is dump what you have now and start it now.  Why wait?  What is the wait going to do for you?  Trust me...nothing other then prolong your withdrawal.  I quit 3 years ago TODAY!!!  Yup - this very day.  I was at work and had a dip in and at 1130AM I took it out and read a bit on here and then finally just said 'Day 1' in my April 2016 group.  Haven't stopped since.  1097 days in a row and I'm still quit!!!  Do it...it is freedom!  It is humbling!  It is complete surrender and freedom from the slavery that you have to a can each day.  I'm here to encourage and support you.  I can't make you do it...that is on you...but I can tell you that this program works.  Jump in...take a leap of faith and do it!  It is the BEST decision I have ever made in my life.  Why?  I can work out better than I have ever done in my life.  I don't have high blood pressure anymore.  I'm not constantly planning my day around when I need to get to the gas station to get my tin.  I'm saving lots of money after spending so much for 22 years on a dead plant in a can that kills people.  I'm more likely NOT to get cancer (it still is a chance but quitting has reduced that percentage).  I'm free and happier than I have ever been.  I enjoy life!  I don't have bad breath or crap stuck in my teeth.  I have much better sex because nicotine suppresses many things.  It is all POSITIVE things to quit.  I'm not controlled by a dead plant in a can!!!

Do it...dump it all out now.  Scary...sure...but I'm proof as are many others here.  We are all addicts.  There is no cure.  But there is hope to have freedom back in your life and more so there is more life to live without that vial poison.

Come on in!!!  I'll be the first one to support you and help you along this journey!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm jumping in. I'm done. I'm on board. Fuck this can, it's not my life. I own my life. Pray for me brothers and sisters. I'll be praying for myself and everyone else on this site. Day 1 is on. Yesterday, I had my last dip. I will not submit to nicotine today.
YES!!!

Also, yesterday is your day 1. The last dip is day 1. Today is day 2 and just keep it up!
Saw you posted -- AWESOME!!  -- Do this First thing in the morning -- our mantra is Wake Up Piss Post (WUPP) -- and do it Every Damn Day (EDD)
First step done -- each day is just another step

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 09:53:19 AM »
Hello, all. I'll dive right into the biography: 31 years old, Missouri, dipping roughly 9 years after 2 years smoking before that. My wife has never liked me dipping (cried when we were dating and she learned that I dipped, but still took me anyway) and all my family - save for one brother - don't even know that I dip. I heard of this site several years ago, but until now, have never made an honest decision to quit. Stopped for weeks here or there but never fully committed to staying quit. Many factors are driving me to quit: my dad died of pancreatic cancer 6 years ago (he didn't have any habits that contributed to this, just "luck of the draw" I guess...), I'll be a first-time dad later this year, my wife hates that I do it, I don't even like it, and I spend a ridiculous amount of $ on this stupid bullshit. I'm not tobacco-free yet, unfortunately. I'm planning my quit. Not sure the best way... when what I have runs out? Pick a date? I don't know... I'm getting into this forum to keep myself honest. I'll be telling my wife about joining here and asking her to support me through this, hopefully with understanding of the difficulties to come and not condemnation alone. I'll be grateful for any help from the quitters here. I'm sure I'll need it.

ES - I know the best way.  Do it now.  Just quit and post up your Day 1.  Don't pick something in the future.  We are all nicotine addicts and we know that we always have that "magical date" planned out.  My birthday, new years, when I get married, after my test, after my interview, after I switch jobs, my kid is born...the list goes on and on.  The best way to quit is dump what you have now and start it now.  Why wait?  What is the wait going to do for you?  Trust me...nothing other then prolong your withdrawal.  I quit 3 years ago TODAY!!!  Yup - this very day.  I was at work and had a dip in and at 1130AM I took it out and read a bit on here and then finally just said 'Day 1' in my April 2016 group.  Haven't stopped since.  1097 days in a row and I'm still quit!!!  Do it...it is freedom!  It is humbling!  It is complete surrender and freedom from the slavery that you have to a can each day.  I'm here to encourage and support you.  I can't make you do it...that is on you...but I can tell you that this program works.  Jump in...take a leap of faith and do it!  It is the BEST decision I have ever made in my life.  Why?  I can work out better than I have ever done in my life.  I don't have high blood pressure anymore.  I'm not constantly planning my day around when I need to get to the gas station to get my tin.  I'm saving lots of money after spending so much for 22 years on a dead plant in a can that kills people.  I'm more likely NOT to get cancer (it still is a chance but quitting has reduced that percentage).  I'm free and happier than I have ever been.  I enjoy life!  I don't have bad breath or crap stuck in my teeth.  I have much better sex because nicotine suppresses many things.  It is all POSITIVE things to quit.  I'm not controlled by a dead plant in a can!!!

Do it...dump it all out now.  Scary...sure...but I'm proof as are many others here.  We are all addicts.  There is no cure.  But there is hope to have freedom back in your life and more so there is more life to live without that vial poison.

Come on in!!!  I'll be the first one to support you and help you along this journey!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm jumping in. I'm done. I'm on board. Fuck this can, it's not my life. I own my life. Pray for me brothers and sisters. I'll be praying for myself and everyone else on this site. Day 1 is on. Yesterday, I had my last dip. I will not submit to nicotine today.
YES!!!

Also, yesterday is your day 1. The last dip is day 1. Today is day 2 and just keep it up!
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline ES

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 09:21:21 AM »

Freedom Day: 1/6/19     HOF: 4/15/19     2nd Floor: 7/24/19     3rd Floor: 11/1/19     1 Year: 1/6/20     4th Floor: 2/9/20     5th Floor: 5/19/20     6th Floor: 8/27/20     7th Floor: 12/5/20     2 Years: 1/6/21     8th Floor: 3/15/21     9th Floor: 6/23/21     10th Floor/Comma Club: 10/1/21     ODAAT Toward:     3 Years: 1/6/22

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 08:51:02 AM »
Try this one on...

Between now and your “quit date”... how do you know that the next dip you cram in your maw isn’t “the one” that turns everything from healthy into a cancerous nightmare?

Quit now, bro.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 07:42:02 AM »

Yes quit now! What kind of planning do you really need to do?  All you’re really doing is no longer putting a dead plant in your mouth.  Just begin that process now.

Every dip you take only makes it harder and every day you put it off only gives you more time to chicken out.  If you’re on this site, you’re motivated and you have momentum.  Use that momentum to dump every single nicotine product in your possession and post a day one.

From there, start building contacts and accountability on this site.  There are endless quit tools scattered around here and all you have to do is pick them up and use them. 

It will never be easier than it is right now.  It is scary and it’s definitely going to be one of the hardest things you’ll have done in your life, but you will never regret quitting and finding the freedom on the other side. 

I’m on day 981 and I can promise you that this works, it’s worth it and that you can achieve it.

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 07:27:37 PM »

Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline ES

• Quitter
ES intro
« on: January 06, 2019, 04:53:58 PM »