Author Topic: A Chick Wanting to Quit  (Read 4050 times)

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
Re: A Chick Wanting to Quit
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 10:19:07 AM »
OK Let's See -- It's 12:30 Noontime on the East Coast and this Unicorn still has not posted roll.  Where are YOU??  Where is YOUR accountability?  Where is YOUR Commitment?

You asked for support then PAY THE DAILY PRICE -- A Simple 5 minute post with your promise. 

We do not support people who try we support people that QUIT!

I sent MY support lines out to you -- It's up to YOU to grab hold and pull yourself in.
@thepeculiarunicorn  'waiting'
@thepeculiarunicorn caved...You had dumped it all, right? Which means you drove to the fucking store, bought it, and shoved it in your face. I wouldn’t call that a “slip”. That process allows plenty of time to make a phone call to save yourself. If that’s you being “serious AF”...
@thepeculiarunicorn may be serious one day, but that day ain’t today. Give me a fuckin break. That’s just pathetic. All I can do is shake my head.
Waste of time
'cs'

We of the "Badass unicorn riders of the quittin spittin saloon" know that unicorns are fickle beasts.  They must be cared for more than their non horned cousins, but when pushed in the right direction, have the stamina to win every race.  It just takes time to get them on track.  This peculiar unicorn may need more prodding than most.  It will have to look deep within its unicorn soul and stock up on glitter before it's truly ready to win the race.  Perhaps, buy a special stool to sit and think it over.  But until then, this unicorn is destined to sit and chew on weeds in the pasture while the rest of the herd wins their races, one day at a time.  Happy trails, @thepeculiarunicorn , hopefully you find your way before the weeds take your jaw.  Unicorns are amazing creatures to look at, but a disfigured one loses its luster.
It appears this is another classic case of liking the IDEA of being quit but not willing (or able) to put forth the effort to actually make it happen.

We can't quit for anyone else so time to move on to the next quitter that needs support. Thank you, next...
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 10:04:03 AM »
OK Let's See -- It's 12:30 Noontime on the East Coast and this Unicorn still has not posted roll.  Where are YOU??  Where is YOUR accountability?  Where is YOUR Commitment?

You asked for support then PAY THE DAILY PRICE -- A Simple 5 minute post with your promise. 

I sent MY support lines out to you -- It's up to YOU to grab hold and pull yourself in.
@thepeculiarunicorn caved...You had dumped it all, right? Which means you drove to the fucking store, bought it, and shoved it in your face. I wouldn’t call that a “slip”. That process allows plenty of time to make a phone call to save yourself. If that’s you being “serious AF”...
@thepeculiarunicorn may be serious one day, but that day ain’t today. Give me a fuckin break. That’s just pathetic. All I can do is shake my head.
Waste of time
'cs'

We of the "Badass unicorn riders of the quittin spittin saloon" know that unicorns are fickle beasts.  They must be cared for more than their non horned cousins, but when pushed in the right direction, have the stamina to win every race.  It just takes time to get them on track.  This peculiar unicorn may need more prodding than most.  It will have to look deep within its unicorn soul and stock up on glitter before it's truly ready to win the race.  Perhaps, buy a special stool to sit and think it over.  But until then, this unicorn is destined to sit and chew on weeds in the pasture while the rest of the herd wins their races, one day at a time.  Happy trails, @thepeculiarunicorn , hopefully you find your way before the weeds take your jaw.  Unicorns are amazing creatures to look at, but a disfigured one loses its luster. 

Offline Sand44

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: Oct 17, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1092
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 08:43:59 PM »

Waste of time
'cs'

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1620
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 05:56:20 PM »

Waste of time
Jan19

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 05:47:16 PM »

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 04:02:46 PM »

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 01:50:05 PM »

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 12:42:34 PM »

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 11:32:03 AM »
@thepeculiarunicorn

I see that today is day three for you. The nicotine is almost out of your system. Today and tomorrow are the hardest. I can assure you this though, once the withdrawals are over, the only fight left is in your mind. You’re almost through the toughest battle. Don’t give up. I promise, after day 7-10, things will definitely get better for you. It gets easier and easier as time goes by. Here’s a link to my daily struggle. I hope it gives you a glimpse into the future of your battle. Start on page three, or my day one.

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15960.0

I’m quit with you, especially today!!

Hunter4life - day 115.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:36:42 AM by Hunter4life »
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 10:27:50 AM »
@thepeculiarunicorn posting two day 1's back to back is not how we do things around here. Your name was on roll yesterday. You made a promise to yourself and everyone here that you would not shove any of that cat shit into your face for the next 24 hours. In a matter of 48 hours you have managed to render your word almost useless. Why should we believe you now?

If you want to find success against fighting this ADDICTION (not a habit) one day at a time here at KTC, you need to buckle down and get serious. Why are you here? Are you ready to quit? Are you doing this for yourself or for some other reason? (Hint: you must quit for yourself.)

You mentioned quitting is intense and an internal battle. Yup. But those aren't excuses. Everyone here has been in your shoes. The difference? They grind it out one day at a time and honor their promise no matter how hard it gets vs going back on their word.

What makes KTC great is the accountability here. We are all here because none of us were able to quit on our own. Start using the PM tool (My Messages) in the top toolbar to share your digits with you fellow quitters. Yeah, I know it's scary at first giving your phone number out to strangers on the internet but if you need help starting out, send me a PM and I'll start to dispel that fear. Or EXBEARHAG provided a great to start sharing with. In this way, next time you feel like caving, you reach out to one (or more) of your accountability folks and we will help you keep your promise.

Tomorrow is never guaranteed. Today is all we can control. Don't worry about tomorrow's cravings or tomorrow's mental battles. Focus on TODAY. Break it down minute my minute or hour by hour if you need to. This fight is life or death. Take it seriously and start to prove to yourself and to us you have what it takes to be quit TODAY.

Yeah - I'm getting the fact that failing, in any capacity, on this forum is unacceptable. Thank you for reiterating that once again. I fucked up. I accept it. I'm not making any excuses. Only thing I can do is keep my promise TODAY. I refuse to get scared off because a couple of guys call me on my bullshit. Honestly, that's exactly what I need. So, thank you for that.

-Holly
I wasn't trying to scare you away. I want you to be successful and enjoy the freedom of being quit but none of us can quit for you. We are here to support you but ultimately you are in control.

KTC is a tough love sort of site. We don't operate with a pat on the ass and "you'll get 'em next time champ" sort of mentality. We give our words to each other. We honor those promises through thick and thin. We repeat each morning. Thousands have found success here. It will work for you too if you buy into the system and give it everything you have.

Offline thepeculiarunicorn

• Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 10:17:34 AM »
@thepeculiarunicorn posting two day 1's back to back is not how we do things around here. Your name was on roll yesterday. You made a promise to yourself and everyone here that you would not shove any of that cat shit into your face for the next 24 hours. In a matter of 48 hours you have managed to render your word almost useless. Why should we believe you now?

If you want to find success against fighting this ADDICTION (not a habit) one day at a time here at KTC, you need to buckle down and get serious. Why are you here? Are you ready to quit? Are you doing this for yourself or for some other reason? (Hint: you must quit for yourself.)

You mentioned quitting is intense and an internal battle. Yup. But those aren't excuses. Everyone here has been in your shoes. The difference? They grind it out one day at a time and honor their promise no matter how hard it gets vs going back on their word.

What makes KTC great is the accountability here. We are all here because none of us were able to quit on our own. Start using the PM tool (My Messages) in the top toolbar to share your digits with you fellow quitters. Yeah, I know it's scary at first giving your phone number out to strangers on the internet but if you need help starting out, send me a PM and I'll start to dispel that fear. Or EXBEARHAG provided a great to start sharing with. In this way, next time you feel like caving, you reach out to one (or more) of your accountability folks and we will help you keep your promise.

Tomorrow is never guaranteed. Today is all we can control. Don't worry about tomorrow's cravings or tomorrow's mental battles. Focus on TODAY. Break it down minute my minute or hour by hour if you need to. This fight is life or death. Take it seriously and start to prove to yourself and to us you have what it takes to be quit TODAY.

Yeah - I'm getting the fact that failing, in any capacity, on this forum is unacceptable. Thank you for reiterating that once again. I fucked up. I accept it. I'm not making any excuses. Only thing I can do is keep my promise TODAY. I refuse to get scared off because a couple of guys call me on my bullshit. Honestly, that's exactly what I need. So, thank you for that.

-Holly

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 10:02:00 AM »

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 09:59:17 AM »
@thepeculiarunicorn

There are many bad ass female quitters on the site.  These ladies are very active on the site, a wealth of great knowledge, and pillars of strength for many quitters, male and female alike.  This will get you started.  I apologize in advance for missing some of you ladies.

@ankape
@FLLipOut
@buttons7886
@harvestgirl 
@ChickDip
@L8x55d
@Falcon67
@Lady G

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 09:47:03 AM »
Hi everyone - my name is Holly. Yep, I'm a chick (any other women out there looking to quit chewing?) I've already started day 1 over again. The draw is intense. It's like an internal battle. I think I need some support to do this. Does anyone have any advice? This habit does nothing for me anymore, it's disgusting, and I'm tired of scheduling my life around my addiction. Please help.

Thank you and nice to meet you all.
Holly
Hi. There's a few chicks around, believe it or not. My advice is to go to the May 2020 HOF Quit Group and post your promise not to use nicotine today. Hold yourself accountable for today. Plenty of support will be forthcoming, especially if you treat it as a two-way street.
@thepeculiarunicorn welcome. https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16257.0 Is the link to the May2020 group. Go over there and post roll. We wake up, piss, and post our promise first thing everyday to stay nicotine free for the day and then keep our promise for the day. The following day repeat the process. Make relationships with fellow quitters. It is normal to exchange digits only through personal messages and never on the forum or here in the Intro section. Those relationships are huge. Focus on today. We can only quit one day at a time. There are other women quitting here on KTC. You can do this and we are here to help. Shoot me a message if you need anything.
Congrats on posting correctly. Keep your promise and comeback tomorrow and repeat. Smokey Mountain herbal snuff helped me along with sugarless gum and candy. Focus one day at a time, get extra rest but also exercise  and drink a ton of water.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 09:32:29 AM »
Hi everyone - my name is Holly. Yep, I'm a chick (any other women out there looking to quit chewing?) I've already started day 1 over again. The draw is intense. It's like an internal battle. I think I need some support to do this. Does anyone have any advice? This habit does nothing for me anymore, it's disgusting, and I'm tired of scheduling my life around my addiction. Please help.

Thank you and nice to meet you all.
Holly
Hi. There's a few chicks around, believe it or not. My advice is to go to the May 2020 HOF Quit Group and post your promise not to use nicotine today. Hold yourself accountable for today. Plenty of support will be forthcoming, especially if you treat it as a two-way street.
@thepeculiarunicorn welcome. https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16257.0 Is the link to the May2020 group. Go over there and post roll. We wake up, piss, and post our promise first thing everyday to stay nicotine free for the day and then keep our promise for the day. The following day repeat the process. Make relationships with fellow quitters. It is normal to exchange digits only through personal messages and never on the forum or here in the Intro section. Those relationships are huge. Focus on today. We can only quit one day at a time. There are other women quitting here on KTC. You can do this and we are here to help. Shoot me a message if you need anything.
Jan19