Author Topic: South Texas Quitter  (Read 4675 times)

Offline Warpig

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: September 23, 2020, High Noon
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: South Texas Quitter
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2020, 07:53:44 AM »
Day six

Reflux gone
Did not have even a synthetic non nicotine dip yesterday and my mouth feels much better.

Scrotum looks like dove breast and I'm pretty sure my kids were born neked, anyone experience those side effects?
Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know, let's have a spelling contest!

Offline Warpig

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2020, 10:47:46 AM »
Day five

Reflux down
Cheeks peeling
No headaches
Sleeps is good

All quiet on the cravings front.
Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know, let's have a spelling contest!

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 09:12:34 PM »
Day 3

Cheeks hurt (ones on my face @BluManChew )
Mouth is sensative (like some of the members here)
Small headache
Slept great
Low to zero acid reflux
Got hard as a rock so no blood flow issue (ask Mrs Warpig)

How yall doin?

roflmao roflmao roflmao

The mouth  and reflux issues go away... hopefully the others do not!!

'do it'

Offline Warpig

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 11:30:53 AM »
Day 3

Cheeks hurt (ones on my face @BluManChew )
Mouth is sensative (like some of the members here)
Small headache
Slept great
Low to zero acid reflux
Got hard as a rock so no blood flow issue (ask Mrs Warpig)

How yall doin?

Offline Warpig

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 04:52:37 PM »
Thanks guys, excited and ready for today.  Cant find the way to post up my Day one coin i made from the top of my last grizzly can.

Anyways:

Indegestion
hot flashes
and sore gums so far.
All normal. Things get so much better but it does take time. Not a sprint but a journey.
You might want to keep an eye on your scrotum, too.  Since nicotine is a vassal constrictor, you may find the increased blood flow due to nicotine cessation to smooth it out and make your scrote less wrinkly.  You'll want to shave of course, so you can monitor the results.  Don't worry bro, completely normal.  Send your pics to @69franx .com.  He posts those in a special forum section.

If i had to shave that, along with the rest of my body, it would look like a grizzly bear got into a gardening accident with a hedge trimmer.  My scrote is good, appears to look like a dove breast, with no feathers.  And seriously thanks for the encouragement.

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 04:33:05 PM »
Thanks guys, excited and ready for today.  Cant find the way to post up my Day one coin i made from the top of my last grizzly can.

Anyways:

Indegestion
hot flashes
and sore gums so far.
All normal. Things get so much better but it does take time. Not a sprint but a journey.
You might want to keep an eye on your scrotum, too.  Since nicotine is a vassal constrictor, you may find the increased blood flow due to nicotine cessation to smooth it out and make your scrote less wrinkly.  You'll want to shave of course, so you can monitor the results.  Don't worry bro, completely normal.  Send your pics to @69franx .com.  He posts those in a special forum section.
Nothing like having a smooth as an egg nutsack! Right @BluManChew ?
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 163
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 04:30:43 PM »

Anyways:

Indegestion
hot flashes
and sore gums so far.

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2088
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 12:55:55 PM »

Anyways:

Indegestion
hot flashes
and sore gums so far.
Jan19

Offline Warpig

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 11:42:26 AM »

Anyways:

Indegestion
hot flashes
and sore gums so far.

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 163
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 10:36:13 AM »
Thanks gentlemen, I'm quitting for myself.  Tired of being tied to the can.  Using mint pouches non tobacco and nicotine (have slowly been integrating them into the routine).   Not 24 hrs yet but only 5 to go.  I am serious, I am not however an over poster or a complainer.  Shoulder into the suck and get silent nods of approval, not a rah rah yeah me kinda guy. 

Love the encouragement and furver.

Caleb
@Warpig   you are in the December 2020 quit group, not the January 2021 quit group. We don’t have a day zero so yesterday was a your first day quit, September 23rd. Please post in that group. Glad you are here. Also, today is day 2 for you. Congrats.
Welcome @Warpig

BMC 1083
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:39:22 AM by Keith0617 »

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 10:31:25 AM »
Thanks gentlemen, I'm quitting for myself.  Tired of being tied to the can.  Using mint pouches non tobacco and nicotine (have slowly been integrating them into the routine).   Not 24 hrs yet but only 5 to go.  I am serious, I am not however an over poster or a complainer.  Shoulder into the suck and get silent nods of approval, not a rah rah yeah me kinda guy. 

Caleb
@Warpig   you are in the December 2020 quit group, not the January 2021 quit group. We don’t have a day zero so yesterday was a your first day quit, September 23rd. Please post in that group. Glad you are here. ALso, today is day 2 for you. Congrats.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:37:12 AM by Keith0617 »
Jan19

Online MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4368
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 09:23:41 AM »

Caleb
Welcome @Warpig! Then you should fit it well here. We aren't a pat on the ass "go get'em champ" or "you'll get'em next time" sort of program. We make a promise each and every day and then honor that word through thick and thin. We are an accountability site so be prepared to make sure your fellow quit brothers/sisters are on roll each day and if they reach out to you telling you to get your ass on roll, humbly thank them for the reminder and post your promise right away.

Drink lot of water and share your digits with other member of December. The nicotine free / tobacco free substitutes are acceptable just make double or triple sure that what you are buying is truly nicotine and tobacco free. Some solid brands include Baccoff, Jake's, Smokey Mountain, Teaza, Hooch and Grinds. There are others out there but these are the most common.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Warpig

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 08:36:57 AM »

Caleb

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 08:31:16 AM »
Howdy from Texas, been chewing or dipping since 14, now 40 out of shape and have horrible reflux caused by snuff.  Father passed because of esophageal carcinoma.  So I figured it was time.

Last dip High noon, today.
Welcome to KTC, Warpig. You will not regret this decision, my friend. I'm GS9502/Matthew, and I'm at 209 days of freedom after 28 years of slavery to nicotine. Prepare yourself for a shitstorm of physical, mental, and emotional ups and downs for a while. Drink tons of water, get some fake dips, seeds, gum, whatever - just so long as it's nicotine and tobacco free. If you've been reading on the site, you know this is a Cold Turkey group of badass quitters. We embrace the suck from Day 1, and we ride the lightning of withdrawals by holding one another accountable for the promise we make to ourselves and to one another to stay quit for 24 hours at a time.

You've got 24 hours in you, right? I'm betting you do, @Warpig. I'm betting you have more, but we ask only for 24 hours at a time. Do yourself a huge favor, and read all you can read on this site. It's an arsenal of knowledge and experience, inspiring and humbling. Drink it all in, my friend.

You say you're out of shape? Shit, join the club. It may get worse for a while; mine did. I satisfied my oral fixation with food for a while. Keep this in mind, though. Worry about and fight one battle at a time. You know you can get the weight off eventually. Get clean first; then focus on getting fit. You need your focus on kicking the nicodemon out of your life right now.

Who are you quitting for? If the answer isn't "myself," then you need to re-evaluate your priorities here. This has to be about you - your health, your life. That way, when you get mad at shit, when the fog hits and you can't think straight, when those cravings make you think bad shit, you can't blame it on anyone else. You're going through this because of YOUR addiction. Own it.

Post your promise tomorrow morning - early - and keep it all day. You should be in the December group if you stayed true to your post and quit today. Tomorrow (Thursday) will be your Day 2. Get up, post up. We call it WUPP - Wake Up, Post, Piss.

You have good people here who want to see you succeed. Our formula is simple: Brotherhood + Accountability = Success. Take it ODAAT - One Day At A Time. Welcome to freedom.
@Warpig  welcome. @GS9502 gave you the link to freedom as you will be in the Dec2020 group. Wake up, piss, and post your promise every single morning and then just keep your word for the day. Make connections will fellow quitters. We all have failed on our own so lets try something different. Exchange digits but only through personal messages and not on the forum or here in the Intro section. If you really want to quit you can do it and we are here to help.
Jan19

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 09:01:53 PM »
Howdy from Texas, been chewing or dipping since 14, now 40 out of shape and have horrible reflux caused by snuff.  Father passed because of esophageal carcinoma.  So I figured it was time.

Last dip High noon, today.
Welcome to KTC, Warpig. You will not regret this decision, my friend. I'm GS9502/Matthew, and I'm at 209 days of freedom after 28 years of slavery to nicotine. Prepare yourself for a shitstorm of physical, mental, and emotional ups and downs for a while. Drink tons of water, get some fake dips, seeds, gum, whatever - just so long as it's nicotine and tobacco free. If you've been reading on the site, you know this is a Cold Turkey group of badass quitters. We embrace the suck from Day 1, and we ride the lightning of withdrawals by holding one another accountable for the promise we make to ourselves and to one another to stay quit for 24 hours at a time.

You've got 24 hours in you, right? I'm betting you do, @Warpig. I'm betting you have more, but we ask only for 24 hours at a time. Do yourself a huge favor, and read all you can read on this site. It's an arsenal of knowledge and experience, inspiring and humbling. Drink it all in, my friend.

You say you're out of shape? Shit, join the club. It may get worse for a while; mine did. I satisfied my oral fixation with food for a while. Keep this in mind, though. Worry about and fight one battle at a time. You know you can get the weight off eventually. Get clean first; then focus on getting fit. You need your focus on kicking the nicodemon out of your life right now.

Who are you quitting for? If the answer isn't "myself," then you need to re-evaluate your priorities here. This has to be about you - your health, your life. That way, when you get mad at shit, when the fog hits and you can't think straight, when those cravings make you think bad shit, you can't blame it on anyone else. You're going through this because of YOUR addiction. Own it.

Post your promise tomorrow morning - early - and keep it all day. You should be in the December group if you stayed true to your post and quit today. Tomorrow (Thursday) will be your Day 2. Get up, post up. We call it WUPP - Wake Up, Post, Piss.

You have good people here who want to see you succeed. Our formula is simple: Brotherhood + Accountability = Success. Take it ODAAT - One Day At A Time. Welcome to freedom.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson