Author Topic: Glad to be here  (Read 88974 times)

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
Re: Skolvikings
« Reply #392 on: September 27, 2020, 09:46:15 AM »
Just booked a flight & car to see my brother Skolvikings. I'll arrive on my day 1000, stay the night, and wake up with my hands between two pillows on his day 1000.
The countdown begins!!
This much is certain - photos will absolutely not be permitted

I just got a new LED light for the Ole' hot tub, it changes colors.  I'm thinking Chateaubriand, Béarnaise Sauce, Goat Cheese Smoked Taters, Prosciutto Green Beans and a Key Lime Pie.  Can't wait to celebrate with you brother.  I'll make sure I wash the PILLOWS

So this happens in a few hours, I sure hope you got your beauty sleep.  The feast is prepped and just waiting on the guest of honor.  Nice dangle my brother, see you soon.
can't sleep. the anticipation is more than I can bear. Athan waits 1,000 days to fly out to Azirona only to pass out on Skol's couch!
Congrats brother. Keep doing what you've always done here. You are an awesome, inspiring rock star of quit
Congrats on 1K. Thank you for all you do.
1,000 is the mark of greatness bro. Congratulations and thanks for inviting me to the party!
Congrats on that comma!  I really appreciate what you do for all of us addicts.
The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #391 on: September 27, 2020, 09:23:29 AM »
Just booked a flight & car to see my brother Skolvikings. I'll arrive on my day 1000, stay the night, and wake up with my hands between two pillows on his day 1000.
The countdown begins!!

I just got a new LED light for the Ole' hot tub, it changes colors.  I'm thinking Chateaubriand, Béarnaise Sauce, Goat Cheese Smoked Taters, Prosciutto Green Beans and a Key Lime Pie.  Can't wait to celebrate with you brother.  I'll make sure I wash the PILLOWS

So this happens in a few hours, I sure hope you got your beauty sleep.  The feast is prepped and just waiting on the guest of honor.  Nice dangle my brother, see you soon.
can't sleep. the anticipation is more than I can bear. Athan waits 1,000 days to fly out to Azirona only to pass out on Skol's couch!
Congrats brother. Keep doing what you've always done here. You are an awesome, inspiring rock star of quit
1,000 is the mark of greatness bro. Congratulations and thanks for inviting me to the party!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #390 on: September 26, 2020, 10:31:36 AM »
The countdown begins!!

Jan19

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #389 on: September 26, 2020, 09:15:59 AM »
The countdown begins!!

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #388 on: September 26, 2020, 05:11:35 AM »
The countdown begins!!

"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #387 on: September 26, 2020, 12:52:34 AM »
The countdown begins!!

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
Re: She's always right
« Reply #386 on: September 12, 2020, 07:26:40 AM »
Experienced an incongruity of thought with the Mrs. while shopping. Decided to walk home lest I utter something worthy of sleeping on the couch for a week. Not a long trek as the crow flies as it’s through the woods and avoiding the roundabout path of the highway. A light drizzly rain adds to the poor choice yet serves only to augment my stubborn bent. I was a few miles into it when I encounter the railroad tracks. I’d forgotten I’d have to traverse the railroad tracks. The embankment is steep on either side stretching for miles north and south, I’m headed east. I attack it at an angle but to no avail. I soon find myself slipping head long down the incline and picking up speed. At the last moment I decide to jump, opting to land vertical instead of headfirst into the gravel and ties. I felt it immediately – the ruptured tendon in the right foot. You know that moment when you realize that the course that you’ve set upon has become untenable? I had one of those. I’m still a few miles from home and no longer ambulatory. The rain is picking up. I consider my options. Traversing up the opposite side and then miles through the forest is looking less and less likely as my foot begins to swell and throb. I decide to follow the railroad tracks into town where they cross the highway. I’m going to have to swallow my intractable pride; I’m going to have to call her, apologize for my intransigence and ask for help. Damn it all. I make my way painfully along, hobbling from tie to tie, a cacophony of frogs and crows mocking me as I slink along.

Fast forward 4 hours. I’m now home on the couch having been released from the ER and sitting with my foot elevated per doctors orders when my phone rings. It’s my daughter. All college students are required to be tested for CoVid prior to attending fall classes. She’s positive (no symptoms whatsoever). We are all now quarantined for two weeks.

If there were ever a ‘just one’ moment this is it, the quitionary says look right here when you look it up. There’s just no end to them. This wouldn’t have been a just one event; it would have been a balls out chew like there’s no tomorrow honey go by me a sleeve. So that’s why I posted my promise yesterday and why I’m posting it today and why I’ll post it tomorrow. Because ‘just one’ is out there, with my name on it, waiting for me.

Just read both of these this morning.
https://utmost.org/gQ/
We always talk about the fog, we experienced when quitting. I have been experiencing the fog,  spiritually. But I knew something that at some point we will come out the other side. I tell new quit “it sucks until it doesn’t. Don’t set a clock to it otherwise you will be frustrated and disappointed.” Shoot that’s been the past week spiritually. But this morning it doesn’t suck and the fog is lifting. Keep pressing further into the fog and know at some point it will clear. With you EED
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Zombo Funk's profound epiphany
« Reply #385 on: September 04, 2020, 10:24:41 AM »
From @Zombo Funk in alcohol quit:
"....To borrow a phrase it's like casting a vote for the person you want to be. Every time I tell someone that I've quit, it reinforces the decision and makes it easier to be quit."

Casting a vote for the man I want to be. Geez I like that, it sure does ring true. Gonna get mileage out of it; voting early and often! Join me as we 'stuff the ballot box of Quit'!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 10:26:21 AM by Athan »
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
She's always right
« Reply #384 on: August 16, 2020, 08:33:45 AM »
Experienced an incongruity of thought with the Mrs. while shopping. Decided to walk home lest I utter something worthy of sleeping on the couch for a week. Not a long trek as the crow flies as it’s through the woods and avoiding the roundabout path of the highway. A light drizzly rain adds to the poor choice yet serves only to augment my stubborn bent. I was a few miles into it when I encounter the railroad tracks. I’d forgotten I’d have to traverse the railroad tracks. The embankment is steep on either side stretching for miles north and south, I’m headed east. I attack it at an angle but to no avail. I soon find myself slipping head long down the incline and picking up speed. At the last moment I decide to jump, opting to land vertical instead of headfirst into the gravel and ties. I felt it immediately – the ruptured tendon in the right foot. You know that moment when you realize that the course that you’ve set upon has become untenable? I had one of those. I’m still a few miles from home and no longer ambulatory. The rain is picking up. I consider my options. Traversing up the opposite side and then miles through the forest is looking less and less likely as my foot begins to swell and throb. I decide to follow the railroad tracks into town where they cross the highway. I’m going to have to swallow my intractable pride; I’m going to have to call her, apologize for my intransigence and ask for help. Damn it all. I make my way painfully along, hobbling from tie to tie, a cacophony of frogs and crows mocking me as I slink along.

Fast forward 4 hours. I’m now home on the couch having been released from the ER and sitting with my foot elevated per doctors orders when my phone rings. It’s my daughter. All college students are required to be tested for CoVid prior to attending fall classes. She’s positive (no symptoms whatsoever). We are all now quarantined for two weeks.

If there were ever a ‘just one’ moment this is it, the quitionary says look right here when you look it up. There’s just no end to them. This wouldn’t have been a just one event; it would have been a balls out chew like there’s no tomorrow honey go by me a sleeve. So that’s why I posted my promise yesterday and why I’m posting it today and why I’ll post it tomorrow. Because ‘just one’ is out there, with my name on it, waiting for me.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 08:40:15 AM by Athan »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #383 on: August 12, 2020, 06:11:52 PM »
@GS9502 breaks it down....

Quit, Quit Baby – Quitnilla Ice

All right stop, expectorate and listen
GS is down with the KTC mission;
Nicotine had a hold of me tightly,
Poisoning my body daily and nightly.
Did I wanna stop, yo I sure did,
For me, for my wife, and for my two great kids.
Stone cold turkey I threw that shit down,
Opened myself like a hospital gown;
Quit, felt my head start to boom,
Nic killin’ my brain, make me think that I was doomed,
Deadly, nic was slowly killin’ me,
Addicted to it like a bee to honey.
Lovin’ that I left it, every damn day
WUPP is word, the KTC way
And if I start cravin’, I call on my crew,
We quit that shit, we’re down and we’re through!

Quit, quit, baby Oh yeah, I’m
Quit, quit, baby No longer
spit, spit, baby Oh yeah, I’m
Quit, quit, baby!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #382 on: August 07, 2020, 04:47:18 PM »
The countdown begins!!

Hey you, yeah you! If you're just starting out and reading this....this is how life is meant to be. Celebrated. Not enslaved and groveling for the next fix. It does get better. All you gotta do is make the choice. Freedom is just lying in wait and oh how sweet it is!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #381 on: August 07, 2020, 01:07:16 PM »
The countdown begins!!

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Skolvikings
« Reply #380 on: August 07, 2020, 10:26:15 AM »
The countdown begins!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 10:28:00 AM by Athan »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #379 on: July 24, 2020, 11:45:13 AM »
from @Badmoona on 2 years (much respect Don Quitlioni):

badmoona - 2 years.  feels good.  Remember folks, I would have been at 8 years if i didn't cave back in 2014.  I left my group (October 2012 ironically) and caved months later.  I really don't plan on leaving ever. thanks everyone.

Ain't never cured boys. Like Exbearhag says, you read stuff like that and get a 'reset'. We're only as quit as yesterday. Quit on brotha's!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Quitness my old friend
« Reply #378 on: July 15, 2020, 07:11:41 AM »
From my quit brother @stillbrewing , as BluManChew likes to say, a textual chocolate:

"Hello quitness my old friend
I've come to quit today again
Because addiction softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was dipping
And the vision of quit that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of quitness"

Adapted from Simon & Quitfunkle

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer