Author Topic: The Quit.  (Read 31140 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: The Quit.
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2021, 08:14:51 PM »
     157 days of battle. days 150-157 have been filled with craving the itch and a kinda hazy dream of what it was back when i dipped. Even more impressive that the can is always knocking on your door no matter how many bolts locks you have on it. Far better off than i was, but even this far along my brain is still trying to figure out why i quit and talk to that dependent side.  "I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul?"

~Nick-157~LTBE
Nick, you and I have 300 days between us and we are fighting that same demon. After 457 days I still fight the crave and urge which is actually sad when you think about it. I have GI issues thanks to years of abuse and my brain daily tells me that I should go back to dipping as you didn’t have this issue when you did. I want to sometimes smack myself for letting my brain cause more issues then I need but then again I am a addict. I also remember a vet saying before I go back to the can that I should smash my cajonies in drawer then I was to call him and tell him why I smashed my cajonies in a drawer. That has been one of many reasons why I refuse to allow that demon to win. Stay blogging it out my friend and many will follow. If not maybe they should smash their cajonies in a drawer every time before they take a dip, lol. 

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • LTBE- Quittin since 12/30/20
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
  • Likes Given: 1868
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2021, 08:34:58 AM »
     157 days of battle. days 150-157 have been filled with craving the itch and a kinda hazy dream of what it was back when i dipped. Even more impressive that the can is always knocking on your door no matter how many bolts locks you have on it. Far better off than i was, but even this far along my brain is still trying to figure out why i quit and talk to that dependent side.  "I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul?"

~Nick-157~LTBE
I may not be a smart man, but I know what quit is! -Quitest Gump-
     -Don't plan for the future, Quit for today!-
"The way to get started is to (quit) talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
~you cant plan your quit you just have to do it, both feet free fall.~
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: traveling,Hunting,backpacking, Fully Sending it, working out, reading, God, Motivation
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »
~ A Prideful Man ~

Update: My uncles chest is finally healed up and the infectious Disease doctor cleared him to have have his defibrillator put back in. He is damn happy to get that vest off him. He will also start his Chemo back up next Monday and is almost completely done with Radiation treatments, which has him in high spirits for the first time since his battle has began. He has lost a lot of weight because of the toll all this takes on your body and does not have much a Appetit, the doctors want him eating more so that is a goal he will be working on. Radiation seems to have done its job, but to what toll we will find out. The way my uncle described it was " Radiation burns you from the inside out so i can only handle so much of that" and Chemo will hopefully kill the rest. All though he still looks aweful its good to see at least a little light in his eye.
WARNING: This product can cause mouth cancer.
WARNING: This product can cause gum disease and tooth loss.
WARNING: This product is not a safe alternative to cigarettes.
WARNING: Smokeless tobacco is addictive.
These required warning statements must also meet certain requirements, with respect to font, text, size, placement and formatting of the warning statements on the package labels and advertisements.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the Valiant never taste of death but once"
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2021, 10:26:35 AM »
Five Techniques to Move Forward through Difficult quits
It can be said that life’s a journey. The only way to progress through this journey is to take steps forward. Throughout our lives we will encounter a number of twists and turns, perhaps even a few stoppages. Obstacles make life challenging and rewarding. It’s important to remember that even though we may find life difficult at times, we must continue moving forward.

Dipp and Nicotine can make moving forward seem impossible at times. Overcoming these challenges starts as simply putting one foot in front of the other. Learning small daily strategies can help dismantle the overwhelming cravings caused by quitting , and other similar triggers. This can be hard, especially when we find ourselves in the midst of a difficult crossroads, or a path that seemingly leads to nowhere. The only way we can find our way is to continue moving forward.

Five Tips to Continue Moving Forward
1. Don’t Give Up
     Firstly, and perhaps most importantly – don’t give up! Just because an obstacle emerges, no matter what size, does not mean that the journey is over. once you quit, it is never quite the same. Your relationships,  job, and your life,  are better and you are in charge of your choices. Giving up may enter your mind, but find some way to keep going, even if you have to do things a little differently like talking to strangers on the internet. So when the going gets tough, don’t be afraid to text a brother, or, to find a way to overcome the funk obstructing your way. The journey continues from there.

2. Stay Positive
     It may seem a bit cliche to say that positivity is key, but the truth is often worth repeating. A positive mindset can make all the difference when it comes to progressing through one’s life and it’s challenges. It is also important to remember that the world is not our enemy. True, we will all face our own shares of ups and downs, but when we are confronted by the “Craves”, we must remember that they don’t happen because the universe hates us or that we are the victims of some sort of terrible cosmic vendetta. Rather, by adopting the perception that the world around us exists to do us good, we can learn to see the opportunities that surround us, instead of just focusing on the obstacles. In this way, we open ourselves up to the possibility to flourish, and learn not to accept failure.

3. Take Things One Day at a Time
     A simple yet effective piece of advice is also to take things one day – or one step – at a time. Trying to tackle more than one day head on all at once is the easiest way to get overwhelmed and, consequently, want to just give up. Instead, it helps to learn to tackle things one at a time. For example, if we’re having problems with your quit, worrying when the suck is going to go away can seem not only difficult but outright impossible, which can lead us to feeling defeated before we even try. But by approaching our Quits one step at a time, we can improve our resolve by strengthening the parts that comprise it. To begin with, we might start by improving WUPP, then maybe we text more vets or post in other groups. One-by-one we take on the things that were causing us to feel triggered and stressed, and by doing so we not only improve the health of others quit, but our own personal quit as well. We don’t need to do everything at once in order to see progress. In fact, we may find that it is easier to move forward when we are taking steps, rather than large, uncoordinated leaps.

4. Go at Your Own Pace
     Quit is not a race, therefore there is no need to rush progress. You may have been beaten down, but you are not broken. Even if you have dipped for years and lived through a life-altering trauma, if you still have a beating heart and air in your lungs, you can quit. The key is doing what we can, when we can, and taking breaks when we need to (burn out is real). These periods of rest can be what we need in order to get the energy to continue forward. However, we must remember that taking breaks should not be the same thing as stopping entirely. In other words, if we’re trying to get help our quit and decide to have a cheat day by not posting roll, we shouldn’t allow that day to become everyday, otherwise it defeats the purpose. We must continue on our quit journey, but there is nothing wrong with taking time every now and then to collect ourselves and refocus on our quits.

5. Don’t Be Afraid of Disappointment
     Unfortunately, disappointment as natural to life as is breathing. People from all walks of life experience disappointment, regardless of who they are. That being said, disappointments, while admittedly discouraging, should never stop us from moving forward in our quits. There is nothing wrong with feeling disappointed from time-to-time, but disappointment is not an excuse to go back to dipping and destroying our body's again, as has always been said 1 problem + nicotine= 2 problems. No matter what, we must keep going. After all, we have a lot to see and do before our journeys end. So why let cancer fuck that up?

Nick~133~ ran into this blog and revised most of it to fit my quit.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 10:32:55 AM by nick-Otine Free »
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2021, 08:31:41 AM »
WILLIAM QUITSPEARE
(from Henry V, spoken by
Nicotine free)

Once more unto the Quit, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our Brothers dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of crave blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the text;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd Quit;
Then lend the eye a terrible Cancer;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled bitch
Round and flavored his confounded can,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful nicotine.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest Quitters.
Whose start is fet from fathers of Tobaccy-proof!
Companies that, like so many manufactures,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your group; now attest
That those whom you call'd grizzly did beget you.
Be copy now to men of quitter blood,
And teach them how to quit. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made to toss the can, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your Quit; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble quittin in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the halls of KTC,
Straining upon the start. The quits afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'Quit for life, KTC, and My Thunderbirds!'
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2021, 09:16:35 AM »
~A prideful man~

A little update on my uncle last week he was having heart issue so went to the hospital, they said the spot where they put in his heart pacer was infected and had pus so they had to remove it. Which means he has to wear some kind of vest to keep his heart in order. It also cause him to have a blood infection which requires IV antibiotics   3 times a day for a month which mean they have to stop his Chemo  treatments. they will see where he is at in healing after all that before they start chemo up again. He does only have 8 radiation treatments left which he is excited to be done with. Its sad seeing him in such a state, to battle throat cancer, heart issues , and a blood infection all at once is mind boggling. He has been quit during this entire process and from the outside looking in it may be "to little to late". Loss of hair, shallow eyes, paper thin skin, swollen legs, tube feed, not able to move about this is what dipping will do to you folks ! stop your gambling i can tell you first hand its not worth the pain i see on my once strong, hard head ,determined uncle. this wont happen to me goes out the window and is a stupid comment once the nic bitch does indeed happen to you. keep the prayers going
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 09:19:42 AM by nick-Otine Free »
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2021, 08:49:50 AM »
"Therefore, take no thought about tomorrow, for tomorrow will take thought about the things of itself. Sufficient to the day is the trouble thereof."  Matthew 6:34

I'm taking each day one day at a time, and building up my strength and endurance. It's crazy because it takes no time at all to lose everything you have and then so much time to gain it back.
~Michelle McCool~

Programming your mind early to take it One Day At A Time  right after you toss your can is very important. If you are expecting rainbows and butterfly's you are a very naïve person. I spent 14 years putting a pinch in 24/7 365. And I new my world was about to go for a whirlwind the day I decided to quit. The body is made to fight change, its a way of protecting itself and is a defense mechanism. Quitting something your mind and body are Chemically dependent on is honestly one of the hardest things you will ever conquer, Par none! I've heard tons of people say quitting alcohol and alcohol withdraws are cake walks compared to kicking nicotine addiction. But like all things you have to put your all into it. You would go to the end of this world for your family, be it your parents, your wife, your kids. You would fight tooth and nail if they got kidnaped. Well your body is kidnapped and its time to fight tooth and nail for you! Taking back your Freedom starts with a simple day 1. My first 2 weeks i was so foggy brained its felt like i had a good beer buzz going on. The brain is trying to adjust to its new life style this is completely normal. I legit don't think i got more than 4 hours a sleep my first 40 days. toss and turn and sweat as my body tried to take hold of the new me. Around day 50 more healing came as my teeth felt like some one dumped quick Crete in my mouth and slammed it shut with a sledge hammer.  I had white patch's and spots on my gums as my Jaw fell in line with healing, realizing there was no longer a poison pinch there to tear it up. That all went on for about 75 days, No Sleep, night sweats, foggy dizzy spells, slow cognition (by brain processing power was on Mega L and needed a recharge lol) teeth Hurting so bad at times i had to just close my eyes and pray, unbearable headaches (man those headaches came all the time but were less and less as time went on but by far a challenge) Anxiety of hoping this was all worth it and worrying i may have cancer by how bad the suck sucked. And than the big 70s funk came in from 75 to 85 (the hardest most unpredictable part of quitting, was pure mental war fare as my brain was giving that last plea to stop the suffering. The self talk of my chemically confused brain telling me how Nicotine never gave up on you. One dip just to easy that tiny itch. Why am i quitting anyway i was not hurting anyone. Remember that juicy tasty squeezy ? why not treat yourself your a adult and can do what you want. life was so much simpler dipping you never worried than remember? Is this quit even worth it?, after all you always liked dipping and it calmed you. Will any one really care if i start dipping again, probably not.
     Indeed it was awful and painful, but taking it One Day At A Time got me past it, I needed the accountability so i would post roll and send lots of text to fellow quitters that new that same pain or were going through it with me. I am writing this because at day 113 that self talk is still going on, I'm just better prepared because of  KTC and my brotherhood. Hell yea i want a dip, but fuck that! BAM post roll by WUPP(WAKE UP PISS POST) which i also programmed in at day 1 ! sent my morning text out or they came to me reminding me there truly is a freedom from the can. I am also thinking it was nice taking my cave off the table bright and early this morn and all my focus will be on getting through 24hrs. It does not go away folks but we get better as time, rewiring, and healing goes on. I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment and its amazing not smacking your pocket or wondering where your tin is all the time. Im better and healthier and hopefully took cancer of the table as that's a reaper none of us want to see.

I hope this gives you guests and even newer quitters than me, a idea of some of the hardship it takes to kill the can. Its soooo worth your freedom and just getting on here and posting your promise and keeping your promise every damn day is life changing. Praying you all come to terms with your fight for life and death and quit and those who are quit a reminder of that self talk and how easy it is to slip.

I quit with you all today! I promise you that. ~nick-LTBE~113 AKA as BARRY
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 08:58:39 AM by nick-Otine Free »
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2021, 11:42:10 PM »
Hmmmm..... I’m frustrated........ this site offers so much to help so many. It’s a chance to start anew as a newbie . And a chance to solfiy your quit as a vet.  People call it drama I call it accountability ! Tell me where the line draws?  is there is not a line ! Dudes like Shane and Michael quit easy without reason make it  simple . WUPP and when they get a chance . They give back! If there is a chance to squash addict speak all quitters have the right to crush it! Don’t care if you been here 20 years! If I’m not here forever you should give me a damn good reason why 5 second every morn shit I shouldn’t. Not saying we all clash . But if you ain’t buying in why you here? It’s not drama it’s caring for another life .   ...... off my soap box ~nick
Daily Devotional

Offline macattack

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • April Thunderbirds 2021
  • Likes Given: 257
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2021, 09:06:08 AM »
     Well today i got my First Dentist appointment. excited and nervous to tell my hygienist that ive quit fucking my jaw to high hell with some poison. its been backed up for months because of covid so ive had this scheduled since day 10 of my quit i believe. This has always been a must since my first day of quit so i can start to let go of some of the stress of that Big C word. I would imagine its a important part of every quitters journey to get checked and get away not only with a clean mouth but a clear slate from the nic bitch!

~Nick 107 LTBE~

Going to the dentist was a huge relief for me. I think my anxiety would have been 100x worse if I hadn't gone until after my HOF date. Good luck Nic! I'm sure it'll be a breath of fresh air
Quit 12.23.20 | HOF 04.01.21 | 2nd Floor 07.10.21 | 3rd Floor 10.18.21 | 1 YR 12.23.21 | 4th Floor 01.26.22

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2021, 07:06:52 AM »
     Well today i got my First Dentist appointment. excited and nervous to tell my hygienist that ive quit fucking my jaw to high hell with some poison. its been backed up for months because of covid so ive had this scheduled since day 10 of my quit i believe. This has always been a must since my first day of quit so i can start to let go of some of the stress of that Big C word. I would imagine its a important part of every quitters journey to get checked and get away not only with a clean mouth but a clear slate from the nic bitch!

~Nick 107 LTBE~
Daily Devotional

Offline nick-Otine Free

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2021, 07:01:32 AM »
Congrats Nick. You sure have been a breath of fresh air to the site. Here is to many many more and I am honored to be part of your quit.
100% agree... Nick it is an honor to quit with you.

Keep on trucking Nick!  It just keeps getting better as the milestones pass.  Keep @Bsarno on the tracks too if you can.   ;D
Thanks Brochowskiiiis, Measn Alot guys and i appreciate any and all you crazy MOFOs that planted your stakes in my quit, you all are the real hero's and I'm quit because of encouraging folks such as yourselves!
Daily Devotional

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2021, 10:48:01 PM »
Congrats Nick. You sure have been a breath of fresh air to the site. Here is to many many more and I am honored to be part of your quit.

Keep on trucking Nick!  It just keeps getting better as the milestones pass.  Keep @Bsarno on the tracks too if you can.   ;D

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2021, 04:34:18 PM »

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2021, 06:53:48 PM »
Congrats Nick.  Keep it up!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2021, 05:35:42 PM »
Killin’ it, bro!
Good on ya...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.