Author Topic: I quit on 12/2/13  (Read 11782 times)

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I quit on 12/2/13
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
Quote from: gobux
Thank for the text this morning Pat. I appreciate it! Good job on your progress. You are doing great!
Anytime buddy

I will quit with you all again tomorrow.

PB

Offline gobux

• Interests: Hunting & OutdoorsCollege Football (Ohio State)Cincinnati Reds
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
Thank for the text this morning Pat. I appreciate it! Good job on your progress. You are doing great!

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Minny
Quote from: pbrain04
My wife went out with her friends.  I just tucked my two year old in. Watching a show with 5 year old.

Guess what I'm not doing? 

I'm not dipping and I really fucking proud of myself.

10 days

PB
Hell yeah, P! You should be proud. Your five year old is happy, too. They notice. +1 with you.
Well done buddy. That is a victory. I remember that first win. Alone with the 5 year old used to be, hurry up and put a movie for him so I can cram my face full of crap while the wife is not around. We were idiots, but now we have a second chance. Quit with you today.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »
My wife went out with her friends. I just tucked my two year old in. Watching a show with 5 year old.

10 days

PB
Hell yeah, P! You should be proud. Your five year old is happy, too. They notice. +1 with you.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
My wife went out with her friends. I just tucked my two year old in. Watching a show with 5 year old.

10 days

PB

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
Quote from: Bulldog0311
I've done the same thing man. Fucked up how altered our behavior was to please that addiction.
We got 10 days bro!
10 days of freedom bro! It feels really good.

Offline Bulldog0311

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/02/13
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »
7 days. Feeling great. Still withdrawing but who cares.

My wife just asked me to run an errand. I jumped and said no problem. Then I remembered I quit and now I don't want to go. Pretty funny how that shit controls your life.
I've done the same thing man. Fucked up how altered our behavior was to please that addiction.
We got 10 days bro!

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
How is this for a trigger?....I have to pass Kodiak St every morning and every night to get to/from work.  Then I pass my old dip store 100 ft later. 

I'm considering sawing the street sign down.

9 days.  I got this.
Or... Leave it and stop to take a piss on it every now and then. Or frequently... Your call.
In the first week of my quit I rode in my buddy's car 45 minutes to our Sporting Clay league. He dipped the whole way and his tin was on the center console, inches from my arm. Then, when we got there, all of the other shooters on my team had big fatties in and even held out an open can to offer me a pinch. The ride home was a bit easier, because I had just passed a couple of tests and my confidence was rising. This was a sign of things to come, and before long I welcomed temptation like Lt Clnl Kilgore facing the battlefield in Apocalypse Now.

As you face triggers/temptation/withdrawal, you'll want to claw your eyes out sometimes and you'll be just fine others. But in every case, you will not cave and you will be stronger because of it.

Soon that sign will be a reminder of how big of a badass you are.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
How is this for a trigger?....I have to pass Kodiak St every morning and every night to get to/from work. Then I pass my old dip store 100 ft later.

9 days. I got this.

Or... Leave it and stop to take a piss on it every now and then. Or frequently... Your call.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
How is this for a trigger?....I have to pass Kodiak St every morning and every night to get to/from work. Then I pass my old dip store 100 ft later.

9 days. I got this.

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
7 days. Feeling great. Still withdrawing but who cares.

My wife just asked me to run an errand. I jumped and said no problem. Then I remembered I quit and now I don't want to go. Pretty funny how that shit controls your life.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »
Quote from: duathman
Quote from: bigbamadan
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Here is a brief timeline on how my quit is going, I'm not sure if it's helpful or not but I made it for another new quitter and he seemed to like it.
Thanks for the advice. I am doing ok now. I have been here before. Over the 20+ years I have been dipping I think I may have made it to day 30 quit several times. That's when I always blow it.

I'm 5 days and Im not saying its easy but in a way it is. The hard part is when I get "comfortable" down the road. I am preparing myself to be ready for that. This community is the first time I have ever had support from people that understand. I'm feeling confident. This is also the first time that I am angry at my addiction. Fucking hate it. Im so fucking mad at it. So sick and tired of it. I will never use tobacco again.
you got this pbrian. we are here to help. every step of the way. as you have learned from your past breaks -- becoming complacent is the quickest way to throw away all you struggled to obtain. one day at a time. it can be done.
pbrain i bet you are really confused by the guy "bigbamadan" with a phillip fulmer avatar. Let me say that his advise on here is much better than his choice of football teams. He seems to be a little 'Crazy'

Anyway complacency comes when you aren't ready to be quit. You wander away from this site thinking you are cured and then she pops in and hooks you back into slavery. Never forget why you are quit.
Your in a good place, we are all quitting with you. Worry not about your previous stoppages. Take this quit one day at a time. I can't tell you I will be quit next year, but I can assure you that I will not dip today, due to two reasons, I refuse to break my word, and I have given you my promise by posting roll today. ODAAT has me at 221 days of freedom after dipping a can a day of cope for 20+ years. Don't want to get complacent, burn it into your addict brain you will not miss roll for any reason. I simply refuse to mis roll. And keep your word no matter what, I refuse to falter my promise to the brotherhood. Do this and complacency will not be an issue. You got this! I quit with you. Erussell 221
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »
Quote from: bigbamadan
Here is a brief timeline on how my quit is going, I'm not sure if it's helpful or not but I made it for another new quitter and he seemed to like it.
Thanks for the advice. I am doing ok now. I have been here before. Over the 20+ years I have been dipping I think I may have made it to day 30 quit several times. That's when I always blow it.

I'm 5 days and Im not saying its easy but in a way it is. The hard part is when I get "comfortable" down the road. I am preparing myself to be ready for that. This community is the first time I have ever had support from people that understand. I'm feeling confident. This is also the first time that I am angry at my addiction. Fucking hate it. Im so fucking mad at it. So sick and tired of it. I will never use tobacco again.
you got this pbrian. we are here to help. every step of the way. as you have learned from your past breaks -- becoming complacent is the quickest way to throw away all you struggled to obtain. one day at a time. it can be done.
pbrain i bet you are really confused by the guy "bigbamadan" with a phillip fulmer avatar. Let me say that his advise on here is much better than his choice of football teams. He seems to be a little 'Crazy'

Anyway complacency comes when you aren't ready to be quit. You wander away from this site thinking you are cured and then she pops in and hooks you back into slavery. Never forget why you are quit.

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »

Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »