Author Topic: I quit on 12/2/13  (Read 10836 times)

Offline Bulldog0311

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/02/13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I quit on 12/2/13
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
Quote from: pbrain04
I just quit. I don't even like to admit how many years I have been chewing tobacco or how many times I have tried to quit and failed. I always just figured I would not be addicted to dip at some point in my life. The years continue to roll by and my addiction just never disappeared. The years just keep rolling and I just keep dipping.

I have a family now and I don't want to die. If I don't stop I am going to die. My family needs me. I want to see my boys grow up.

I'm so tired of hiding and the guilt. I dip in the office at my desk thinking nobody knows. Well turns out people did know and they just didn't say anything. They have known for a long time and I was finally confronted. I dip on the train ride to work and spit in a dunkin donuts cup thinking no one knows. My 5 year old drank out of a spitter last week and my 2 year old ate a chunk off the floor a couple days ago. I felt so badly about doing this to my babies...so bad that I had to go outside to do some "chores" and have a big dip. I'm tired of "reading the paper" in the bathroom or running errands and telling my wife it took so long because there was traffic. I'm tired of paying $13 for a tin of Kodiak...yeah $13. That isn't a typo. Kodiak costs $13 a tin where I live. I am tired of going to bed 1/2 hour after my wife so I can have my last dip. I am tired of getting excited when my wife takes a shower because that's 5-10 minutes of dipping. I am tired of waking up in the middle of the night wondering if I have oral cancer.

I'm just so tired of chewing tobacco. I am so done with it.

I am three days in. I am experiencing extreme anxiety and I am beyond constipated. I feel slightly drunk.

It was weird leaving the house in the am and not having to find my tin. It was weird today getting coffee because I like coffee and not because I needed a spitter.

It feels different this time. I have failed so many times but this is the first time that I have just become fed up with my habit and quit on my own accord. It's only been a few days but this is the best I have ever felt about my chances. I will take it one day at a time.

Thank you for your support.

PBrain04 12/2/13
we got your back PBrain. Im on day four and you can do it. There are so many people on here who are over 100, 200, 500 and 1000 days. They did it and have left us a roadmap. Just sack up and follow along with us. Stay Strong Bro!

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
I quit on 12/2/13
« on: December 05, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
I just quit. I don't even like to admit how many years I have been chewing tobacco or how many times I have tried to quit and failed. I always just figured I would not be addicted to dip at some point in my life. The years continue to roll by and my addiction just never disappeared. The years just keep rolling and I just keep dipping.

I have a family now and I don't want to die. If I don't stop I am going to die. My family needs me. I want to see my boys grow up.

I'm so tired of hiding and the guilt. I dip in the office at my desk thinking nobody knows. Well turns out people did know and they just didn't say anything. They have known for a long time and I was finally confronted. I dip on the train ride to work and spit in a dunkin donuts cup thinking no one knows. My 5 year old drank out of a spitter last week and my 2 year old ate a chunk off the floor a couple days ago. I felt so badly about doing this to my babies...so bad that I had to go outside to do some "chores" and have a big dip. I'm tired of "reading the paper" in the bathroom or running errands and telling my wife it took so long because there was traffic. I'm tired of paying $13 for a tin of Kodiak...yeah $13. That isn't a typo. Kodiak costs $13 a tin where I live. I am tired of going to bed 1/2 hour after my wife so I can have my last dip. I am tired of getting excited when my wife takes a shower because that's 5-10 minutes of dipping. I am tired of waking up in the middle of the night wondering if I have oral cancer.

I'm just so tired of chewing tobacco. I am so done with it.

I am three days in. I am experiencing extreme anxiety and I am beyond constipated. I feel slightly drunk.

It was weird leaving the house in the am and not having to find my tin. It was weird today getting coffee because I like coffee and not because I needed a spitter.

It feels different this time. I have failed so many times but this is the first time that I have just become fed up with my habit and quit on my own accord. It's only been a few days but this is the best I have ever felt about my chances. I will take it one day at a time.

Thank you for your support.

PBrain04 12/2/13