Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Roy

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 8/11/14
  • Interests: Church, Family, and Running
  • Likes Given: 78
Re: Introduction
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 01:24:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Mike1966
Quote from: miker0351
Well, after few hours of bargaining with myself "Saturday is better" "screw that guy telling me if I wait til Saturday it won't happen...I'll show him that I can wait and still do it" and so on, I tossed what I had left and here I go. Day 1 Quit, just posted roll. Tired of being tied to my daily can of dirt. Side note - this Smokey Mountain stuff is absolutely horrible.
Congrats Mike
I couldn't do the Smokey Mountain either, though it works for lots of folks here. For me I'd put that stuff in my mouth and at 1st I'd think yeah! Then after a while my brain would say, "Hey! you ain't fool'n nobody with that stuff" I was always afraid it might be more of a trigger for me. Plus one of the things I like about not dipping is not having to talk around a mouth full of spit and spit cups all over the house(2 things!)

And the guys are right, and I'm sure you know it, there's never a right time to quit in the mind of an addict. It's like swimming and jumping into a pool of cold, cold water, you just got to do it!

Get to know folks in your group and exchange digits with them. There will be times you'll need to send someone a text to post roll for you, and there may be times when a text message to someone, when the going get rough, will be the only thing that saves your quit.

My digits are a PM away if you ever need them
Proud to be quit with you today
Day 116 Freedom feels 10 times better than the buzz from NIC!
That a boy! I'll quit with Edd ODAAT! One of the best damn decisions you've ever made. It's gonna suck until it don't. After 3 days or so the mental games will try to kick your ass. Come on here, text, call whatever just don't try it alone that's why all of us addicts are still here even these guy's with 2000 plus days, once an addict always an addict but with the help of Ktc we can keep our foot on the bitches throat! Damn proud of you and damn proud to quit with you! Digits a pm away
You are getting lots of good tips here, Mike. Congrats on one of the best decisions in your life!!
Hey, we already have something in common. 2 years ago today, I quit and never looked back.
I am 100% sure I would not still be quit today without the brotherhood and accountability here.
You've got my digits coming your way. Get to know your quit brothers in Nov 16!!
"Trying to quit and not using all that KTC has to offer is like jerking off with boxing gloves on. It MIGHT work but why make things more difficult than they have to be." - Greenspidy

"Dipping may be something distant in my rear view, addiction is not." - Boelker62

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike1966
Well, after few hours of bargaining with myself "Saturday is better" "screw that guy telling me if I wait til Saturday it won't happen...I'll show him that I can wait and still do it" and so on, I tossed what I had left and here I go. Day 1 Quit, just posted roll. Tired of being tied to my daily can of dirt. Side note - this Smokey Mountain stuff is absolutely horrible.
Congrats Mike
I couldn't do the Smokey Mountain either, though it works for lots of folks here. For me I'd put that stuff in my mouth and at 1st I'd think yeah! Then after a while my brain would say, "Hey! you ain't fool'n nobody with that stuff" I was always afraid it might be more of a trigger for me. Plus one of the things I like about not dipping is not having to talk around a mouth full of spit and spit cups all over the house(2 things!)

And the guys are right, and I'm sure you know it, there's never a right time to quit in the mind of an addict. It's like swimming and jumping into a pool of cold, cold water, you just got to do it!

Get to know folks in your group and exchange digits with them. There will be times you'll need to send someone a text to post roll for you, and there may be times when a text message to someone, when the going get rough, will be the only thing that saves your quit.

That a boy! I'll quit with Edd ODAAT! One of the best damn decisions you've ever made. It's gonna suck until it don't. After 3 days or so the mental games will try to kick your ass. Come on here, text, call whatever just don't try it alone that's why all of us addicts are still here even these guy's with 2000 plus days, once an addict always an addict but with the help of Ktc we can keep our foot on the bitches throat! Damn proud of you and damn proud to quit with you! Digits a pm away
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »
Congrats Mike

Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline HighTon

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 10:35:00 AM »
Nice work miker! This is the best decision you could have made.

Personally, I like the Hooch rough cut classic for my fake.

Offline baseballbrett

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »
I was definitely not "ready" to quit when I did. I even convinced myself I was going to have another one soon. My girlfriend was pissed at me, and it just was not a good time to dip around her. I made it through day 1, and I was working at home, alone. I could've easily gone and grabbed another can, but like Idaho spuds said, I started to hate nicotine. I started calling it names. I started remembering that my body never needed that shit anyway. I started taking back my life. I am now living in freedom from the nic bitch. I make my promise 24 hours at a time. I wish you well in your quit.

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Football (Go Pats), Really any sport, word and logic puzzles (crosswords, sudoku, etc), Movies (Love a good movie and willing to watch a bunch of bad ones to find the good ones)
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »
I see you lurkin, Mike... You know its time. We get it.

I described the feeling like I was about to jump off a cliff, in the dark, blindfolded. Everything we thought we knew, everything we thought we were... Its all a lie we tell ourselves while the poison surges through our veins. Robbing us of money, our health and time.

Now is the time. This is the place. What do have to loose?

Offline HighTon

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 01:45:00 PM »
I would also like to add that the absolute worst part for me so far was the last hours leading up to the 72 hour mark. If that is true for you, then that would happen on Saturday if you quit now. If you wait until Saturday to quit and you actually do quit then you will go through the worst of it on Monday. Just dump it now.

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 01:41:00 PM »
Can't argue with what these other fine Quitters have told you. Sack up and dump your stash now and get to Quitting!

I was in your shoes 2048 days ago. I was a date. The guys here talked me into getting rid of my stuff. I did it. Was it easy? Nope. I even called my wife to get rid of anything that was at home.

But here I am....2000+ days later. You can be here to. But when you're "going" to Quit, tomorrow may never come.

What is 3 days worth to you? Your life?
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline HighTon

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 01:38:00 PM »
Dump that shit out and quit now! I know it is scary as hell; I was there 101 days ago. I promise if you quit today there will come a day in the near future that you will be glad you did. If you don't seize this quit now, you may wake up 5, 10, 25 years from now and regret not pulling the trigger when you had the chance.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »
How many tomorrow's until you sack up and say I'm done with this shit! Don't wait, that's one of the nic bitches favorite tools. You're an addict and you get this done or it will continue to rule your life. Why wait till Saturday, so you can suck on some more cat shit? I'll quit with you today but I will tell you, it's not for the weak. Let's do this!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 12:46:00 PM »
Hey Mike
Congrats on the decision to take back control of your life. There's nothing worse than having to jump every time the Nic Bitch snaps her fingers and says it's time for another fix. I'm at day 115, and while I'm nowhere near out of the woods yet I can tell you, the freedom I feel today is well worth the struggle you're about to endure the next few weeks. The backbone of the site is posting role every day early in the morning. You're giving your brothers and yourself the promise that you will remain free for the day. Then repeat the following day. We quit One Day At A Time.

Your quit group is November (you'll hit your 100 day mark in November) Here's a link to that group. Go ahead and post today (assuming your aren't using NIC in any form) November

Here's a vid on posting roll that's real helpful. PC how to post roll

Spend some time reading intros and HOF speeches. You'll find they'll strengthen your determination to quit as well as take your mind off of the withdrawal to some degree. There's no getting around the withdrawal 100%. It'll suck until it doesn't. But the freedom you'll experience on the other side is worth the agony!

You can do this.
Proud to be quit beside you today!
Mike1966 115 Days of freedom from the ball and chain
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 12:21:00 PM »
Hi all. Tried quitting a bunch of times before and looking forward to quitting with some help from my soon to be new friends here. I know there's no better day than today to quit, but I've set my quit date for Saturday. I've struggled time and again starting off on a weekday with work stresses and I think it's best for me to kick-off with a couple days at home.
The idea of the journey is pretty scary, somehow knowing that something that has been such a big part of my life for so long (even though I know it will be good) kinda freaks me out. I'd love to hear tips and pointers to make it through those rough minutes/hours/days where it just seems impossible to fight through. Anyway, looking forward to killing the can in my life.
Ahhh setting quit dates... maybe Saturday, maybe not
I tried setting dates too, after this can, after my birthday, new years day, birth of first son, birth of second son, for 18 years...
Advice, quit today and learn to hate your addiction, get pissed, and knuckle down.
This site works, if you use it.

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Football (Go Pats), Really any sport, word and logic puzzles (crosswords, sudoku, etc), Movies (Love a good movie and willing to watch a bunch of bad ones to find the good ones)
  • Likes Given: 25
Introduction
« on: August 10, 2016, 11:36:00 AM »
Hi all. Tried quitting a bunch of times before and looking forward to quitting with some help from my soon to be new friends here. I know there's no better day than today to quit, but I've set my quit date for Saturday. I've struggled time and again starting off on a weekday with work stresses and I think it's best for me to kick-off with a couple days at home.
The idea of the journey is pretty scary, somehow knowing that something that has been such a big part of my life for so long (even though I know it will be good) kinda freaks me out. I'd love to hear tips and pointers to make it through those rough minutes/hours/days where it just seems impossible to fight through. Anyway, looking forward to killing the can in my life.