Author Topic: Quitting for good! Any advice?  (Read 2566 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
Re: Quitting for good! Any advice?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 05:56:47 PM »
Thanks guys, y’all are right. Already had my dip today, so it starts tomorrow. Going to man up and go through with it. Thanks for being “hard” on me. 10 days was just a way for me to drag it out!
Soooo???

Was that a lot of talk or are you going to actually man up?

Looks like it was all talk and no action on the part of @Bws1989 .  Tomorrow never comes if you keep putting it off till tomorrow.  Quit TODAY, RIGHT NOW!!!  Dump the shit and post roll, its not rocket science, it just takes a decision from you.  Do you want to be free or do you want to continue slowly killing yourself being nicotine's bitch?

We can't quit for you but we can help you quit.  The choice is yours.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 05:09:36 PM »
Thanks guys, y’all are right. Already had my dip today, so it starts tomorrow. Going to man up and go through with it. Thanks for being “hard” on me. 10 days was just a way for me to drag it out!
Soooo???

Was that a lot of talk or are you going to actually man up?
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 10:25:55 PM »

@Bws1989
So throw that shit out and go post a day 1 in May. Come back tomorrow and post again. Stop putting off what you know you should do. You can do this and we are here to help.
@Bws1989 check out this introduction from a guy I know real well. Posted this 1280 days ago. This place works if you do the work
https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=12816.msg568312#msg568312

Good decision @Bws1989.  Make sure to post roll in the May '20 group:
https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16257.0

Happy to have you aboard brother.

Offline Miker0351

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Football (Go Pats), Really any sport, word and logic puzzles (crosswords, sudoku, etc), Movies (Love a good movie and willing to watch a bunch of bad ones to find the good ones)
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 09:55:39 PM »

@Bws1989
So throw that shit out and go post a day 1 in May. Come back tomorrow and post again. Stop putting off what you know you should do. You can do this and we are here to help.
@Bws1989 check out this introduction from a guy I know real well. Posted this 1280 days ago. This place works if you do the work
https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=12816.msg568312#msg568312

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1951
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 09:43:55 PM »

@Bws1989
Jan19

Offline Bws1989

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 09:34:40 PM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 08:33:52 PM »
Hey guys, I’m sure that there is all kind of information on this site that would be very helpful. At the moment I don’t have time to go through them.

I’ve been dipping for about 12 years, about a can a day(or more). Finally fed up with it. Today is Tuesday and I have had 4 total dips since Saturday. (Normally I would have 4 or more in a single day)

I’m planning on having 1 dip a day for 10 more days and then putting it down completely. I’ve tried to just stop cold turkey and I haven’t succeeded .

On to my questions, does anyone recommend and kind of things like Bacoff ?

Also I am pretty positive I am already having withdrawals. Had a slight headache for 2 days, I actually feel nauseated, my appetite has kind of gone down, but have been craving sweets which I never eat, also dizziness, anxiety, and my face has been getting hot flashes from time to time. Does this seem normal ? Thanks to everyone for the replies. Hope I can kick the can for good .
I might as well be the first to burst your bubble and give you a dose of reality...

You’re doomed to fail.
Stepping down never works, man. Eventually you have to go cold turkey. That’s what quitting means. Even if it’s eventual... you have to cease at some damn point. Man up and rip that bandaid off right now. Quit right now.

Right. Now.

You’re an an addict... nicotine owns you. What happens when you get to your “quit date” and you chicken out... again? See, when you’re an addict, tomorrow always breeds another tomorrow. Fear hits you... anxiety slaps you... you stub your toe... your morning bm wasn’t quite awesome enough... you had a fight with your wife... your dog died. Addicts find excuses to keep using. That’s how it goes.

Quit. Now.

What happens when, over the next few days as you continue to dip, those hopefully healthy skin cells in your lip decide they’ve had enough and turn cancerous? How do you know the next dip isn’t that one that turns the corner and makes your life one big hell? Stop playing roulette.

Quit. Now.

Man up and own it. If you want it... do it. Stop whining that cold turkey is hard. Hell yes, it’s hard! But that’s how we do here. It’s the ONLY method we choose and advocate. Dude, I dipped for 25 years, 2 cans a day for a good chunk of it. April 17, 2013 I decided to quit. Joined this site, chucked it all, and never looked back. I owned it. 2,492 days today.

Quit. Now.

BW,

AppleJack speaks truth.  The time to quit is NOW.  Go flush whatever you have left down the toilet (unless you're on septic, then go out side, open all the cans and throw the contents straight up and let the wind take it), then burn the cans so you're not tempted to lick them clean.

Once you have properly dispossed of all nicotine in your possesion and house, head on over to the May 2020 Pre-HOF Quit Group and learn how to post roll.  Posting roll is making a promise to yourself and all of us that you will abstain from any kind of nicotine product for 24 hours.  The process is simple:

1. Wake Up in the Morning
2. Piss
3. Post your promise
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

This is called WUPP (Wake Up, Piss, Post) and is our Mantra. 

After you post roll, start to get to know your fellow quitters in May, exchange phone numbers through "private message" (this is how we hold each other accountable.  It seems weird at first but but it wont after a couple days.).  Those phone numbers give you instant access to support when you need it.  Actually, someone in that group just caved today and if he had used the one phone number he had instead of going to by that can, he would not have caved.  I recommend getting everyone's phone number in your group and some of the vets as well.  My number is yours for the asking.

Read everything you can in here, learn about your addiction.  It will make your quit stronger.

Quit on brother,

Chris

I love you guys. These posts are awesome.

I stopped every day for about 20 years. Then I found this place and guys like the 2 of you told me to man up and quit. 2,606 days of freedom.

This plan works.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 08:27:08 PM »
Hey guys, I’m sure that there is all kind of information on this site that would be very helpful. At the moment I don’t have time to go through them.

I’ve been dipping for about 12 years, about a can a day(or more). Finally fed up with it. Today is Tuesday and I have had 4 total dips since Saturday. (Normally I would have 4 or more in a single day)

I’m planning on having 1 dip a day for 10 more days and then putting it down completely. I’ve tried to just stop cold turkey and I haven’t succeeded .

Also I am pretty positive I am already having withdrawals. Had a slight headache for 2 days, I actually feel nauseated, my appetite has kind of gone down, but have been craving sweets which I never eat, also dizziness, anxiety, and my face has been getting hot flashes from time to time. Does this seem normal ? Thanks to everyone for the replies. Hope I can kick the can for good .
I might as well be the first to burst your bubble and give you a dose of reality...

You’re doomed to fail.
Stepping down never works, man. Eventually you have to go cold turkey. That’s what quitting means. Even if it’s eventual... you have to cease at some damn point. Man up and rip that bandaid off right now. Quit right now.

Right. Now.

You’re an an addict... nicotine owns you. What happens when you get to your “quit date” and you chicken out... again? See, when you’re an addict, tomorrow always breeds another tomorrow. Fear hits you... anxiety slaps you... you stub your toe... your morning bm wasn’t quite awesome enough... you had a fight with your wife... your dog died. Addicts find excuses to keep using. That’s how it goes.

Quit. Now.

What happens when, over the next few days as you continue to dip, those hopefully healthy skin cells in your lip decide they’ve had enough and turn cancerous? How do you know the next dip isn’t that one that turns the corner and makes your life one big hell? Stop playing roulette.

Quit. Now.

Man up and own it. If you want it... do it. Stop whining that cold turkey is hard. Hell yes, it’s hard! But that’s how we do here. It’s the ONLY method we choose and advocate. Dude, I dipped for 25 years, 2 cans a day for a good chunk of it. April 17, 2013 I decided to quit. Joined this site, chucked it all, and never looked back. I owned it. 2,492 days today.

Quit. Now.

@Bws1989 ,

AppleJack speaks truth.  The time to quit is NOW.  Go flush whatever you have left down the toilet (unless you're on septic, then go out side, open all the cans and throw the contents straight up and let the wind take it), then burn the cans so you're not tempted to lick them clean.

Once you have properly dispossed of all nicotine in your possesion and house, head on over to the May 2020 Pre-HOF Quit Group and learn how to post roll.  Posting roll is making a promise to yourself and all of us that you will abstain from any kind of nicotine product for 24 hours.  The process is simple:

1. Wake Up in the Morning
2. Piss
3. Post your promise
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

This is called WUPP (Wake Up, Piss, Post) and is our Mantra. 

After you post roll, start to get to know your fellow quitters in May, exchange phone numbers through "private message" (this is how we hold each other accountable.  It seems weird at first but but it wont after a couple days.).  Those phone numbers give you instant access to support when you need it.  Actually, someone in that group just caved today and if he had used the one phone number he had instead of going to by that can, he would not have caved.  I recommend getting everyone's phone number in your group and some of the vets as well.  My number is yours for the asking.

Read everything you can in here, learn about your addiction.  It will make your quit stronger.

Quit on brother,

Chris

P.S. Your symptoms are normal and will get worse before they get better once you actually get off the cat shit.  A lot of guys use the fake stuff like Bacoff to help with the craves.  I only used sunflower seeds myself.  As long as it does not have tobacco or nicotine in it, use whatever works.  Read the label carefully though to make sure.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:32:51 PM by chris2alaska »
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 08:15:03 PM »

You’re doomed to fail.

Right. Now.

Quit. Now.

Quit. Now.

Quit. Now.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Bws1989

• Likes Given: 0
Quitting for good! Any advice?
« on: February 11, 2020, 07:57:38 PM »