Author Topic: Drilla Quit - Intro  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Daviddim

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2020-02-05
  • Likes Given: 204
Re: Drilla Quit - Intro
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 01:07:13 PM »
Since I posted in the wrong area, here is my intro.  Note: I am 21 days into my quit.

I am a long time tobacco user.  Roughly half my life I’ve smoked cigarettes, cigars, and mainly chewed Grizzly Wintergreen Long cut.

Very similar to everyone else’s story my dip usage started gradually.  “Only when I do X or Y.”  Well, the X or Y....turned into all day everyday while I was awake.  I got so proficient at my habit I learned how to top lip so I could eat and dip at the same time.

I tried nicotine gum, patches, and even switched to pouches “because they aren’t as bad for me.”  Anyways, I made the decision to quit and I think the cold turkey methodology on this website makes a lot of sense to me.  (The other methods actually increased my nicotine use)

I am fighting through the fog and look forward to beating this garbage with this random assortment of strangers.  The quit is still pretty tough, but I feel like I got it this time.

Drilla
@

It’s gets much better just give it time. ODAAT and let those days add up. Shoot me a PM with digits if you want help with support and accountability. Strength in numbers.
Yep, it's tough, but that doesn't stop us. That's no reason to quit quitting because it's tough. That's what makes it valuable to us. We push through, one day at a time, one crave at a time, one minute at a time. Break it down to the most manageable unit of time and you'll get through it. We're here to help you get through it alongside you. So get those phone numbers and use them. Some people call, some people text, some send smoke signals-- the point is, nobody caves when they are in direct contact with a brother.  Make your promise as soon as you can every day. Repeat.

@Drilla 88

Let’s work together on SSOA and hold our group accountable, just another thing to add to the foundation of your quit. Let me know if you’re interested!
Daviddim

"The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics is wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope."

"One more is right back where you were, and where you were was desparately wishing you were where you are now"

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 08:46:23 PM »
Since I posted in the wrong area, here is my intro.  Note: I am 21 days into my quit.

I am a long time tobacco user.  Roughly half my life I’ve smoked cigarettes, cigars, and mainly chewed Grizzly Wintergreen Long cut.

Very similar to everyone else’s story my dip usage started gradually.  “Only when I do X or Y.”  Well, the X or Y....turned into all day everyday while I was awake.  I got so proficient at my habit I learned how to top lip so I could eat and dip at the same time.

I tried nicotine gum, patches, and even switched to pouches “because they aren’t as bad for me.”  Anyways, I made the decision to quit and I think the cold turkey methodology on this website makes a lot of sense to me.  (The other methods actually increased my nicotine use)

I am fighting through the fog and look forward to beating this garbage with this random assortment of strangers.  The quit is still pretty tough, but I feel like I got it this time.

Drilla
@

It’s gets much better just give it time. ODAAT and let those days add up. Shoot me a PM with digits if you want help with support and accountability. Strength in numbers.
Yep, it's tough, but that doesn't stop us. That's no reason to quit quitting because it's tough. That's what makes it valuable to us. We push through, one day at a time, one crave at a time, one minute at a time. Break it down to the most manageable unit of time and you'll get through it. We're here to help you get through it alongside you. So get those phone numbers and use them. Some people call, some people text, some send smoke signals-- the point is, nobody caves when they are in direct contact with a brother.  Make your promise as soon as you can every day. Repeat.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1858
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 07:53:49 PM »

Drilla
@

Jan19

Offline Drilla 88

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 14
Drilla Quit - Intro
« on: February 16, 2020, 07:44:44 PM »

Drilla