Author Topic: Ready to enjoy life without dip  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
Re: Ready to enjoy life without dip
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 06:16:21 PM »
@JLit .... @Sand44 said everything pretty well. I was a ninja dipper as well. I went a step further and flat out lied to my wife about it. I’d tell her I was quit. Sooner or later she’d find evidence and I’d lie again. In the end, I had to make the decision for me. That’s the important part. It has to be for you. That’s the only way it will last. We all have your back as long as you are honest with us. Reach out to us before you even consider caving in and taking another nicotine hit. My digits are only a PM away as well. Remember to make your promise as soon as you wake up. That’s key here. Ask questions. Post. Ask more questions. Form relationships here. It helps a lot. Let’s get this journey going brother!!!! Just let me add too...my quit date was my 40th b-day as well. It was time to grow up!!

Same here brotha. I’m only on day 3, but dammit I’m gonna do this shit. I haven’t cheated, and I’m bound and determined to make the HOF in January. You need something, there are plenty of us willing to listen. Just don’t give up!!! @JLit come back and start over if you have to, just don’t give up.

-Hunter4life

You guys had me scared that my early morning post did not go through.  I am good over here but appreciate all the follow ups!

Sorry bud!! I jumped on the bandwagon. I can’t stand to see someone caving while I’m still strong. Best wishes to you man!!!
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 04:58:52 PM »
@JLit .... @Sand44 said everything pretty well. I was a ninja dipper as well. I went a step further and flat out lied to my wife about it. I’d tell her I was quit. Sooner or later she’d find evidence and I’d lie again. In the end, I had to make the decision for me. That’s the important part. It has to be for you. That’s the only way it will last. We all have your back as long as you are honest with us. Reach out to us before you even consider caving in and taking another nicotine hit. My digits are only a PM away as well. Remember to make your promise as soon as you wake up. That’s key here. Ask questions. Post. Ask more questions. Form relationships here. It helps a lot. Let’s get this journey going brother!!!! Just let me add too...my quit date was my 40th b-day as well. It was time to grow up!!

Same here brotha. I’m only on day 3, but dammit I’m gonna do this shit. I haven’t cheated, and I’m bound and determined to make the HOF in January. You need something, there are plenty of us willing to listen. Just don’t give up!!! @JLit come back and start over if you have to, just don’t give up.

-Hunter4life

You guys had me scared that my early morning post did not go through.  I am good over here but appreciate all the follow ups!

I am really sorry bud lol...brandon is right under you and I got yall confused...I am very sorry.  On another note...congrats on being quit today LOL.
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline JLit

• Quitter
  • Interests: Sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 04:39:15 PM »

-Hunter4life

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 04:33:32 PM »

-Hunter4life
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 01:32:49 PM »
@JLit ...where you at bud....need to see your post and promise..reach out to your contacts for help...need that post buddy. 

Sorry bud I saw you posted my bad. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 01:43:59 PM by jsjohnson »

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 01:05:07 PM »
My name is Jason.  I have been chewing on and off since I was about 18 and I turn 40 next March. 

Like a lot of you I grew up in a farm town and the first dip was taken because one of my farming buddies asked if I wanted to try it. I did and that had me hooked.

Throughout the years I have quit and started back up over and over.  I have tried hypnosis, therapy, acupuncture and they (or I) have always failed.

I met my wife about 16 years ago and told her that I would quit chewing.  Didn’t happen I just hid it from her.  Kept telling her I would quit when we had kids and didn’t happen, I just kept hiding it from her.  I had said all along that I need a support group of people who chewed that can help me through this and so the last time she caught me chewing I did some research and found this site.

Today is my day 1 quit and I am ready to take back my life from dip.  I am ready to be able to be honest with my wife and not hide it from her anymore.  I am ready to quit for my kids so I can watch them grow old.  And I am ready to quit for myself.  No more Dip!!

We are in the same quit group....if you need me let me know...if you are gonna cave and go back on your promise...you had better call me or someone. 

I had been dipping 33 years until 12 days ago.....I quit for me...not my wife, not my kids, not anyone else....I quit for me and it takes one day at a time.  You can do this.

My HOF Speech

Offline campbellmi13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 148
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 10:25:33 AM »
Hi Jason,

Welcome to one of the best decisions you can make in life. I too was very much a ninja dipper and hated myself for it. When it was finally time to take back my life I fully embraced the accountability that KTC provides. Be sure to get your daily roll post promise in early every day. WUPP EDD (Wake Up Piss Post Every Damn Day) is the mantra here and it works as long as you stick with it. I ain't gonna lie, the first days and weeks suck! Read all that you can on the site about what to expect as your body rids itself of its dependence on the nicotine poison. Drink lots of water to help flush your system out. And most importantly get connected with other quitters who will be sending you their phone numbers. In addition to posting roll daily, texting your promise to stay quit to other quitters will be a huge help to you staying quit.

Michael

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 09:15:40 AM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:20:28 AM by Dawgs »

Offline Sand44

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: Oct 17, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1092
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 08:50:47 AM »
My name is Jason.  I have been chewing on and off since I was about 18 and I turn 40 next March. 

Like a lot of you I grew up in a farm town and the first dip was taken because one of my farming buddies asked if I wanted to try it. I did and that had me hooked.

Throughout the years I have quit and started back up over and over.  I have tried hypnosis, therapy, acupuncture and they (or I) have always failed.

I met my wife about 16 years ago and told her that I would quit chewing.  Didn’t happen I just hid it from her.  Kept telling her I would quit when we had kids and didn’t happen, I just kept hiding it from her.  I had said all along that I need a support group of people who chewed that can help me through this and so the last time she caught me chewing I did some research and found this site.

Today is my day 1 quit and I am ready to take back my life from dip.  I am ready to be able to be honest with my wife and not hide it from her anymore.  I am ready to quit for my kids so I can watch them grow old.  And I am ready to quit for myself.  No more Dip!!

Welcome Jason

You’ve come to the right place, and I’m glad to see you’ve made it on roll. This place will absolutely work, as long as you are ready to step up and really make an effort to understand how and why KTC works.

Your story is pretty much the exact same as many others on here.. we even have a term for it ..”ninja dipper.”   Coming clean to your wife will be essential here, it’s going to be a rough road, but this is the first step in coming to terms with your addiction.

Post roll every morning bright and early. This is your promise to remain nicotine free for the day.. because we take it one day at a time here ..forever is a scary word and just doesn’t resonate with us. Make an effort to reach out to your group members and vets alike, exchange digits, build up an accountability network..you’re going to need it. My digits are a PM away.

Proud to quit with you.
Sand44 - 361 days

Offline JLit

• Quitter
  • Interests: Sports
  • Likes Given: 6
Ready to enjoy life without dip
« on: October 12, 2019, 08:26:50 AM »