Author Topic: Bug Guy Intro  (Read 21668 times)

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
Re: Bug Guy Intro
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2020, 09:44:58 PM »
Hey @Bug Guy
Saw your post in May '20 saying you were out of here.  Hope you are just blowing smoke.  You are too valuable here to leave.  Please reconsider if that is what you meant.  We need your tenacity and commitment.  Please reach out if I can help.

PTBQWYT my firmed

~HAG
I appreciate you @EXBEARHAG . Right now I don't want to be here, but let's see what happens tomorrow.

QLAMFEDDWY
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2020, 09:31:51 PM »
Hey @Bug Guy
Saw your post in May '20 saying you were out of here.  Hope you are just blowing smoke.  You are too valuable here to leave.  Please reconsider if that is what you meant.  We need your tenacity and commitment.  Please reach out if I can help.

PTBQWYT my firmed

~HAG

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2020, 09:34:37 PM »
Posted my 1st roll on Jan 28th 2019, not long after, tried rallying the troops.....

Post roll for the guy to your left and to the guy to your right. We are all in this together.  I haven't been in this group since the beginning, but i will be damned if i let all of you guys down. I expect to be held to the same standard as all of you are being held to, and that is accountability.
In the Army we had a Warrior Ethos: I will always place the mission first, I will never accept defeat, I will never quit, and I will never leave a fallen comrade. Primary objective, staying quit. Not allowing nicotine to rule our lives, and never giving up on staying quit. Lastly, not allowing our brethren to be left behind in our fight in staying quit.
We must exhaust all avenues in keeping everyone on board and accountable. Don't try to be an individual, your are now a part of a whole, something greater than yourself. For those missing/ or being late to post roll, get your sorry asses in gear and GIFD! (Get It Fucking Done)

QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2020, 10:34:42 PM »
1 year ago today I said no more and killed the can. Feels great to no longer be her slave. Never thought i would make it here. But I'm proud of where I'm at today. Told my 15 yo son how long it's been and he just smiled. I was 2 years younger than him when I started, and I'm just so happy he has never been as dumb as me and become an addict. As long as he keeps it out of his veins, he will enjoy a life nic free without ever knowing the struggle of being an addict. He told me he will never partake in nicotine and for that I am grateful. He will be the one in a long line of nic abusers in my family to never allow it to enter his body. If my quitting 1 year ago helps him to avoid all of this, then it was most certainly worth it. Thank you KTC and all the wonderful family I've picked up along the way. I love you all, for making me a better me.
Bug,
I gotta say man. I’m proud of you! I’ve only met ya a few days ago, but it’s nice to have someone who’s as engaged as you in the forums and peoples introductions. It’s been a big impact so far these 5 days, and I hope to be like what you are to me, to someone else when I’m where you are now. A year down the road helping newbies quit for the new year. Thanks for helping us newbies, hope to make a friend outta you!

A-Aron
Damnit Aaron, you're alright in my book, no matter what the other newbies are saying about ya lol. Jk. I tell ya, I've had some great role models to look up to when I first joined 20 some odd days into my quit. Basically all the vets who are showing up in your group right now pledging support to you guys, thats who I had picking my ass up when I was feeling down. So I've tried to carry the torch and offer that same support to others. You know being an Army guy, when one guy falls, everyone falls in to help shoulder the load and lessen the burden. Basic fundamentals. When applied here, it really does work. But that makes me happy that I've been able to help at least one person. All I ask is that you do return the favor on down the road when your brothers or sisters can't be as strong. But I have to say, you're off to a great start. Be sure to check your inbox for my digits. PTQWYTB
Awesome stuff Bug! Keep doing what you're doing. You know it makes a difference; to your family, to newbies, to KTC.
Great job bug! Proud to be on your team. Keep on doing ODAAT
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2020, 07:19:43 PM »
1 year ago today I said no more and killed the can. Feels great to no longer be her slave. Never thought i would make it here. But I'm proud of where I'm at today. Told my 15 yo son how long it's been and he just smiled. I was 2 years younger than him when I started, and I'm just so happy he has never been as dumb as me and become an addict. As long as he keeps it out of his veins, he will enjoy a life nic free without ever knowing the struggle of being an addict. He told me he will never partake in nicotine and for that I am grateful. He will be the one in a long line of nic abusers in my family to never allow it to enter his body. If my quitting 1 year ago helps him to avoid all of this, then it was most certainly worth it. Thank you KTC and all the wonderful family I've picked up along the way. I love you all, for making me a better me.
Bug,
I gotta say man. I’m proud of you! I’ve only met ya a few days ago, but it’s nice to have someone who’s as engaged as you in the forums and peoples introductions. It’s been a big impact so far these 5 days, and I hope to be like what you are to me, to someone else when I’m where you are now. A year down the road helping newbies quit for the new year. Thanks for helping us newbies, hope to make a friend outta you!

A-Aron
Damnit Aaron, you're alright in my book, no matter what the other newbies are saying about ya lol. Jk. I tell ya, I've had some great role models to look up to when I first joined 20 some odd days into my quit. Basically all the vets who are showing up in your group right now pledging support to you guys, thats who I had picking my ass up when I was feeling down. So I've tried to carry the torch and offer that same support to others. You know being an Army guy, when one guy falls, everyone falls in to help shoulder the load and lessen the burden. Basic fundamentals. When applied here, it really does work. But that makes me happy that I've been able to help at least one person. All I ask is that you do return the favor on down the road when your brothers or sisters can't be as strong. But I have to say, you're off to a great start. Be sure to check your inbox for my digits. PTQWYTB
Awesome stuff Bug! Keep doing what you're doing. You know it makes a difference; to your family, to newbies, to KTC.
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2020, 12:32:09 AM »
Bug,

A-Aron

Offline A-Aron

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Wake Up, Kick Ass, Do it all over again.
  • Quit Date: 2020-01-02
  • Interests: Gaming, Playing with my kids, Beautiful Wife, NCAA, Cornhusker Football GBR!
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2020, 12:02:01 AM »
Bug,

A-Aron
Proud To Be Quit With You Today

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk
beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.
Malcom X

My HoF Speech

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2020, 11:14:34 PM »

We love you too brother, you make this a better place.  Great job paying it forward.
Awesome Bug Guy! My kids were also a big reason for my quit. Every good dad wants to be a positive role model and I really let them down. I not only hid a terrible habit but lied about it. I just couldn’t do it anymore. This site has been awesome for me. I hit 10 weeks today and love reading stories like yours. Congrats brother on a year quit!
You are the man!  As good as you feel today, I promise so much more greatness is ahead!  Thank you for your leadership around here!!

Offline Cspence

• Quitter
  • Married father of 4
  • Quit Date: 10/20/2019
  • Interests: Golf, kids sports (mostly hockey), working out, fishing
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2020, 02:27:34 PM »

We love you too brother, you make this a better place.  Great job paying it forward.
Awesome Bug Guy! My kids were also a big reason for my quit. Every good dad wants to be a positive role model and I really let them down. I not only hid a terrible habit but lied about it. I just couldn’t do it anymore. This site has been awesome for me. I hit 10 weeks today and love reading stories like yours. Congrats brother on a year quit!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2020, 01:48:10 PM »

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2020, 03:26:05 AM »

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 09:07:33 PM »
Wow! Day 86 is the last time I made a post here. 307 days in and I must say....the vets were right when they said, "it does get better". Being nic free has been difficult, but well worth the struggle! What makes my quit so great, is getting to meet so many new quitters who are going through the same suck that i went through just over 300 days ago. And whether they know it or not, my getting to help them helps me just as much as it does them. We must keep paying it forward, that's how KTC works so well. Its has saved my life, hopefully it will save yours.

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 09:17:07 PM »
Bug,

Dropping in to give ya some Love Brother, Congrats on being over 100 Days! Thank you for your daily support in May 19. You are a Badass Quitter and one I am proud to call a Brother! On Day at a time, we do this together!

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 10:27:09 AM »
So here i am, 86 days into my quit, and feeling pretty damn good. But also in the back of mind, still upset that my words help give that nudge to push a fellow quit brother out the door of ktc. I have spoken with him and we have made amends. He promised that he is still quit, but just doesn't care for the amount of negativity around this site, his words. I don't see trying to keep fellow brothers honest in their quit as negative. But that is my own personal point of view. I know i am not solely responsible for his leaving us, he made that decision. In fact, he had thought about it early on in his quit and had seemed to have already had his mind made up. But like i said, his exodus came to fruition due to my confrontation with him, and for that i am truly sorry.

But on a side note, I'm extremely proud, grateful, and honored to be a part of the APRIL BMFERS!  In 5 days we will have our first 2 bad ass mother fuckers of quit boarding that HOF train, and I couldn't be more excited for this moment. More so than my own. Yeah it's really cool i will be 100 days really soon too, but it's you guys who i am most excited for, a bunch of strangers who took me into their ranks and made me feel like family. You truly are my brothers, who helped save my life. I love you guys for it, and will never forget you as long as i have breath in my body
There are no shortage of excuses.  He sought for and found one. I'd rather he stuck it out to 100 instead of using you as an excuse to leave.  As much as I love you (and I do love you in all of your hot manliness!) I do not give you power to make my decisions for me.  That I save just for me. Glad you stuck it out and didn't throw in the towel because he did.  If we all take our ball and go home, there's no game at all.
Quitting with you again today!
Thanks Athan, you always have a way of words. Love you too, even though you're Navy lol.  But in all seriousness, I know I don't make anyone's decisions, I get that. The point was that HE decided to call it quits after MY confrontation with him. Yes, I didn't make that decision for him, but I did help give him that nudge that we all believe he was needing. Sucks I had to be the one to do it. I do hope he stays quit even without this site, though the odds say otherwise. Maybe one day he will return and fully embrace this site and find guys like you Athan, who make it worth coming back to. I truly enjoy the bonds and friendships that have been created through this site, there isn't a bunch of assholes I would rather be around than you guys!
I came from a quitting support group site where accountability was allowed to take a back seat. The results have not been good. Abysmal, in fact. That is why I came over to KTC. I know accountability is a crucial aspect of quitting. Without it, the whole thing falls apart. Without it, places like KTC would not exist, and I would probably have a fat lipper in at the moment or be dead instead sitting here writing this.

I have been on the same end of those confrontations where someone decides to leave the site on account of me insisting on accountability. I have felt like shit about it many times. Still do. However, I still choose the potential confrontation over keeping my mouth shut. Accountability is life or death for us. I thank you for defending it as such.

The so-called 'negativity' on the site is all how one looks at it. I do not see any negativity directed towards people who are not messing around. Anything that can be construed as 'negative' is basically calling someone out for not meeting the expectations of KTC or the group. Yeah, sometimes harsh language is used, but that is what usually gets an addict's attention. That's something to keep in mind--when we are calling someone out for not meeting KTC's or the group's expectations--we are addressing the deceitful, lying addict. The addiction co-opts our brains so that we can't differentiate lies from reality. The addict is running the show, but we are not even aware of it. I am also sure the addiction hides with, and is closely intertwined with, the ego. One of the unstated features I see in this KTC quitting business is the proper amount of dissolution of the ego. If you cannot dissolve it enough, you are probably going to be miserable until you sooner or later go back to using again. And then be miserable while using. In my case, 7 more years of misery brought me to my knees and to the point where I was willing to let go of the hate I had for quit sites and quit groups and to buy into the system.

One thing you hear all the time is something to the effect of: "You gotta be all in for this to work." Just think what that is really saying. That is a revolutionary statement. My life changed the second I comprehended that it meant exactly what it said. Some addicts are still not willing to go all in, and their actions and attitudes will reflect that. It is pretty obvious most of the time. That is why retreads are worked over good and well. We want to make sure they are buying into the system 100%, and not repeating same old minimal effort thing. Sometimes, we get fooled again because we have to rely on their words before their actions.
This is why i love this site and the great group of people who bring such a vaste wealth of knowledge! You couldn't be more right about the addict inside ALL of us. Unfortunately it controls some of us more so than it does others. But as long as we, to touch on your last point, "buy in 100%", we can lean on each other and beat the nic bitch back together. But a lot of guys fear committing themselves 100%, whether it's due to previous failures, fear of letting down those around them, or just creating themselves that escape hatch just in case. I stress it at home with my kids and at work with my employees, don't tell me what you are going to do, just prove it by doing it. I thank you for sharing your wisdom, and look forward to another 100 with you, but of course, ODAAT
Keep kicking ass man!  It's a constant battle with daily celebrations of small victories.  As long as it is always moving forward, each day is in the "win" column!
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2019, 07:55:53 PM »
So here i am, 86 days into my quit, and feeling pretty damn good. But also in the back of mind, still upset that my words help give that nudge to push a fellow quit brother out the door of ktc. I have spoken with him and we have made amends. He promised that he is still quit, but just doesn't care for the amount of negativity around this site, his words. I don't see trying to keep fellow brothers honest in their quit as negative. But that is my own personal point of view. I know i am not solely responsible for his leaving us, he made that decision. In fact, he had thought about it early on in his quit and had seemed to have already had his mind made up. But like i said, his exodus came to fruition due to my confrontation with him, and for that i am truly sorry.

But on a side note, I'm extremely proud, grateful, and honored to be a part of the APRIL BMFERS!  In 5 days we will have our first 2 bad ass mother fuckers of quit boarding that HOF train, and I couldn't be more excited for this moment. More so than my own. Yeah it's really cool i will be 100 days really soon too, but it's you guys who i am most excited for, a bunch of strangers who took me into their ranks and made me feel like family. You truly are my brothers, who helped save my life. I love you guys for it, and will never forget you as long as i have breath in my body
There are no shortage of excuses.  He sought for and found one. I'd rather he stuck it out to 100 instead of using you as an excuse to leave.  As much as I love you (and I do love you in all of your hot manliness!) I do not give you power to make my decisions for me.  That I save just for me. Glad you stuck it out and didn't throw in the towel because he did.  If we all take our ball and go home, there's no game at all.
Quitting with you again today!
Thanks Athan, you always have a way of words. Love you too, even though you're Navy lol.  But in all seriousness, I know I don't make anyone's decisions, I get that. The point was that HE decided to call it quits after MY confrontation with him. Yes, I didn't make that decision for him, but I did help give him that nudge that we all believe he was needing. Sucks I had to be the one to do it. I do hope he stays quit even without this site, though the odds say otherwise. Maybe one day he will return and fully embrace this site and find guys like you Athan, who make it worth coming back to. I truly enjoy the bonds and friendships that have been created through this site, there isn't a bunch of assholes I would rather be around than you guys!
I came from a quitting support group site where accountability was allowed to take a back seat. The results have not been good. Abysmal, in fact. That is why I came over to KTC. I know accountability is a crucial aspect of quitting. Without it, the whole thing falls apart. Without it, places like KTC would not exist, and I would probably have a fat lipper in at the moment or be dead instead sitting here writing this.

I have been on the same end of those confrontations where someone decides to leave the site on account of me insisting on accountability. I have felt like shit about it many times. Still do. However, I still choose the potential confrontation over keeping my mouth shut. Accountability is life or death for us. I thank you for defending it as such.

The so-called 'negativity' on the site is all how one looks at it. I do not see any negativity directed towards people who are not messing around. Anything that can be construed as 'negative' is basically calling someone out for not meeting the expectations of KTC or the group. Yeah, sometimes harsh language is used, but that is what usually gets an addict's attention. That's something to keep in mind--when we are calling someone out for not meeting KTC's or the group's expectations--we are addressing the deceitful, lying addict. The addiction co-opts our brains so that we can't differentiate lies from reality. The addict is running the show, but we are not even aware of it. I am also sure the addiction hides with, and is closely intertwined with, the ego. One of the unstated features I see in this KTC quitting business is the proper amount of dissolution of the ego. If you cannot dissolve it enough, you are probably going to be miserable until you sooner or later go back to using again. And then be miserable while using. In my case, 7 more years of misery brought me to my knees and to the point where I was willing to let go of the hate I had for quit sites and quit groups and to buy into the system.

One thing you hear all the time is something to the effect of: "You gotta be all in for this to work." Just think what that is really saying. That is a revolutionary statement. My life changed the second I comprehended that it meant exactly what it said. Some addicts are still not willing to go all in, and their actions and attitudes will reflect that. It is pretty obvious most of the time. That is why retreads are worked over good and well. We want to make sure they are buying into the system 100%, and not repeating same old minimal effort thing. Sometimes, we get fooled again because we have to rely on their words before their actions.
This is why i love this site and the great group of people who bring such a vaste wealth of knowledge! You couldn't be more right about the addict inside ALL of us. Unfortunately it controls some of us more so than it does others. But as long as we, to touch on your last point, "buy in 100%", we can lean on each other and beat the nic bitch back together. But a lot of guys fear committing themselves 100%, whether it's due to previous failures, fear of letting down those around them, or just creating themselves that escape hatch just in case. I stress it at home with my kids and at work with my employees, don't tell me what you are going to do, just prove it by doing it. I thank you for sharing your wisdom, and look forward to another 100 with you, but of course, ODAAT