Author Topic: General Discussion - 2016  (Read 41091 times)

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
Re: General Discussion - 2016
« Reply #581 on: October 17, 2016, 09:05:00 AM »
Quote from: jrshooter
Hello, all. Newbie here, five days since my last pinch of Skoal.

Here's my question. The first thing I did was to go out and buy nicotine gum at the drug store, and I've been using it. Is this a bad thing to wean off chew slowly with this? Should I try to divorce myself from the gum as quickly as possible, or should I follow through with a gradual process?

Thanks for any answers.
Nicotine gum contains nicotine.

What you've done is change delivery methods. (IE you're an alcoholic that's switched from Jack Daniel's to Miller Lite).

This gradual process can work for some people but we subscribe to the cold turkey method as we believe with ever fiber of our being that it's the best way to quit.

Throw the gum away, go cold turkey and post roll with your group. It will suck balls... but it will be worth it in the end.

Chewie
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline jrshooter

• Quit Date: 2016-10-11
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #580 on: October 17, 2016, 02:06:00 AM »
Hello, all. Newbie here, five days since my last pinch of Skoal.

Here's my question. The first thing I did was to go out and buy nicotine gum at the drug store, and I've been using it. Is this a bad thing to wean off chew slowly with this? Should I try to divorce myself from the gum as quickly as possible, or should I follow through with a gradual process?

Thanks for any answers.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #579 on: October 16, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »
Quote from: pky1520
Quote from: RickC
RickC here. I've thought about coming back to KTC for years now but haven't. I failed twice while on this site, but not because of KTC. As I get older I continue to get wiser...well, except for the 2 cans+ of Copenhagen Long Cut Straight shit I put in my lip every day...ok, there's probably a lot of other things as well. The hold dip has on me now, and has had on me for 20 years this month has to stop. How can a can of dip mean more to me than my kids, my wife, my family, friends, and myself? The fact that I've thought about quitting (and I've quit multiple times for a few weeks or months...actually most nights when I go to bed) for about as long as I've dipped proves the power this fucking shit has. Well, I've allowed it to have that power though. I'm a damn addict...not crack, heroin, etc., but it's the same thing for the most part. It controls my thoughts, my sleep, where I choose to go, when I can talk to someone, kiss my wife, what I eat or drink (because another dip is better after another beer or some food)...the list goes on and on.

I have stopped "blaming" dip a long time ago. I just accepted some things...that I am weak, a fucking pussy, not a quitter, I'll die of something anyway, it's too late to quit, i need it, I want it...there, that was it..."I WANT IT"!!!! It's not the dip, it's me. I am weak, but only because I have chosen to keep dipping, and allowed it to become so powerful that I no longer think straight. How did this happen? Where did Rick go? How could I be 40 years old dipping over 2 tins a day when just yesterday I was graduating from college, getting married, having beautiful kids, and telling myself that I would quit "tomorrow". Who am I now as a man that does not have the strength to stop something that he wants to stop? So, is dip really that powerful or am I just that weak? Well, I believe both. One can not survive without the other. It's a hell of a habit, and one I don't wish on anyone. I personally know people who have dipped for 25 years and can somehow have 1 or two dips a day...I can't do that. 25 year old me said he could and now I'm 40. I will not be 41 years old with that same mentality...been there and it doesn't work.

So, after all this nonsense rambling this late at night (FYI - wife just came out to the living room half asleep asking why I'm still up at 2am haha), all I really want to say is "Will KTC allow me to post day 1 on Sunday 10/16 when I'm one full day dip free? I let down a few people on here a couple years back and not sure they are still on here, but 2 names that enter my mind are MattyC and Sig...there were two others but I apologize because I can't remember and hopefully they may. Tomorrow will be a breeze, the next not so bad, the 3rd day hell begins...and then continues. I'm great at lasting through the fog...my wife knows I'm lying by the way :). Have a good night all, and thank you for reading some or even all of what I wrote. Hell, I could write forever ha. FYI - my username a couple years ago was "nolongeradipper"...what a jackass I am, right? Fuck Dip, but it's not dip it's me being a fucking pussy not having the balls to quit. Better late than never.

- RickC
Hey Rick, glad you're looking to quit and get serious.

There are a few things that you will need to do to build credibility on this site to the point that folks will help you.

1. You can't have multiple screen names. You'll need to come back with your original account and not use this one. That's actually a pretty major offense. As you were open about it, I assume that you didn't realize that, but I'm sure a Mod will reach out soon to explain. The idea is that you can't wipe away your history. You can move forward, but you can't forget why you failed last time. You'll need to explain why you chose to do that.

2. You need to post roll in the January group. Your "day 1" is the day that you last used. So even if you dipped this morning, your day one would start today if you committed to not use again. As you've been here before, I assume that you know about roll. Posting first thing daily is a requirement for use of this site.

3. As a caver, you will need to answer three questions to your new group and your old group. 1. What happened? 2. Why did it happen? 3. What will you do differently to prevent it from happening again? You seem to have most of those pieces thought out in this post, so you'll want to take those thoughts and put them in that three question format and post them in the January group and whatever group you were in before.

4. You need to be 100% serious and ready to do this. Be on roll every single day, read everything and figure out how this site works. Reach out and help new people. As someone who has caved more than once and is now trying to come back with a new screen name, you are going to have a lot of folks who will flat out not give a shit about helping you. You're going to have to work extra hard to earn the respect and support that you will need in this quit.

Let me know if you need me to clarify anything. There is no luck involved here, so I won't wish you any. I will be rooting for you and I hope that you follow up.
After reading up on your old screen name, I see why you would want to start fresh - although that certainly doesn't excuse it. It was several years ago, so I seriously hope you've grown up like you said you have. If you pull the same kind of flaky crap this time around, you'll lose KTC as a resource.

You will need to have a good explanation as to why you did that, so make sure you've thought through what you're going to say before jumping in to a new group.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #578 on: October 16, 2016, 03:45:00 PM »
Quote from: RickC
RickC here. I've thought about coming back to KTC for years now but haven't. I failed twice while on this site, but not because of KTC. As I get older I continue to get wiser...well, except for the 2 cans+ of Copenhagen Long Cut Straight shit I put in my lip every day...ok, there's probably a lot of other things as well. The hold dip has on me now, and has had on me for 20 years this month has to stop. How can a can of dip mean more to me than my kids, my wife, my family, friends, and myself? The fact that I've thought about quitting (and I've quit multiple times for a few weeks or months...actually most nights when I go to bed) for about as long as I've dipped proves the power this fucking shit has. Well, I've allowed it to have that power though. I'm a damn addict...not crack, heroin, etc., but it's the same thing for the most part. It controls my thoughts, my sleep, where I choose to go, when I can talk to someone, kiss my wife, what I eat or drink (because another dip is better after another beer or some food)...the list goes on and on.

I have stopped "blaming" dip a long time ago. I just accepted some things...that I am weak, a fucking pussy, not a quitter, I'll die of something anyway, it's too late to quit, i need it, I want it...there, that was it..."I WANT IT"!!!! It's not the dip, it's me. I am weak, but only because I have chosen to keep dipping, and allowed it to become so powerful that I no longer think straight. How did this happen? Where did Rick go? How could I be 40 years old dipping over 2 tins a day when just yesterday I was graduating from college, getting married, having beautiful kids, and telling myself that I would quit "tomorrow". Who am I now as a man that does not have the strength to stop something that he wants to stop? So, is dip really that powerful or am I just that weak? Well, I believe both. One can not survive without the other. It's a hell of a habit, and one I don't wish on anyone. I personally know people who have dipped for 25 years and can somehow have 1 or two dips a day...I can't do that. 25 year old me said he could and now I'm 40. I will not be 41 years old with that same mentality...been there and it doesn't work.

So, after all this nonsense rambling this late at night (FYI - wife just came out to the living room half asleep asking why I'm still up at 2am haha), all I really want to say is "Will KTC allow me to post day 1 on Sunday 10/16 when I'm one full day dip free? I let down a few people on here a couple years back and not sure they are still on here, but 2 names that enter my mind are MattyC and Sig...there were two others but I apologize because I can't remember and hopefully they may. Tomorrow will be a breeze, the next not so bad, the 3rd day hell begins...and then continues. I'm great at lasting through the fog...my wife knows I'm lying by the way :). Have a good night all, and thank you for reading some or even all of what I wrote. Hell, I could write forever ha. FYI - my username a couple years ago was "nolongeradipper"...what a jackass I am, right? Fuck Dip, but it's not dip it's me being a fucking pussy not having the balls to quit. Better late than never.

- RickC
Hey Rick, glad you're looking to quit and get serious.

There are a few things that you will need to do to build credibility on this site to the point that folks will help you.

1. You can't have multiple screen names. You'll need to come back with your original account and not use this one. That's actually a pretty major offense. As you were open about it, I assume that you didn't realize that, but I'm sure a Mod will reach out soon to explain. The idea is that you can't wipe away your history. You can move forward, but you can't forget why you failed last time. You'll need to explain why you chose to do that.

2. You need to post roll in the January group. Your "day 1" is the day that you last used. So even if you dipped this morning, your day one would start today if you committed to not use again. As you've been here before, I assume that you know about roll. Posting first thing daily is a requirement for use of this site.

3. As a caver, you will need to answer three questions to your new group and your old group. 1. What happened? 2. Why did it happen? 3. What will you do differently to prevent it from happening again? You seem to have most of those pieces thought out in this post, so you'll want to take those thoughts and put them in that three question format and post them in the January group and whatever group you were in before.

4. You need to be 100% serious and ready to do this. Be on roll every single day, read everything and figure out how this site works. Reach out and help new people. As someone who has caved more than once and is now trying to come back with a new screen name, you are going to have a lot of folks who will flat out not give a shit about helping you. You're going to have to work extra hard to earn the respect and support that you will need in this quit.

Let me know if you need me to clarify anything. There is no luck involved here, so I won't wish you any. I will be rooting for you and I hope that you follow up.

Offline RickC

« Reply #577 on: October 15, 2016, 02:25:00 AM »

- RickC

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #576 on: October 14, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: davsaf
Hello all. New member...still trying to figure out how to work the site, but reading the posts is inspiring.
Been off and on with Copenhagen for about 20 years. A can every 2 or 3 days. More on than off, but did have a 2 year quit and can't really even remember why I stated again. Probably one of those "I'll get a can for just the weekend" thoughts.
Heading into Day 7 of my quit. I have no cravings what-so-ever and really ready to be done with this beast. Fog was noticeably better today, but still fighting insomnia and pretty severe anxiety. Don't drink more than a few beers a month and never smoked, but I find myself checking my mouth several times a day. Never had the leukoplakia patches or mouth pain in 20 years, but that's doing very little to ease my anxiety over the big C. Just wondering what others deal with. Is this an over-reaction to the anxiety of withdrawal that eases over time? KTC benefits timeline aside, there is very little information I've been able to find on cancer risks after quitting. I see a lot of 30+ year users on the site, but no one seems to note any issues after their quit.
Take a read: topic/1010002/1

Anxiety eases over time, but it eases faster if you join a quit group because others are going through exactly what you are and that camaraderie can help big time.
Check out the welcome center:
forum/55560/

How we succed and stay quit is posting roll every day and being active on the site:
Here is your quit group: topic/30025780/51/#new

I checked my mouth like a detective for the first year, it didn't help just made me lose sleep and have anxiety.

I am 789 days quit, I still worry about the damage I inflicted on myself, but I see the dentist regularly and I know my body is healing.

Post roll and always be ready for the 'just one chew or can' thought to sneak up on you.
Idaho Spuds 789

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #575 on: October 14, 2016, 08:44:00 AM »
Quote from: davsaf
Hello all. New member...still trying to figure out how to work the site, but reading the posts is inspiring.
Been off and on with Copenhagen for about 20 years. A can every 2 or 3 days. More on than off, but did have a 2 year quit and can't really even remember why I stated again. Probably one of those "I'll get a can for just the weekend" thoughts.
Heading into Day 7 of my quit. I have no cravings what-so-ever and really ready to be done with this beast. Fog was noticeably better today, but still fighting insomnia and pretty severe anxiety. Don't drink more than a few beers a month and never smoked, but I find myself checking my mouth several times a day. Never had the leukoplakia patches or mouth pain in 20 years, but that's doing very little to ease my anxiety over the big C. Just wondering what others deal with. Is this an over-reaction to the anxiety of withdrawal that eases over time? KTC benefits timeline aside, there is very little information I've been able to find on cancer risks after quitting. I see a lot of 30+ year users on the site, but no one seems to note any issues after their quit.
Take a read: topic/1010002/1

Anxiety eases over time, but it eases faster if you join a quit group because others are going through exactly what you are and that camaraderie can help big time.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline davsaf

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-10-07
« Reply #574 on: October 14, 2016, 12:17:00 AM »

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #573 on: October 13, 2016, 06:28:00 PM »
Quote from: chewie
Quote from: hankiv
Does anyone here have ADHD? I haven't had a dip in 2 weeks, and I have been doing amazing! However, yesterday I took my ADHD meds and the cravings went through the roof!

Has anyone else had this experience? What can I do about it?
Hey Hank - I don't have ADHD but I'm sure there are some here that do. Hopefully someone will come along shortly to shed some light.

Congrats on two weeks of freedom!

Chewie
I fit that bill as do many other quitters. You need stimulants to help with ADHD. So when you took your meds with a fat lip of worm dirt washed down with coffee.... you felt good. Now your body is searching for that chemical cocktail.

You will be fine, it takes time. Post roll and find something else to do.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #572 on: October 13, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »
Quote from: hankiv
Does anyone here have ADHD? I haven't had a dip in 2 weeks, and I have been doing amazing! However, yesterday I took my ADHD meds and the cravings went through the roof!

Hey Hank - I don't have ADHD but I'm sure there are some here that do. Hopefully someone will come along shortly to shed some light.

Congrats on two weeks of freedom!

Chewie
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline hankiv

• Quit Date: 2016-09-28
« Reply #571 on: October 13, 2016, 12:06:00 PM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #570 on: October 13, 2016, 02:31:00 AM »
Quote from: dhoskins717
Glad to be part of the family. I had quit 9-16-2016 @ 0730. Had no intentions to quit, acid reflux was bothering me so I spit that juicy deliciousness in a trash can. Three hours go by... I didn't notice. After realizing I set a personal best I handed my Grizzly Wintergreen Long Cut to my buddy. Since that day, it's been an easy road. Eight years, I used a little less than a can and a half a day. I'm going to win, because I want to win. Easy day. However, my question for most of y'all War dogs is concern of my tongue. For a fixation, I usually swirl a toothpick in my mouth... all day. My tongue has little white looking blisters, mostly on the sides. Is this normal? Is it the toothpicks, acid levels normalizing, or...
See a doctor or dentist about your tongue.

I spit that juicy deliciousness in a trash can.

Really? After 8 years you are addicted enough to think this way. Quitting will help your mouth and posting roll daily will keep you quit.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #569 on: October 12, 2016, 11:51:00 PM »
Quote from: JB65
Quote from: TheH
I am 2 weeks into this quitting thing. I have found my issue was not the nicotine, it was the feel of a dip in my jaw. I have found the Herbal Snuffs to be helpful! cowboy
Hello H, nice job on the quit! 2 weeks on your own is awesome.

Mostly the body's physical addiction to nicotine is over in 3 days. Its the mind games tat take over. What you are doing with the herbal is a mind game too.

Hey, whatever keeps you quit im all for. Use them as long as you want. Eventually I'll bet you give them up too. Its the 'hand to mouth' addiction thing.

I'd really love to see you join the quit groups here and post roll call. Get to know your fellow quit group members, sharing experiences, being there when a helping hand is needed is what this great place is all about.

I'd be careful saying your problem wasn't nicotine. It was and it IS.

Once you let your guard down like that --- BANG --- the sneaky nicotine wench slips in and before you know it you are back where you started.

Trust me, happened to me and probably just abaout everyone here at some point.
Listen to this ^^^ guy. Nicotine ABSOLUTELY and UNEQUIVOCALLY was the problem. Getting over the oral fixation is difficult, no question. I promise you that nicotine is playing yet another dirty trick on you. Use the fake stuff as much as you need, but do not be fooled, nicotine is your addiction.

Join your quit group and figure out why this place works. It's possible and it's achievable. KTC will show you if you jump in with both feet.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #568 on: October 12, 2016, 09:17:00 AM »
Quote from: TheH
I am 2 weeks into this quitting thing. I have found my issue was not the nicotine, it was the feel of a dip in my jaw. I have found the Herbal Snuffs to be helpful! cowboy
Hello H, nice job on the quit! 2 weeks on your own is awesome.

Mostly the body's physical addiction to nicotine is over in 3 days. Its the mind games tat take over. What you are doing with the herbal is a mind game too.

Hey, whatever keeps you quit im all for. Use them as long as you want. Eventually I'll bet you give them up too. Its the 'hand to mouth' addiction thing.

I'd really love to see you join the quit groups here and post roll call. Get to know your fellow quit group members, sharing experiences, being there when a helping hand is needed is what this great place is all about.

I'd be careful saying your problem wasn't nicotine. It was and it IS.

Once you let your guard down like that --- BANG --- the sneaky nicotine wench slips in and before you know it you are back where you started.

Trust me, happened to me and probably just abaout everyone here at some point.

Offline TheH

• Quit Date: 2016-09-26
  • Interests: Golf, Billiards, Wood Working, Fishing, Hanging with my family!
« Reply #567 on: October 11, 2016, 09:57:00 PM »