Author Topic: Roll Call 2009  (Read 49826 times)

Offline maxrebar53

• Likes Given: 0
Re: Roll Call 2009
« Reply #1065 on: December 24, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
Quote from: AngusGT
Still here! 1191 and counting. Honestly if I hadn't made a bookmark with a counter for my quit date I would never know how long it's been. Usually I just tell people "Uh, I've been quit for over 3 years". lol

It can be done and this place was the key for me. No more lurking! Get out here and "man up".

Merry Christmas everyone.
Can't believe it's been 5 days since i had nic in any form. 5 days and doing good.

Offline AngusGT

• Quitter
« Reply #1064 on: December 24, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »
Still here! 1191 and counting. Honestly if I hadn't made a bookmark with a counter for my quit date I would never know how long it's been. Usually I just tell people "Uh, I've been quit for over 3 years". lol

It can be done and this place was the key for me. No more lurking! Get out here and "man up".

Merry Christmas everyone.
9/21/06

"Facing what consumes you is the only way to be free"
~Jamie Jasta

My Quit Countera href='http://eapr-1/@3@12.29.2007@' target='_blank'/a

Offline mylilsecret

• Quitter
  • Interests: walking barefoot in the grasslistening to the sound of rainhearing laughter of childrengiving freely without thinkingtalking to my best friendsmelling fresh cut flowerswriting poetry & songsmaking someone smileloving unconditionally-xo
« Reply #1063 on: December 23, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
Quote from: maxrebar53
Quote from: iuchewie
Yesterday I just got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I dumped all my Scoal Long cut straight down the toilet. My 2 kids watched...they are little so they call Scoal kuk a pooh.  Today is day 2 for me. This web site is helping me. I chewed 1 1/2 cans a day for the last 8 years.
Outstanding! Welcome to the rest of your life!

Let us know how we can help - head over to March 10 and introduce yourself to your group.
Well I haven't quite figured this web site out, but I know you all are serious about quitting. I have not had a dip for 33 hours. I am feeling a little under the weather so not sure if my legs feeling funny has anything to do with not having nicotine. That stuff is wicked, I am looking forward to dating again. I was so preoccupied with the can that I wouldn't go out to meet. Looking forward to getting my smile back. One day at a time I know I can do this. Its good to know that when I get the urge or a trigger all I have to do is sit down at the computer and start reading.
You're absolutely right!

Reading posts and articles will help you to understand what others have gone through and in return will help you get through your next urge or crave. Another thing that helps is phone numbers from your fellow quitters especially over the next few months, .. you'll go through so many emotions.

Sometimes your mind will play tricks on you ... like ...

"C'mon it's just one dip. Are you such a pansy ass that you can't have ONE dip? You deserve it for being quit this long! Just do it ... you'll feel better!"

That's your addiction talking.

And it won't make you feel better. It'll make you feel worse 'cause now you're back at Day one. maxrebar53, you can do this!! We believe in you!

Take it moment by moment if you have to ....
but ultimately you hold the power .... to your freedom .... to your life!

If I don't hear from you again, maxrebar53 - - Merry Christmas! I'm glad you chose this year to give yourself such an amazing gift ..... the gift to quit!

ps) I hope others who want to quit grab their gift as well. I can't think of a better time than now ... can you?

-mylilsecret
Quit Date: 01/04/07

I Want To Inspire People!
I Want Someone To Look At Me  Say -
"Because Of You ... I Didn't Give Up!"

Offline maxrebar53

« Reply #1062 on: December 21, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
Quote from: iuchewie
Yesterday I just got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I dumped all my Scoal Long cut straight down the toilet. My 2 kids watched...they are little so they call Scoal kuk a pooh.  Today is day 2 for me. This web site is helping me. I chewed 1 1/2 cans a day for the last 8 years.

Let us know how we can help - head over to March 10 and introduce yourself to your group.
Well I haven't quite figured this web site out, but I know you all are serious about quitting. I have not had a dip for 33 hours. I am feeling a little under the weather so not sure if my legs feeling funny has anything to do with not having nicotine. That stuff is wicked, I am looking forward to dating again. I was so preoccupied with the can that I wouldn't go out to meet. Looking forward to getting my smile back. One day at a time I know I can do this. Its good to know that when I get the urge or a trigger all I have to do is sit down at the computer and start reading.

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 350
« Reply #1061 on: December 21, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »
Yesterday I just got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I dumped all my Scoal Long cut straight down the toilet. My 2 kids watched...they are little so they call Scoal kuk a pooh. Today is day 2 for me. This web site is helping me. I chewed 1 1/2 cans a day for the last 8 years.

"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline maxrebar53

« Reply #1060 on: December 21, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
Quote from: mylilsecret
Just Today

Today is the first day of my quit - - - no matter if I'm posting Day 1 or Day 1001.

What do I mean by this? ...... It's simple.

In the beginning what are we thinking about the most? Probably posting the number of days we've been quit, right? And that's all great as we go through the hell of taking it one day at a time .. fighting the withdraws, the craves, the urges and the temptations of our addiction.

During these days we might be taking it moment by moment to get through to the next hour. Our quit days start to build confidence within us. We strive to make 100, 200, 300 days along side our quit brothers and sisters. We relish at the milestones we've accomplished ...... and we should!

Yet it's during this time ...
when life begins to knock on the door of reality. We slowly start to take each day we're quit for granted. We feel invincible. Some might even feel that since we've been quit a certain number of days, months and yes even years that one dip won't hurt. We must fight against that urge and by doing so means saying to yourself, "Not today, my friend, today I'm quit."

I believe some of us forget how and why we got to this point to begin with.

We got here by taking it one day at a time.
Not a month at a time, nor a year at a time.

Not even a forever ..... but one day ... just today.

-mylilsecret
Yesterday I just got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I dumped all my Scoal Long cut straight down the toilet. My 2 kids watched...they are little so they call Scoal kuk a pooh. Today is day 2 for me. This web site is helping me. I chewed 1 1/2 cans a day for the last 8 years.

Offline mylilsecret

• Quitter
  • Interests: walking barefoot in the grasslistening to the sound of rainhearing laughter of childrengiving freely without thinkingtalking to my best friendsmelling fresh cut flowerswriting poetry & songsmaking someone smileloving unconditionally-xo
« Reply #1059 on: December 20, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
Just Today

Today is the first day of my quit - - - no matter if I'm posting Day 1 or Day 1001.

What do I mean by this? ...... It's simple.

In the beginning what are we thinking about the most? Probably posting the number of days we've been quit, right? And that's all great as we go through the hell of taking it one day at a time .. fighting the withdraws, the craves, the urges and the temptations of our addiction.

During these days we might be taking it moment by moment to get through to the next hour. Our quit days start to build confidence within us. We strive to make 100, 200, 300 days along side our quit brothers and sisters. We relish at the milestones we've accomplished ...... and we should!

Yet it's during this time ...
when life begins to knock on the door of reality. We slowly start to take each day we're quit for granted. We feel invincible. Some might even feel that since we've been quit a certain number of days, months and yes even years that one dip won't hurt. We must fight against that urge and by doing so means saying to yourself, "Not today, my friend, today I'm quit."

I believe some of us forget how and why we got to this point to begin with.

We got here by taking it one day at a time.
Not a month at a time, nor a year at a time.

Not even a forever ..... but one day ... just today.

-mylilsecret

Offline bbritt79

« Reply #1058 on: December 17, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »
First post...

I just found this site on Tuesday. It was a godsend. I quit last week, 12/9/2009 and life has been a complete hell since then.

I'm sitting here reading through your stories, and it makes me feel better that someone else knows exactly what I'm going through. My wife has no clue what it's like to be addicted to anything, and I never want my family to experience through this.

So, I'm sitting at my desk on Tuesday, thinking to myself: "I'm yelling at my wife and kids. No one wants to be around me right now. Hell, I don't want to be around anyone. I just can't take this. I'm going to go have a dip."

Somehow in the middle of all that, I came across this site. I decided to wait. I got the fake stuff, and that's helping a lot right now. Reading these forums is helping a lot right now.

I just wanted to "introduce" myself somewhat, and let all you active posters know that the time you've put in here has made a difference for me.

B

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1057 on: December 15, 2009, 04:38:00 PM »
mmiller720,

I see your roll call post. I am holding you at your word. Even if you posted in the wrong place. You have given me your word of Honor and I have accepted. Check your Inbox (1) upper right corner of your screen.

Welcome. You have found the best place to quit and stay that way. All of the tools and support required can be found here. You can do this. We will help.

If today is day - 1, Your quit group is March 2010... here ....

http://z11.invisionfree.com/QS_Xtreme/i ... topic=2843

Here are some links you may find helpful...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A how to get started by Remy:

index.php?showtopic=1360

Quit Groups, What do they mean, by SOS

index.php?showtopic=88

Roll call, why we do it your word by LOOT.

index.php?showtopic=120

What to Expect when you quit.

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/what.asp

Symptoms of Quitting dip and chew

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/symptoms.asp

Contract to give up...

http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Smokeless alternatives

http://killthecan.org/yourquit/alternatives.asp

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, pat yourself on the back, and have a beer cause you will not be dipping today.

Offline mmiller720

« Reply #1056 on: December 15, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »
Quote from: 11X4
Giving Back

The past few weeks I've been reminiscing about alot. How quitting has change my life, how it has defined me as an individual and how it has graciously given back to me and my family. Quitting has given me my freedom. My life.

I've written to you here personally many times to vent, laugh and yes even cry. But today I asked my husband to write down his feelings about this journey and what my quit has meant to him. This is the first time he has ever expressed on paper (I'll be typing it afterwards) or to me how this has affected him. I must say this site and my fellow quitters here are my backbone but he's truly my foundation. Each of you here hold me up while he supports me so I may never have to falter.

My wife used smokeless tobacco for over 20 years and for most of those years I could not understand why someone could do something that was so detrimental to their body but was also in my mind disgusting. We fought constantly over this a-d-d-i-c-t-i-o-n.

There I said it!

It took a very long time for me to come to these terms. You see I had never been addicted to anything. I had no vices or anything I needed to have to help. This was new and I definitely didn't understand or agree with it out of ignorance I later learned. And we all know ignorance isn't the not knowing - it's the not wanting to know. I think I was in denial somehow for so long that I didn't take the time to see what was going on. I never tried to understand why this was happening. My solution was just to voice my opinion on why I didn't like it and maybe she would quit. Again I didn't KNOW.

Now fast forward this, some years and I found out I did have an addiction of my own.
My wife. You see that is one thing I couldn't go with out daily and we were going to get through this. I, however, cannot take any credit for her fighting this addiction and winning .. maybe a small part. But you see it was her own strength and determination along with the Quit sites she found and regularly attended that made the difference, It was those people fighting their own addictions that banded together to beat this monster. Their strength, their stories was that extra motivation needed to do it.

One more thing we later learned my wife was diagnosed with a mental illness called bipolar disorder which if anyone knows is a tremendous battle in itself. Now I know why it was that much more of an accomplishment to have QUIT. So now our lifes take this new road and hopefully we'll beat this monster and if it takes 20 plus years I do know this I'll still be addicted to Nicole Ann Lynch forever.

Paul

That's the first time my husband has ever spoke about my quit .. other than congratulations during my milestones. After my quit, it always seemed to me like he never wanted to talk about my dirty little secret anymore.

I'm so thankful I asked him to take a moment to express what it's like being on the other side. I'm so thankful for finding you and this site, the wonderful encouragment here and the endless inspiration you have given to me. I hope that you are able to take something away from this today and share it with another.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

much love,
mylilsecret

Day 1058
Happy Thanksgiving MLS. Congrats on the comma! Don't be such a stranger.
Thank you!

I'm in need of some help!
I had a bunch of quit numbers when I started but I had to give up my cell phone quite a few months ago and now I have one but with a new number. I'm reaching out and asking if any fellow quitters out there had my number ..... or even if you didn't - pm me your number or I'll give you mine.

I need reassurance at times, as we all do.

Day 1 Quit
Giving Back

The past few weeks I've been reminiscing about alot. How quitting has change my life, how it has defined me as an individual and how it has graciously given back to me and my family. Quitting has given me my freedom. My life.

I've written to you here personally many times to vent, laugh and yes even cry. But today I asked my husband to write down his feelings about this journey and what my quit has meant to him. This is the first time he has ever expressed on paper (I'll be typing it afterwards) or to me how this has affected him. I must say this site and my fellow quitters here are my backbone but he's truly my foundation. Each of you here hold me up while he supports me so I may never have to falter.

My wife used smokeless tobacco for over 20 years and for most of those years I could not understand why someone could do something that was so detrimental to their body but was also in my mind disgusting. We fought constantly over this a-d-d-i-c-t-i-o-n.

There I said it!

It took a very long time for me to come to these terms. You see I had never been addicted to anything. I had no vices or anything I needed to have to help. This was new and I definitely didn't understand or agree with it out of ignorance I later learned. And we all know ignorance isn't the not knowing - it's the not wanting to know. I think I was in denial somehow for so long that I didn't take the time to see what was going on. I never tried to understand why this was happening. My solution was just to voice my opinion on why I didn't like it and maybe she would quit. Again I didn't KNOW.

Now fast forward this, some years and I found out I did have an addiction of my own.
My wife. You see that is one thing I couldn't go with out daily and we were going to get through this. I, however, cannot take any credit for her fighting this addiction and winning .. maybe a small part. But you see it was her own strength and determination along with the Quit sites she found and regularly attended that made the difference, It was those people fighting their own addictions that banded together to beat this monster. Their strength, their stories was that extra motivation needed to do it.

One more thing we later learned my wife was diagnosed with a mental illness called bipolar disorder which if anyone knows is a tremendous battle in itself. Now I know why it was that much more of an accomplishment to have QUIT. So now our lifes take this new road and hopefully we'll beat this monster and if it takes 20 plus years I do know this I'll still be addicted to Nicole Ann Lynch forever.

Paul

That's the first time my husband has ever spoke about my quit .. other than congratulations during my milestones. After my quit, it always seemed to me like he never wanted to talk about my dirty little secret anymore.

I'm so thankful I asked him to take a moment to express what it's like being on the other side. I'm so thankful for finding you and this site, the wonderful encouragment here and the endless inspiration you have given to me. I hope that you are able to take something away from this today and share it with another.

much love,
mylilsecret

Day 1058
Thank you!

I had a bunch of quit numbers when I started but I had to give up my cell phone quite a few months ago and now I have one but with a new number. I'm reaching out and asking if any fellow quitters out there had my number ..... or even if you didn't - pm me your number or I'll give you mine.

DaY 1 Quit

Offline mylilsecret

• Quitter
« Reply #1055 on: December 14, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »
Giving Back

There I said it!

Paul

much love,
mylilsecret

Day 1058
Thank you!

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
« Reply #1054 on: December 10, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
New blog post: Change Your Vocabulary http://blog.killthecan.org/?p=280

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
« Reply #1053 on: December 02, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »
Wednesday's Milestones... Congrats Folks!!!

·buddyboy - 1 YEAR
·Bill_C - 2 YEARS

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
« Reply #1052 on: December 01, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
Tuesday's Milestones... Congrats Folks!!!

·greg40 - 1 YEAR
·normapig - 1 YEAR
·finnman - 1 YEAR
·Cliff - 4 YEARS
·Ram hits the hall
·K Dog hits the hall
·dmmaguire hits the hall

Offline 11X4

• Quit Pro
    • www.killthecan.org
« Reply #1051 on: November 27, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »
Giving Back

There I said it!

Paul

much love,
mylilsecret

Day 1058
I've always wanted to save a life, so I started with mine.

Quit Date: 4/22/2007~HOF: 7/30/2007~2nd Floor: 11/7/07~3rd Floor: 2/15/08~1 YEAR!: 4/22/2008~4th Floor: 5/25/2008~5th Floor: 9/2/2008~6th Floor: 12/11/2008~7th Floor: 3/21/2009~2 Years: 4/22/2009~ 8th Floor: 6/29/2009 ~ 9th Floor: 10/7/2009 ~ My Comma: 1/15/2010!

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing-the worst thing you can do is nothing. - Theodore Roosevelt