Author Topic: General Discussion - 2015  (Read 47243 times)

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
Re: General Discussion - 2015
« Reply #775 on: December 08, 2015, 08:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Knewsom62
Hey guys and gals, today is the day i am throwing the can away. I was sitting in my recliner watching the dallas and redskins game last night and my daughter ran over and grabbed my spit bottle and drank it and become very sick. After seeing that i tossed the can. If anyone has any tips or tricks to help out id love to hear them. Its been 11 hours since my last dip and im hurting, i have so many triggers, driving to work, work in general, hunting, fishing and all my friends dip. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
Terrible wake up call.

As for suggestions:

join the March 2016 quit group, post your promise to not use nicotine for 24 hours there (aka post roll, don't worry if it is technically perfect, just make the promise and get your name and day 1 out there). You will do this every morning when you wake.

create an intro to journal your quit, track how bad the withdrawal symptoms are, track your victories. Include your reasons for quit. Include this post as a permanent reminder to yourself.

exchange phone numbers with other quitters. I helps to have people to talk to on bad days.

drink lots of water,exercise, and read the HOF speeches and words of wisdom... everything on this site to learn how to free yourself from nicotine. We remain addicts, but are not controlled by our addiction.

Offline Knewsom62

• Quit Date: 2015-12-08
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #774 on: December 08, 2015, 07:28:00 AM »
Hey guys and gals, today is the day i am throwing the can away. I was sitting in my recliner watching the dallas and redskins game last night and my daughter ran over and grabbed my spit bottle and drank it and become very sick. After seeing that i tossed the can. If anyone has any tips or tricks to help out id love to hear them. Its been 11 hours since my last dip and im hurting, i have so many triggers, driving to work, work in general, hunting, fishing and all my friends dip. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #773 on: December 05, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
Quote from: RNC
Quote from: Cope30
Get serious and stay serious, this site will defiantly help you with your quit. Get involved and take it day by day, that's the only way you will be able to stay quit, these guys might be hard on you at times but its just part of the brotherhood.......welcome to the brotherhood. Post roll EDD and don't cave.
Congrats on the quit!!!
Thanks, beginning day 7 and man I thought this would start getting easier after 3 days with the nic completely flushed from the body. WRONG! This will be a long, perhaps lifelong battle to avoid that crap. I had made it 3 days just once before a couple years ago but was chewing the nic gum so it doesn't really count.

Posting roll and that accountability are helping
be determined to battle your addiction daily

I remember saying to myself early on.... I need to isolate myself from nicotine and identify those 'triggers and/or life events' from my past where I fell for the lie of "nic will take the edge off"
or " I'll enjoy this event or situation more" by stuffing my pie-hole w a product that dopes my brain, increases blood pressure and could potentially kill me.

Not picking on your choice of wording, but avoiding is a defensive posture.

Confront this battle and use this site to learn how to beat this shit one day at a time! Don't focus on forever. Fight for every minute, then every hour.
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline RNC

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-11-29
« Reply #772 on: December 05, 2015, 07:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Cope30
Get serious and stay serious, this site will defiantly help you with your quit. Get involved and take it day by day, that's the only way you will be able to stay quit, these guys might be hard on you at times but its just part of the brotherhood.......welcome to the brotherhood. Post roll EDD and don't cave.
Congrats on the quit!!!
Thanks, beginning day 7 and man I thought this would start getting easier after 3 days with the nic completely flushed from the body. WRONG! This will be a long, perhaps lifelong battle to avoid that crap. I had made it 3 days just once before a couple years ago but was chewing the nic gum so it doesn't really count.

Posting roll and that accountability are helping

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
« Reply #771 on: December 03, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
RNC, strange mouth feelings are pretty normal. Your mouth chemistry changes, your blood flow changes, and orally something is missing. That said, don't worry, see a dentist  tell them what's up... if it is a problem they will deal with it. If not, both you and the dentist have a baseline. I went in for a cleaning around day 170... my dentist was amazed at how much healthier my mouth and gums were (I chewed a can a day of Copenhagen for 35 years, and had my own mouth weirdness going on).

Beyond that, join a quit group* with people quit the same time as you... compare notes, read what quitters of more days say, get through the worries and on to freedom and better life.

* March 2016 (maybe February 2016) will get to 100 days quit same time as you. 5 days alone is bad ass! Stay quit by joining a group and take a load off. ** note, I see you posted roll already!!! Outstanding!
Thanks, I'm glad I found this site and look forward to actively participating. I've never really posted in online forums before so it will take some getting used to.

What got my attention Sunday morning were the strange/terrible oral sensations before I even quit, although I had made 1 can last 4 days prior to that in initial efforts to taper down. Maybe the smoking Saturday night was really the culprit, but the sensations scared me and that was probably a good thing.

The dip fog is certainly present, went for a walk this evening to pass some time and felt completely lost. My lower front teeth hurt and have been a bit loose for a while. The gums have definitely receded and I know won't grow back but hopefully quitting now will arrest the damage and my mouth will recover from the constant assault over the last 8+ years.

After many half-hearted quit attempts, I'm finally serious about it.
Congrats on the quit!!!
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #770 on: December 03, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
RNC, strange mouth feelings are pretty normal. Your mouth chemistry changes, your blood flow changes, and orally something is missing. That said, don't worry, see a dentist  tell them what's up... if it is a problem they will deal with it. If not, both you and the dentist have a baseline. I went in for a cleaning around day 170... my dentist was amazed at how much healthier my mouth and gums were (I chewed a can a day of Copenhagen for 35 years, and had my own mouth weirdness going on).

Beyond that, join a quit group* with people quit the same time as you... compare notes, read what quitters of more days say, get through the worries and on to freedom and better life.

* March 2016 (maybe February 2016) will get to 100 days quit same time as you. 5 days alone is bad ass! Stay quit by joining a group and take a load off. ** note, I see you posted roll already!!! Outstanding!
Thanks, I'm glad I found this site and look forward to actively participating. I've never really posted in online forums before so it will take some getting used to.

What got my attention Sunday morning were the strange/terrible oral sensations before I even quit, although I had made 1 can last 4 days prior to that in initial efforts to taper down. Maybe the smoking Saturday night was really the culprit, but the sensations scared me and that was probably a good thing.

The dip fog is certainly present, went for a walk this evening to pass some time and felt completely lost. My lower front teeth hurt and have been a bit loose for a while. The gums have definitely receded and I know won't grow back but hopefully quitting now will arrest the damage and my mouth will recover from the constant assault over the last 8+ years.

Yeah, the sore teeth thing I remember. Gums will not grow back, but they will tighten around your teeth after a while. The one thing I'm sure of is more nicotine will not help any of that.

I hear you about joining an online thing. It is weird, but this place works!

Offline RNC

• Quitter
« Reply #769 on: December 03, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #768 on: December 03, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »

Offline RNC

• Quitter
« Reply #767 on: December 03, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »
I'll be 5 days or 120 hours dip free at midnight EST tonight, after 1 can/day of Grizzly Wintergreen for over 8 years (currently age 39). Woke up on Sunday after a night of drinking, dipping, and even smoking for the first time in over a year and had a really strange feeling under my tongue and behind my lower jaw and decided it was finally time to quit (after several previous failed attempts). My tongue, gums and throat feel very strange at the moment, more of a tender and numb feeling than pain. I really haven't had a craving because of the strange sensations and worrying that I waited too long before quitting.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #766 on: December 03, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Callmeaquitter
Hey guys. I'm 26 and I've been a heavy chewer for about 8 years now. Starting in high school playing ball and haven't been able to stop. Recently, I've been doing a little more than a tin a day of Grizzly WG pouches. I've tried to quit many times, but the dizziness and anxiety are so bad that I always go back to it for comfort.

This time I'm stopping for good and accepting the symptoms. Its been 15 hours of no nicotine and my anxiety is through the roof. I dont feel like myself at all and I can barely focus at work. I also feel almost shortness of breath. This is the longest I've gone without having nicotine in as long as I can remember (when I've "quit" in the past I've done nicotine gum). The anxiety is def the worst part. Has anyone else had similar feelings? How long do they last?

Stay strong everyone.
Hey CMAQ, I sure hope you didn't use your birthday today as a reason to go back and start humping that can. I don't see you on roll today, so I can only wonder.... Get back in here man, I promise you that being quit is SO worth the early struggles. Don't wait until it's too late.
Callme, King is all over it!! Life is so much better on the "other side" of the quit fence. You are a young man. Trust me, if you don't do this now you will be 50 years old and back here trying to quit. I know because that was me.

You must suffer through the initial SUCK in order to gain freedom. If we can do it so can you. Get back in here and man up bro!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #765 on: December 03, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Callmeaquitter
Hey guys. I'm 26 and I've been a heavy chewer for about 8 years now. Starting in high school playing ball and haven't been able to stop. Recently, I've been doing a little more than a tin a day of Grizzly WG pouches. I've tried to quit many times, but the dizziness and anxiety are so bad that I always go back to it for comfort.

This time I'm stopping for good and accepting the symptoms. Its been 15 hours of no nicotine and my anxiety is through the roof. I dont feel like myself at all and I can barely focus at work. I also feel almost shortness of breath. This is the longest I've gone without having nicotine in as long as I can remember (when I've "quit" in the past I've done nicotine gum). The anxiety is def the worst part. Has anyone else had similar feelings? How long do they last?

Stay strong everyone.
Hey CMAQ, I sure hope you didn't use your birthday today as a reason to go back and start humping that can. I don't see you on roll today, so I can only wonder.... Get back in here man, I promise you that being quit is SO worth the early struggles. Don't wait until it's too late.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #764 on: December 03, 2015, 11:07:00 AM »
Quote from: kdkk09
Wow! I cant believe this is really happening, just finishing day 9 of my quit.(after 40 yrs of the pure joy of raw gums/jaws, nasty breath and not being able to spit out a chew unless I knew I had a back up ready to go.) Cravings have slowed down they are not constant anymore. When they do show up they are strong, you just gotta stay strong and battle. Believe it or not they do go away. Jumped a huge hurdle today. Went to gas up the truck at the local Get n Go my usual chew stop. I always bought an extra can when I filled up the truck, you know you can never have to much Cope. Standing there gassing up and I swear I could hear the tobacco rack calling my name. I pulled out my phone went to the KTC website and read the story of Jenny and Tom Kern. Hit me like a brick to the skull. I did all the same things to my wife, lies, deception, whatever it took to keep her off my back so I could get my next dip. How stupid we are!!!!! I'm gonna keep on Grinding till I kick this crap to the curb. Thanks for the help.
^^ great story and huge victory!! I assume you are on roll?
Stay quit brother

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #763 on: December 03, 2015, 06:01:00 AM »
Kdkk, that is a big win. As addicts we face that call of the tobacco rack every day forever. Reading KTC does help kick craves to the curb. You could also join a quit group and get active here as a way to strengthen your quit. Lots of us old folks post roll here every day -- I chewed Copenhagen for 35 years and am quit 202 days now. It will keep getting better as you stay quit.

Offline kdkk09

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-11-23
« Reply #762 on: December 03, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »
Wow! I cant believe this is really happening, just finishing day 9 of my quit.(after 40 yrs of the pure joy of raw gums/jaws, nasty breath and not being able to spit out a chew unless I knew I had a back up ready to go.) Cravings have slowed down they are not constant anymore. When they do show up they are strong, you just gotta stay strong and battle. Believe it or not they do go away. Jumped a huge hurdle today. Went to gas up the truck at the local Get n Go my usual chew stop. I always bought an extra can when I filled up the truck, you know you can never have to much Cope. Standing there gassing up and I swear I could hear the tobacco rack calling my name. I pulled out my phone went to the KTC website and read the story of Jenny and Tom Kern. Hit me like a brick to the skull. I did all the same things to my wife, lies, deception, whatever it took to keep her off my back so I could get my next dip. How stupid we are!!!!! I'm gonna keep on Grinding till I kick this crap to the curb. Thanks for the help.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #761 on: December 02, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »
Quote from: chewie
Tony, you are at the right place. We quit one day at a time here... That much we can do (and it does get easier over time). The best approach is to just flush your stash and get it over with -- you would have all the quitters at the March 2016 quit group right where you are in early quit suck... and getting past it.

Don't plan... the start dates tend to get pushed off. Do.
I'd second what nomore is saying... don't wait... quit.

Here's a little something I wrote a few years back that talks about setting a quit date and all the time you can't get back.

http://blog.killthecan.org/2009/06/53-d ... -get-back/

chewie
Hey Tony. I'm echoing Chewie and No More. Flush it now and set yourself free. How many times have you said "I' gonna quit after (enter any event, birthday, holiday, whatever... In this spot.)"

What makes you think it will be different this time? Cmon bro, join this brotherhood and see how awesome freedom can be.

You can do this! You have to get through the first few days and with the awesome support here and endless amount of stuff to read, it will fly by. You can do this!