Author Topic: General Discussion - 2015  (Read 47283 times)

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: General Discussion - 2015
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »
Quote from: deepelumraider
Thanks for the responses guys. Sorry, I am just getting back on the board. After I posted, I was out of pocket and in meetings today. I posted "tomorrow" as my quit day because I already had dipped yesterday.

Will try and do better posting more quickly. Haven't been involved in many forums like this.

I am at home this evening, have not dipped today and told the wife that I can't leave the house tonight so I don't slip out and pick any up. One day at a time, but I do want to quit and am thankful for the support.

Judson
You got this Judson ... power through buddy. Your word is everything, and you've posted roll giving your word. Don't go back on it, it's a promise to yourself mostly ... but to us as well. I'll quit with you today! We'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. You made a great decision to quit ... congrats!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline deepelumraider

• Quit Date: 2015-01-05
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 06:50:00 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys. Sorry, I am just getting back on the board. After I posted, I was out of pocket and in meetings today. I posted "tomorrow" as my quit day because I already had dipped yesterday.

Will try and do better posting more quickly. Haven't been involved in many forums like this.

I am at home this evening, have not dipped today and told the wife that I can't leave the house tonight so I don't slip out and pick any up. One day at a time, but I do want to quit and am thankful for the support.

Judson

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 03:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: mcarmo44
Hello all,

I have looked at this site a few times. Tomorrow is my quit day. I have dipped consistantly for about 13 years or so. I truly hate it and love it at the same time. I am having a daughter in April and I am making the decision to STOP.

I am so glad this community is here. Thanks to you all. As I read the past posts I am comforted there are others here for support.

Judson
Deep
why wait man? Throw the can out now and make today day 1.

You can do this man.
Apparently things didn't work out 'tomorrow'.

If you are reading this and 'thinking' about quitting. There is NO TOMORROW! You will find some stupid ass excuse to keep dipping. I know. I made those excuses for 29 years!

Today is all you got! Just today. Join us, post roll and promise us you will Quit for today! Tomorrow? I don't know anything about tomorrow. I only Quit today.

Don't believe me? Where the Hell is deepelumraider? Stuffing his face. Right. Now.

Flush your shit, grab your sack, and let's get to it. You can do it! I'm nothing special. If I can, you can.

-Nolaq - Day 1,757
False... you ARE "special" :)

You're a quitter... proud to stand with you.

chewie
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 03:28:00 PM »
Quote from: mcarmo44
Hello all,

I have looked at this site a few times. Tomorrow is my quit day. I have dipped consistantly for about 13 years or so. I truly hate it and love it at the same time. I am having a daughter in April and I am making the decision to STOP.

I am so glad this community is here. Thanks to you all. As I read the past posts I am comforted there are others here for support.

Judson
Deep

You can do this man.
Apparently things didn't work out 'tomorrow'.

If you are reading this and 'thinking' about quitting. There is NO TOMORROW! You will find some stupid ass excuse to keep dipping. I know. I made those excuses for 29 years!

Today is all you got! Just today. Join us, post roll and promise us you will Quit for today! Tomorrow? I don't know anything about tomorrow. I only Quit today.

Don't believe me? Where the Hell is deepelumraider? Stuffing his face. Right. Now.

Flush your shit, grab your sack, and let's get to it. You can do it! I'm nothing special. If I can, you can.

-Nolaq - Day 1,757
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Mcarmo44

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
Hello all,

Judson
Deep

You can do this man.
Quit date 11/3/11
HOF - 2/10/12

Discipline=Freedom

"Always remember, never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."- Kramer

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be Kind Always."

Offline deepelumraider

• Quit Date: 2015-01-05
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
Hello all,

Judson

Offline Roboquit

• Quit Date: 2014-09-03
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 05:30:00 PM »
I dipped nearly every day since about 1992. And I quit for good about 110 days ago. It was and is a crazy battle to stay off that drug...I have a Smokey Mountain fake dip in as I type this.

My advice to anyone starting out is that there is no magic moment where you are cured. So don't expect to reach some mythical finish line where you can say you finally did it. It's not there. What is there are little things that will get you through tough times...someone you care about might do something nice for you, you might discover something new you enjoy that takes your mind off dipping...you will remember those things that helped you along the way. And they will become special to you. Because they were there when you needed them. So keep an eye out for them.

So anyone reading this who is just starting out...and I'm talking to the guy who is broken. The guy who knows that this is his last chance...that guy who knows in his heart that if he chooses to put in another dip, it's putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger. And I don't mean maybe he'll get cancer, I mean he knows he doesn't value his life anymore if he puts in that dip again...to that guy...There is no finish line waiting for you, but what is out there is hope. And if you put in the time, you will have hope again.

Offline BWade

• Quit Date: 2015-01-02
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 09:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Frazzled
Quote from: Johnt965
Hi, I've been chewing for about 25 years, generally at least a can of Kodiak per day, often more. Over the years I've managed to quit for a few days at a time occasionally, but it never stuck.

My last chew was 2 nights ago so yesterday and today so far have been my first two days without it in a very long time. So far so good, I was craving it pretty bad last night but didn't cave.

I came across this web site and thought if it'll help me stay on course this time, then it's worth joining and seeing what it's all about.
Hi John, and welcome to the best decision you can make. You can check out this page to see that you are looking at coming up in the next few days and weeks.

How we quit here is very simple. You will go to the your quit group, which is April 2015 and you will post up a Day 3 in the New Quitters section. Details on how to do this can also be found in the Welcome Center. Your post, which you should do as soon as you get out of bed for the day, is your promise not to use nicotine in any form. Since you gave up your last dip on 12/31, you are on Day 3...which means you are almost through the worst of the physical symptoms. I encourage you to go post roll and quit with us, and you will get support like you've never known.

Drink lots of water, don't worry about staying away from food. Eat everything in site if it keeps you Quit.

Quit on.

~Frazz

Hey, on day 2 after dipping for 16 years. Stayed as busy as I could most of the day to keep my mind off it. Just finished a big meal an want a pinch bad but will not give in. Great time for a drink!!! I do believe this site will be the help I need to put the can down.

Offline JoeQuit

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-01
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »
Quote from: paulx1
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: JoeQuit
This is my first post on here and I just joined today and last night I pray was my last dip. I've chewed for 22 years. I am craving one so bad right now and I have tried to quit many times and I am sick of it and I hate it. I hope to get inspiration and support on here and I appreciate and thank all of you for being here. If you can quit it gives me hope and strength. Just trying to get through today.
Welcome to the site Joe. Here's the deal with this quitting thing....

We don't TRY and we don't HOPE. We just do it. It is hard at first but it is worth it.

You have to want it bad. You can do this Joe. Go post roll in the April 2015 quit group.
Hey Joe I dropped by April 15 but didnt see you on there. PM me if you want to know how to post. I chewed 35 years or so and just quit like you so I get it. Exercise or do what you have to to get over the hump. Come on here and vent, then when you're having a hard time come back and re-read what you wrote. Commit to quit for that day. Bad days come out of the blue. You'll think you're home free then 10 days in the craving comes back. (In my case it goes away in 30 minutes or so). People on here care about other quitters but in helping others we help ourselves as well.
I did join the April 15 group, thanks for the support. My family has been really supportive so that helps also. I do exercise regularly which also helps out. Sugarless gum and sunflower seeds help replace the oral fixation for me. Thanks for the support and words.
Permanent reminder of a temporary feeling...

Offline Johnt965

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-30
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 10:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I'll be sure to join the quit group. Glad I found this group!

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Johnt965
Hi, I've been chewing for about 25 years, generally at least a can of Kodiak per day, often more. Over the years I've managed to quit for a few days at a time occasionally, but it never stuck.

My last chew was 2 nights ago so yesterday and today so far have been my first two days without it in a very long time. So far so good, I was craving it pretty bad last night but didn't cave.

I came across this web site and thought if it'll help me stay on course this time, then it's worth joining and seeing what it's all about.
Hi John, and welcome to the best decision you can make. You can check out this page to see that you are looking at coming up in the next few days and weeks.

How we quit here is very simple. You will go to the your quit group, which is April 2015 and you will post up a Day 3 in the New Quitters section. Details on how to do this can also be found in the Welcome Center. Your post, which you should do as soon as you get out of bed for the day, is your promise not to use nicotine in any form. Since you gave up your last dip on 12/31, you are on Day 3...which means you are almost through the worst of the physical symptoms. I encourage you to go post roll and quit with us, and you will get support like you've never known.

Drink lots of water, don't worry about staying away from food. Eat everything in site if it keeps you Quit.

Quit on.

~Frazz
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline Johnt965

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-30
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 05:41:00 PM »

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »
Quote from: LA
Just found this site a couple of days ago. I am 5 days nicotine-free (cold turkey). The first couple days were pretty bad but the last day or two haven't been nearly as hard. Fewer cravings, shorter in duration. I dipped for about 25 years. I started in high school playing baseball and a bunch of my buddies did too. Over the years they all quit but I never could. I have buddies that I wouldn't see for a long time and then we'd see each other at a bar or somewhere around town and I'd say "by the way, are you still dipping?" and they'd kind of laugh and be like "no, man, I quit 6 years ago." It was such a letdown to be the one who couldnt quit. I've gotten to about 3 months in the past but that's my max. This time is going to be MY TIME though!!! Great to have a support group like this one.
Welcome Kevin! Sounds like you are well on your way.

Find the April '15 quit group and post up roll call and introduce yourself. Post early and often....read everything you can. Most importantly, shout if you need anything.

Offline LA Kevin

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-28
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 12:22:00 PM »
Just found this site a couple of days ago. I am 5 days nicotine-free (cold turkey). The first couple days were pretty bad but the last day or two haven't been nearly as hard. Fewer cravings, shorter in duration. I dipped for about 25 years. I started in high school playing baseball and a bunch of my buddies did too. Over the years they all quit but I never could. I have buddies that I wouldn't see for a long time and then we'd see each other at a bar or somewhere around town and I'd say "by the way, are you still dipping?" and they'd kind of laugh and be like "no, man, I quit 6 years ago." It was such a letdown to be the one who couldnt quit. I've gotten to about 3 months in the past but that's my max. This time is going to be MY TIME though!!! Great to have a support group like this one.

Offline paulx1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-20
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 11:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: JoeQuit
This is my first post on here and I just joined today and last night I pray was my last dip. I've chewed for 22 years. I am craving one so bad right now and I have tried to quit many times and I am sick of it and I hate it. I hope to get inspiration and support on here and I appreciate and thank all of you for being here. If you can quit it gives me hope and strength. Just trying to get through today.
Welcome to the site Joe. Here's the deal with this quitting thing....

We don't TRY and we don't HOPE. We just do it. It is hard at first but it is worth it.

You have to want it bad. You can do this Joe. Go post roll in the April 2015 quit group.
Hey Joe I dropped by April 15 but didnt see you on there. PM me if you want to know how to post. I chewed 35 years or so and just quit like you so I get it. Exercise or do what you have to to get over the hump. Come on here and vent, then when you're having a hard time come back and re-read what you wrote. Commit to quit for that day. Bad days come out of the blue. You'll think you're home free then 10 days in the craving comes back. (In my case it goes away in 30 minutes or so). People on here care about other quitters but in helping others we help ourselves as well.