Author Topic: 2 days in  (Read 2409 times)

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 163
Re: 2 days in
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 11:07:17 PM »
Welcome capsfan!  You just gave yourself the best gift ever and that is Freedom man!  I'm in your group.  Sign roll every day to keep track of your quit.  It's my badge of honor and i love hanging out on ktc.  Read everything on this site, theres tons of wisdom here.  Get some digits and enjoy the ride, exciting times are on the horizon for you. 

Mike
Congrats on your choice to quit.  You're apart of a great group in April.

Unsolicited advice: accountability and action, faith and commitment patience and persistence.  One day at a time. 

You can do this. We got your back.

BMC 464.

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 09:54:38 PM »
Welcome to the quit team. You’ve come to the right place. I’m new to the April group as well. PM me for digits. We hold each other accountable, so if you need motivation, I’m glad to help. The first few days sucks, but it gets a little better each day. Take it a day, hour or minute at a time, and remember we’re all here doing it with you.
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline Clary245

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01/11/2019
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 07:12:42 PM »
Welcome capsfan! I have only been quit a few days and I am in your group. Posting roll first thing when I wake up keeps my mind where it needs to be. I promise everyday to stay quit. There are so many people here who hold you accountable and are here to answer your questions. Great guys like mayfly, Bryce, Chris2alaska, and numerous others  have helped keep my mind in right place when that crave comes. If I can help let me know.

Clary245
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:36:31 PM by Clary245 »

Offline mayfly

• Quitter
  • You're either quit or you're not
    • My Intro
  • Quit Date: 08/28/2021
  • Likes Given: 192
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 04:58:45 PM »
Welcome capsfan!  You just gave yourself the best gift ever and that is Freedom man!  I'm in your group.  Sign roll every day to keep track of your quit.  It's my badge of honor and i love hanging out on ktc.  Read everything on this site, theres tons of wisdom here.  Get some digits and enjoy the ride, exciting times are on the horizon for you. 

Mike
Half-assed effort only gives half-assed results

Cravings are like March madness...survive and advance-Bgbdbrd

There are two types of quitters on KTC. Those who post every damn day no matter what. They could survive a plane crash 50 miles from Nome Alaska and would kill a polar bear with a pocket knife, write their days quit on ice with its blood, snap a pic with their cell phone and text it to Drome. Then there are those who always have an excuse not to post or to post late. -bicycleptic

Offline CapsFan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12 Jan 2019
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 04:05:33 PM »
Thanks folks! Bookmarked the page for posting roll, looking forward to this!

Offline ES

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01-06-2019
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 03:34:01 PM »
Welcome, CapsFan! ZERO nicotine is the way to go! Glad you're with us, I'm in the April 2019 group and hope to see you start posting roll! PM me if you want digits, it's valuable to have some quick contacts in case you need a little nudge to talk through an urge to buy a can or what not, and also just to have some contacts reminding you every day that we're all quit together!
My Intro |My HOF Speech | April 2019 The BMF'ers of Quit

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Freedom Day: 1/6/19     HOF: 4/15/19     2nd Floor: 7/24/19     3rd Floor: 11/1/19     1 Year: 1/6/20     4th Floor: 2/9/20     5th Floor: 5/19/20     6th Floor: 8/27/20     7th Floor: 12/5/20     2 Years: 1/6/21     8th Floor: 3/15/21     9th Floor: 6/23/21     10th Floor/Comma Club: 10/1/21     ODAAT Toward:     3 Years: 1/6/22

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1616
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 03:21:30 PM »
Hey Everyone!

So I've been using tobacco for the better part of 25 years, going back to Jr. High. I'm almost 38 years old now. Up to about 7 or 8 years ago, i dipped and smoked, but primarily considered myself a smoker. Decided to quit smoking, went the Chantix route and it worked! I quit smoking and dip for awhile, but for whatever reason decided to start dipping again. Since then I've been using about a can a day.

Definitely not the first time I've tried to quit, but tired of the wasted money, health concerns and most importantly lying about it. Haven't had a chew since 9 December, but did do a regiment of nicotine lozenges in an attempt to ween myself off the loads of nicotine you get. Last one was one I had was 12 Jan, so I'm now 2 days without nicotine.

Welcome CapsFan,

You have found the best place to be quit from nicotine.  I am glad you got yourself off the lozenges too.  Really all you are doing is replacing the delivery method.  It's like putting a bandaid on an arterial laceration - it doesn't work.

Head on over to the April 2019 quit group and post roll with those bad ass quitters.  Posting roll means you have made a promise to yourself and us that you will remain nicotine free for the next 24 hours.  Come back here tomorrow morning early and post your promise again.  Keep your promise every day.

Exchange digits with other quitters.  This will build your accountability and brotherhood network and give you instant access to support if needed.

Proud to quit with you today,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 03:14:50 PM »
Welcome.

The first thing you need to do is join your April '19 Quit Group. You can find it here: https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=916.msg214994#new

Learn to post roll - when you post roll you are making a promise to yourself, other members of your group, and all the other members of the KTC community who post support that you will not use nicotine in any form for the rest of the day. Wake up, and make the same promise tomorrow, and every tomorrow afterward.

Have you thrown the losenges away? No need fo them any more.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline CapsFan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12 Jan 2019
  • Likes Given: 0
2 days in
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:32:28 PM »
Hey Everyone!

So I've been using tobacco for the better part of 25 years, going back to Jr. High. I'm almost 38 years old now. Up to about 7 or 8 years ago, i dipped and smoked, but primarily considered myself a smoker. Decided to quit smoking, went the Chantix route and it worked! I quit smoking and dip for awhile, but for whatever reason decided to start dipping again. Since then I've been using about a can a day.

Definitely not the first time I've tried to quit, but tired of the wasted money, health concerns and most importantly lying about it. Haven't had a chew since 9 December, but did do a regiment of nicotine lozenges in an attempt to ween myself off the loads of nicotine you get. Last one was one I had was 12 Jan, so I'm now 2 days without nicotine.