Author Topic: Stressed out Mom and Quitting  (Read 24259 times)

Offline chewife

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Stressed out Mom and Quitting
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »
AAAARRRGGH. I already almost caved. My brain worked without me and siad" just change your quit date buy another can than quit again when you get the patch"(in a singsongy soothing voice)
But No. Or should I . I thnk im too weak to do this cold turkey. Should i gt a patch? I dont know!! Im already 16 hours into my quit.
Fuck I love Grizzly. But I hate that shit!! All of my nails are long and beautiful EXCEPT for my 2 short nasty index finger chew nails.
I love the burn but I absolutely HATE nasty bottles full of slimy viscous chewspit.
If one of those gets dumped its enough to make ya barf. One time my husband saw me with a spitcan Id been using and he said" Uhh I dumped bacon grease in that awhile ago. F'n sick. IM done done done. Right? I dont even have any support but this site. NONE of my family knows. (im a girl so its "taboo" you know?) Hubby has no interest in quitting right now. Ayyy. I AM A STRONG WOMAN. First 3 days are the worst its gonna be. RIGHT?RIGHT?

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
Cuss at us anytime you want to. That is why we are here. Don't worry about quitting forever, just today. One day at a time. One hour at a time if need be.

You can do this lil mamma.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Read, read, read...all you can on this site. You are not alone.

Welcome. Yell if you need anything.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
I understand EXACTLY what you are going through. We all do.

But hear this...

It will get better as long as you stay quit. You have no idea how great things will get. I know you don't believe that right this minute but it is true. There will come a time when you will not feel the way you do now. There will come a time when you will not think about dip for days and weeks.

Freedom is a great thing. What are you willing to do to be free?

Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »
You can do this. Just hang in there. second by second, minute by minute. Whatever it takes to get through this. The craves and the pain are only temporary.

It is not easy, but you can do this!!!

Get on over to December and post roll. (Your plegde not to use nicotine in any form today).

Just get through today and we will worry about tomorrow in the morning.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
Quote from: chewife
Om my Gosh. This is WAY worse than I thought it'd be. I started chewing a few years ago when I quit smoking. Thought it would help me to stop smoking and be easier to quit. HA HA HA HA!! What a joke. I did manage to stop dipping through both of my pregnancies but only with the help of nausea. But a few weeks after I give birth my husbands dip can starts looking mighty tempting again.
I tried quitting and lasted 8 hours. I was screaming at my kids and didnt want them to go through that I wasnt prepared.
Now my throat has been kind of hurting like its raw even though Im not sick. I also have tough wrinkly skin on my lower lip and a little sore on my toungue. (going to dentist next month) I googled mouth cancer and read Sean Marsee's story. I am officially scared to death of getting cancer. I have 3 children and dont wanna leave them.
I am ready. I went to the store to get nic. gum and they didnt have any. I decided I would do it cold turkey. Bad idea? I dont know. But I guess it sems like nrt kinda prolongs the addiction for me. I bought munchies, soft peppermints,licorice and a couple packs of gum.
Im already freaking out. I had mt last chew last night at 8 pm. I read somewhere a quitter has 6 cravings a day. whatever, try 6 craves in ONE HOUR!!!
Everythign is irritating the PISS out of me right now. I wish everything in this house would just shut the fruck up! Ive never wanted to just SWEAR so much in my life and I AM POUNDING THESE F****** KEYS. I want to kill something.
I would like to chew my bottom lip off.
Congratulations on your decision and welcome. It WILL get better.

Offline Big Brother Jack

• Quit + 1
  • Master of Quit
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 1993-09-03
  • Interests: Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Quote from: chewife
Om my Gosh. This is WAY worse than I thought it'd be. I started chewing a few years ago when I quit smoking. Thought it would help me to stop smoking and be easier to quit. HA HA HA HA!! What a joke. I did manage to stop dipping through both of my pregnancies but only with the help of nausea. But a few weeks after I give birth my husbands dip can starts looking mighty tempting again.
I tried quitting and lasted 8 hours. I was screaming at my kids and didnt want them to go through that I wasnt prepared.
Now my throat has been kind of hurting like its raw even though Im not sick. I also have tough wrinkly skin on my lower lip and a little sore on my toungue. (going to dentist next month) I googled mouth cancer and read Sean Marsee's story. I am officially scared to death of getting cancer. I have 3 children and dont wanna leave them.
I am ready. I went to the store to get nic. gum and they didnt have any. I decided I would do it cold turkey. Bad idea? I dont know. But I guess it sems like nrt kinda prolongs the addiction for me. I bought munchies, soft peppermints,licorice and a couple packs of gum.
Im already freaking out. I had mt last chew last night at 8 pm. I read somewhere a quitter has 6 cravings a day. whatever, try 6 craves in ONE HOUR!!!
Everythign is irritating the PISS out of me right now. I wish everything in this house would just shut the fruck up! Ive never wanted to just SWEAR so much in my life and I AM POUNDING THESE F****** KEYS. I want to kill something.
Your Here and Venting ... Post up Roll ... learn and Read everything you can about the site and get into Chat and Vent Some more .... You have taken the toughest 1st Step ... You can Do this ~

B.B.J.
No Chew Crue - Cliff's Big Brother Jack

B.ig B.rother J.ack

Offline chewife

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Stressed out Mom and Quitting
« on: September 03, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »