Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 9285 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: Quitter
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
hay man you guys no that smokey guy rites some good stuff in his intro rite? so man i found this jem in my quit groop and i thot id share it. speshully for the cavetards out there.
Quote from: smokeyg
I love to see myself talk, so here's a bump for you guys who weren't spending your Friday nights on the computer....

I wanted to put my serious two cents in on the topic of helping cavers and what it means to others when a brother/sister decideds to cave. Reading Builderchad's post in November and reflecting on the past got me to thinking more about this issue.

Cavers don't just cave. They make the conscious decision to cave. There is no nic bitch whispering in their ear, holding their family hostage, fucking them up the ass, whatever other metaphors you can come up with. Cavers always have a choice. They may decide to pull into a local convenience store because they know they have a special two for one special on Copenhagen. They may purchase the two for one special of Copenhagen. They may open a can with that one fingernail they purposefully didn't trim that morning. All bad decisions. But they aren't yet cavers. A caver makes the conscious decision to actually put the chew in their mouth. To light the cigarette and take a drag. They're not thinking about accountability at that moment; they're rationalizing their actions. "This will make the stress go away." "It's either full fledge alcoholism or this chew." "I can quit again after this one dip/can/log/life."

Most of you don't know Builderchad. He was a fucking nutball August quitter. An amazing quitter who got more people invested in this site than anyone else I know. That's not to put any dedicated vets down, that's just saying Builderchad was pantysniffing insane. His cave crushed me. Scared me. Demoralized me. Fucking pissed me off to no ends. I let him know it as did many others who had put their faith in him. He stayed away for a long time. Skunkdouche hasn't come back. Funny thing is, look at my member number and joined date. Now look at my last roll call post below. Doesn't quite match up, eh?

I had signed up for a KTC account but had never posted roll during my first "quit" attempt. I saw the animosity in here and decided this wasn't for me. What a bunch of internet dorks, I thought. This shit is a joke. Instead of joining a quit group and posting roll, I signed up for a anti-smoking class through a local hospital. I was the only chewer in the class, the only chewer my instructor (20 years experience) had ever had in class. We all had the same quit day - two weeks after the first day of class. Only 6 out of 10 people were able to stay quit 48 hours. When the other people explained why they couldn't make it, there was no anger. No "you fucked me over". It was a very open and accepting environment of failure. The class ended and we all went our own ways. I caved after about 3 months (I'll share that story some other time) and continued chewing for about 8 months after that. I was chewing more and in more risky/stupid situations. I chewed while teaching class (that's some extreme ninja shit, but I'm pretty sure some kids knew, but the teacher/student power relationship kept their teenage mouths shut). Fuck.

I'm rambling. I don't really know what I'm trying to say. I guess my feeling is, if you make the choice to cave, you're not just hurting yourself. You know that. If you make the choice to cave, you are committing an atrocious act against yourself and the people on this site who care about you. Why do they care about you - a fucking clever nickname and booby avatar? They care about you because they care about themselves. Everyone on this site is selfish to some extent. We're all doing this for ourselves. I'm writing this for myself. If someone reads this extraordinarily long post and buys a can of fuckenshitten and cuts the seal and still decides to throw the fuckenshitten away at the last second, that's fucking great. If they write a post on this board thanking me for that, that's fucking amazing for me. If they don't write a post on this board, I'm still going to imagine that this scenario is happening over and over again. I'm a fucking hero.

Now, how will I feel if I cave? What have you done? How will you feel if you cave?

Syndrome's intro thread would be a good place for you go if you want to learn how to QLF.

I am going to head over to Smokeyg's thread now and read his quit.

This is how I QLF. I learn from the guys that are doing it. I am not a snowflake and I drink the koolaide every day all day.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
No post in October yet! I see you posted in September.... Not your group anymore! Might want to post your explanation in both groups and move on to October! Hope you don't contaminate that group of Honorable men!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Step 1) Admit you're an addict.

Step 2) Admit that because you are an addict you can never again have "just one", or a simple little bandit, or a cigar, or a SNUS, or a plug supository if you are in the mood. You can't handle any nic. Period. Never again. Not for any reason.

When you fully accept and believe steps 1 and 2, then you can begin healing (quitting).
The last line above still holds true. You are not ready. This place is sacred to those that are quitting, and you did the unthinkable. There are other sites that will tell you it's ok to quit a thousand times and will hold your balls. I think some of those sites don't care if you dip will posting/lying about being quit. Go join them, please.

There is nothing for you here at KTC.

Try UCANQUIT2

or Quit Smokeless

or VolNation
VolNation.. that's a new one. Look like s bunch of fucking winners over there. Winners as in jagoffs.

Can't hack it here, go be a "winner" over there, sizzle chest.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »
Step 1) Admit you're an addict.

Step 2) Admit that because you are an addict you can never again have "just one", or a simple little bandit, or a cigar, or a SNUS, or a plug supository if you are in the mood. You can't handle any nic. Period. Never again. Not for any reason.

When you fully accept and believe steps 1 and 2, then you can begin healing (quitting).
The last line above still holds true. You are not ready. This place is sacred to those that are quitting, and you did the unthinkable. There are other sites that will tell you it's ok to quit a thousand times and will hold your balls. I think some of those sites don't care if you dip will posting/lying about being quit. Go join them, please.

There is nothing for you here at KTC.

Try UCANQUIT2

or Quit Smokeless

or VolNation
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Damn man, everyone here saw your intro and knew you needed help. Lots of us tried the tough love wake-up call for you, but you got caught up in the drama and lost the message. While I am glad you were honest about your caves I am also disapointed. If you cannot handle being around buddies who are nic using slaves and resent your quit so much that they will pressure you to use, then maybe you should avoid those situations. If you must be around them, then do not drink alcohol! Do you really want to be free from tobacco? You are going to have to protect your quit above everything else for a while. Lastly, since your way is not working out so good for you, maybe you should lose the attitude and start drinking the kool-aid. Promise not to use nicotine, keep your word, avoid getting drunk for a while, avoid situations that you think you will cave in, get the contract to quit and read it b4 you cave, get contacts here and use them b4 you cave (PM me if you need a number)... This is the hardest thing I have ever done, but it can be done. You needto want it bad enough though. All the tools KTC has to offer won't help if you want to be a user. If that is the case, then yes GTFO and stop wasting our time.

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Keddy
Where's the explanation and roll post in October?

'impatient'
No further explanation needed or wanted. Go to lite. They coddle and encourage you to "keep on trying."

You posted roll the day you caved. Thats bad. Forgiveable, not forgettable bad. Then, you added a +1 and posted again. and again. then caved again. That is not forgiveable. You have 0 integrity, less than 0 pride, and no balls to boot. Hell man, you cant even be honest over the internet to a bunch of faceless folks. My guess is you lie to yourself every damn day as well.

You are not ready to quit, do not have what it takes to quit, and do not deserve to be part of the brotherhood here. Everyone now can clearly see what and who you are. I wish you luck in combating your addiction (you will need a lot of luck since you are missing everything else it takes) to nicotine. Maybe someday you will be able to reach down and feel a slight lump between your legs where you need balls, and maybe just maybe you will be able to at least be honest with your self.

Until then, go to lite. posting roll while using nicotine is NOT acceptable. Why we roll.... Mission Statement This too.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
Where's the explanation and roll post in October?

'impatient'

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
You might want to ask yourself if you can really call these guys your friends...you gotta look at it like this would you hang out with someone that point a gun in your face. It might go off it might not...

Way to deal with a person who is pushing it on your take your right boot and slam it squarely in the ballsack...
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
what we have here is a failure to execute a quit plan -

Minn
1 you are no longer in Sept based on your last cave - you frickin need to go back to square one and examine your decision to quit and post your sorry ass in Oct
2 this site isn't going to tolerate you repeated caving and lying - exactly how to do you expect us to trust you?
3 you'd better learn how to use the tools of this site and honor the accountability and integrity which you blatantly and falsely called into question last week
4 Feeling weak- like you can't quit? Print this out contract to cave and tell everyone you love the can means more to you than they do.
5 or GTFO this site
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
nothing to add here spotted it coming when you were falling on your sword for ET... you didnt heed the warning I sent you. I will say this its tough reaching out to fucksticks on this site and have them crash and burn...takes alot out of person takes alot out of the bros/sis here that try supporting you to let your dead wieght fall on them.

Your posts are full of addict speak n like Ryan said maybe you need to think about your quit while you are spitting out teeth.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
Quote from: Minny

What are you going to do differnt this time? See above.

I didn't see anything that addressed what you are going to do different-

I dont see anything that even hints at you wanting to be Quit- figure it out.

Offline Philly80

• Quitter
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2013, 12:05:00 AM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Quote from: jake
Quote from: KC_Guy
OK I was being nice earlier because everyone says I'm like a mini Diesel!  But now I gotta lay into you!  What the fuck you piece of shit!  Are you fucking retarded or are you just a bitch?  We have few rules here!  You wanted to make a second screen name but did not because you are an honest person?  Bullshit!  You are a scumbag liar!  You posted with September that you are 24. days quit!  You are not honest!  You posted roll after using!  FUCK!  I have no support for you today!  You are shitting all over this site and what we stand for!  Fuck you and your word!  Being nice is overrated!
And you posted roll each day you were using you piece of shit! No honor!
Wow. That's jacked up. Our word is all we have.
Cavers are bad enough but at least have the integrity to admit to being a bitch and walk away! I have zero patience for assholes who disrespect the house by posting role while using!
Awww hell no. Minnie wtf? I take pride in posting. Knowing the other septs are fighting the same fight as they post alongside. How could you spit on that ... out of cowardice? A cave can be dealt with. The lying....... I don't even know. This is just sad
Why post roll if you are using? You are just lying to yourself. And also Minny pretty much announced his cave in one of Enraged Douche bags threads as Jake already pointed out. Both clowns and both should take a fucking hike.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2013, 11:52:00 PM »
OK I was being nice earlier because everyone says I'm like a mini Diesel!  But now I gotta lay into you!  What the fuck you piece of shit!  Are you fucking retarded or are you just a bitch?  We have few rules here!  You wanted to make a second screen name but did not because you are an honest person?  Bullshit!  You are a scumbag liar!  You posted with September that you are 24. days quit!  You are not honest!  You posted roll after using!  FUCK!  I have no support for you today!  You are shitting all over this site and what we stand for!  Fuck you and your word!  Being nice is overrated!
Cavers are bad enough but at least have the integrity to admit to being a bitch and walk away! I have zero patience for assholes who disrespect the house by posting role while using!
Awww hell no. Minnie wtf? I take pride in posting. Knowing the other septs are fighting the same fight as they post alongside. How could you spit on that ... out of cowardice? A cave can be dealt with. The lying....... I don't even know. This is just sad

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2013, 11:50:00 PM »
Disappointed that you thought u could cut yourself some slack and keep rolling. That does not make sense to me. No sense of accomplishment in holding your word? That is what is driving me right now. In the end, you got to look yourself in the mirror and know you manned up and beat back this addiction. There is no slack here. You're either quit or you are not. However, I am glad you finally fessed up Minny and admitted your cave. Better late than never.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech