Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 9287 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Quitter
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Minny
It's tough to respond to half a dozen different posts aimed in my direction, but I'll do my best:

-ET's honesty about his thoughts and actions, even if they are wrong, are a healthy contribution to this group.
-I understand that cigars are a cave, which is exactly my point: I have work to do mentally i.e. I haven't accepted that, as an addict, I cannot have a cigar with my father in law in five years. I acknowledge that my thinking is fucked and that I need to get my head right.
-I never condoned caving.
-ET's head isn't right yet. That doesn't mean he should go away. How about we help him (and me) understand what being an addict means and how what he did was so fucked up? (and no, I still haven't read the entire thread).
-Let's not forget that ET is quitting for himself, not you.
-Why would you want someone that's trying to find his quit to try and find it somewhere else?

A friend of mine had a severe drinking problem. For whatever reason, he refused to talk about it with almost everyone except for me with which he would speak openly. He would talk about how he would try only drinking on weekends, and then his plan was to avoid shots, hard alcohol, and then it was "I'll only drink wine" and then it was "I'll only drink when..." You get the point. Did I tell him to go fuck himself and find another friend to talk to when he didn't get it? No, he kept rationalizing and we kept coming back to the same answer: he was an alcoholic and he must adhere to NAFAR. He's 3 years sober +1 tomorrow.

So here I am, a total nic addict trying to hold on to AT LEAST my occasional cigars. Do I know that I ultimately have to come to grips with my addiction and what NAFAR means? Yes. Am I totally there yet? No. But I quit today, and I'll quit again tomorrow. And I'll keep hashing it out with you fucks instead of listening to your advice to take a hike, because I know I that me putting my thoughts on paper and listening to your advice/thoughts/experience is helping.

Anyway, I quit with all of you tomorrow. ET included.

By the way, I think it's Fu Fu the Snu's HOF day tomorrow.
Touching story about you and your friend. But this isn't one on one buddy to buddy stuff.

This is a community , with rules, and where your WORD is all you have. We truly dont ""know" eachother from an asshole in the wall.

Your words were pretty strong on ET's thread. Almost like, "yeah, if we want to have one for old times sake, its cool".

KTC way or the highway....bullshit?????

You type that you are gonna get clobbered and rightfully so.

This community has rules and procedures that are proven to help you quit.

There's no wiggle room.

You want to "wiggle", lie, or try and reinvent things...move along.

NOBODY wants to see you leave. EVERYBODY wants to see you quit, but when you start talking crazy, people WILL jump your shit.

It's just the way it goes around here.

I suggest you get your fucking head on straight and accept the fact that you won't be smokiing any stogies with your FIL anymore. Tell him why. I'm sure he will understand.

I'm sure a cigar isn't the lynch pin in your relationship.

You're an addict. You don't get to hold on to ANYTHING. You can't handle it.

If you could you wouldn't have come here.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Minny

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
It's tough to respond to half a dozen different posts aimed in my direction, but I'll do my best:

-ET's honesty about his thoughts and actions, even if they are wrong, are a healthy contribution to this group.
-I understand that cigars are a cave, which is exactly my point: I have work to do mentally i.e. I haven't accepted that, as an addict, I cannot have a cigar with my father in law in five years. I acknowledge that my thinking is fucked and that I need to get my head right.
-I never condoned caving.
-ET's head isn't right yet. That doesn't mean he should go away. How about we help him (and me) understand what being an addict means and how what he did was so fucked up? (and no, I still haven't read the entire thread).
-Let's not forget that ET is quitting for himself, not you.
-Why would you want someone that's trying to find his quit to try and find it somewhere else?

A friend of mine had a severe drinking problem. For whatever reason, he refused to talk about it with almost everyone except for me with which he would speak openly. He would talk about how he would try only drinking on weekends, and then his plan was to avoid shots, hard alcohol, and then it was "I'll only drink wine" and then it was "I'll only drink when..." You get the point. Did I tell him to go fuck himself and find another friend to talk to when he didn't get it? No, he kept rationalizing and we kept coming back to the same answer: he was an alcoholic and he must adhere to NAFAR. He's 3 years sober +1 tomorrow.

So here I am, a total nic addict trying to hold on to AT LEAST my occasional cigars. Do I know that I ultimately have to come to grips with my addiction and what NAFAR means? Yes. Am I totally there yet? No. But I quit today, and I'll quit again tomorrow. And I'll keep hashing it out with you fucks instead of listening to your advice to take a hike, because I know I that me putting my thoughts on paper and listening to your advice/thoughts/experience is helping.

Anyway, I quit with all of you tomorrow. ET included.

By the way, I think it's Fu Fu the Snu's HOF day tomorrow.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »
Quote from: jhaenel23
Quote from: B-loMatt
Minny there is a reason you see the term Never Again For Any Reason or NAFAR all over this site; that is because just one cave will turn your quit into a break you took... We are nicotine addicts! Nicotine is what we are quitting! It does not matter what the delivery system is: dip, chew, cigs, gum, patches, and yes even CIGARS! Even if you are Clintonesque and do not inhale you are caving if smoke a stoggie with your f.i.n.! I thought I had quit a couple of times in the past, but because I allowed nic back in I ended up using for another decade... Lots of others here have had the same experience over and over. It is nic bitch lies playbook 101... You are a bas ass quitter you can have 1 pinch or 1 cigar... It is a lie, and a cave period... If you remember day 1 you would be wise to embrace NAFAR as your motto, and remember NICOTINE is the enemy in all its forms...
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Hell Yeah!!

THis one gets it!! Bravo!!!
Fuck yea B-lo. Hell yea man!!! That's The quit we need right there.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Minny there is a reason you see the term Never Again For Any Reason or NAFAR all over this site; that is because just one cave will turn your quit into a break you took... We are nicotine addicts! Nicotine is what we are quitting! It does not matter what the delivery system is: dip, chew, cigs, gum, patches, and yes even CIGARS! Even if you are Clintonesque and do not inhale you are caving if smoke a stoggie with your f.i.n.! I thought I had quit a couple of times in the past, but because I allowed nic back in I ended up using for another decade... Lots of others here have had the same experience over and over. It is nic bitch lies playbook 101... You are a bas ass quitter you can have 1 pinch or 1 cigar... It is a lie, and a cave period... If you remember day 1 you would be wise to embrace NAFAR as your motto, and remember NICOTINE is the enemy in all its forms...
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Hell Yeah!!

THis one gets it!! Bravo!!!
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: jake
Quote from: Diesel2112
Hey Minny.  If you think you can reinvent ktc and type NAFAR and then in the very next sentence say you will still have an occasional cigar with your father in law, then your sadly mistaken.  You did write such a thing in ET's thread.

This is a NO nicotine site.  As in zero.

Got it?

If not, gtfo.

No disrespect.
X4 you really need to check yourself 2 caves from May to June you are an albatross for new quitters

:scowick:

There are no such things as "Special Butterflies" Scowick

Drink the Kool Aid or GTFO!!

J
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Erussell
Hey Minny.  If you think you can reinvent ktc and type NAFAR and then in the very next sentence say you will still have an occasional cigar with your father in law, then your sadly mistaken.  You did write such a thing in ET's thread.

Got it?

If not, gtfo.

No disrespect.
X4 you really need to check yourself 2 caves from May to June you are an albatross for new quitters
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »

Got it?

If not, gtfo.

No disrespect.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
Hey Minny. If you think you can reinvent ktc and type NAFAR and then in the very next sentence say you will still have an occasional cigar with your father in law, then your sadly mistaken. You did write such a thing in ET's thread.

This is a NO nicotine site. As in zero.

Got it?

If not, gtfo.

No disrespect.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
Hey Minny. If you think you can reinvent ktc and type NAFAR and then in the very next sentence say you will still have an occasional cigar with your father in law, then your sadly mistaken. You did write such a thing in ET's thread.

This is a NO nicotine site. As in zero.

Got it?

If not, gtfo.

No disrespect.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
Day 15
Things are going pretty well, though I was one crabby SOB at times yesterday.

It's great to have spent all day with my family walking around the lakes without ever even thinking about nic. Now we're home and I'm NOT looking for an excuse that would give me an opportunity to have a chew. Before I was quit, this I would have been gameplanning on how I would work in my next fix. Sometimes it was as simple as running an errand or doing a chore in the garage. But many times I would leave the house for several hours to go "watch the game" with a buddy or something. Yeah, I would go watch 'the game', but I really didn't give a shit if the Lions beat the Cardinals on Sunday Night Football. It was just a place to chew in peace.

Looking back on it, I wonder how many things I did that I otherwise wouldn't have done, all in order to get nicotine into my system. Seriously, instead of hanging out with my wife, I'd instead be doing ANYTHING that was plausible in order to sit there with a fat chew in my lip.

I wasn't directly lying to my wife. She knew I chewed. If she asked about it, I told her the truth. My lying was lying of omission, which worked well because we had been operating under a pretty solid Don't Ask Don't Tell policy.

I'm also guilty of Bill Clinton-esque "it depends on what your definition of is is" lies. Wife: "Have you been chewing lately?" Me: "Every now and then, yeah. I'm working on it, though." In this instance every now and then could mean every time I drove my car and then again when I was at my desk.

TL;DR - I like not finding reasons to be away, just so I could chew. While I wasn't directly lying to my wife, I felt guilty for other forms of lies.

Congrats to all of you for adding a +1. Keep it up.
wow, I remember having those same realizations Minnie. It sounds like you "get this". day 15 huh, you are doing great, light years ahead of where I was at day 15. Stay the course man. Let me know if you need anything.

Ryan

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
Day 15
Things are going pretty well, though I was one crabby SOB at times yesterday.

It's great to have spent all day with my family walking around the lakes without ever even thinking about nic. Now we're home and I'm NOT looking for an excuse that would give me an opportunity to have a chew. Before I was quit, this I would have been gameplanning on how I would work in my next fix. Sometimes it was as simple as running an errand or doing a chore in the garage. But many times I would leave the house for several hours to go "watch the game" with a buddy or something. Yeah, I would go watch 'the game', but I really didn't give a shit if the Lions beat the Cardinals on Sunday Night Football. It was just a place to chew in peace.

Looking back on it, I wonder how many things I did that I otherwise wouldn't have done, all in order to get nicotine into my system. Seriously, instead of hanging out with my wife, I'd instead be doing ANYTHING that was plausible in order to sit there with a fat chew in my lip.

I wasn't directly lying to my wife. She knew I chewed. If she asked about it, I told her the truth. My lying was lying of omission, which worked well because we had been operating under a pretty solid Don't Ask Don't Tell policy.

I'm also guilty of Bill Clinton-esque "it depends on what your definition of is is" lies. Wife: "Have you been chewing lately?" Me: "Every now and then, yeah. I'm working on it, though." In this instance every now and then could mean every time I drove my car and then again when I was at my desk.

TL;DR - I like not finding reasons to be away, just so I could chew. While I wasn't directly lying to my wife, I felt guilty for other forms of lies.

Congrats to all of you for adding a +1. Keep it up.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
Day 13
Yesterday was a breeze. I was around the nic bitch all damn day and I had cravings, but it was easy to keep my quit.

I am really enjoying not lying to my wife. I was reading a post this morning from Diesel2112 that realized that he spent his days paving the way to his next dip. Shit, I think that was me, too. I wonder how much more time I will spend with my family now that I quit.

You all rock. Enjoy the weekend.
'40' '40' '40'
Test: '40'

YEAH! Thank you jhaenel!
Someone smarter than me said something like "it's amazing what you can see by the light of your burning boat."

Nice work bud. Embrace that accountability. It's like making you whole again while we separate out the addict.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
Day 13
Yesterday was a breeze. I was around the nic bitch all damn day and I had cravings, but it was easy to keep my quit.

I am really enjoying not lying to my wife. I was reading a post this morning from Diesel2112 that realized that he spent his days paving the way to his next dip. Shit, I think that was me, too. I wonder how much more time I will spend with my family now that I quit.

'40' '40' '40'
Test: '40'

YEAH! Thank you jhaenel!
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Day 13

'40' '40' '40'
It is amazing how much time you have to spend with family, friends. I never realized how much time I wasted with them. The fun part of quitting for me has been discovering the new "Greg" and to be honest I like him much better!!

Keep adding +1's

Anyone can quit for just one day....
STAY QUIT
Greg
Yea isn't freedom wonderful!!! Quit with you.