Author Topic: Ready to Quit  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Ready to Quit
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
Quote from: JLS21
Well I've made it a week but don't feel like I've accomplished much. I got about 2 hours of sleep last night. I was laying in bed with my girlfriend and the only damn thing I could think about was a fucking dip. There is so much wrong about that. These damn mind games are driving me crazy, fuck me for ever starting.
It's a major accomplishment. Take pride in it. Stay tough, it will get better
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline JLS21

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »
Well I've made it a week but don't feel like I've accomplished much. I got about 2 hours of sleep last night. I was laying in bed with my girlfriend and the only damn thing I could think about was a fucking dip. There is so much wrong about that. These damn mind games are driving me crazy, fuck me for ever starting.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2013, 05:19:00 AM »
Great work JLS21. I am not much of a runner, but as a fellow addict, that running you're doing is probably giving your body a nice dose of adrenaline, which feels good and will definately get you through the crave.

Dont look now man, but you are winning. Keep it up!!

Ryan

Offline humbledteacher

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-11-23
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 11:56:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
How's the day treating you bro? What's the best thing you have found to do when you are craving?
Today's been okay for the most part, but I can tell I'm a bit on edge now. When I'm having an unbearable crave I put my running shoes on and head out the door and just run until I can't anymore. I've also been going through tons of sunflower seeds. [/QUOTE]
I've been doing the same thing, bro. Hang in there. I'm glad to have you in March with us.
Quit Date: 11/23/13

Offline JLS21

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
How's the day treating you bro? What's the best thing you have found to do when you are craving? [/QUOTE]
Today's been okay for the most part, but I can tell I'm a bit on edge now. When I'm having an unbearable crave I put my running shoes on and head out the door and just run until I can't anymore. I've also been going through tons of sunflower seeds.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Grizzfall
Thanks for all the advice and support. It's been a tough day but I'm still quit. Appreciate it y'all.
Welcome,
Not sure what your background is but i'm going to throw a little science your way. Your, now fogged brain, is still solidifying into the pile of adult goo that will be your body's hard drive for the rest of your life. Up until about 25yrs old the brain is super malleable. It can recover more quickly from life's tramas than that of say, someone twice your age. It can also unlearn addiction more readily now, than ten years from now. Im sure you get where I am going with this.
It will never be easier than now. Keep posting and be proud that you have the wisdom to recognize addiction and do something about it.
-Grizzfall
Read that ^^^^^^ again. I say the same thing.
How's the day treating you bro? What's the best thing you have found to do when you are craving?

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Grizzfall
Thanks for all the advice and support. It's been a tough day but I'm still quit. Appreciate it y'all.
Welcome,
Not sure what your background is but i'm going to throw a little science your way. Your, now fogged brain, is still solidifying into the pile of adult goo that will be your body's hard drive for the rest of your life. Up until about 25yrs old the brain is super malleable. It can recover more quickly from life's tramas than that of say, someone twice your age. It can also unlearn addiction more readily now, than ten years from now. Im sure you get where I am going with this.
It will never be easier than now. Keep posting and be proud that you have the wisdom to recognize addiction and do something about it.
-Grizzfall
Read that ^^^^^^ again. I say the same thing.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Grizzfall

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying quit.Staying sane.Being more productive
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 07:22:00 AM »
Welcome,
-Grizzfall
-Grizzfall
"This personal torture has a good ending right?"

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 12:55:00 AM »
Welcome! I applaud you for making this decision while you still have many years ahead of you. I wasted years of my life and tons of money on a stupid addiction and only wish I would have pulled my head out of my ass sooner.
Get lots of phone numbers and get to know the great folks on the site. Having connections with other quitters could save your life!

Offline dipweasel

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »
Welcome! Congrats on your CHOICE to quit. It's just like anything else you choose NOT to do. I assume you don't rob banks, kick old ladies, or cuss your mom. Why not? Because you aren't THAT guy. You are no longer the guy who dips. Easy!

Offline JLS21

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »

Offline Sage

• Quitter
  • Interests: My husband, my boys 15 yo and 12 yo, camping, boating, quilting
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
You can do this JLS! All of us here wondered if we could really quit and stay quit. We found out the answer is a resounding YES! Follow the below advice and quit with us one day at a time.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »
That was your last day one keep adding +1's odaat one day at a time. Lots of bad asses already here need anything pm me.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »
Certainly not much to add here. Post roll everyday. Jump in chat when you can, I lived in there for probably 300ish days. Get some numbers and do not be afraid to use them. One day at a time is what we preach, but break it down to one hour, one minute, one breath at a time if needed.

Freedom isn't free, but the fight is worth it!!

jbradley-444 (James)

Offline Boelker62

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 8/27/12
  • Interests: CrossFit. Period. Started July 2013, now coaching as of May 2015. Love every fucking minute of it.Running, trail running specifically.World-class craft beers every once in a while.Spending time with my beautiful wife, Erin, and my wonderful Pit Bull Julia, remembering the wonderful 3 years we had and gave to our old man Pit, Monty, dealing with our high energy little fucker of a pocket pittie, Danny, aka #wildmandan.Philadelphia Eagles/Phillies/Flyers.That's about it.
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
Damn, I jumped on here to help out, only to see so many other serious, no fuckin' bullshit quitters already here in your corner.

Some days, I'm long-winded, some succinct. Today i think I'll be the latter.

Read, read, read.
Learn, learn, learn.
Post roll, post roll, honor your word.

All your answers will lie in those three suggestions. If you haven't absorbed the entire site top to bottom yet, read.

If you really want to get a firm grasp of how and why nicotine does what it does when we allow it, learn.

Post roll. Honor your word.