Author Topic: New Here  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: New Here
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
Your Group:
topic/10927055/33/#new
How to post roll:
topic/1003072/1/

Cold turkey advice; get gum, seeds, candy (fireballs and jolly ranchers) and some fake chew.
Get a wide variety so you can mix it up when bored or irritated of the other kinds.
Some people like the fake chew some don't, but anything to help you stay quit.
Also, stash the candy, gum, fake, etc. in all your old chewing places (car, golf bag, work, etc.) always be ready for the nic bitch to pounce!

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »
You'll be in May 2015. Your month is for when you hit 100 days

Offline stephenbrown

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 09:52:00 AM »
Skip,

this site is the only reason I have made it 40 days and counting, use it everyday. reach out to the other quitters and keep in touch. I text with several others like Pab1964 every morning just to say hey and I quit with you today. post roll everyday as this is your commitment to the group and don't be afraid to ask questions. I opened up about the anxiety issues I was having with my quit and got nothing but support. this is what this site is all about, we are all here to support you, give words of encouragement or a kick in the ass when needed. throw the crap in the trash and don't look back

Sent you a PM

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 11:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Skip84
Post roll directions don't make sense to me. What is my quit page?
Your quit groups may 2015 go in get on last page hit reply bottom left hand corner type name day 1 and my brother you will get some help!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Skip84

• Quit Date: 2015-02-26
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 11:18:00 PM »
Post roll directions don't make sense to me. What is my quit page?

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 10:42:00 PM »
So, if I go it cold turkey, what advice can you guys give me in terms of what I guy needs on hand to be successful, such as fake chew, sunflower seeds etcÂ…. I do appreciate all the responses and yes, I want to quit, I've been at this for 33 years. I did quit once for a stinking year and started again. I know if I can kick it this time, I will never make that mistake again!!! This sure seems like a site that is very supportive of one another!!
Look here my brother, 38 years dipping day 30 quit=ktc post roll every damn day! Read all you can in here and listen! Gotta want it and admit your an addict and help yourself, that means never feel sorry for yourself! I'm currently chewing sugarfree gum and using bacoff no nicoten tobacco free herbal shit but definitely helps! If you really want to quit post roll and get all the help you need from these bad ass quitters!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Skip84

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
So, if I go it cold turkey, what advice can you guys give me in terms of what I guy needs on hand to be successful, such as fake chew, sunflower seeds etcÂ…. I do appreciate all the responses and yes, I want to quit, I've been at this for 33 years. I did quit once for a stinking year and started again. I know if I can kick it this time, I will never make that mistake again!!! This sure seems like a site that is very supportive of one another!!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 07:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Cold turkey is the only way anyway on this site has quit. I'm sure there are all different kinds of ways to quit but this is the only way I know works. Setting a quit date is addict talk. Why not quit right here right now? Clearly you want to quit otherwise you wouldn't have found the site. If you really want yo quit...really really want to be done with dip being a part of your life...walk over to your toilet and flush all your dip and get on with this. You aren't going to be in any better condition to quit days from now Sack up.
Skip... Read the Welcome Center and see what this is about. If you were an alcoholic and drank a 24 pack of Bud every night... How would you quit? Would you just drink a six pack to wean yourself? How about switching to wine instead of Beer? All bad ideas. Same goes here. You can't wean.... You can't switch to using the patch or e-cigs. Reason being .... You are still conducting the same activity to which you are addicted. You got to pull the plug completely. Quit cold turkey and change your life. I did it. I know you can do it. You just need to be ready and do it.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 06:31:00 PM »
Cold turkey is the only way anyway on this site has quit. I'm sure there are all different kinds of ways to quit but this is the only way I know works. Setting a quit date is addict talk. Why not quit right here right now? Clearly you want to quit otherwise you wouldn't have found the site. If you really want yo quit...really really want to be done with dip being a part of your life...walk over to your toilet and flush all your dip and get on with this. You aren't going to be in any better condition to quit days from now Sack up.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 05:00:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
New here, just looking around, have been thinking about quitting this nasty habit for quite some time. I've been chewing for over 30 years. It is best to have a quit date and start cutting back or just go cold turkey? Not sure how to go about it but I do think it's time before it gets me.
Hey skip, Pab here! Welcome to the family! You post roll, listen and read all you can you can quit with help from rest these bad ass quitters here! I'm 38 year dipper on day 30 quit! Proud of every moment tried several times just like you first time I've ever had confidence I was gonna do this and it's because I found this place! Come join we quit ODAAT here!
Come on in the water is fine!!!
Cold turkey is the best way! It is easy to just think, tomorrow, next week, cut back, or ease into it...
But quit today and just think by the super bowl you will be 7 days quit!

Offline flrednek28

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Jan 23, 2015
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 04:58:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
New here, just looking around, have been thinking about quitting this nasty habit for quite some time. I've been chewing for over 30 years. It is best to have a quit date and start cutting back or just go cold turkey? Not sure how to go about it but I do think it's time before it gets me.
Hey skip, Pab here! Welcome to the family! You post roll, listen and read all you can you can quit with help from rest these bad ass quitters here! I'm 38 year dipper on day 30 quit! Proud of every moment tried several times just like you first time I've ever had confidence I was gonna do this and it's because I found this place! Come join we quit ODAAT here!
Hey Skip84, Flrednek here,I am new quiter, Day 4 here, used the nicotine bitch for 24 years. Cold Turkey, throw everything away, first 3 days sucked, today day 4 was better, only way to do it is just doit!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »

Offline Skip84

New Here
« on: January 26, 2015, 02:52:00 PM »