Author Topic: Johnnodip  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Johnnodip

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: Johnnodip
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 09:37:00 AM »
It's going pretty good so far. Had a really bad craving last night. Normally, I would wait for my wife to go to sleep then get up and take my shower. And, that of course, was dip time in the shower. AARRRGGGHHHH!

But, once I got in there without any dip, it wasn't long before the craving went away. Woke up this morning feeling fine.

I had a schedule of when I would dip throughout the day. Now, I've noticed, that once I get past those times, I'm fine and I don't think about it. that last one at night was a big one, though, because that's the dip I always looked forward to.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Johnnodip
Thanks dudes. Really, it's more like a day and a half, because I got the last dip yesterday at lunch time.

I found out that my oldest brother had quit a while back, my best friend from high school quit smoking (and he had smoked longer than I had dipped), and another good friend that I don't get to talk to that often had quit last year around this time. I was like if all three of them have done it, I have no excuse. Time to put it down!
How is the quit going! Get active on the site, read everything, and build a network of support.
It is going to take a while to break the addictive cycle and re-wire the brain after 20 years of chewing.
Get some fellow quitters cell phone numbers (digits)
Charles

Offline Johnnodip

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »
Thanks dudes. Really, it's more like a day and a half, because I got the last dip yesterday at lunch time.

I found out that my oldest brother had quit a while back, my best friend from high school quit smoking (and he had smoked longer than I had dipped), and another good friend that I don't get to talk to that often had quit last year around this time. I was like if all three of them have done it, I have no excuse. Time to put it down!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:01:00 AM »
Welcome to Day 3 once you post roll. Day 3 can be hell on Earth, but stick close to here, and know that the worst is nearly over.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Yup. You're in the right place fo' sho'. I see you posted yesterday, and today. That's awesome! Two days of freedom. It feels like shit right now, I know, but you can do this. Another 24 hours or so and the nicotine is out of your system. For. Good.

You posted roll today, so you're already winning. Keep your word. That's all we ask. Tomorrow will come, and we'll do it all over again.

While you are here, I'm sure you are, but read everthing you can. There are many of us here with the same story you have. I don't say that to belittle your story, just letting you know, 'we get it'.

If you need anything, don't hestiate to reach out.

Welcome brother.

-Nolaq - Day 1,703
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Johnnodip

• Epic Quitter
Johnnodip
« on: November 13, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »
It looks like I've found the right place.
I'm sure my story is a lot like other ones here. Been dipping for over 20 years, tried to quit a few times, got good at hiding it, but now I'm ready to quit for good. But, I do need help. I can't do it on my own.