Author Topic: writers block  (Read 5883 times)

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: writers block
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2013, 01:05:00 AM »
Day 5 still alive. Kept in touch with several people all day via text. Good quit and support and I even got to give that back to some people. Who would have thought? Still have a long way to go, but the last several days have witnessed being connected to something much bigger than myself which, in my belief, is what I need to beat this thing. . . Back beast!

Peace

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: gorilla1
Quote from: traumagnet
Day 4. I had a lot of feedback and support from a lot of people on here today. I was blessed to have some guys to text with during the work day who hadn't yet given up on even though perhaps they should have. Thank you for that. I stayed quit today. My belligerence seems to be lightening as the days pass as well and I find myself more willing to listen and absorb some of the stuff here. Not any for any reason for this guy. Rain or shine, win or lose, she leaves or stays, whatever. There is no reason to put that poison in me. There is no reason to change my perception of this experience. Remembering that seems to be the hardest thing. It's like I've got a built in forgetter. One of the reasons this site helps is that it facilitates that faculty for me. Thanks.
Tony
NAFAR Tony never again for ANY reason ....this is your masterpiece our last QUIT. It does seem like you are beginning to drink the koolaid. Keep adding the +1's. I won't lie to you this isn't easy there is no cure follow the teachings of the site do what is asked of you and press on.
I'm seeing some of the tony coming forth. This is good. Tony is the one i want to help.

You see I don't really like The one that's been leading tony around. The one that has had tony bound. The one that causes Tony to question his dignity and lose sight of his purpose here.

Reach deep man. I like the words trauma used. Make this your masterpiece, your final quit. That was great words from a great quitter. With him in your corner you can't go wrong.

Its time tony, no more!! You want this,, you have to take it! The poison is not going to just give it to you.

I know you can do this. We all want you to succeed. I know I've been hard with my words, but i was trying to piss you off a bit. Get pissed off at the poison. Look what its, done to us man. We are worth more than being slaves. We are worth more than letting a can of dirt run our lives. Freedom brother. Learn to hate the poison and quitting will get easier.

Need some more digits let me know. Quit with you.

Feeling humbled and uplifted this morning. Lotta love from these dudes in my corner. Taking my freedom back today. We are quit together. Alone I'm worthless. Thank you.
see if that works
:)
I sent you a PM with my info. Please use it. This is your freedom man, and freedom never comes without a cost, stay the coarse and i bet you will be out of hell before the devil even knows your there! Its hell, we know, but your are winning! I will quit with you every day and I will do it as hard as I can or as hard as you need me too, whichever is the greater! Erussell
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2013, 09:06:00 AM »
Quote from: CBird65
Day 4. I had a lot of feedback and support from a lot of people on here today. I was blessed to have some guys to text with during the work day who hadn't yet given up on even though perhaps they should have. Thank you for that. I stayed quit today. My belligerence seems to be lightening as the days pass as well and I find myself more willing to listen and absorb some of the stuff here. Not any for any reason for this guy. Rain or shine, win or lose, she leaves or stays, whatever. There is no reason to put that poison in me. There is no reason to change my perception of this experience. Remembering that seems to be the hardest thing. It's like I've got a built in forgetter. One of the reasons this site helps is that it facilitates that faculty for me. Thanks.
Tony
NAFAR Tony never again for ANY reason ....this is your masterpiece our last QUIT. It does seem like you are beginning to drink the koolaid. Keep adding the +1's. I won't lie to you this isn't easy there is no cure follow the teachings of the site do what is asked of you and press on.
I'm seeing some of the tony coming forth. This is good. Tony is the one i want to help.

You see I don't really like The one that's been leading tony around. The one that has had tony bound. The one that causes Tony to question his dignity and lose sight of his purpose here.

Reach deep man. I like the words trauma used. Make this your masterpiece, your final quit. That was great words from a great quitter. With him in your corner you can't go wrong.

Its time tony, no more!! You want this,, you have to take it! The poison is not going to just give it to you.

I know you can do this. We all want you to succeed. I know I've been hard with my words, but i was trying to piss you off a bit. Get pissed off at the poison. Look what its, done to us man. We are worth more than being slaves. We are worth more than letting a can of dirt run our lives. Freedom brother. Learn to hate the poison and quitting will get easier.

Feeling humbled and uplifted this morning. Lotta love from these dudes in my corner. Taking my freedom back today. We are quit together. Alone I'm worthless. Thank you.
see if that works
:)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
Tony

see if that works
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »
Somehow I fucked that post up. Can I get a little help here?

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
Tony

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2013, 07:01:00 AM »
Tony

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2013, 01:29:00 AM »
Tony
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2013, 01:05:00 AM »
Tony

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Minny
I also have a mental obsession with the shit that continues to last longer than the period of physical addiction which, even when totally free from the chemical clutches of nicotine, calls my name like a siren.
Nicotine addiction is a physiological and mental state of compulsion. You are no different than any other nicotine addict.

The nic bitch sings a Siren's song, no doubt. But as you pointed out it's a melody of lies that tries to lure you to disaster.

It takes balls to own up to a cave and get back on track. I would know.

Don't worry about agreeing with 100% of these quitters or these principles. Just do the following and worry about 'today' everyday:

1. Make a promise by posting roll.
2. Don't use any nicotine that day. Not Any For Any Reason (my version of NAFAR).

It's not easy, but it's simple and it WORKS.

Man up.
Well put Minny you got some quit wood growing here...you have come a long way your mindset has changed I am very proud of you. I quit with you today.

Gorilla lots of good quit wood in your thread drink up. Not abstract concepts at all here just plain and simple quit going on.
Gorilla.... You are getting a lot of good feedback here. I hope you take it for what it is worth. We all want to see you succeed. First you must own your quit!

Minny.... I've watched your posts recently and I gotta tell you that I like what I have seen. I doubted you in the past but I have seen some strong quit going on. Well done. Gorilla... Listen to him.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Minny
I also have a mental obsession with the shit that continues to last longer than the period of physical addiction which, even when totally free from the chemical clutches of nicotine, calls my name like a siren.
Nicotine addiction is a physiological and mental state of compulsion. You are no different than any other nicotine addict.

The nic bitch sings a Siren's song, no doubt. But as you pointed out it's a melody of lies that tries to lure you to disaster.

Don't worry about agreeing with 100% of these quitters or these principles. Just do the following and worry about 'today' everyday:

2. Don't use any nicotine that day. Not Any For Any Reason (my version of NAFAR).

Man up.
Well put Minny you got some quit wood growing here...you have come a long way your mindset has changed I am very proud of you. I quit with you today.

Gorilla lots of good quit wood in your thread drink up. Not abstract concepts at all here just plain and simple quit going on.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »

Man up.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Listen, the reason I caved is because I"m a fucking addict. When I put that shit in my body I have a physical compulsion to keep adding more. That's quite simple with addictive substances and if it were the only component of my illness than the simple answer would be to just not dip. Put it down, sweat it out and then never take another.  I also have a mental obsession with the shit that continues to last longer than the period of physical addiction which, even when totally free from the chemical clutches of nicotine, calls my name like a siren. And I pick it up again based on a lie that I can handle it, that it will be different this time.

There ya go, that's what happens to me every fucking time.

I've been in some communication with some guys from this site and they've been very helpful and supportive. I'll stick with them. So if you've got some pearls of wisdom about being a pussy or taking up space here or some other pathological projection for me please can it and save it for another guy.
You know, I don't usually post in on this type of thing but brother just quit. Look at the pictures on this site and read the materials here about those who battle cancer and have battled cancer. That should get your mind right real quick. If it doesn't then perhaps you need further help. We all at some point have gone through this and we all think or have thought we are special butterflies and there is something magical about a little round can with $hit in it and it keeps drawing us back. Dude, it's always going to be that way and the quicker you learn that, the better off you will be and the quicker you can quit.

Post roll every day, promise not to use nicotine in any form, repeat the next day. It's really not a difficult process. I had to get up off my ass and do this every day and I will continue to do this everyday. You need to do the same because you and I are special butterflies and think we can control the magical $hit in a little round can.

PM me if you need my digits and I'll be happy to support you EDD (Every Damn Day)
Why are you here? Really?

You are the guy that shows up on a 3rd cave avoids accountability. You finally respond and now I have to read your complaints because you do not get the type of support you want. You know the drill here and you tried to avoid it. Bogus.

Read this: Exemplify Humility and Intellectual Honesty. Constantly seek to understand and constructively deal with reality to create value and achieve personal improvement. Hold yourself and others accountable.

You caved because you are an addict? Shit we all are. I am. Fuck me.

Q: Do we all cave?

A: No.

I know you want a certain type of support for you are a unique and special butterfly. Here is some support. Drink the damn Kool-Aid. Quit being a drive by quitter.

I have no idea why you keep caving. None.
I have no idea why you are here. Really.
I have no idea why it will take for you to quit. None.
I have no idea how to support you in a meaningful way. None.
I have no idea if this quit will stick. None.
When you figure the shit out, write it. Then we will work on helping you to break your addiction.
Listen to this guy ^^^, he knows what he is talking about.
Not all addicts are doomed to cave. We are here because we chose to quit. We choose every day to not use tobacco.
Your logic is totally addict babble, lame words attempting to excuse the fact that you chose to be weak and cave.
Own your cave, own your quit. Or be a slave. These are all choices.
Caving is a choice! Remaining quit is a choice! I have done both and today I have chosen to remain free! Which choice will you make? It is only for one day after all! Simple!
Well fuck me...and here I thought I was the only addict on KTC. Good to know there are others....

Special butterflies need not apply. :scowick:

p.s. I find it ironic that this smilie is called "scowick"
Make Your Decision

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Listen, the reason I caved is because I"m a fucking addict. When I put that shit in my body I have a physical compulsion to keep adding more. That's quite simple with addictive substances and if it were the only component of my illness than the simple answer would be to just not dip. Put it down, sweat it out and then never take another.  I also have a mental obsession with the shit that continues to last longer than the period of physical addiction which, even when totally free from the chemical clutches of nicotine, calls my name like a siren. And I pick it up again based on a lie that I can handle it, that it will be different this time.

I've been in some communication with some guys from this site and they've been very helpful and supportive. I'll stick with them. So if you've got some pearls of wisdom about being a pussy or taking up space here or some other pathological projection for me please can it and save it for another guy.
You know, I don't usually post in on this type of thing but brother just quit. Look at the pictures on this site and read the materials here about those who battle cancer and have battled cancer. That should get your mind right real quick. If it doesn't then perhaps you need further help. We all at some point have gone through this and we all think or have thought we are special butterflies and there is something magical about a little round can with $hit in it and it keeps drawing us back. Dude, it's always going to be that way and the quicker you learn that, the better off you will be and the quicker you can quit.

Post roll every day, promise not to use nicotine in any form, repeat the next day. It's really not a difficult process. I had to get up off my ass and do this every day and I will continue to do this everyday. You need to do the same because you and I are special butterflies and think we can control the magical $hit in a little round can.

PM me if you need my digits and I'll be happy to support you EDD (Every Damn Day)

You are the guy that shows up on a 3rd cave avoids accountability. You finally respond and now I have to read your complaints because you do not get the type of support you want. You know the drill here and you tried to avoid it. Bogus.

Read this: Exemplify Humility and Intellectual Honesty. Constantly seek to understand and constructively deal with reality to create value and achieve personal improvement. Hold yourself and others accountable.

I know you want a certain type of support for you are a unique and special butterfly. Here is some support. Drink the damn Kool-Aid. Quit being a drive by quitter.

When you figure the shit out, write it. Then we will work on helping you to break your addiction.
Not all addicts are doomed to cave. We are here because we chose to quit. We choose every day to not use tobacco.
Your logic is totally addict babble, lame words attempting to excuse the fact that you chose to be weak and cave.
Caving is a choice! Remaining quit is a choice! I have done both and today I have chosen to remain free! Which choice will you make? It is only for one day after all! Simple!

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »

Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14