Author Topic: writers block  (Read 5885 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: writers block
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: gorilla1
Listen, the reason I caved is because I"m a fucking addict. When I put that shit in my body I have a physical compulsion to keep adding more. That's quite simple with addictive substances and if it were the only component of my illness than the simple answer would be to just not dip. Put it down, sweat it out and then never take another.  I also have a mental obsession with the shit that continues to last longer than the period of physical addiction which, even when totally free from the chemical clutches of nicotine, calls my name like a siren. And I pick it up again based on a lie that I can handle it, that it will be different this time.

There ya go, that's what happens to me every fucking time.

I've been in some communication with some guys from this site and they've been very helpful and supportive. I'll stick with them. So if you've got some pearls of wisdom about being a pussy or taking up space here or some other pathological projection for me please can it and save it for another guy.
You know, I don't usually post in on this type of thing but brother just quit. Look at the pictures on this site and read the materials here about those who battle cancer and have battled cancer. That should get your mind right real quick. If it doesn't then perhaps you need further help. We all at some point have gone through this and we all think or have thought we are special butterflies and there is something magical about a little round can with $hit in it and it keeps drawing us back. Dude, it's always going to be that way and the quicker you learn that, the better off you will be and the quicker you can quit.

Post roll every day, promise not to use nicotine in any form, repeat the next day. It's really not a difficult process. I had to get up off my ass and do this every day and I will continue to do this everyday. You need to do the same because you and I are special butterflies and think we can control the magical $hit in a little round can.

PM me if you need my digits and I'll be happy to support you EDD (Every Damn Day)
Hey gorilla... U just described the addiction that we are all dealing with in this post. It sucks. I hate it too. If u want to be quit what are u going to do different? Sounds like you are giving up. Don't do that. You had some success here. Figure out how to make the success stick.
Why are you here? Really?

You are the guy that shows up on a 3rd cave avoids accountability. You finally respond and now I have to read your complaints because you do not get the type of support you want. You know the drill here and you tried to avoid it. Bogus.

Read this: Exemplify Humility and Intellectual Honesty. Constantly seek to understand and constructively deal with reality to create value and achieve personal improvement. Hold yourself and others accountable.

You caved because you are an addict? Shit we all are. I am. Fuck me.

Q: Do we all cave?

A: No.

I know you want a certain type of support for you are a unique and special butterfly. Here is some support. Drink the damn Kool-Aid. Quit being a drive by quitter.

I have no idea why you keep caving. None.
I have no idea why you are here. Really.
I have no idea why it will take for you to quit. None.
I have no idea how to support you in a meaningful way. None.
I have no idea if this quit will stick. None.

When you figure the shit out, write it. Then we will work on helping you to break your addiction.
^^^^^ Holy shit! I'm an addict? Fuck me!
I'm sorry, i Threw my last can away in february, so canning it is impossible. The question remains if your last can has been thrown out??

Your 3 answers suck at best, just like your restarts. I'm sill thinking your taking up valuable cyber space. Prove me wrong! I love being wrong when it comes to someone i believe can't make it a week.

You know, if you turn that anger towards the poison you might make it more than a week before the siren starts calling you again. That's your words, not mine. Mine would go something like this. It ordered you back like a slave. You went running so fast you almost tripped.

How pissed are you now??

I hope your so pissed you stay quit. Prove me wrong! I'll dance around a tree...

'dance' 'dance'
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
Listen, the reason I caved is because I"m a fucking addict. When I put that shit in my body I have a physical compulsion to keep adding more. That's quite simple with addictive substances and if it were the only component of my illness than the simple answer would be to just not dip. Put it down, sweat it out and then never take another.  I also have a mental obsession with the shit that continues to last longer than the period of physical addiction which, even when totally free from the chemical clutches of nicotine, calls my name like a siren. And I pick it up again based on a lie that I can handle it, that it will be different this time.

I've been in some communication with some guys from this site and they've been very helpful and supportive. I'll stick with them. So if you've got some pearls of wisdom about being a pussy or taking up space here or some other pathological projection for me please can it and save it for another guy.
You know, I don't usually post in on this type of thing but brother just quit. Look at the pictures on this site and read the materials here about those who battle cancer and have battled cancer. That should get your mind right real quick. If it doesn't then perhaps you need further help. We all at some point have gone through this and we all think or have thought we are special butterflies and there is something magical about a little round can with $hit in it and it keeps drawing us back. Dude, it's always going to be that way and the quicker you learn that, the better off you will be and the quicker you can quit.

Post roll every day, promise not to use nicotine in any form, repeat the next day. It's really not a difficult process. I had to get up off my ass and do this every day and I will continue to do this everyday. You need to do the same because you and I are special butterflies and think we can control the magical $hit in a little round can.

PM me if you need my digits and I'll be happy to support you EDD (Every Damn Day)
Hey gorilla... U just described the addiction that we are all dealing with in this post. It sucks. I hate it too. If u want to be quit what are u going to do different? Sounds like you are giving up. Don't do that. You had some success here. Figure out how to make the success stick.
I second all that. Your description aout the mental side of the addiction fits me to a T. I also fits every other nicotine addict... If it was just a matter of the physical addiction a nic addict could just get locked up for 3-5 days and never look back, but the mental aspect of the addiction is the real problem all nic addicts need to overcome EDD. That is why this site is the key for so many of us. Post roll every day as soon as you get up; make a promise not to use for one day and keep your word. Get involved with people through live chat or reading  posting on intro threads so you make real connections with some bad ass quitters. Get phone numbers so you can call or txt for help when it gets bad. I have done this in the past and it saved my quit. Read my intro if you want more on that. Stop remembering the poison fondly and start building up a hate and revulsion for all the wrongs done to you by U.S. Tobacco and their super addictive and utterly deadly poisons. Read srans intro for a crash coarse on hateing the poison. PM me if you want my # or need anything. I hope you read everything on KTC and start drinking the Kool-aid.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2013, 09:51:00 AM »

You are the guy that shows up on a 3rd cave avoids accountability. You finally respond and now I have to read your complaints because you do not get the type of support you want. You know the drill here and you tried to avoid it. Bogus.

Read this: Exemplify Humility and Intellectual Honesty. Constantly seek to understand and constructively deal with reality to create value and achieve personal improvement. Hold yourself and others accountable.

I know you want a certain type of support for you are a unique and special butterfly. Here is some support. Drink the damn Kool-Aid. Quit being a drive by quitter.

When you figure the shit out, write it. Then we will work on helping you to break your addiction.
^^^^^ Holy shit! I'm an addict? Fuck me!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
Listen, the reason I caved is because I"m a fucking addict.
No credit for partially correct answers.

You caved because you chose not to post roll that day
OR
You caved because you posted roll and chose to make your promises worthless
AND/OR
You caved because you failed to reach out to your fellow quitters for help in times of weakness.

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
Listen, the reason I caved is because I"m a fucking addict. When I put that shit in my body I have a physical compulsion to keep adding more. That's quite simple with addictive substances and if it were the only component of my illness than the simple answer would be to just not dip. Put it down, sweat it out and then never take another. I also have a mental obsession with the shit that continues to last longer than the period of physical addiction which, even when totally free from the chemical clutches of nicotine, calls my name like a siren. And I pick it up again based on a lie that I can handle it, that it will be different this time.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2013, 08:04:00 AM »
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: srans
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: traumagnet
Gorilla1,

NOT SO FAST

What happened?

Why did it happen?

What are you going to do different?

Sorry dude cost of admission you don't get to bump and run.

You have splaining to do before this gets any better for you.  You have obviously tried it your way several times and has not worked.  I am glad you want to stop but do you want to quit?  NO MORE STOPS sack up.
Serial caving going on - exactly how many times does it take??

Jan 13

Oct 13

you gonna give it another 'try' this time or put on your big boy pants and frickin drink the Kool-Aid.

Post roll every damn day and own this shit or GTFO
It looks to me like you actually logged in oct 2012 for the first time. Man,, you don't want to quit. Stop wasting cyber space.
'Popcorn'
Great job posting day 2. Still want to know why we had a day 1 yesterday. 'Popcorn'
'Popcorn' This dude is either a special butterfly or simply hasn't spent enough time on the site to read anything...
Answering the questions is really meant for you to think through why you have failed in the past. What are you going to do differently? So far you are doing the same things that led to caves, hardly a ringing endorsement that you really want to quit...
bump...again. Either you are avoiding these questions or you spend so little time on this site that you don't know these questions exist. It might explain your success rate.

'Popcorn'
Vegas is currently taking no action on Gheyrilla. The over - under is 36.5 days. 'Popcorn'
I will keep bumping until this shit is resolved. November 2013, you ok with this? 'finger point'

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Gorilla1,

NOT SO FAST

What happened?

Why did it happen?

You have splaining to do before this gets any better for you.  You have obviously tried it your way several times and has not worked.  I am glad you want to stop but do you want to quit?  NO MORE STOPS sack up.

Jan 13

Oct 13

you gonna give it another 'try' this time or put on your big boy pants and frickin drink the Kool-Aid.

It looks to me like you actually logged in oct 2012 for the first time. Man,, you don't want to quit. Stop wasting cyber space.
'Popcorn'
Great job posting day 2. Still want to know why we had a day 1 yesterday. 'Popcorn'
'Popcorn' This dude is either a special butterfly or simply hasn't spent enough time on the site to read anything...
Answering the questions is really meant for you to think through why you have failed in the past. What are you going to do differently? So far you are doing the same things that led to caves, hardly a ringing endorsement that you really want to quit...
bump...again. Either you are avoiding these questions or you spend so little time on this site that you don't know these questions exist. It might explain your success rate.

'Popcorn'
Vegas is currently taking no action on Gheyrilla. The over - under is 36.5 days. 'Popcorn'

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »
Gorilla1,

NOT SO FAST

What happened?

Why did it happen?

Jan 13

Oct 13

'Popcorn'

'Popcorn'

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
Gorilla1,

NOT SO FAST

What happened?

Why did it happen?

Jan 13

Oct 13

'Popcorn'
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
Gorilla1,

NOT SO FAST

What happened?

Why did it happen?

Jan 13

Oct 13

'Popcorn'

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
Gorilla1,

NOT SO FAST

What happened?

Why did it happen?

Jan 13

Oct 13

'Popcorn'