Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 13769 times)

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: Scottm1682
Quote from: KKLJINC
OK fellas, I am on day 22 and having a bad time. I am foggy again, and I feel like I am day 3. When do I get to stop thinking about chew every waking fucking moment?

Then we have all these fucking burn out caver fags! If you cave and come back that is cool, your owning up, but it's the guys who just drop that fucking piss me off. They quit quitting? So, not next month or next year whenever they can go through all this shit again? Fuck them, it really does piss me off, that they come here all big talk then stab me in the fucking back?

Sorry craving like a mother fucker, foggy and pissy!
Hang in there brother... I'm day 3 and looking up to guys like you.... No pressure on anything
Scott, thanks, no pressure, but I wont fail you, I wont fail myself, and I wont fail my family, I did roll with them this morning.

I am just feeling like fuck, today and I am VENTING FRUSTRATIONS!!!!!!!
Let it out!! I'm still waiting to break loose on someone at work lol
Hey there knuckle heads. Day 22 fog is most likely " two week weakness" it'll pass. Exercise will help clear things up, even a walk around the block. Try reducing your caffeine intake by half, and KEEP YOUR BLOOD SUGAR STEADY. Sipping on sweet juice like pineapple or cranberry will help.

If it is any consolation, I was trying to remember what a crave feels like this morning........... and couldn't.

Be patient, you'll get there just keep focused on today.

Sm -1516
I have thoughts like maybe once a month. Nothing more than "what would it feel like if i had a dip? Would it burn? Would I get a buzz?" Then I realize that I don't really care what it would feel like because there's no way I'm ever going back, that I posted roll and don't do that sheet anymore and I have a life to LIVE. It's that easy now.

Just like sM, I'm telling you this so that you will know what you're going through is so worth the freedom you will get on the other side. There will be tough times until 100 days and then long after, but it'll keep getting easier and you'll be more and more prepared to deal with the tough days. Just keep quitting until it no longer hurts. Then quit another day, etc.

Yell if you need anything.
Thank you fellers all of you! My quit was never in trouble or anything, I have already promised today. Just getting a little frustrated at the lack of commitment from some of these new people, that ride in all high and mighty, then cave in a few days.

I have choose to fully embrace the site, and try and send emails and pep talks and all that. So when a person quits quitting I have taken interest in it bugs me. I will be at the gym today again with vigor. Thank you for the support, and the rush of veterans coming to aid a new guy is pretty bad ass.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
OK fellas, I am on day 22 and having a bad time. I am foggy again, and I feel like I am day 3. When do I get to stop thinking about chew every waking fucking moment?

Then we have all these fucking burn out caver fags! If you cave and come back that is cool, your owning up, but it's the guys who just drop that fucking piss me off. They quit quitting? So, not next month or next year whenever they can go through all this shit again? Fuck them, it really does piss me off, that they come here all big talk then stab me in the fucking back?

Hang in there brother... I'm day 3 and looking up to guys like you.... No pressure on anything
Scott, thanks, no pressure, but I wont fail you, I wont fail myself, and I wont fail my family, I did roll with them this morning.

Hey there knuckle heads. Day 22 fog is most likely " two week weakness" it'll pass. Exercise will help clear things up, even a walk around the block. Try reducing your caffeine intake by half, and KEEP YOUR BLOOD SUGAR STEADY. Sipping on sweet juice like pineapple or cranberry will help.

If it is any consolation, I was trying to remember what a crave feels like this morning........... and couldn't.

Sm -1516
I have thoughts like maybe once a month. Nothing more than "what would it feel like if i had a dip? Would it burn? Would I get a buzz?" Then I realize that I don't really care what it would feel like because there's no way I'm ever going back, that I posted roll and don't do that sheet anymore and I have a life to LIVE. It's that easy now.

Just like sM, I'm telling you this so that you will know what you're going through is so worth the freedom you will get on the other side. There will be tough times until 100 days and then long after, but it'll keep getting easier and you'll be more and more prepared to deal with the tough days. Just keep quitting until it no longer hurts. Then quit another day, etc.

Yell if you need anything.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 02:54:00 PM »

Sm -1516
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gardening, Gaming - Ps3 and Xbox, work work work. Like big trucks and old cars. Camping-hiking- backpacking.
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »

Offline Marcusaurelius

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
Dude my digits are on the spreadsheet hit me up if you need to talk Bro.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »

Vent, vent, vent!!! It will get better. You will have really good days and still have some shitty funks but each won battle makes the ultimate war obtainable! You are understanding the fight that is what makes you different from weak quitters. They haven't grasped the impact our addiction has!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Wade

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »

Do something that will really engage your brain, preferably without other people around. Do you work out? If you do, go hit it and hit it hard and long...haha. Listen to loud rock and roll... Read a really good book. Something...

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »

Offline Scottm1682

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gardening, Gaming - Ps3 and Xbox, work work work. Like big trucks and old cars. Camping-hiking- backpacking.
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 01:36:00 PM »

Offline Marcusaurelius

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »
You the man!!! Major accomplishment! !!

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 06:35:00 PM »
So I go play golf today with a buddy, he is a closet dipper. About half way through the round he asks me for a chew. I toss him a bag of Spitz Cracked Pepper Seeds.

He gets a funny look on his face says

him: what the fuck is this?
Me; I quit chewing
him; why?
Me: cause I dont want cancer and I dont want to die. Plus you were always taking my dips on the golf course and I could not afford to support your habit and mine.
him; oh, with a dumb look on his face ( he is a cheap bastard)
me: oh BTW I just out drove you by 30 yards, your still my bitch.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: marcusaurelius
My first weekend off the shit I put together a trip to the cost with my wife and kids and some friends, to keep my mind off it.

My triggers have been tough, I am not a ninja dipper, so pretty much everything is a trigger for me. Hardest point is work, I chewed all day at work, so I sit here all day wanting the shit. But, now at least twice a day I will get up and go walk the facility. The employees at first looked at me like I was nuts, as I never go on the factory floor, I think most of thought they were in trouble.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Bravo, sir. That was a great post. All of it was great, but these parts really hit home with me. I did both of those.

Beyond comparison, I think sitting at my desk during the hour or so after lunch was my worst craving period. That took muscle. I got up countless times and walked 4 floors of stairs to the roof and back. It tooks texts, emails, and distractions, but I survived. You can do the same. Hang in there, friend. It gets much, much easier.

On a brighter note: excercising in this building has become habit. Two or three days a week during the inclimate season I do a circuit on the stairwells and abandoned areas. Getting healthier by the day.
Radman, that is funny, we also have four floors, I take two walks daily as well, once in the morning about 9, i'm usually in the office by 6 so by nine I am really feeling it. Then just like you said after lunch. Funny, we have a no tobacco policy, I have written people up for usage, just thought the policy never applied to me since I was the boss. what a freaking asshole right?

Triggers are a trip, it amazes me the things that will set me off. Last night I was cutting some BBQ up, had a Coors Light by my side, and I was hit with a crave so hard I had to shutter. I have have lived with chew longer than I have lived without it, so it blows me away how tied into my life it was.
You know guys I had the exact same thoughts in the shower this morning ( I am a shower thinker), not only have I been dipping longer than I have not, but I dont remember what it was like not to dip. I found myself watching tv last night, and had kinda of a weird feeling like I should be doing something...
Ditto, ditto, ditto. You guys are realizing all of this early in your quit, so that will help you. I started when I was 15 or 16, quit at 35. One of the vets here once pointed out that most of us have never dealt with adult life withouth nicotine. We've never felt the true highs or lows in life. That is where the rage comes from. Every time we've been really mad, the emotion was somewhat dulled by nicotine. Now it won't be. We feel the full force of it. I'm happy to point out that the same is true for all the other emotions. Be ready, folks. The first time something really big hits in your personal life, you'll be a basket case. It happened to me and I've seen it happen to other quitters first hand. Adrenaline/dopamine has a stronger effect, too. The first real experience there is quite amusing.

Marcus: You'll have many, many of those wierd feelings henceforth.

Jeff: Yes. You, sir, were a freaking asshole. So was I.

Be careful with the alcohol. It wil kill a quit in a hurry. At this stage in life, I'm not a heavy drinker anyway, but I COMPLETELY stopped for a couple months when I quit. It was just too risky for me personally.
Great, I have a temper already, this is going to be fun! I pitty the fool that finally pisses me off.

Last time I stopped my wife went out and purchased me a can after five days. But this time it's different, I am quitting for me. It has been a 100% different experience. Still sucks ass but a different kind of suck. Like when I first got into weight lifting, you craved the soreness after a good workout. Then after your body gets used to the routine, your not as sore anymore. That's how I treat my craves now. I look forward to a good strong crave so I can kick it's ass and move on.

well, having chewed my entire adult life, I can say I have been re-born, and get to see everything all brand new.
If you haven't already, bring your wife here. Explain it to her. Get her to read the spouse's section. I kept my wife in the dark for several weeks, and she finally called me out. I let her read that and she surfed around this site for quite a while. She apologized (not necessary) and said she had no idea what was involved. It was a turning point for me. I don't want to clutter up your intro with a bunch of details, but she was (and still is) one of the strongest pillars in my quit. She made countless excuses to the kids when I had to walk away avoiding a temper tantrum, bought me a HOF gift, showed up with an awesome cake when I hit 2 years, and the list goes on. She's been to several meets with me. Honestly, its's very helpful to have the spouse in your corner.

Being reborn is a great way to look at this. It's also a matter of pride cause we are succeeding.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
My first weekend off the shit I put together a trip to the cost with my wife and kids and some friends, to keep my mind off it.

My triggers have been tough, I am not a ninja dipper, so pretty much everything is a trigger for me. Hardest point is work, I chewed all day at work, so I sit here all day wanting the shit. But, now at least twice a day I will get up and go walk the facility. The employees at first looked at me like I was nuts, as I never go on the factory floor, I think most of thought they were in trouble.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Bravo, sir. That was a great post. All of it was great, but these parts really hit home with me. I did both of those.

Beyond comparison, I think sitting at my desk during the hour or so after lunch was my worst craving period. That took muscle. I got up countless times and walked 4 floors of stairs to the roof and back. It tooks texts, emails, and distractions, but I survived. You can do the same. Hang in there, friend. It gets much, much easier.

On a brighter note: excercising in this building has become habit. Two or three days a week during the inclimate season I do a circuit on the stairwells and abandoned areas. Getting healthier by the day.
Radman, that is funny, we also have four floors, I take two walks daily as well, once in the morning about 9, i'm usually in the office by 6 so by nine I am really feeling it. Then just like you said after lunch. Funny, we have a no tobacco policy, I have written people up for usage, just thought the policy never applied to me since I was the boss. what a freaking asshole right?

Triggers are a trip, it amazes me the things that will set me off. Last night I was cutting some BBQ up, had a Coors Light by my side, and I was hit with a crave so hard I had to shutter. I have have lived with chew longer than I have lived without it, so it blows me away how tied into my life it was.
You know guys I had the exact same thoughts in the shower this morning ( I am a shower thinker), not only have I been dipping longer than I have not, but I dont remember what it was like not to dip. I found myself watching tv last night, and had kinda of a weird feeling like I should be doing something...
Ditto, ditto, ditto. You guys are realizing all of this early in your quit, so that will help you. I started when I was 15 or 16, quit at 35. One of the vets here once pointed out that most of us have never dealt with adult life withouth nicotine. We've never felt the true highs or lows in life. That is where the rage comes from. Every time we've been really mad, the emotion was somewhat dulled by nicotine. Now it won't be. We feel the full force of it. I'm happy to point out that the same is true for all the other emotions. Be ready, folks. The first time something really big hits in your personal life, you'll be a basket case. It happened to me and I've seen it happen to other quitters first hand. Adrenaline/dopamine has a stronger effect, too. The first real experience there is quite amusing.

Be careful with the alcohol. It wil kill a quit in a hurry. At this stage in life, I'm not a heavy drinker anyway, but I COMPLETELY stopped for a couple months when I quit. It was just too risky for me personally.
Great, I have a temper already, this is going to be fun! I pitty the fool that finally pisses me off.

Last time I stopped my wife went out and purchased me a can after five days. But this time it's different, I am quitting for me. It has been a 100% different experience. Still sucks ass but a different kind of suck. Like when I first got into weight lifting, you craved the soreness after a good workout. Then after your body gets used to the routine, your not as sore anymore. That's how I treat my craves now. I look forward to a good strong crave so I can kick it's ass and move on.

well, having chewed my entire adult life, I can say I have been re-born, and get to see everything all brand new.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »

'clap' 'clap' 'clap'