Author Topic: Ready, set, go  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Drewdrew

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 2017-07-23
  • Interests: Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ready, set, go
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 06:48:00 AM »
Quote from: TH17
Thanks man,

Going to be a long journey but glad to see I'm not alone in it. Just posted my first roll call.
Since you read up on the stories, and the fact you'll be deep into day 2 when you read this, you already know it won't be easy. You are in the hardest part, though. You already made the hardest decision and plan. All you have to do now is not cave. Fight those cravings, most last 1-3 minutes. Throw out all your cans? Talk to folks on this site, every quit is different, and every person uses different tricks and methods. No nic today is the only goal and level we judge and grade on here. Congrats on making the quit, no better time than now
Quit: 7-23-17 at 8:30am.....after a cave

Offline TH17

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-11
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 03:53:00 AM »
Thanks man,

Going to be a long journey but glad to see I'm not alone in it. Just posted my first roll call.

Offline Harbinger17

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hockey more specifically the Minnesota Wild. Video games, Nerd stuff.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 03:37:00 AM »
Quote from: TH17
Well fellas,

I'm a 22 year old kid who stumbled upon dip and became a tin a day guy around 17 years old. I stumbled upon this site a year ago and read up on some of the stories. The fact of the matter is chewing tobacco has ruined my mentality. Its consumed my late night thoughts and has ruined my confidence in my own health. Yesterday was the day that I've decided to quit, not stop. The fact of the matter is I'm scared. Every time I get a cancer sore or bite my tongue and a white bump occurs I think I have cancer. This time is different than the other times I've tried to quit. I've never been more motivated. If I wasn't then I'd assure to you guys that I wouldn't disrespect these forums by not being all in with my endeavors. I envy people who don't have any addictions in their lives. Who can drive without throwing in a chew or who can sit in class and not crave. It's insane how scared I am that I might have some disease from dipping, to the point that I'm afraid to sit in a dentist chair because of the fear of bad news. Dipping has turned me into a hypochondriac. I started from my days of playing hockey, and it eventually consumed my every day life. As a college kid, its consumed my bank account which already isn't that great in the first place. I cant find one reason to not quit, except the fact that it is addicting. All in all, its time to get my life back. I know its going to be rough, but I guess that's why I decided to join this community, and to learn from others and to hear your stories. I feel weak, being an addict, and my goal is to over come the one thing that has been holding me down these years, and to live a healthy lifestyle, and to regain my self confidence and the confidence I once had when it comes to my own personal health. My first day without chew was hell, and I know its not going to get any easier for awhile but in the end I know its going to be worth it.

Cheers,

Tom
I had anxiety about my health all the time while I was chewing as well. The freedom of not having to worry about every sore is amazing. I'm glad to see your all in. Welcome to the group. I'm proud to be quit with you today.

Offline TH17

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 03:07:00 AM »
I'm only one day in but does any one know how to find which group I would be in. I guess my 100 day mark would be in April 2015.

Offline TH17

• Quitter
Ready, set, go
« on: January 12, 2015, 02:44:00 AM »
Well fellas,

I'm a 22 year old kid who stumbled upon dip and became a tin a day guy around 17 years old. I stumbled upon this site a year ago and read up on some of the stories. The fact of the matter is chewing tobacco has ruined my mentality. Its consumed my late night thoughts and has ruined my confidence in my own health. Yesterday was the day that I've decided to quit, not stop. The fact of the matter is I'm scared. Every time I get a cancer sore or bite my tongue and a white bump occurs I think I have cancer. This time is different than the other times I've tried to quit. I've never been more motivated. If I wasn't then I'd assure to you guys that I wouldn't disrespect these forums by not being all in with my endeavors. I envy people who don't have any addictions in their lives. Who can drive without throwing in a chew or who can sit in class and not crave. It's insane how scared I am that I might have some disease from dipping, to the point that I'm afraid to sit in a dentist chair because of the fear of bad news. Dipping has turned me into a hypochondriac. I started from my days of playing hockey, and it eventually consumed my every day life. As a college kid, its consumed my bank account which already isn't that great in the first place. I cant find one reason to not quit, except the fact that it is addicting. All in all, its time to get my life back. I know its going to be rough, but I guess that's why I decided to join this community, and to learn from others and to hear your stories. I feel weak, being an addict, and my goal is to over come the one thing that has been holding me down these years, and to live a healthy lifestyle, and to regain my self confidence and the confidence I once had when it comes to my own personal health. My first day without chew was hell, and I know its not going to get any easier for awhile but in the end I know its going to be worth it.

Cheers,

Tom