Author Topic: Quitting for good  (Read 1731 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Quitting for good
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
Post roll. You can't quit for your wife. YOU have to want this. I can't begin to explain how great life is free from nicotine. Let's go!!!!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 07:42:00 AM »
I was 44 when I quit, and 46 now. About a month in my quit I realized how absolutely stupid and selfish dipping was. That realization was all I needed to be NAFAR, and I know it will hit you too.

Only worry about quitting today, and soon a light bulb will go off and you'll never look back.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Daisy

• Quitter
  • Interests: #1 Live my life to Glorify God in All I do. My Son and Husband . Camping. Hiking. Fishing. Anything outdoors. NFL and NBA
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 01:21:00 AM »
Just remember God said He would Not put on us more than we can bare. And around here we bare a brothers or sister's burdens. You've got thousands of new brothers and sister's in Quit. And Some in Christ. You've got this. No. God got this And He's got you..... Have Faith and lean on Him for strength and understanding. God Bless you and your wife and daughter.
Do I remember my life as a chewer? I do.
Do I still crave? I do.
Will I ever dip again? I cannot say.
Will I dip today? I will not.
Chewie.

I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me. Phill. 4:13

There's a difference between INTEREST and COMMITMENT. When your INTERESTED in doing something. You do it only when it's CONVIENIENT for you. When your COMMITTED to something. You except NO EXCUSES only RESULTS.

Words To Live BY.
The greatest achievement is selflessness.
The greatest worth is self-mastery.
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
The greatest precept is continual awareness.
The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
The greatest patience is humility.
The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.

Atisha

06 Crue Chief
Quitting One Day at a Time
B.ig B.rother J.ack

https://www.gofundme.com/qt9nz3kk?viewu ... aign=upd_n

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 12:54:00 AM »
Quote from: spit
Hi, I am Dante, this is my first time posting. I started dipping again a few years ago when my wife became ill. With the extra load on life I thought this would be a good way to deal with my stress and now it is a good time to deal with my dipping. I was on vacation 2 weeks ago, I quit dipping for 9 days. I went back to work this week and dipped all week, I'm ready to try to quit again. I am glad to find this support group. My wife posts on here, she is "Support His Quit." I am going to post roll now.
Edited to add that I am 46 years old, I live in New Jersey, I drive a truck for a living and I play guitar in my worship team at church.
Let me just get to it and help you outline some important things.

One - you didn't quit before, you just stopped for a bit. There is a difference.

Two - I am sorry to hear that your wife was ill. However, you just experienced the fact that one problem plus nicotine equals two problems......because nicotine never solves or fixes anything....ever.

Let's go sir. I am glad your wife is here for support. She can reach out to me anytime as well.

Chicks quit hard and in case you didn't know......chicks don't dig dudes with half jaws.

Quit hard.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 11:21:00 PM »
Spit, seems like you've got some good motivation to quit, some great support at home to quit, and have found a good time to quit. Seems like all the factors line up perfectly! Except... I think most people here, maybe you as well, can think of times when everything was set up perfectly to quit, and maybe we even stopped for a while, but then there we were, back at it again throwing nasty cat turds into our lip.

Here's why this time is going to be different. As Wild Irish said, you're not going to try to quit. I'm not wishing you luck because you don't need it. Quitting is not about "giving it a shot" -- none of that self-pity addict speak here. You will quit by posting roll Every Single Morning, and pledging for 24 hours not to use dip. And then the next morning, you'll do it again. As you stay here longer you'll hear plenty of debates on "how long to stay at KTC" "when can I stop this roll and get back to my life", etc. I only have one answer to give, and it's the one I've learned: If you're a man of your word, as long as you post roll every day you will never cave. Maybe you'll be fine on your own as well. My guess is you're here because you know you won't be.

Happy to see you're already on roll. I have PM'd my phone # to your inbox. Embrace the quit man! Learn to hate nicotine and all the ways it warped our minds. If you need to rage, come here and rage at us, we can take it. See you on roll tomorrow.
"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 11:10:00 PM »
Hi, I am Dante, this is my first time posting. I started dipping again a few years ago when my wife became ill. With the extra load on life I thought this would be a good way to deal with my stress and now it is a good time to deal with my dipping. I was on vacation 2 weeks ago, I quit dipping for 9 days. I went back to work this week and dipped all week, I'm ready to try to quit again. I am glad to find this support group. My wife posts on here, she is "Support His Quit." I am going to post roll now.
Edited to add that I am 46 years old, I live in New Jersey, I drive a truck for a living and I play guitar in my worship team at church.
Hey, m'man... welcome to the best decision you ever made. I'm always a little excited when another musician shows up. I've been a professional guitar player/teacher/session guy for 25 years... been playing for 35.

You will have a lot of advice thrown at you so I won't muddy the waters too much more. This is the best advice I can give you... get involved here, and stay involved. I dipped 2 cans a day for most of the 25 years I used... jumping all in here is why I've been quit 3 years now. Real freedom is waiting for you... own this.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline matty34

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 04/15/2016
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 10:49:00 PM »
Welcome Dante! I'm starting this with you bro. My quit day is today also. Oh, and I play bass on my church's worship team in Round Rock, TX.

Hang in there brother. One day at a time is what I'm hearing over and over on this board, and I'm buying it. If it works for the guys that have been dip free for several years, it's got to work for us, too.

Matt

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »
Welcome to the toughest physical couple of weeks that you've ever endured. After that, the mind games begin. You have to want this. The good news is that it's a simple process: you make a promise in the morning that you will not ingest nicotine today, then you keep that promise. It's only for today, one day. Anyone can do that. Quit for a day.

Oh, and we don't "try" here, we quit.

It's not easy though. You have to do this every day, for the rest of your life. You can't think of that though. Just concentrate on today. Anyone can quit for a day.

Here are a few links that might help you with this site. I'm quit with you today brother.

New Quitter Hints and Helps
http://www.killthecan.org/heres-how-you ... court-now/

How to post roll video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBoCAii ... e=youtu.be

or how to post roll from written directions
topic/1003072/1/
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Deleted User

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 07:28:00 PM »
I couldn't be more proud of you. I believe in you, I know you can do this. I'm here for you every step. Love, Your bride

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »
Welcome spit cup.

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 06:05:00 PM »
Welcome Dante! I see you made it over to July and posted roll. You've lucky to have such a supportive wife, but you need to do this for YOU. Learn to hate nicotine in all of its evil forms. Post roll Every Damn Day like your life depends on it, because it does. Get to know your fellow group members, get their digits and build a web of accountability that would strangle you. This is a quit lifestyle, live it with gusto! I'll be watching for you in July.

Offline Spit cup

• Quitter
Quitting for good
« on: April 15, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »