Author Topic: It's time to post..  (Read 1450 times)

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: It's time to post..
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »
Quote from: SpaceLord
That's exactly my issue... I keep thinking about the future. Need to just focus on finishing today.
That's really the key Spacey. If you take advice of Slug and Grizz, and just do it one day at a time, it will work. It sounds so "AA"ish I know, but the bottom line is it works, and your way, and the way we all tried before doesn't. One day at a time adds up, and like you said with the blink twice and your at 39, well same thing with quit. Today's plenty to think about. I'll quit with you today.

Offline Jamezwp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-25
  • Interests: BasketballRacquetballGolfFantasy FootballBoatWatch my kids play sportsWork my ass offTake beach vacations
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
I can sympathize with the non-permanent feeling about your quit. I'm having those same thoughts as I rationalize my own quit. I once quit for about 6 months after I had gum recession surgery. I started back up because I told myself how easy it was to quit. 5 years after the failed attempt to quit, here I am on day 5 going fucking nuts all over again.

I hope that we ultimately decide that enough is enough. Why go back for temporary satisfaction just to put ourselves through the misery of chewing and the misery of quiting.

Offline SpaceLord

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »
That's exactly my issue... I keep thinking about the future. Need to just focus on finishing today.

Offline BG

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 06:15:00 PM »
Quote from: slug.go
I have been quit for 45 days..even though I never posted on this website, I have been reading it every single day. Think it's about that time for me to post an intro and some thoughts. First, my story..

Did this junk first time at age 10. By 15 I was doing it every single day....blink twice... and now I'm 39. (Yes, to you younger guys it does happen that fast) So for the last 29 years I have been fooling with this shit.. about a can each day for the last 20 years. Always told myself I need to quit by the almighty 40.

My reasons for quitting are solely for me. I have zero pressure from the wife to stop, no kids, etc. Plus I work from home.. so dipping was always way too easy for me. I'm just tired of worrying about the health impacts, and the anxiety that goes with dipping. Do I have enough dip, where is my can? Will I be able to dip on this trip? etc, etc... it never ends.... all you junkies know what Im talking about.

So I quit 45 days ago. it's been interesting learning to live life with dip. Hell I started so young I don't ever remember my life without dip. Some nice positive changes.... mouth feels a lot better, blood pressure down, feel generally better in certain ways that are hard to describe.

Now for my dilemma ... I still don't feel like this is permanent.. and this is a real bad thing to feel. I still want to dip real bad. I feel like I can stay quit during the regular day to day. But when hunt season starts back up in a few months... I could easily fail. The first month of quitting was hard as hell no doubt..... but I feel like it was easier in many ways when compared to "now" because it was "fresh" and "new" Everyone is pumped up in the first few weeks and I suspect most that fail do so after the first month.
I guess it continues to gets better.. I know since day 4 it has been about the same for me.

So I'm here now... looking for some words of wisdom? I understand all the normal stuff... post roll, read this, the health reasons, etc... Believe me.. I had already read it... twice. Glad to be here.
Post roll and honor your word. That is it in a nutshell. If you think you will cave when hunting season starts, you will, guaranteed. There are two types:
This who think they will fail and those who think they will succeed. They're both right. Listen, you've been white knuckling for 45 days, do it the easy way and get involved here. You've been reading about it for 45 days, get in here, get your feet wet and quit doing this the hard way. Glad you spoke up, welcome!
Here's the deal. Two things.
1.) Can you give your word here to not use...just for today?
2.) Are you a man of your word?

If the answer to those two questions are "yes", then you can stay quit. We'll worry about tomorrow (and deer season) when it gets here. Just quit for today. Forever is way too long to think about. You're gonna die long before forever gets here anyway, but at least you won't be a slave in the meanwhile.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
I have been quit for 45 days..even though I never posted on this website, I have been reading it every single day. Think it's about that time for me to post an intro and some thoughts. First, my story..

Did this junk first time at age 10. By 15 I was doing it every single day....blink twice... and now I'm 39. (Yes, to you younger guys it does happen that fast) So for the last 29 years I have been fooling with this shit.. about a can each day for the last 20 years. Always told myself I need to quit by the almighty 40.

My reasons for quitting are solely for me. I have zero pressure from the wife to stop, no kids, etc. Plus I work from home.. so dipping was always way too easy for me. I'm just tired of worrying about the health impacts, and the anxiety that goes with dipping. Do I have enough dip, where is my can? Will I be able to dip on this trip? etc, etc... it never ends.... all you junkies know what Im talking about.

So I quit 45 days ago. it's been interesting learning to live life with dip. Hell I started so young I don't ever remember my life without dip. Some nice positive changes.... mouth feels a lot better, blood pressure down, feel generally better in certain ways that are hard to describe.

Now for my dilemma ... I still don't feel like this is permanent.. and this is a real bad thing to feel. I still want to dip real bad. I feel like I can stay quit during the regular day to day. But when hunt season starts back up in a few months... I could easily fail. The first month of quitting was hard as hell no doubt..... but I feel like it was easier in many ways when compared to "now" because it was "fresh" and "new" Everyone is pumped up in the first few weeks and I suspect most that fail do so after the first month.
I guess it continues to gets better.. I know since day 4 it has been about the same for me.

So I'm here now... looking for some words of wisdom? I understand all the normal stuff... post roll, read this, the health reasons, etc... Believe me.. I had already read it... twice. Glad to be here.
Post roll and honor your word. That is it in a nutshell. If you think you will cave when hunting season starts, you will, guaranteed. There are two types:
Those who think they will fail and those who think they will succeed. They're both right. Listen, you've been white knuckling for 45 days, do it the easy way and get involved here. You've been reading about it for 45 days, get in here, get your feet wet and quit doing this the hard way. Glad you spoke up, welcome!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline SpaceLord

It's time to post..
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »