Author Topic: New member - Day One is Today  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: New member - Day One is Today
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »
Hang in there bro. You're body is getting itself right. Get through this period. Do whatever you can to keep that cancer candy out of your mouth.

F the NB. You're taking back control of your life. Congratulations.

Offline tazmed

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »
Quote from: jbags5
Day two started. Roll posted.

Day 1 was OK. Night 1 was rough.

I think I (half) slept off and on from about 2am - 6am. That rest should serve me well for the fog that everyone says is coming and I can feel seeping in already.

Picked up some Smokey Mountain alterna-snuff this morning. Have one in right now to get through the morning craving. It actually is helping a lot. Problem is, it feels TOO much like real dip. Even though it's all herbal, does this shit hurt your gums too?

Staying strong. 'Finger' NIC
Trouble sleeping was my biggest problem. Through the first few days I was totally in a fog too, couldn't get anything done at work, and just wanted to sit there staring at the computer screen. If that's where you are, welcome to the club...and welcome to the suck.

If you get stuck in that fog, take some time to read the information posted here. There have been literally hundreds, if not thousands, who have gone before you and documented their quit. Great stuff.

Keep posting roll with your group, ping some of the guys here if you need a little kick in the ass, and just quit for today. Glad to be here with you.

Offline jbags5

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting. Other stuff too. Mainly quitting though
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
Day two started. Roll posted.

Day 1 was OK. Night 1 was rough.

I think I (half) slept off and on from about 2am - 6am. That rest should serve me well for the fog that everyone says is coming and I can feel seeping in already.

Picked up some Smokey Mountain alterna-snuff this morning. Have one in right now to get through the morning craving. It actually is helping a lot. Problem is, it feels TOO much like real dip. Even though it's all herbal, does this shit hurt your gums too?

Staying strong. 'Finger' NIC
Quit Day 1 = June 29, 2011

Offline Blackfoot

• Interests: Sports cars, mountain bikes, building shit.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
Quote from: jbags5
I'm going out to buy some gum right now, and am looking into dip alternatives, in case I need something like that to overcome the urges.
I'm using Altoids - 3 of 'em fit in my lip  give me that dip "feel." They last about an hour and are helping control the need to have something in my mouth.

I'm glad to be quitting with you!
Day 1: June 22, 2011

I figure I can stand anything for sixteen hours. After that, I can go to bed  do it again tomorrow.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
Whatever it takes to keep it out of your face. You can do this!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »
Jbags,

Good Choice Today!

Make that choice each morning by posting ROLL--make your promise--one day at a time!

The way I look at, we nicotine addicts (Yes you are an ADDICT too) have two choices each day:

#1 Quit and Live Free
#2 Use and Die

I don't know about you, but the choice is easy--you made the right choice today. We are behind you!

PM if you need anything!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
Welcome jbags. Give a shout if we can help in any way. If you haven't already, be sure to post your day 1 in the October quit group. Go to the WELCOME CENTER link above and read the hows and whys of posting roll.

PS- Is Donruss still making cards?

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Read this: index.php?showforum=13

You may not know this because you have never quit but you may experience some withdrawal due to the addictive nature of nicotine. May I suggest you post roll? It will will help. I never miss a day. Let's get this done.

Offline Texaslifer03

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
I am on day three myself. The guys on this site are very helpful and hold you to your own. I went from a two can a day dipper to none and it will stay that way. It sucks the first two days but I am definitely noticing it decrease as of now. Good luck and stay vigiliant!

Offline jbags5

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting. Other stuff too. Mainly quitting though
New member - Day One is Today
« on: June 29, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Hi. Martin here. 31 years old. Dipping for about 8 years, but my usage seems to have really increased over the last 1 or 2. Enough is enough.

Have never tried to quit seriously before. Once a few years back I had to go about 2 days without dipping because I busted my lip open and had stitches. It didn't seem that bad, but maybe that was because I knew I would have a dip as soon as the swelling went down a bit 'Crazy'

Today I'm done. I know it won't be easy, so that's why I joined the forum. I know the hardest part (aside from the whole torture of quitting thing :P ) will be dealing with the oral fixation. I'm going out to buy some gum right now, and am looking into dip alternatives, in case I need something like that to overcome the urges.

Here I go...
Quit Day 1 = June 29, 2011