Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 992 times)

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
Not cool man, you asked and we added you, and now have not seen you??? WTF?

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
Hey bub - you yelled out yesterday that you wanted to join up with our Oct12 group, yet today did not see you online to post.

That is one of our main criteria and that is to let us know your word each and every day when you wake up. We pledge our word for the day, and do not flaunt it at the end of the day.

We ask up front....so where is that word of yours.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
Quote from: WintervilleWolf
Quote from: magnum9
Quote from: Nolaq
I would like to say thank you to this website and forum.  I quit on July 10, 2012 after dipping for 5 years.  Before that I smoked for 10 years.  This is my first time posting but definitely not the first time viewing.  I used the information on this site to guide me through the process and used the posters experiences and advice as if they were talking to me.

The first week or so was pure hell like described as I quit cold turkey.  I went through days of confusion, sadness, laughter and through each of those I couldn't tell why other than I was quitting.  I often felt like I was on drugs.  But I have made it and all of those symptoms have passed like you said.  Now when I get an occasional urge I simply pop in a mint or chew some gum and it quickly passes.

I did go against one of this sites recommendations.  It was stated not to use family members as motivation because I could potentially blame them for what I was going through.  I used my two boys, one 3 years old and the other now 9 months.  I decided I did not want to leave them behind.  My decision worked for me but it very well may not work for others.

Once again, thank you to everyone here,

WintervilleWolf
If it worked so well, why not get involved? Why not get someone to directly speak to you? Why not post Roll and pay it forward?
It sounds to me like your boys weren't the motivation. It was you motivated by your desire to be with your children and see them grow up that motivated you.

What we say is to not quit just because your kids/wife are bugging you. Or that when they ask what finally got you to quit you don't say "you did". In that case, when they piss you off, you'll just throw your quit out and blame them for your failure as a means to get even.

As NOLAQ said... why they hell aren't you an active member? If it worked for you why not join us and help others along the road?

Time to get some accountability here... start posting roll TODAY. The bitch isn't going away so neither should you!
Oh I am going to become involved. I owe this site a lot and look forward to paying it forward.
Yes, please do. You'll be amazed at how much it strengthens your quit. Yet another layer of accountability.

My kids were the foundation of my quit, too. One of my twins (2 years old at the time) unknowingly pointed out that I was a failure as a father. I was teaching my kids to walk my path of addiction. My single most important task in life is to be everything that my 3 boys need me to be. Therefore, I quit. WIthout KTC, I probably wouldn't have stayed that way.

Offline WintervilleWolf

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: magnum9
I would like to say thank you to this website and forum.  I quit on July 10, 2012 after dipping for 5 years.  Before that I smoked for 10 years.  This is my first time posting but definitely not the first time viewing.  I used the information on this site to guide me through the process and used the posters experiences and advice as if they were talking to me.

The first week or so was pure hell like described as I quit cold turkey.  I went through days of confusion, sadness, laughter and through each of those I couldn't tell why other than I was quitting.  I often felt like I was on drugs.  But I have made it and all of those symptoms have passed like you said.  Now when I get an occasional urge I simply pop in a mint or chew some gum and it quickly passes.

I did go against one of this sites recommendations.  It was stated not to use family members as motivation because I could potentially blame them for what I was going through.  I used my two boys, one 3 years old and the other now 9 months.  I decided I did not want to leave them behind.  My decision worked for me but it very well may not work for others.

WintervilleWolf
If it worked so well, why not get involved? Why not get someone to directly speak to you? Why not post Roll and pay it forward?
It sounds to me like your boys weren't the motivation. It was you motivated by your desire to be with your children and see them grow up that motivated you.

What we say is to not quit just because your kids/wife are bugging you. Or that when they ask what finally got you to quit you don't say "you did". In that case, when they piss you off, you'll just throw your quit out and blame them for your failure as a means to get even.

As NOLAQ said... why they hell aren't you an active member? If it worked for you why not join us and help others along the road?

Time to get some accountability here... start posting roll TODAY. The bitch isn't going away so neither should you!
Oh I am going to become involved. I owe this site a lot and look forward to paying it forward.

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »

WintervilleWolf

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
I would like to say thank you to this website and forum. I quit on July 10, 2012 after dipping for 5 years. Before that I smoked for 10 years. This is my first time posting but definitely not the first time viewing. I used the information on this site to guide me through the process and used the posters experiences and advice as if they were talking to me.

The first week or so was pure hell like described as I quit cold turkey. I went through days of confusion, sadness, laughter and through each of those I couldn't tell why other than I was quitting. I often felt like I was on drugs. But I have made it and all of those symptoms have passed like you said. Now when I get an occasional urge I simply pop in a mint or chew some gum and it quickly passes.

I did go against one of this sites recommendations. It was stated not to use family members as motivation because I could potentially blame them for what I was going through. I used my two boys, one 3 years old and the other now 9 months. I decided I did not want to leave them behind. My decision worked for me but it very well may not work for others.

WintervilleWolf
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline WintervilleWolf

Thank You
« on: November 06, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
I would like to say thank you to this website and forum. I quit on July 10, 2012 after dipping for 5 years. Before that I smoked for 10 years. This is my first time posting but definitely not the first time viewing. I used the information on this site to guide me through the process and used the posters experiences and advice as if they were talking to me.

The first week or so was pure hell like described as I quit cold turkey. I went through days of confusion, sadness, laughter and through each of those I couldn't tell why other than I was quitting. I often felt like I was on drugs. But I have made it and all of those symptoms have passed like you said. Now when I get an occasional urge I simply pop in a mint or chew some gum and it quickly passes.

I did go against one of this sites recommendations. It was stated not to use family members as motivation because I could potentially blame them for what I was going through. I used my two boys, one 3 years old and the other now 9 months. I decided I did not want to leave them behind. My decision worked for me but it very well may not work for others.

WintervilleWolf