Author Topic: No looking back  (Read 16430 times)

Offline jmiah

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, hiking, working out (usually), my wife, and my awesome dog, Gunner.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No looking back
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
Quote from: bigsky406
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Leahy16
Quote from: Luby
Debated whether to write anything, because it may be discouraging for some but decided to because it may help others.
Day 178 and I have been struggling since the holidays, lots of factors, one being this is about my most stressful work weeks of the year, another I work around guys that dip. Whatever the reason they have combined and hit me like a ton of bricks. Whatever the reasons the craves are here and they suck.
The most important thing about these last few days is that they have reinforced the fact I cannot, and may never be able to do this alone. Yesterday I reached out in my quit group and that helped. I reached out via text to quit brothers yesterday and already this morning. One thing I did is make sure I know some guys will be near their phones for me today. I will fight like mad today, but I may not be strong enough to win the fight, but I know I don't have to be, I have people who will help me and together we will be strong enough.
I won't lie I am pissed. I want to be "done" quitting. I want to be "cured", I don't want to have to fight this everyday.
To any newbys who read this and think "fuck this guy is 6 months quit and struggling...." please trust me when I say that I have had way, way more good days than bad thought this, and the freedom is worth every bad day I've had.
And for everyone the lesson I've learned, post roll everyday, and use your resources!
I feel for you Luby, I really do. It sounds like you're going through a difficult period and questioning if you really can t through without nicotine. This is the addiction pulling at you. These are death throws from a dying nic bitch.

Let me ask you a couple questions...

Is dipping an option for you today?

Are you considering not posting roll tomorrow?

If the answer to either of those is a 'yes' or a 'maybe' then you are in a danger zone.

One of the things that has helped me is that I took the advice of some on this board and I did my best to "Shut the Door" on that period of my life when I dipped.

It's a mindset thing.

Step back from where you are and consider your big picture options. You can go back to the fucked up way of living your life, or you can continue to man-up and own that bitch.

Be a bad-ass. Own your addiction and make it play by YOUR rules...

Peace to you my friend.
I know it can suck sometimes. You have self awareness though. This is a good thing. I kinda like that.

Stick with the herd. Always best. The nic bitch is more likely to go after some dumb ass being stupid.
Luby,

You are a badass quitter and I appreciate your honesty. I will help out in any way I can.

I quit on or about the day you walked into the HOF, which means whatever you go through in your quit, I'm likely to experience 100 days or so down the line.

You've set and continue to set a great example for us quitters. I know what you deal with in your daily life and your ability to stand up and say "QUIT" each and every day is inspiring. Others in your line of work have not been so successful.

Stay strong, Luby. And hit me up whenever you need. You know how to find me.

-Bigsky
When i thought I couldn't make it through this quit, all I had to do was take a look to see that Luby, WP, CnC ect have posted roll and I know I can because they have trusted me enough to give me their word. If that didn't work for me then I called on my quit brother, Luby and it always helps. He won't let me fail and I won't let him fail either. You call or text if you need it! Last week I had a case of the effits. That is basically when you think about all of the reasons you quit and say f-it, I am going back. Short text with Luby and I had my sane quit mind back. I can't do this alone anytime soon...maybe ever...glad to be quit with you! This addiction is cunning and will strike when we least expect it. Keep your hands up sisters and brothers.
candor dat viribus alas
Sincerity gives wings to strength.

Offline bigsky406

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Debated whether to write anything, because it may be discouraging for some but decided to because it may help others.
Day 178 and I have been struggling since the holidays, lots of factors, one being this is about my most stressful work weeks of the year, another I work around guys that dip. Whatever the reason they have combined and hit me like a ton of bricks. Whatever the reasons the craves are here and they suck.
The most important thing about these last few days is that they have reinforced the fact I cannot, and may never be able to do this alone. Yesterday I reached out in my quit group and that helped. I reached out via text to quit brothers yesterday and already this morning. One thing I did is make sure I know some guys will be near their phones for me today. I will fight like mad today, but I may not be strong enough to win the fight, but I know I don't have to be, I have people who will help me and together we will be strong enough.
I won't lie I am pissed. I want to be "done" quitting. I want to be "cured", I don't want to have to fight this everyday.
To any newbys who read this and think "fuck this guy is 6 months quit and struggling...." please trust me when I say that I have had way, way more good days than bad thought this, and the freedom is worth every bad day I've had.
And for everyone the lesson I've learned, post roll everyday, and use your resources!
I feel for you Luby, I really do. It sounds like you're going through a difficult period and questioning if you really can t through without nicotine. This is the addiction pulling at you. These are death throws from a dying nic bitch.

If the answer to either of those is a 'yes' or a 'maybe' then you are in a danger zone.

One of the things that has helped me is that I took the advice of some on this board and I did my best to "Shut the Door" on that period of my life when I dipped.

It's a mindset thing.

Step back from where you are and consider your big picture options. You can go back to the fucked up way of living your life, or you can continue to man-up and own that bitch.

Peace to you my friend.
I know it can suck sometimes. You have self awareness though. This is a good thing. I kinda like that.

Stick with the herd. Always best. The nic bitch is more likely to go after some dumb ass being stupid.
Luby,

You are a badass quitter and I appreciate your honesty. I will help out in any way I can.

I quit on or about the day you walked into the HOF, which means whatever you go through in your quit, I'm likely to experience 100 days or so down the line.

You've set and continue to set a great example for us quitters. I know what you deal with in your daily life and your ability to stand up and say "QUIT" each and every day is inspiring. Others in your line of work have not been so successful.

Stay strong, Luby. And hit me up whenever you need. You know how to find me.

-Bigsky

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »

It's a mindset thing.

Peace to you my friend.

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »

It's a mindset thing.

Peace to you my friend.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »
Quote from: DennyX
Quote from: Ready
Haven't written in here in awhile, but being quit and who I am because of it is on my mind a lot lately. I've been in Peru for almost 2 weeks now and am heading home tomorrow. I have travelled a lot in the past but this one meant a lot to me. I grew up a history geek (and a geography geek, and a geology geek, I guess just a geek) and machu picchu was probably always number one on my list of places to see. So much so that I couldn't just take the train and the bus and see it, I had to hike across the Andes the way the incas did and approach it with the respect it deserved. I assumed at some point I wouldn't be able to post roll (even though i was in lodges, c'mon I like my comforts) I even posted in October and let the quitters I support know I wouldn't be available....
Turns out the one lodge that didnt have Internet a village up the road did, I posted everyday. I was somewhat active on site, what with no tv, it came down to Internet and books, it was great!
Short story long, i had the experience of a lifetime and I had it quit. Are there days I wish I didn't need KTC? Are there times I wish my quit was done and I would not need to focus on it? Hell yes! But posting roll everyday and being an active member of this community is what works for me, and as the title of my intro thread stated months ago there is "no looking back", there is today, and I am so much happier because of it.
So if you read this and you have a chance, raise a glass of your favorite beverage (a Peruvian lager for myself this evening) and say a little toast to what we have accomplished today.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'
You rock Luby. Posted EVERY day from the jungles of Peru. B)
Good shit Luby. Commitment to your quit. Great thing to read bro. That's awesome.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
edit

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Haven't written in here in awhile, but being quit and who I am because of it is on my mind a lot lately. I've been in Peru for almost 2 weeks now and am heading home tomorrow. I have travelled a lot in the past but this one meant a lot to me. I grew up a history geek (and a geography geek, and a geology geek, I guess just a geek) and machu picchu was probably always number one on my list of places to see. So much so that I couldn't just take the train and the bus and see it, I had to hike across the Andes the way the incas did and approach it with the respect it deserved. I assumed at some point I wouldn't be able to post roll (even though i was in lodges, c'mon I like my comforts) I even posted in October and let the quitters I support know I wouldn't be available....
Turns out the one lodge that didnt have Internet a village up the road did, I posted everyday. I was somewhat active on site, what with no tv, it came down to Internet and books, it was great!
Short story long, i had the experience of a lifetime and I had it quit. Are there days I wish I didn't need KTC? Are there times I wish my quit was done and I would not need to focus on it? Hell yes! But posting roll everyday and being an active member of this community is what works for me, and as the title of my intro thread stated months ago there is "no looking back", there is today, and I am so much happier because of it.
So if you read this and you have a chance, raise a glass of your favorite beverage (a Peruvian lager for myself this evening) and say a little toast to what we have accomplished today.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'
You rock Luby. Posted EVERY day from the jungles of Peru. B)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
Perfecto!

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2011, 10:36:00 AM »
You sir are a badass quitter. Way to set an example!

An honor to quit with you,

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »
Nicely done!

I now have another example of a seriously bad ass quitter posting roll in some remote place, willing to do what it takes to keep his word and his quit !

Very well done indeed !

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
Exellent post Luby. Thanks for sharing some inspiration.

It's always nice to conquer some new shit in life clean...taking down machu picchu is epic. And still managed to post roll everyday. There is a lesson in there somewhere.

Never forget you are an addict. You forget, you die.

Thanks again.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: Dchogs
Been meaning to write in here since making the Hall...
Here is why. I was scared in the days leading up to a 100. Felt I was building it up too much in my head, that I was gonna wake up on day 101 and say "done!" and I know I will never be done, I have to quit everyday. So last week I made a plan, for post HOF... kinda sick plan but it's my plan!
I kinda hated myself for being a dipper, and now I that I have worked on that aspect of my life I want to use it as a foundation to continue building. That being the case my HOF "reward" was to go on a diet, join a crossfit gym (holy sweet fuck I am sore) and cut way back on the drinking.
I know it is weird "reward" but I like it, I like feeling better and I like feeling in control of my life.
Important lesson I have learned here. Have a plan. I always had a plan whether it was first day at work, first time back around dippers, first long drive.... and then I had a plan for when I repeated those thing.
So when I was worried about how I would feel post HOF I made a plan for that.
nice work, luby.

i'm right behind you... going to take some time to work out on my own and shed some lbs, but i'm thinking of going crossfit too. let me know how it goes for you...
Excellent plan. I kinda did the same thing, but couldn't do it at 100 days. A year was my "what then" opportunity to start reclaiming all aspects of my health. So far, C25K is going great and several pounds went missing.

You'll have to enlighten us on the crossfit plan.
Nice job, Luby!! Sorry, always think of this place when I see your name.