Author Topic: Quitting for the 100th time  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Quitting for the 100th time
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
It took me a good three weeks to clear much of the clutter. There is still some clutter, but not like the first three weeks. Keep going. You only have to quit one time in your life.

Offline Jman

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Golf, Grilling, Family, Cycling
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
How long until you get back to some form of normal? I have a sales career that requires me to show up with the "A" game. I have made it 4 days without nicotine. Feel good right now but I had to take a nap at 4 pm today.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »
Keep your mind busy. Read every single post on this site. That should keep you busy for awhile. And you may just learn something....

STAY QUIT

Offline mclovin

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »
Actually you did the best thing by staying so busy. Yes, it will get better.

Offline Jman

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
Quote from: minuteofangle
If this shit was easy you would have quit 23 years ago. I too dipped for 24 years. I have been quit for 223 days now. If I can....so can you. If you can make it just a few more days then you will feel MUCH better.....You are detoxing now and this is a very DANGEROUS part of your quit. It seems SO much easier to give up and dip than to keep on fighting. I suggest that you get mad at US Tobacco for telling you lies when you were younger and addicting you to this poison and then turning you out like a whore to get them money. I acknowledge that this quit has to be about you, but it helped me to think about my children growing up calling another man "Daddy" because I was too fucking weak to quit. Because I chose dip over them. I WILL NOT! I will die before I will let my little girls down. I WILL be alive to see them graduate, get married, and have children of their own....Why?...Because I am one BAD MOTHER FUCKER! How about you brother?

MOA
That would be a yes. That feeling is getting stronger daily keeping this nicotine at bay.

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Jman
Thank you all for the support. This reminds me of the days of playing football and picking up your fellow man. I cant remember who said it to me but when I can I will pay it forward. Think I am going to go put my ass in the bed.
Nothing like some sleep to log some quality Quit hours!!!
Hang in there brother, you can do it.

Offline Jman

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Thank you all for the support. This reminds me of the days of playing football and picking up your fellow man. I cant remember who said it to me but when I can I will pay it forward. Think I am going to go put my ass in the bed.

Offline Show

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball may be the single greatest thing we ever came up with as a species. After that....cycling, paddling, pick-up hoops, and reading.
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Quote from: bigbamadan
I am almost at 24 hours without any form of Nicotine.  My head feels like it is going to explode and I think I could take on a 1200 lb brama bull.  Got up at 9 am this morning and I have been landscaping my home all day, just finished around 6:30 pm and not even the least bit tired.  This is fucking nuts!!!!  Tell me this shit will stop soon.   I guess 23 yrs of dipping kind of makes me deserve this.  'bang head'
I'm a little confused being you say you are almost 24 hrs with no nicotine, yet you are on today's April roll at Day 3. Perhaps i missed something but please explain.

Does it get better...yeah without question. However, it does not just instantly get better. You are in the suck right now...and well it's going to suck for a little bit. But just like each of us you will persevere...one day at a time.

I would encourage you to read as much as possible on the site. The more informed you are...the more you see the accounts of other...the better prepared you are to fight this battle.
I was using Nicorette the first two days and was told you cant use any form of nicotine when you post roll (sorry, i didnt realize the gum was not accepted). I should post tomorrow morning as Day 2. Either way, is there a big difference in how you feel when you make it to the 3 day point?
It gets better everyday. You won't feel "good" for awhile yet but everyday is just a little bit better then the last. You can do this. Come in here and rage away. Send me a pm telling me how much I suck :D it won't bother me at all and it might make you feel better for a spell. Hang in there.
Quit date 12/10/09

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
If this shit was easy you would have quit 23 years ago. I too dipped for 24 years. I have been quit for 223 days now. If I can....so can you. If you can make it just a few more days then you will feel MUCH better.....You are detoxing now and this is a very DANGEROUS part of your quit. It seems SO much easier to give up and dip than to keep on fighting. I suggest that you get mad at US Tobacco for telling you lies when you were younger and addicting you to this poison and then turning you out like a whore to get them money. I acknowledge that this quit has to be about you, but it helped me to think about my children growing up calling another man "Daddy" because I was too fucking weak to quit. Because I chose dip over them. I WILL NOT! I will die before I will let my little girls down. I WILL be alive to see them graduate, get married, and have children of their own....Why?...Because I am one BAD MOTHER FUCKER! How about you brother?

MOA

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
If your knuckles aren't white, you're not doing it right. Shit, Johnny Cochran has nothing on me.

Actually though, it should suck now...you're deep in the fog. At this point for me, I developed ESP and lock jaw. Just kidding...but I was crawling up the walls. Good...that is your body healing. Great times ahead...trust me brother! You're doing it right.

You're in the fight of your life. The question is are you going to embrace the suck and live free one day, or keep dipping and go coffin shopping?

You can do this! We're here to help. Fuck the nic bitch...you're a quitter!

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
I am almost at 24 hours without any form of Nicotine.  My head feels like it is going to explode and I think I could take on a 1200 lb brama bull.  Got up at 9 am this morning and I have been landscaping my home all day, just finished around 6:30 pm and not even the least bit tired.  This is fucking nuts!!!!  Tell me this shit will stop soon.   I guess 23 yrs of dipping kind of makes me deserve this.  'bang head'
I'm a little confused being you say you are almost 24 hrs with no nicotine, yet you are on today's April roll at Day 3. Perhaps i missed something but please explain.

Does it get better...yeah without question. However, it does not just instantly get better. You are in the suck right now...and well it's going to suck for a little bit. But just like each of us you will persevere...one day at a time.

I would encourage you to read as much as possible on the site. The more informed you are...the more you see the accounts of other...the better prepared you are to fight this battle.
I was using Nicorette the first two days and was told you cant use any form of nicotine when you post roll (sorry, i didnt realize the gum was not accepted). I should post tomorrow morning as Day 2. Either way, is there a big difference in how you feel when you make it to the 3 day point?
Yeah, tomorrow will be Day 2.

Forget about the end of Day 3 for now. You need to focus on making it trough today without shoving that shit in you face...or continuing to poison your self with nicotine.

One day at a time.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline Jman

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »
I am almost at 24 hours without any form of Nicotine.  My head feels like it is going to explode and I think I could take on a 1200 lb brama bull.  Got up at 9 am this morning and I have been landscaping my home all day, just finished around 6:30 pm and not even the least bit tired.  This is fucking nuts!!!!  Tell me this shit will stop soon.  I guess 23 yrs of dipping kind of makes me deserve this.  'bang head'

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »
I am almost at 24 hours without any form of Nicotine. My head feels like it is going to explode and I think I could take on a 1200 lb brama bull. Got up at 9 am this morning and I have been landscaping my home all day, just finished around 6:30 pm and not even the least bit tired. This is fucking nuts!!!! Tell me this shit will stop soon. I guess 23 yrs of dipping kind of makes me deserve this. 'bang head'

Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline Jman

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
I am almost at 24 hours without any form of Nicotine. My head feels like it is going to explode and I think I could take on a 1200 lb brama bull. Got up at 9 am this morning and I have been landscaping my home all day, just finished around 6:30 pm and not even the least bit tired. This is fucking nuts!!!! Tell me this shit will stop soon. I guess 23 yrs of dipping kind of makes me deserve this. 'bang head'

Offline Maverick55

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Jman,
  Welcome to the party !!  I will send you some information that will help get you going.

Check your inbox ( 1)
Thx for the information. Just made roll call. Lets rock n roll!
Welcome Jman! Use that enthusiasm! You've found a great resource, KTC has made the difference in many a quit - simply through accountability. Post as early as you can every morning, give your word not to dip for that day and then keep your word. Easy as that. You're in for a tough few days, but if you can make it through them things WILL get easier. Use this site, it will take you mind off the suck, give you brothers to rant and rave to when it sucks the most and then, when you're ready, help someone else - pay the support you'll receive in the next few days forward.

Proud to quit with you. PM me if you need anything.
Quit Date: 11/06/10
HOF Date: 02/14/11
2nd Floor: 05/25/11
3rd Floor: 09/02/11
4th Floor: 12/12/11
5th Floor: 03/19/12
6th Floor: 06/27/12