Author Topic: Off the nic-bitch! - Think I need help posting roll  (Read 3813 times)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
Re: Off the nic-bitch! - Think I need help posting roll
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2015, 08:24:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Tige12
Quote from: Natro
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: txtaco1
Here's what I posted on FB today... Made me proud!

I wasn't 100% sure I was going to say anything on FB about this... Some of you that know me closely may not realize that I've been stuffing my face with poison for over 25 years. Literally longer than I can remember. Every birthday, graduation, wedding (even my own), child birth, everything... I carried a tin of poison around to "celebrate" or "cope". Knowing all along but not realizing; I was nothing more than a mere slave to this drug. On a payment plan to a slow and surely miserable death.
With the determination of a mule, I decided 100 days ago today that would be the last time. NEVER again! No nicotine replacement therapy, no hypnosis, no magic pill. I put it down and said that's it, I'm done. It's been a bitch and it's not over, but there is no doubt in my mind that I've nailed the door shut on Nicotine, she will never be allowed back into my life. With the help of some random strangers on the internet (Killthecan.org), my closest friends, and family I've quit for me. I've quit forever.
That's awesome man. Congrats!
Nice. I like your attitude.
That's a pretty brave post. Congrats!
Congrats Taco!! Proud to quit with you man.
Hell yes! All the bull shit put on Facebook that's something worth talking about! Should be 500,000 likes! Awesome brother should be very proud! I'm proud to say I'm quit with you!
I'd be hitting the like button but I don't see if.....hey Chewie???!!!!!

So I'll use 'oh yeah'
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2015, 10:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Tige12

I wasn't 100% sure I was going to say anything on FB about this... Some of you that know me closely may not realize that I've been stuffing my face with poison for over 25 years. Literally longer than I can remember. Every birthday, graduation, wedding (even my own), child birth, everything... I carried a tin of poison around to "celebrate" or "cope". Knowing all along but not realizing; I was nothing more than a mere slave to this drug. On a payment plan to a slow and surely miserable death.
With the determination of a mule, I decided 100 days ago today that would be the last time. NEVER again! No nicotine replacement therapy, no hypnosis, no magic pill. I put it down and said that's it, I'm done. It's been a bitch and it's not over, but there is no doubt in my mind that I've nailed the door shut on Nicotine, she will never be allowed back into my life. With the help of some random strangers on the internet (Killthecan.org), my closest friends, and family I've quit for me. I've quit forever.
Hell yes! All the bull shit put on Facebook that's something worth talking about! Should be 500,000 likes! Awesome brother should be very proud! I'm proud to say I'm quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline PJ8324

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
Jason - your story definitely hit home like so many others I've read. Can't tell you the number of cans I've thrown out saying it's my last. I'm on day 2 and really struggling. I went out at lunch to look for some jolly ranchers and landed at a 7/11. In the candy aisle, the nic bitch started whispering in my ear... right then I got a text from one of the guys on this site. Simply said hang tough, don't listen to that bitch, and fight it with everything you have. I don't think I was going to cave and will never know but that text made sure I just walked out with some candy and a water. The guys in here are awesome so make sure you lean on them.

Offline Tige12

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, golf, wake surfing, fishing
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2015, 03:41:00 PM »

Nice. Congrats on HOF and thanks for posting with us.

Offline Natro

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: October 20, 2014
  • Interests: Quitting, cooking, reading, travelling, meeting other quitters.
  • Likes Given: 72
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2015, 03:38:00 PM »

Proud January 2015 "Shell"er
He who controls the spice controls the universe.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2015, 02:20:00 PM »

Offline txtaco1

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2015, 02:19:00 PM »

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2015, 11:38:00 AM »
'sac' 'clap' 'party2' 'dance' 100 DAYS NIC FREE 'dance' 'party2' 'clap' 'sac'
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2014, 08:36:00 AM »
Closing out 2014; Without dip...

This was one of the best holidays I can remember. I feel it was the lack of nicotine, but also that it was a blast watching my almost 4yr old and his almost 2yr old lil sister open gifts. This was his 1st year to seem to really be into it which I think made it more enjoyable for me. We also started some of our own little traditions. It's been an overall awesome holiday!

We drove from Dallas to Baytown to see my wives parents and two brothers (one is married)... My wife's parents are from Thailand and I mention this just to set the scene a little bit. They are awesome people and her dad is hands down #1 grandpa. If you don't watch him he'll just take off with the kids! But, they can be a little different than what I think most of us think a "normal" family Xmas should be like. Anyway, her brothers live in like Pearland and Katy which are on opposite sides of Houston from Baytown. My father in-law smokes Marlboro Reds for 50+ years IN THE HOUSE! He'll probably live to 110!

Again, back on track here. I mention some of those things to say that there were some major triggers for me over the weekend. I was never big on smoking cigs. I grew up with a mom who smoked and I myself, a few times tried switching from snuff to cigs and it never worked. They make me cough, and my mouth taste like shit, and I just could NOT use them. Oh, HOW I wish dip would have been the same for me! It wasn't until Sunday when we left that I realized that being around all that smoke was making me constantly crave the nic bitch...

Not to fear... I think... I have fake dip! Well, I know that I've talked about it before. Everyone says it's ok to use the fake dip and when I say everyone I mean "everyone that matters to me". My dentist, the oral surgeon, my wife and myself. Because I believe getting off the nicotine and tobacco are the most important things. I will say this though - For me a big reason to get quit is to lose the spitter and the habits that go along with dipping. I think dipping is gross! That's one of the things that baffled me for SO long is how can I hate this crap and think it's gross yet at the very same moment HAVE to have it to get by.

Ok, so well, I've beat the nicotine for the moment to still be dipping and spitting and still enjoying it. Felt a little like cheating I said at the start of my quit it seemingly made it so easy... Well, now I'm starting to feel as if I'm just addicted to fake dip now. At one point recently I think it was a dream or maybe a crave but I pictured myself buying a can of REAL dip and thought "Aye, what's the difference and this will be so much easier"... Random cravings and thoughts of an addict mind healing itself? I'm not sure...

I know the fake has kept me off the dip for 76 days now... I also know I read something another member posted somewhere that they used fake for like 500 days before quitting it too. So for now I plug along and plan to use the fake for as long as I have to. At the same time knowing in my own heart I won't be completely content until the day comes that I have quit "dipping" altogether.

OK, all of that said I feel it was a little negative and that is the 70's funk talking... 76 day's quit I believe that I'm out of it and starting to feel that positive vibe again. QLF
I stopped using the fake stuff around day 130 or so. We had a quitter meet up at a Browns game, and I watched a comma quitter get addict eyes over it. He had never used the stuff before, and I kept hearing "It's amazing how it just fits right back in there". Scared the shit out of me because I realized we were running around like a bunch of young kids just discovering the stuff.

I stopped the next day, and had to supplement with seeds (but there's no physical withdrawals) for a little bit. The habit can get you sometimes though, so I've always kept a can available in my car or at work.

Just in case

Don't worry about your usage right now. 76 days if flipping awesome, but it's a drop in a pan to where you're going. The good now is great, but the good that will come becomes the norm. You will live a day without thinking about nicotine outside of roll call/day planning. Quit will become your baseline.

I'm very proud of you for making it through the holidays with flying colors. Keep it up.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline txtaco1

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »
Closing out 2014; Without dip...

This was one of the best holidays I can remember. I feel it was the lack of nicotine, but also that it was a blast watching my almost 4yr old and his almost 2yr old lil sister open gifts. This was his 1st year to seem to really be into it which I think made it more enjoyable for me. We also started some of our own little traditions. It's been an overall awesome holiday!

We drove from Dallas to Baytown to see my wives parents and two brothers (one is married)... My wife's parents are from Thailand and I mention this just to set the scene a little bit. They are awesome people and her dad is hands down #1 grandpa. If you don't watch him he'll just take off with the kids! But, they can be a little different than what I think most of us think a "normal" family Xmas should be like. Anyway, her brothers live in like Pearland and Katy which are on opposite sides of Houston from Baytown. My father in-law smokes Marlboro Reds for 50+ years IN THE HOUSE! He'll probably live to 110!

Again, back on track here. I mention some of those things to say that there were some major triggers for me over the weekend. I was never big on smoking cigs. I grew up with a mom who smoked and I myself, a few times tried switching from snuff to cigs and it never worked. They make me cough, and my mouth taste like shit, and I just could NOT use them. Oh, HOW I wish dip would have been the same for me! It wasn't until Sunday when we left that I realized that being around all that smoke was making me constantly crave the nic bitch...

Not to fear... I think... I have fake dip! Well, I know that I've talked about it before. Everyone says it's ok to use the fake dip and when I say everyone I mean "everyone that matters to me". My dentist, the oral surgeon, my wife and myself. Because I believe getting off the nicotine and tobacco are the most important things. I will say this though - For me a big reason to get quit is to lose the spitter and the habits that go along with dipping. I think dipping is gross! That's one of the things that baffled me for SO long is how can I hate this crap and think it's gross yet at the very same moment HAVE to have it to get by.

Ok, so well, I've beat the nicotine for the moment to still be dipping and spitting and still enjoying it. Felt a little like cheating I said at the start of my quit it seemingly made it so easy... Well, now I'm starting to feel as if I'm just addicted to fake dip now. At one point recently I think it was a dream or maybe a crave but I pictured myself buying a can of REAL dip and thought "Aye, what's the difference and this will be so much easier"... Random cravings and thoughts of an addict mind healing itself? I'm not sure...

I know the fake has kept me off the dip for 76 days now... I also know I read something another member posted somewhere that they used fake for like 500 days before quitting it too. So for now I plug along and plan to use the fake for as long as I have to. At the same time knowing in my own heart I won't be completely content until the day comes that I have quit "dipping" altogether.

OK, all of that said I feel it was a little negative and that is the 70's funk talking... 76 day's quit I believe that I'm out of it and starting to feel that positive vibe again. QLF

Offline txtaco1

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
Quote from: m5shelly
Another milestone today:

Took a 3.5 hr road trip in the car with the family. Usually, this would involve making sure there was something to spit in and a fresh can of Red Seal or Skoal WGFC. It's one of my rituals, triggers, habit, to always pack my lip full of nic-O-bitch worm dirt and spit the whole way there. NOT THIS TIME! I told that skank to get a ride with somebody else today!

I can't lie though, it's probably been the toughest day yet. Stopping for gas; going into stores and seeing it behind the counter. I'm still "mad" at nic-O-bia and really didn't want any, but can tell seeing it has made me have cravings today. I can confidently say that today, I won!

We won! Proud to be quit with all of you today! 'oh yeah'

Jason
I think that's the best part of quitting; not having to worry about having tins available when I know I won't have access to a convenience store, like over a weekend.

Some people talk about the $ saved. I couldn't care less about that. Perhaps it's because it was still cheaper than smoking cigarettes, which I did a pack a day before starting pouches. Perhaps it's because I'm not hurting for cash, working two jobs? I don't know. But, if it were only related to cash, I'd still be using.

Proud to be quit with you. Hang in there, even after our 100 days (I'll need the support after HOF).
Shelly
I'm with you Shelly! I plan to be here WAY past 100 days. I need you guys and gals to stay quit not get some 100 day chip or token. Althought I do plan to get one and carry it daily to remind me.

Awesome,
Jason

Offline m5shelly

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fast cars, Italian motorcycles.Engineer at an awesome tool company in Milwaukee.Small business owner - auto tinting business - part-time.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »
Another milestone today:

Took a 3.5 hr road trip in the car with the family. Usually, this would involve making sure there was something to spit in and a fresh can of Red Seal or Skoal WGFC. It's one of my rituals, triggers, habit, to always pack my lip full of nic-O-bitch worm dirt and spit the whole way there. NOT THIS TIME! I told that skank to get a ride with somebody else today!

I can't lie though, it's probably been the toughest day yet. Stopping for gas; going into stores and seeing it behind the counter. I'm still "mad" at nic-O-bia and really didn't want any, but can tell seeing it has made me have cravings today. I can confidently say that today, I won!

We won! Proud to be quit with all of you today! 'oh yeah'

Jason
I think that's the best part of quitting; not having to worry about having tins available when I know I won't have access to a convenience store, like over a weekend.

Some people talk about the $ saved. I couldn't care less about that. Perhaps it's because it was still cheaper than smoking cigarettes, which I did a pack a day before starting pouches. Perhaps it's because I'm not hurting for cash, working two jobs? I don't know. But, if it were only related to cash, I'd still be using.

Proud to be quit with you. Hang in there, even after our 100 days (I'll need the support after HOF).
Shelly

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
Day 42 - Thanksgiving....

The Good:
This morning, I got up at about 630am and went for a jog/walk for just shy of 4 miles in a little over an hour. SO now I'm ready to get my feast on today. I'm thankful for too many things to list and of course my quit is right up there. Also, the fact I've dropped soda's down to an occasional treat drinking about 90% water. Along with walking and some very moderate exercise around the house I've managed to lose 14lbs so far, down from 204 to 190. On good days which are most often it's amazing how much better and better it's getting. How clearly I'm starting to see things in general. I've always prided myself in being observant and in-touch with what's going on around me and see it even more clearly now. I'm more active with the kids and around the house. It's an overall pleasure on most days and feel it getting better and better. I love not being a slave to nicotine any longer.

The Bad:
I get these funks that come over me and can set in within a minute... If not seconds. Sometimes, there is a clear trigger and I can identify what it was, others it is seemingly nothing at all. Sometimes, I can quickly identify my behavior and either head it off or change my attitude. Others, seems like no matter what I do I just want to kick-down door, rip shit off the walls, curse, scream, and just throw a down right fucking tantrum! I'm a really laid back type of personality so this isn't like me. I'm mean not to say I don't get pissed from time to time, but not like this. My wife is supportive and tries to either stay out of the way, put me in my place, or just let me rant depending on the situation.

I'm using Smokey Mountain Fake Dip so I really don't notice to many "craves" as I feel like I'm still dipping. Just no Nicotine. So I feel like these funks or rages are crave driven. Not sure if they they are 3 days worth rolled into one or if it's just part of the natural cycle. It does suck, but luckily it's a small part of the time on most days and never lasts more than about a day to two at the most. It's a small price to pay to be free of the shackles of tobacco and nicotine. Everyday is a small victory, and I plan to keep stacking day, on top of day, on top of day. I NEVER and I mean Eff'ing NEVER want to put nicotine in my body. I want to be a role model for my 2 young children and be here and be health for a long time to come.

Lastly, the "Circle Jerk" (it's really called Circle of Jerks) we call a text group has really helped me stay focused on a daily basis. They are generally one of the 1st things I see in the morning, again around lunch, and before bedtime. Like a couple of little ghey, bitches we checkin on each other and hold each other accountable. Guys, you have made this journey a lot of fun and very real. Thank you Everyone in the Circle of Jerks text group.

Now let's go eat some turkey and kick some Eagles ass... Go Cowboys! (sorry any Phily fans. I still quit with ya today though!) cowboy
Completely normal man. You are doing great. I almost forgot about that nic rage shit. Time will heal all my friend.