Author Topic: Off the nic-bitch! - Think I need help posting roll  (Read 3815 times)

Offline txtaco1

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Off the nic-bitch! - Think I need help posting roll
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Sawdogjt
TxTaco congrats on your decision to quit. I am also a former long term dipper (30 years).
Thanks Sawdog! It's funny how on the one hand it's such an easy, easy decision and once "you" make it, then it really is truly easy... BUT... On the other hand, making that decision is the toughest damn thing to do in the world when you're in that bitches grasp.

Good job on being quit since Sept. Glad to be quit today with ya!

Offline Sawdogjt

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
TxTaco congrats on your decision to quit. I am also a former long term dipper (30 years).

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 12:57:00 AM »
That's awesome!! I'm on day 7 and am struggling but reading all if this thread has helped tonight. I am staying quit with u!
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline txtaco1

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 12:35:00 AM »
Another milestone today:

Took a 3.5 hr road trip in the car with the family. Usually, this would involve making sure there was something to spit in and a fresh can of Red Seal or Skoal WGFC. It's one of my rituals, triggers, habit, to always pack my lip full of nic-O-bitch worm dirt and spit the whole way there. NOT THIS TIME! I told that skank to get a ride with somebody else today!

I can't lie though, it's probably been the toughest day yet. Stopping for gas; going into stores and seeing it behind the counter. I'm still "mad" at nic-O-bia and really didn't want any, but can tell seeing it has made me have cravings today. I can confidently say that today, I won!

We won! Proud to be quit with all of you today! 'oh yeah'

Jason

Offline txtaco1

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: txtaco1
8 Days in:

I believe I saw that I should keep this all in my intro post so it would be in one place and serve as a diary of sorts. Please, let me know if that isn't accurate.

Anyway, this evening I'm anxious about how easy it's been. Is this a trick? Is it possible I've used so long that I still have nic in my system? I've used the Smokey Mountain "fake dip" to be quit for 8-days and feel as if I've had only slight if any side-affects or withdraw symptoms. I feel like the SM fills my "trigger" cravings like after dinner, when I get out of bed, before a shower... All the times I wanted nic-bitch seems to have seamlessly been replaced with SM. I'm afraid that there is going to be some crash or melt down.

I did notice the 1st 3-4 days, I was short with my family members, but haven't really craved. While in Phoenix this week on business, I ninja dipped in the conference just like I would have with real dip only a short week ago. Ninja dipped in the airports and on airplane. Even out at a club after a few drinks, I went to the men's room and sneaked me a fat dip of the SM and on the way out noticed they had the little bathroom concierge guy and he had two cans of snuff. Honestly, my thought was that they were selling single dips in the bathroom in PHX. Seems likely in TX or AR but didn't see that one coming! LOL

Anyway after all that rambling, 1. I believe I'm feeling off or guilty for still having that "dirty little secret" using the SM. 2. I'm afraid that as much as I want to think I'm a bad ass and have simply made up my mind; that at some point there is going to be cravings and this "fog" everyone speaks of.

Is it the exercise keeping the fog at bay?

Thanks gang, I'm proud to be quit with you all today.
As long as you are keeping nic out of your system you are doing great and you have no reason to feel guilty. Enjoy your freedom and run with it!
Well, I woke up again this morning and got me a dip of my fake dip and went on a 3 mile walk. I guess between exercise, water intake, Smokey Mountain I'm whooping this nic's ass for today.

Still no real withdraw symptoms or terrible cravings on day 9 after dipping for 25+ years.

Thanks for the encouragement Grizzly has claws!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 05:55:00 AM »
8 Days in:

I believe I saw that I should keep this all in my intro post so it would be in one place and serve as a diary of sorts. Please, let me know if that isn't accurate.

Anyway, this evening I'm anxious about how easy it's been. Is this a trick? Is it possible I've used so long that I still have nic in my system? I've used the Smokey Mountain "fake dip" to be quit for 8-days and feel as if I've had only slight if any side-affects or withdraw symptoms. I feel like the SM fills my "trigger" cravings like after dinner, when I get out of bed, before a shower... All the times I wanted nic-bitch seems to have seamlessly been replaced with SM. I'm afraid that there is going to be some crash or melt down.

I did notice the 1st 3-4 days, I was short with my family members, but haven't really craved. While in Phoenix this week on business, I ninja dipped in the conference just like I would have with real dip only a short week ago. Ninja dipped in the airports and on airplane. Even out at a club after a few drinks, I went to the men's room and sneaked me a fat dip of the SM and on the way out noticed they had the little bathroom concierge guy and he had two cans of snuff. Honestly, my thought was that they were selling single dips in the bathroom in PHX. Seems likely in TX or AR but didn't see that one coming! LOL

Anyway after all that rambling, 1. I believe I'm feeling off or guilty for still having that "dirty little secret" using the SM. 2. I'm afraid that as much as I want to think I'm a bad ass and have simply made up my mind; that at some point there is going to be cravings and this "fog" everyone speaks of.

As long as you are keeping nic out of your system you are doing great and you have no reason to feel guilty. Enjoy your freedom and run with it!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline txtaco1

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 12:41:00 AM »
8 Days in:

Offline rhamsher

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
Quote from: rhamsher
Hey brother! Where in Dallas are you??? I'm on day 28 after 26 years
I'm around Midway/Walnut Hill in north Dallas. You?

So sounds like we stared somewhere around the same age. How old are you if you you don't mind? I'm just shy of 40.

Sucks rat turds that I've spent so long being her little bitch. I'm going to kick her ass today!
I'm in Mesquite. 44 years young and starting the rest of my life without that cancer shit in my mouth!!!

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
Dallas quitters, I'm off of Royal and Greenville. I'm quit with you.

Mogul
at the cross-hair of Plano, McKnney, Allen and Frisco
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »
Dallas quitters, I'm off of Royal and Greenville. I'm quit with you.

Mogul

Offline Sajax

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-23
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
internet /highfive =)
Vortex navigation aid:  This post was made by Sajax

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=6476.msg426318#msg426318

If you are arguing a position you don't necessarily agree with but are playing devil's advocate, please spell that out for me. I'm not very bright and like to understand when people are sincere or not.

Offline txtaco1

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quit hard today Taco!
I'ma kick her teeth down her throat if she ef's with me today... It's game day! (literally and figuratively)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »
Quit hard today Taco!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline txtaco1

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
Quote from: rhamsher
I'm around Midway/Walnut Hill in north Dallas. You?

So sounds like we stared somewhere around the same age. How old are you if you you don't mind? I'm just shy of 40.

Sucks rat turds that I've spent so long being her little bitch. I'm going to kick her ass today!

Offline rhamsher

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 10:00:00 AM »