Author Topic: Not too late  (Read 5369 times)

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Not too late
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »
Quote from: PbKid
Quote from: ninereasons
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: jcook
Weird times, these past few days.  I've had several moments when my heart beats fast, and I feel like I'm going in and out of focus, or like the world is wobbly. 

But the quit is still a bright and steady light ahead of me.  No looking back.

Ninereasons Day 23 of getting used to normal
All part of the battle my brothers. These things will come and go over the weeks. Each time it gets a bit better. Trust me though, you have no idea how much better things get. I am by no means a vet. I am brand new to the HOF. Not far ahead of you guys. I'm not going to lie and say there are no craves at 102 days. But they are few and far between and pretty easy to beat. Just keep at it heroes! Stay the course, better days are very close. It is soooooooo worth it!
Congratulations on reaching the big milestone, jcook. It makes it seem a lot closer for us when you guys stay to cheer us on after you've become famous. Thanks for that.
I had the same thing nine, actually had a panic attack , thought I was having a heart attack and drove my dumb ass to the hospital. Nicotine wreaks all sorts of havoc on the mind and the body. Your body is still recovering. I ended up talking to the family doc and getting some anti anxiety meds in the beginning. One thing that won't help is caving in. Just take it slow, stay in your fox hole and reach for help if you need it.
The fake stuff, gum, seeds, sweets and salt drops so completely handle my craving at this point in my quit that the thought of caving is rare and weak. But I'm doing a poor job of watching what I'm compulsively ingesting to keep cravings few and short I'm out of whack.

If this strange "buzzed", "unreal" feeling doesn't go away, I should probably get my blood pressure checked or something so that the doctor can tell me to cut down on sugar and salt.

You're right - this also is all part of recovering from the damage of decades of nicotine abuse, and keeping that in mind keeps me off the ledge.
That 'fog' is something we all experience. No problem. Sounds weird, but I looked at it like a scientist from the outside in and that helped because now it was kinda cool and interesting instead of being concerning. It's not concerning, nine. It's totally normal. It will go away.
I had one kind of fog earlier. This is different. A different phase of fog. :blink:

But I'm confident it will go away.

Offline PbKid

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Cycling (skinny and fat), Waterskiing, Freeheel skiing
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2011, 01:02:00 AM »
Weird times, these past few days.  I've had several moments when my heart beats fast, and I feel like I'm going in and out of focus, or like the world is wobbly. 

All part of the battle my brothers. These things will come and go over the weeks. Each time it gets a bit better. Trust me though, you have no idea how much better things get. I am by no means a vet. I am brand new to the HOF. Not far ahead of you guys. I'm not going to lie and say there are no craves at 102 days. But they are few and far between and pretty easy to beat. Just keep at it heroes! Stay the course, better days are very close. It is soooooooo worth it!
Congratulations on reaching the big milestone, jcook. It makes it seem a lot closer for us when you guys stay to cheer us on after you've become famous. Thanks for that.
I had the same thing nine, actually had a panic attack , thought I was having a heart attack and drove my dumb ass to the hospital. Nicotine wreaks all sorts of havoc on the mind and the body. Your body is still recovering. I ended up talking to the family doc and getting some anti anxiety meds in the beginning. One thing that won't help is caving in. Just take it slow, stay in your fox hole and reach for help if you need it.
The fake stuff, gum, seeds, sweets and salt drops so completely handle my craving at this point in my quit that the thought of caving is rare and weak. But I'm doing a poor job of watching what I'm compulsively ingesting to keep cravings few and short I'm out of whack.

If this strange "buzzed", "unreal" feeling doesn't go away, I should probably get my blood pressure checked or something so that the doctor can tell me to cut down on sugar and salt.

You're right - this also is all part of recovering from the damage of decades of nicotine abuse, and keeping that in mind keeps me off the ledge.
That 'fog' is something we all experience. No problem. Sounds weird, but I looked at it like a scientist from the outside in and that helped because now it was kinda cool and interesting instead of being concerning. It's not concerning, nine. It's totally normal. It will go away.
...when you are suffering on some gnarly hillclimb, clinging onto the wheel in front of you for dear life, pray you don't get dropped.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2011, 12:38:00 AM »

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »

"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2011, 11:25:00 PM »
Weird times, these past few days. I've had several moments when my heart beats fast, and I feel like I'm going in and out of focus, or like the world is wobbly.

But the quit is still a bright and steady light ahead of me. No looking back.

23 days... Your Huge. Most people can't quit for one day, let alone 23.

Keep the quit badass.

Offline jcook

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
Weird times, these past few days. I've had several moments when my heart beats fast, and I feel like I'm going in and out of focus, or like the world is wobbly.

"I like a man who grins when he fights." - Winston Churchill

Day 1: 11-28-10
HOF : 03-07-11

Offline Larry Drummer

• Quitter
  • Interests: quittin, living....
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »

I'm with you Nine...past couple days for me have felt like I was re-entering the fog that I felt for the first 3 days...No craves shockingly, just mild dizziness. I've been going heavy on the seeds, so you might be on to something with the salt works.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
Quote from: loot
Quote from: Scowick65
I do not feel great today. 

I cannot run faster, jump higher or recite pi to the 50th place.   My eyes are ringed with red and my lips are slightly cracked - no doubt from eating too much salt.  I can hardly stay awake at my desk, which is the result of a couple of nights' restlessness.

But that's all good.  I had already learned from other quitters that I should expect this sort of thing, and so everything is going according to plan.  Feeling good is something that might happen tomorrow, but in any case quitting happens today. 

And I feel great about that.

Ninereasons - Day 21 of staying on top of all the ups and downs
Keep going. I will get better.
Keep your head down and focus on the next step you take if that is all you can do. The time for puffing out your chest will come....not without a hefty price tho.

Hang in there little bro. All the hell will be worth it.
Early on in my quit I felt horrible . . . . just as you describe. Now, at Day 134, I feel better than I have in years.

Bottom Line: Stay the course . . . .

You can do it!
And it WILL get better!

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65

I cannot run faster, jump higher or recite pi to the 50th place.  My eyes are ringed with red and my lips are slightly cracked - no doubt from eating too much salt.  I can hardly stay awake at my desk, which is the result of a couple of nights' restlessness.

But that's all good.  I had already learned from other quitters that I should expect this sort of thing, and so everything is going according to plan.  Feeling good is something that might happen tomorrow, but in any case quitting happens today. 

Keep your head down and focus on the next step you take if that is all you can do. The time for puffing out your chest will come....not without a hefty price tho.

Hang in there little bro. All the hell will be worth it.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »

I cannot run faster, jump higher or recite pi to the 50th place. My eyes are ringed with red and my lips are slightly cracked - no doubt from eating too much salt. I can hardly stay awake at my desk, which is the result of a couple of nights' restlessness.

But that's all good. I had already learned from other quitters that I should expect this sort of thing, and so everything is going according to plan. Feeling good is something that might happen tomorrow, but in any case quitting happens today.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »

I cannot run faster, jump higher or recite pi to the 50th place. My eyes are ringed with red and my lips are slightly cracked - no doubt from eating too much salt. I can hardly stay awake at my desk, which is the result of a couple of nights' restlessness.

But that's all good. I had already learned from other quitters that I should expect this sort of thing, and so everything is going according to plan. Feeling good is something that might happen tomorrow, but in any case quitting happens today.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Larry
And on the seventh day Nine created six.

Looking for it!
Three Lord's days without nicotine of any kind. I owe that to how much help I've received from the resources on this site. Some of the profane hardasses that post here won't like the thought, but they are instruments of God's grace and I'm thankful for them.

Ninereasons Day 20, third day six

Offline Larry Drummer

• Quitter
  • Interests: quittin, living....
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
And on the seventh day Nine created six.

Looking for it!